Colins after match interview

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretnproud
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Colins after match interview

Post by claretnproud » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:08 pm

I actually sympathised with Cardiff after the Chelsea game but Colins interview afterward saturdays game just lost him any credibility.
Mee's hand was in a natural position when ball hammered at him from 6 feet ( what on earth was Ian Wright talking about on motd ? ).
Then Colin said that they thought that Mee had made a hand movement to the ball when he headed it at his hand from 18 inches ?.
Then when Taylor was supposed to have fouled in the area he actually touched the ball away. Absolute rubbish from Colin and Ian Wright.
We bossed the game early and basically allowed them onto us through just defending our lead.
Cardiff going back to where they should be. Good riddance.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Re: Colins after match interview

Post by Bosscat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:19 pm

I think the funniest thing was reported in the Mail.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... -safe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Colin is walking up the tunnel after the game and the Anti-doping team are there. He said very loudly "Are you here to test the Referee".
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank basil6345789 Foshiznik

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 pm

claretnproud wrote:I actually sympathised with Cardiff after the Chelsea game but Colins interview afterward saturdays game just lost him any credibility.
Mee's hand was in a natural position when ball hammered at him from 6 feet ( what on earth was Ian Wright talking about on motd ? ).
Then Colin said that they thought that Mee had made a hand movement to the ball when he headed it at his hand from 18 inches ?.
Then when Taylor was supposed to have fouled in the area he actually touched the ball away. Absolute rubbish from Colin and Ian Wright.
We bossed the game early and basically allowed them onto us through just defending our lead.
Cardiff going back to where they should be. Good riddance.
Taylor didn't make any contact with the ball, the angle from the corner flag makes it look the case but other angles show he misses and kicks gunnarsons foot. Still dont think it's a foul mind

Reckoner
Been Liked: 124 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Reckoner » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:22 pm

I think the decisions were all correct but you cant criticise Warnock for arguing for them. Its an emotional and partisan sport, and Dyche does his fair share of arguing for penalties not given, or he did before we eventually got one. I don't see any difference, and given that the referee's decisions cost them so much against Chelsea I think its only natural he feels aggrieved that they didn't get one of the three or four - I'm sure lots of people criticising now would be arguing a different way if the decisions had gone against Burnley. Highlighting the decisions also helps put a little pressure on their referee tomorrow.
This user liked this post: claretfern

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Reckoner wrote:. Highlighting the decisions also helps put a little pressure on their referee tomorrow.
I actually believe that it gets the opposite result.
Referees will tend to stick together, they don't like criticism from the likes of Warnock, and they won't want to be seen trying to re-balance by making a "soft" decision.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Let's be fair here - Cardiff didn't deserve anything from the game. We were better than them and could have 3-0 up at half time. They got away with it by only losing 2-0. No doubt Colin will have realised that the morning after.

They can look at the penalties all they like, they should have been buried after 45 minutes.

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Gunnarsson pushed Taylor over, I think I may be one of the few people that noticed that but if you watch it it’s bleeding obvious. The referee did make a mistake, it should’ve been a free kick to us.
This user liked this post: simonclaret

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:07 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Let's be fair here - Cardiff didn't deserve anything from the game. We were better than them and could have 3-0 up at half time. They got away with it by only losing 2-0. No doubt Colin will have realised that the morning after.

They can look at the penalties all they like, they should have been buried after 45 minutes.

He knew that before the game finished. He has to direct the media away from how crap his team was or he might lose his job.

Should be in Westminster
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2461 times
Has Liked: 1992 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:10 pm

thelaughingclaret wrote:Gunnarsson pushed Taylor over, I think I may be one of the few people that noticed that but if you watch it it’s bleeding obvious. The referee did make a mistake, it should’ve been a free kick to us.
Here you go.
https://t.co/3BCTlxMVNG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:Here you go.
https://t.co/3BCTlxMVNG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An absolute donut of a person runs that profile.

claretnproud
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by claretnproud » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Colin clearly had good reasons to criticise the Chelsea ref....I have just rewatched the taylor incident and in an attempt to reach ball he does kick the lad which in turn knocks the ball away. Its a pen if you agree with all the soft pens currently being given but the other 2 were clearly not. My point remains though, why make a song and dance on 3 decisions that were correctly given as not a penalty and at best were marginal claims. If I was a ref watching motd I would probably be less likely to give a pen to a manager who claims for silly stuff.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6448 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:22 pm

claretnproud wrote:Colin clearly had good reasons to criticise the Chelsea ref....I have just rewatched the taylor incident and in an attempt to reach ball he does kick the lad which in turn knocks the ball away. Its a pen if you agree with all the soft pens currently being given but the other 2 were clearly not. My point remains though, why make a song and dance on 3 decisions that were correctly given as not a penalty and at best were marginal claims. If I was a ref watching motd I would probably be less likely to give a pen to a manager who claims for silly stuff.
Sorry mate, when I watched it live from about 25 yards away I clearly saw the push on Taylor before he went to ground - it doesn’t matter one iota that Taylor May have caught his foot or not - Taylor was clearly pushed. That has been reinforced after watching all the replays. It was never a penalty and neither were any of the others - all blown up by the media to make a story to shift papers and get clicks.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:21 pm

thelaughingclaret wrote:Gunnarsson pushed Taylor over, I think I may be one of the few people that noticed that but if you watch it it’s bleeding obvious. The referee did make a mistake, it should’ve been a free kick to us.
Not a mistake as we got possession so we had the advantage.
As I interpret it - in any case - it was a tussle that would have gone pretty much unnoticed had it been on the halfway line. (Gunnarsson pushed him a bit, then there was a bit of contact from Taylor as he fell over but not enough to merit a big decision). It's only because it was inside the box that Cardiff were making much fuss about it.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 am

nil_desperandum wrote:I actually believe that it gets the opposite result.
Referees will tend to stick together, they don't like criticism from the likes of Warnock, and they won't want to be seen trying to re-balance by making a "soft" decision.
They should have tested Warnock. Never seen a mon with has much Botox as him

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:33 am

FactualFrank wrote:Let's be fair here - Cardiff didn't deserve anything from the game. We were better than them and could have 3-0 up at half time. They got away with it by only losing 2-0. No doubt Colin will have realised that the morning after.

What b0ll0cks.

We should have been 4-0 up.