Train and tube engineering works for Chelsea game

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Train and tube engineering works for Chelsea game

Post by aggi » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:46 am

Most will probably be aware that there are train engineering works at Euston over the Easter weekend. This won't just impact the trains from Preston/Manchester but also the London Overground trains that you can normally get direct from Watford Junction to West Brompton won't be running and that journey will involve 2 or 3 changes.

There are also plenty of tube engineering works, mainly impacting on Circle, District and Hammersmith and City Lines. In particular the tube down to Fulham Broadway (where you'd normally get off for the ground) won't be running as won't a number of the lines to Earl's Court.

https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-overground/ ... %3a59%3a59" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldn't cut it too fine if you're trying to get a train after the match, journeys will likely involve some walking or very full buses.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6461 times

Re: Train and tube engineering works for Chelsea game

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Cheers aggi.

If people dont mind the walk (24 minutes according to google), Earl's Court on the Piccadilly line should be OK from Cockfosters and Hillingdon - both good places to park up and get the tube from.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Earls ... 481663!3e2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2048 times

Post by LeadBelly » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Yes- thanks for the info aggi.
I'll be getting into London at Waterloo from the west, I'll probably go Jubilee/Picadilly to Earls Court on the way to the match then walk down to Clapham Junction afterwards when Earls Court will presumably be rammed.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 1102 times

Post by bfcmik » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:42 pm

LeadBelly wrote:Yes- thanks for the info aggi.
I'll be getting into London at Waterloo from the west, I'll probably go Jubilee/Picadilly to Earls Court on the way to the match then walk down to Clapham Junction afterwards when Earls Court will presumably be rammed.
You can get a train from Clapham Junction to either Imperial Wharf or Brompton Rd and return. Probably easier than going into central London 1st.

Those coming down from the north can either get trains/tube from Watford Junction to the above stations or park up near Willesden Junction Station to get the train.

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2048 times

Post by LeadBelly » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:12 pm

You can get a train from Clapham Junction to either Imperial Wharf or Brompton Rd and return. Probably easier than going into central London 1st.
Aye, cheers; I'm too used to getting into Waterloo then tubing around to have considered that. That option is only an hour's journey to Imperial Wharf each way for me; trains are pretty frequent too. I can fit in a beer somewhere around CJ as well rather than nearer the ground.

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:38 pm

Never thats a surprise who have thought it

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Cheers, many thanks to the OP for flagging this up.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:33 pm

We have till 8pm in the evening to get there.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2053 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:14 am

aggi wrote:Most will probably be aware that there are train engineering works at Euston over the Easter weekend. This won't just impact the trains from Preston/Manchester but also the London Overground trains that you can normally get direct from Watford Junction to West Brompton won't be running and that journey will involve 2 or 3 changes.

There are also plenty of tube engineering works, mainly impacting on Circle, District and Hammersmith and City Lines. In particular the tube down to Fulham Broadway (where you'd normally get off for the ground) won't be running as won't a number of the lines to Earl's Court.

https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-overground/ ... %3a59%3a59" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldn't cut it too fine if you're trying to get a train after the match, journeys will likely involve some walking or very full buses.

Thanks a lot, very helpful. Looks like I'll have to get there on the overground from north London. Not too familiar with the areas the overground goes through. Any stops on the line en route to Imperial Wharf that you would reccomend stopping off at for a few beers? Will probably want to avoid drinking around the ground itself.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32534 times
Has Liked: 5277 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:21 am

Rick_Muller wrote:Cheers aggi.

If people dont mind the walk (24 minutes according to google), Earl's Court on the Piccadilly line should be OK from Cockfosters and Hillingdon - both good places to park up and get the tube from.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Earls ... 481663!3e2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We got off and walked from Earl's Court last season, not sure it took that long. Worked out quicker after the game too.

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:26 am

Accy Clarets won't have a problem. I can't remember what time we are setting off but it's probably 6am for an 8pm kick off to get back home 24 hours later. Wetherspoons love us .

bfcmik
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 1102 times

Post by bfcmik » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:18 pm

tim_noone wrote:We have till 8pm in the evening to get there.
It's the getting home after that is the main problem.

aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Post by aggi » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Just a bump of this for those planning their weekend.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1489 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:04 am

If I get a ticket I travelling in via M4 and using just park
Anyone needing a lift from Reading Woodley area let me know.
Should be hearing about ticket on Sat

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:24 am

aggi wrote:Just a bump of this for those planning their weekend.
And, a reminder that you can find all the lines that are open - and those that are not - on http://www.tfl.gov.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

District line through Fulham Broadway - the dreaded "replacement bus services" are running, I think all the way from Earls Court through to Wimbledon.

Walk from Earls Court seems the best bet.

Of course, also worth looking at tfl to check your route after the game.