New Corner Stands

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Inchy
Been Liked: 1333 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Re: New Corner Stands

Post by Inchy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:27 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Liverpool built a new stand behind the old stand and it didn't affect the people sitting in it until they were ready to connect up the two, and at that point they had to call games off, including moving one to the Turf.

Burnley Football Club worked alongside the Premier League, alongside EHRC and other organisations before going ahead with this plan. I would have thought those bodies might have just had more idea than you. Who would have thought that your laughable idea could possibly be better.

It’s laughable that those two boxes was the best option we had

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5267 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Inchy wrote:It’s laughable that those two boxes was the best option we had
I'll bow to your better judgement then and say it is, but given you are such an expert on the subject with more knowledge than Burnley FC, the Premier League, EHRC & all the disabled organisations put together, why didn't you offer your assistance or even manage the project?
These 2 users liked this post: jtv Bosscat

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:59 pm

Surely nobody planning those corner stands looked at the plans/design and thought they looked good.

Like leather undies. They keep your ******** in check but don’t exactly look good eh?

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:00 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I'll bow to your better judgement then and say it is, but given you are such an expert on the subject with more knowledge than Burnley FC, the Premier League, EHRC & all the disabled organisations put together, why didn't you offer your assistance or even manage the project?
Because I’m not qualified to do that but you don’t need to be a 20 goal a season striker to know Liam Robinson was sh*te

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Inchy wrote:Because I’m not qualified to do that but you don’t need to be a 20 goal a season striker to know Liam Robinson was sh*te
Is it a fact that they look sh!t though, I mean - have you actually been to the ground to take a look or are you basing it on an unfinished photo partially obscured by the site hoarding?

Leisure
Been Liked: 3786 times
Has Liked: 12469 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Not sure just how important the look of the stands is in the grand scale of things but if you care to ask any of the fans which they've been built for they'll tell you that the facilities/ view are excellent and I think that's more important than how a few fans think they look.
This user liked this post: Corky

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Leisure wrote:Not sure just how important the look of the stands is in the grand scale of things but if you care to ask any of the fans which they've been built for they'll tell you that the facilities/ view are excellent and I think that's more important than how a few fans think they look.

They view, the comfort and the facilities for those using the stands isn't close to as important as to how the outside of it looks as someone walks past one of them a few times a year. Spare a thought for these hard done to fans who have to look at the exterior
These 3 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Leisure simonclaret

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:12 pm

The view and comfort of the fans using the new facilities is of course the most important. But you can have good facilities that also look decent.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Dyched wrote:Surely nobody planning those corner stands looked at the plans/design and thought they looked good.

Like leather undies. They keep your ******** in check but don’t exactly look good eh?
But as somebody said, it looks like they are black to accommodate those with sight issues.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Inchy wrote:Because I’m not qualified to do that but you don’t need to be a 20 goal a season striker to know Liam Robinson was sh*te
And that post just about sums up you and your argument.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:27 pm

ClaretTony wrote:And that post just about sums up you and your argument.

I’m not arguing with anyone. I’m just saying the new stands look crap and I think it could have been done better.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Inchy wrote:I’m not arguing with anyone. I’m just saying the new stands look crap and I think it could have been done better.
No, you're not, you have gone into great, nonsensical detail, as to how the Bob Lord could have been converted with little or no disruption.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:39 pm

ClaretTony wrote:No, you're not, you have gone into great, nonsensical detail, as to how the Bob Lord could have been converted with little or no disruption.

Hardly gone into great detail have I? Move a few fans and develop the Bob Lord stand. Add seats elsewhere. What great detail.

Are you happy with the look of the stands? are you going to say it doesn’t matter how they look it had to be done like that?

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Spijed wrote:But as somebody said, it looks like they are black to accommodate those with sight issues.

Never been to an opticians in a black box :P

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8485 times
Has Liked: 18201 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Dyched wrote:Surely nobody planning those corner stands looked at the plans/design and thought they looked good.

I love my leather undies :roll:

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Inchy wrote:The view and comfort of the fans using the new facilities is of course the most important. But you can have good facilities that also look decent.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1565 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:52 pm

Just a thought, the fact that the two stands are where they are kind of points to the bls and cfs being improved/rebuilt at some stage in the next decade, possibly depending on the length of our premier league stay.

I like the new stands and the general slow improvement of the Turf, we’ve come a long way. Yet the bed wetters and moaners still cane the club at every opportunity.

Folk still whinging about the exterior of the stands when it’s clearly been explained above as to why they’re designed as they are.

Folk still whinging at how long they’re taking. They’ll be ready when they’re ready and really will be amazing for the folk that will use them, offering some of the best facilities in the country.

I don’t think anyone on this board is privvy to board level conversations/meetings but speak with great authority on many subjects they clearly know little about.

We should all be very proud of our club and it’s uniqueness amongst our Premier League peers. I have a feeling we’re in for a better season this year surely it’s better to enjoy it than be miserable???

UTC
These 6 users liked this post: Leisure Rick_Muller Bosscat jtv Juan Tanamera thomaspaine

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Inchy wrote:The view and comfort of the fans using the new facilities is of course the most important. But you can have good facilities that also look decent.
Look, just avert your eyes as you walk past them and job's a good'un!

