Something both sides of the Brexit debate will agree on.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfcjg
Been Liked: 5085 times
Has Liked: 6898 times

Something both sides of the Brexit debate will agree on.

Post by bfcjg » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:35 pm

That this annoying, opinionated, smug, mating walrus sound tribute act gets chronic laryngitis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7Qng5khYk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Billy Balfour

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Re: Something both sides of the Brexit debate will agree on.

Post by Caballo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Couldn't agree more, him and that clown in the MAGA cap. Cretins the pair of them!

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6490 times
Has Liked: 2919 times

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Twwatt...get a job!
Last edited by Steve1956 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Unbearable when he's on.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:00 pm

bfcjg wrote:That this annoying, opinionated, smug, mating walrus sound tribute act gets chronic laryngitis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7Qng5khYk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh. Him. I was hoping it'd be James Delingpole.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:08 pm

bfcjg wrote:That this annoying, opinionated, smug, mating walrus sound tribute act gets chronic laryngitis.

I couldn't agree more. I finish work and try to settle down around 8.00pm and have my tea while catching up on the news and all I hear is this prick bellowing away whenever they interview someone outside Westminster.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Not seen the fella but will have a listen sometime, without getting emotional why the negative comments.

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:I couldn't agree more. I finish work and try to settle down around 8.00pm and have my tea while catching up on the news and all I hear is this prick bellowing away whenever they interview someone outside Westminster.
An interesting thread title. I voted to remain and always would as things stand.....but I believe all the following statements and imagine most leavers would too.

1. Revoking article 50 would be a shocking and undemocratic thing to do unless mandated by the people in another referendum.
2. A second referendum asking precisely the same question as the first would be pointless
3. Theresa May has done a very poor job (actually that's a staggering understatement).
4. If she had pursued a different strategy we could have been out on March 29th.
5. If she had pursued a different strategy the country as a whole might have been less divided than it is
6. Leaving the EU will significantly alter the future of our country.

The naked truth thread is the place to go for disputes.......it might be nice to see what we can agree on.
(I think the worst aspect of the whole mess is what a divided country we have become - and I just can't se a satisfactory way out).

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:19 pm

Worse than him is his female accomplice who I had the pleasure of hearing when I popped past parliament at the end of last month.

At the time I described it as follows:
Sat here outside Westminster abbey and there’s the occasional three high pitched tones reminiscent of a warning siren or maybe a peacock being fisted. Then I notice it’s some woman shouting ‘Stooop Bwex-iiiiiiit

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:33 pm

I voted Remain, but this doesn't stop me from finding this bloke deeply irritating when I'm struggling to follow what's being said every time he bellows "STOP BREXIT" at the top of his voice. Fair enough, it's his right and it's also my right to be able to follow what's being said when politicians are being interviewed. I wouldn't brother if it was once in a while, but it's not and he's relentless.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank bfcjg

Reckoner
Been Liked: 124 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Reckoner » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:39 pm

1. Revoking article 50 would be a shocking and undemocratic thing to do unless mandated by the people in another referendum.
Agree

2. A second referendum asking precisely the same question as the first would be pointless
It can never be the same question, because there is a better understanding of what the answers can mean and the variations of beliefs behind each initial binary answer. So the choices need to be different.

3. Theresa May has done a very poor job (actually that's a staggering understatement).
Agree

4. If she had pursued a different strategy we could have been out on March 29th.
With this government I disagree. If she hadn't called a general election and sold out to the DUP, agree it could have allowed a leave. Her selfish actions have come back to haunt her.

5. If she had pursued a different strategy the country as a whole might have been less divided than it is
I don't think that is her fault. She has just failed to find a way through the division.

Agree and to the detriment of both how we are seen as a trading partner and how we are seen as human beings.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:02 pm

He's classed himself as self employed by standing there every day since 5th September 2017 and been given a flat to live in, with people buying him food.

It sounds very similar to the '60 days on the street' documentary that I watched recently. But with him it'll be nearer 60 months no doubt.

Crackers.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5085 times
Has Liked: 6898 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:14 pm

keith1879 wrote:An interesting thread title. I voted to remain and always would as things stand.....but I believe all the following statements and imagine most leavers would too.

The naked truth thread is the place to go for disputes.......it might be nice to see what we can agree on.
(I think the worst aspect of the whole mess is what a divided country we have become - and I just can't se a satisfactory way out).
This thread is for personal insults only aimed at bores on both sides of the debate who just bellow like walruses on the pull on a foggy shoreline. It is not for rational debate.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:I voted Remain, but this doesn't stop me from finding this bloke deeply irritating when I'm struggling to follow what's being said every time he bellows "STOP BREXIT" at the top of his voice. Fair enough, it's his right and it's also my right to be able to follow what's being said when politicians are being interviewed. I wouldn't brother if it was once in a while, but it's not and he's relentless.
Dyche would be proud that he's so relentless and every day he goes again.