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2630 times
Has Liked: 6440 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:59 pm

For the record I think the new corner stand looks smart, and I have seen it up close - I've yet to see inside and what the view is like, but our disabled fans have and they're happy with it so whats the problem...?
These 2 users liked this post: Holtyclaret Bosscat

giveusaB
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by giveusaB » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Would like to see really big club crests on the outside of the new corner stands when completed.
These 3 users liked this post: mybloodisclaret Juan Tanamera Falcon

Turfytop
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 449 times

Post by Turfytop » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Yet again, the ones that are arguing on here, are the ones that think burnley can do no wrong, anyone who has a slight criticism, they are on their backs straight away, I live across from the turf , and the new disabled boxes are unfortunately in my opinion an eyesore, unless they are going to start matching the rest of the ground with the same, which is unlikely, as the new club shop, new entrance, new ticket office etc have each been designed differently, it’s a mish mash of different cladding all the way round the ground, it’s a mess
Last edited by Turfytop on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:38 pm

Holtyclaret wrote:Just a thought, the fact that the two stands are where they are kind of points to the bls and cfs being improved/rebuilt at some stage in the next decade, possibly depending on the length of our premier league stay.

I like the new stands and the general slow improvement of the Turf, we’ve come a long way. Yet the bed wetters and moaners still cane the club at every opportunity.

Folk still whinging about the exterior of the stands when it’s clearly been explained above as to why they’re designed as they are.

Folk still whinging at how long they’re taking. They’ll be ready when they’re ready and really will be amazing for the folk that will use them, offering some of the best facilities in the country.

I don’t think anyone on this board is privvy to board level conversations/meetings but speak with great authority on many subjects they clearly know little about.

We should all be very proud of our club and it’s uniqueness amongst our Premier League peers. I have a feeling we’re in for a better season this year surely it’s better to enjoy it than be miserable???

UTC
Bloody hell mate they are not gonna start taking season tickets off people who criticise.

If people think they look **** what’s wrong with people saying they look ****?

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Is that correct regarding the reason behind the colour scheme of the stands? I’ve never noticed other grounds having a completely different colour scheme for entrance to areas that house disable facilities / seating.

I thought, when the rules were brought in, that there needed to be options for disabled supporters in all stands, so that they too could choose their preferred view / location. Is this not the case or is there more to be done?

The facilities are of course the most important thing. I must admit though, I do think that they could have been done differently / looked better. Even just housing the TV screens in the build (similar to how they’d done it at Spurs before the rebuild) would have looked better than a screen plonked on top.

I’ll judge once they’re complete.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:19 pm

DCWat wrote:Is that correct regarding the reason behind the colour scheme of the stands? I’ve never noticed other grounds having a completely different colour scheme for entrance to areas that house disable facilities / seating.

I thought, when the rules were brought in, that there needed to be options for disabled supporters in all stands, so that they too could choose their preferred view / location. Is this not the case or is there more to be done?

The facilities are of course the most important thing. I must admit though, I do think that they could have been done differently / looked better. Even just housing the TV screens in the build (similar to how they’d done it at Spurs before the rebuild) would have looked better than a screen plonked on top.

I’ll judge once they’re complete.
I’ve no idea whether the colour choice had anything to do with the visually impaired. However contrasting colours, clear signage and easy to identify points of access etc. are all important in accessible design.

I think it’s more likely that the neutral grey (by the looks of the photo?) cladding is an attempt at future-proofing the new stands rather than trying to match up with the already dated looking JM and JH stands.

Let’s face it, those stands will not be rebuilt for a long time but at some point they will need a face lift which I presume will include removal of the claret blue and grey wrinkly tin cladding.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I’ve no idea whether the colour choice had anything to do with the visually impaired. However contrasting colours, clear signage and easy to identify points of access etc. are all important in accessible design.

I think it’s more likely that the neutral grey (by the looks of the photo?) cladding is an attempt at future-proofing the new stands rather than trying to match up with the already dated looking JM and JH stands.

Let’s face it, those stands will not be rebuilt for a long time but at some point they will need a face lift which I presume will include removal of the claret blue and grey wrinkly tin cladding.
Agree with that re the signage and points of access. I just thought that the colour scheme reasoning appeared a tad far fetched.

If there is a wider plan to create a colour scheme that doesn’t look dated and may not fade, I could see the reasoning. The building itself certainly doesn’t need to be claret and blue.

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1565 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:38 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Bloody hell mate they are not gonna start taking season tickets off people who criticise.

If people think they look **** what’s wrong with people saying they look ****?
Haha , absolutely agree pal that everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but it’s the incessant whingers poised to criticise the clubs every move that gets me. Just doesn’t define supporter to me.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Burnleyareback2

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1812 times
Has Liked: 1792 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 pm

:shock:

Speak for yourself. :shock:

claretnproud
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by claretnproud » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:01 pm

FeedTheArf wrote:Why couldn't the cladding be made to match the stands around it i.e. claret, then a blue stripe, then white. Or even all Claret to make it easier?

Same with the paint inside. White and grey just makes the stand stick out like a sore thumb when it's surrounded by claret and blue seats - surely this would've been a better idea?

(Excuse the dodgy paint job, but you get the idea!)

feed the arf
do I know you? did you once do some painting and decorating for me ? :D

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 353 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:18 pm

In think trying to match the colours of tired 20 year old cladding would make it look like a crap attempt to making it fit in. I think the new design looks ok so far.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 508 times

Post by Claretforever » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:23 pm

I agree that the new design looks good, but I am not buying the idea someone mention above as a suggestion, and others ran with, that it’s to help those with sight issues. It’s black! :D

The old stands have the cheapest corrugated cladding possible, and it isn’t insulated. It’s one single sheet - check inside the stand on the concourse.

What needs to happen is a blending process of new cladding to the older stands, using the more expensive cassette cladding, which will make a huge visual impact. You then add colour with a stripe here or there, and maybe a large club crest or lettering.
These 4 users liked this post: ClaretTony Bosscat Turfytop Holtyclaret

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:23 pm

Maybe they should have gone for black and white seats in the James Hargreaves Lower. New claret and blue will look like a crap attempt to fit in with the tired looking 20 year old ones of the upper tier and Jimmy Mc.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4318 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Hmmm...wonder if new cladding, in line with Claretforever's suggestion, is in the pipeline ?

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Maybe they should have gone for black and white seats in the James Hargreaves Lower. New claret and blue will look like a crap attempt to fit in with the tired looking 20 year old ones of the upper tier and Jimmy Mc.
I actually think we should have gone for all Claret seating across the stadium, adding a dash of light blue with a strip of seats down the sides or something. Light coloured seats, such as our light blue, are easily picked up when they’re empty and the stadium looks more sparsely filled than those grounds with darker seats. We also have ours on the bottom tier, which are the seats which sell last. It’s just a visual thing.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:52 pm

I’m not buying into this cladding business. The corner stand is black and white. Why would they then replace the cladding of the other stands to black and white. Unless Juventus want to ground share for a laugh it makes no sense.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1864 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:26 pm

For those questioning the validity of using a “dark” design for the visually impaired a quick google search brings up some good links

https://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/sites/def ... S%20V2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.c-sgroup.co.uk/blog/interio ... -impaired/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:33 pm

A lot of stuff about the inside of the buildings, I’m still not seeing how the outside cladding helps the visually impaired?

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 353 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Maybe they should have gone for black and white seats in the James Hargreaves Lower. New claret and blue will look like a crap attempt to fit in with the tired looking 20 year old ones of the upper tier and Jimmy Mc.
To be fair the seats in the top tier are not sun damaged and I suspect the good seats from the JHL will replace the damaged ones in the JML eventually.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4318 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Werent the JML seats replaced fairly recently ?

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:20 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:For those questioning the validity of using a “dark” design for the visually impaired a quick google search brings up some good links

https://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/sites/def ... S%20V2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.c-sgroup.co.uk/blog/interio ... -impaired/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only skimmed these but they appear to be referring to the interiors of buildings, not a requirement to have a whole building in a specific colour scheme to aid those with visual impairment.
This user liked this post: longhair

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1427 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Just thought I’d jump back on here. In hindsight I should probably of suggested a vote, but what’s the general reckoning on potential names for the stand?

Not had a chance to read all the suggestions yet.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:38 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:Just thought I’d jump back on here. In hindsight I should probably of suggested a vote, but what’s the general reckoning on potential names for the stand?

Not had a chance to read all the suggestions yet.
The LoveBet Enclosure.

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 am

The Wheely Good Stand :)

Sausage
Been Liked: 637 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by Sausage » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 pm

The Ironside
This user liked this post: Holtyclaret

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2001 times
Has Liked: 3331 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Apparently neither of the stands will be opening until at least January 2020 because it's suddenly been pointed out that they need gender neutral loos (and Mr Barnfield didn't know that!).

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6477 times
Has Liked: 2908 times

Post by Steve1956 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm

The Gary Parkinson Stand
The Wade Elliot Stand
Two players embedded in our recent history,who we should be eternally grateful to,played a massive part in putting our club were it is today.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:26 pm

Steve1956 wrote:The Gary Parkinson Stand
The Wade Elliot Stand
Two players embedded in our recent history,who we should be eternally grateful to,played a massive part in putting our club were it is today.
It wouldn't actually be a 'stand' as those in wheelchairs are sitting! ;)

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Sausage wrote:The Ironside
This is the guy who used to get his wheelchair up the floors in tall buildings, long before they had lifts (elevators)! :)

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Get a bit more sponsorship. The ‘Muller Fruit’ Corner Stand. Or if we want to remember our past, The ‘We Never Score From A’ Corner Stand.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6477 times
Has Liked: 2908 times

Post by Steve1956 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Spijed wrote:It wouldn't actually be a 'stand' as those in wheelchairs are sitting! ;)
Gary Parkinson box
Wade Elliot box

4:20
Been Liked: 1065 times
Has Liked: 1184 times

Post by 4:20 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:51 pm

'Charlie's Corner' and 'Gateway To The Beehole'