Violent Climate change lefty’s..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Re: Violent Climate change lefty’s..

Post by Greenmile » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:18 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Climate change is happening always has man made climate change is political,your so intellectually superior turtle I guess you must have a couple of businesses and worked for yourself for decades and employed lots of people ? oh no sorry I forgot that's me not you :D
Is that supposed to be supporting evidence? “I’ve employed lots of people so any old ******** I come out with must be right”?

You’re not big on this “science” thing, are you?

Edit - also, for someone who goes on about them all the time, you’d think you’d be able to spell “lefties”.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:26 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Climate change is happening always has man made climate change is political,your so intellectually superior turtle I guess you must have a couple of businesses and worked for yourself for decades and employed lots of people ? oh no sorry I forgot that's me not you :D
I'm not seeing any supporting evidence in your post. Just a lot of claims.

Again, please provide some evidence that supports your opinion and that counters the scientific consensus,

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Greenmile wrote:Is that supposed to be supporting evidence? “I’ve employed lots of people so any old ******** I come out with must be right”?

You’re not big on this “science” thing, are you?

Edit - also, for someone who goes on about them all the time, you’d think you’d be able to spell “lefties”.
Ah how sweet turtle has a fwend...

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Ah how sweet turtle has a fwend...
Are you going to support your opinion, or are you just going to continue to represent the denialist community with childishness like this?

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:52 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Are you going to support your opinion, or are you just going to continue to represent the denialist community with childishness like this?
I'm bored with this now especially as it doesn't exist ! let me be crystal clear I don't believe in man made climate change I won't change my mind ever so try and convert someone who cares as I don't ...out

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:55 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote: let me be crystal clear I don't believe in man made climate change I won't change my mind ever
Thought so.

I was actually going to try and demonstrate this by debunking the evidence you provided and then watching as you refused to change your opinion, but you've saved me a bunch of time and effort by just coming right out and saying it.
These 3 users liked this post: Greenmile GodIsADeeJay81 Claret-On-A-T-Rex

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Thought so.

I was actually going to try and demonstrate this by debunking the evidence you provided and then watching as you refused to change your opinion, but you've saved me a bunch of time and effort by just coming right out and saying it.
thank god for that your harder to shake off than a Jehovah witness..

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:00 pm

Do they also scare you Smudge?

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:40 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Disrupt working peoples day and smash up buildings because of what equates to a religion
pretty typical..
SmudgetheClaret wrote:...let me be crystal clear I don't believe in man made climate change I won't change my mind ever so try and convert someone who cares ...

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38 am

Someone is most definitely a couple of oil spills short of a full environmental disaster.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:44 am

Why is anyone bothering debating with the Troll that is Smudge?
He’s clearly mentally ill, like Wrongo.
These 2 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex Greenmile

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:22 am

113 arrested yesterday for acting peaceful and it continues today medical emergencies are of no concern just block the traffic Turtle go on keep saying it’s all worth it..

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:24 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:113 arrested yesterday for acting peaceful and it continues today medical emergencies are of no concern just block the traffic Turtle go on keep saying it’s all worth it..
The science is clear and settled. You deny that yet provide nothing to support your argument.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:26 am

It's an odd fact that 'rightists' criticise 'lefties' for caring about the environment. I'm not sure why this is other than the possibility that those on the right really DON'T care. If not why not? Keeping the dollars rolling in and keeping people in work is all very well but isn't worth a damn if there is no world left to be rich and have a job in. There has to be a balance but unfortunately name calling by the right doesn't appear to be a good start. Yes there are some idiots on the left but generally speaking I would ask those who criticise environmentalists what exactly they would do? What do they bring to the table with regard to saving a planet that, once we reach the tipping point for greenhouse gases, there can and will be no turning back. Pollution, over population, deforestation, you name it, we cannot just ignore these things and pretend they aren't there. No amount of pointless name calling (lefty, snowflake, tree hugger, etc.) is going to help. The environment isn't the responsibility of the left, it's the responsibility of all of us and I fail to see how many people cannot understand this.

The critics are probably the same people who throw fag packets out of car windows instead of taking them home and disposing of them properly or throw their McDonalds wrappers on the street - or maybe not - maybe they just don't understand. Or maybe, as I said, they just really don't care.
These 3 users liked this post: Erasmus Falcon Vegas Claret

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:57 am

Houseboy, I think it might be because climate change and environmental degradation threatens the capitalist ideal of unlimited, unrestricted economic growth. As we can see from Smudge's comments, this has almost become a religious belief for some. What we need is a different form of capitalism that accepts there must be some moderation and some sense of responsibility for the consequences of economic expansion. Otherwise, the present market-based ideology will cause us incalculable damage. Well, perhaps not for me as I am quite old, but I do worry about the world my children and grandchildren will inherit.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:57 am

Only 5 people were arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:03 am

Erasmus wrote:Houseboy, I think it might be because climate change and environmental degradation threatens the capitalist ideal of unlimited, unrestricted economic growth. As we can see from Smudge's comments, this has almost become a religious belief for some. What we need is a different form of capitalism that accepts there must be some moderation and some sense of responsibility for the consequences of economic expansion. Otherwise, the present market-based ideology will cause us incalculable damage. Well, perhaps not for me as I am quite old, but I do worry about the world my children and grandchildren will inherit.
For people like Smudge it isn't really about ideology. He hasn't got a clue about how capitalism and the free market is failing us when it comes to climate change. Nor has he got any idea about the science behind the overwhelming evidence that climate change is being caused by the global warming we are inducing. For him, and millions like him, he's just fighting for his team. The facts of the argument are irrelevant to people like him, which is why he says there is nothing that will change his mind.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:07 am

I know this isn't a funny subject
And
I know that if they are right, and there is considerable evidence that they are, not unequivocal but none the less the informed choice of opinion for most sane people, then these actions are a drop in the ocean of the harm that unchecked climate change would cause.
But
The bloody news reporters said that these protesters , WALKED, from all areas of the country.
Keep it real at least.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1813 times
Has Liked: 1794 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:21 pm

Lefties.
Learn to spell your abusive terms correctly.
Lessens impact when you can't spell.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Erasmus wrote:Houseboy, I think it might be because climate change and environmental degradation threatens the capitalist ideal of unlimited, unrestricted economic growth. As we can see from Smudge's comments, this has almost become a religious belief for some. What we need is a different form of capitalism that accepts there must be some moderation and some sense of responsibility for the consequences of economic expansion. Otherwise, the present market-based ideology will cause us incalculable damage. Well, perhaps not for me as I am quite old, but I do worry about the world my children and grandchildren will inherit.
Excellent response and very true. No-one I think is suggesting that we abandon all industry and go back to the horse and cart but the automatic response of many right wingers to environmentalists (lefties/pinkos/snowflakes/etc.) is a classic case of burying the head in the sand. Climate change is not totally man made, part of it is cyclical (the ice ages weren't caused by humans) but throwing billions of tons of crap into the atmosphere and thinking it isn't doing any harm is just plain stupidity. Destroying the rainforests at the present rate is not sustainable, they are literally the lungs of the planet. Population increase will reach an unsustainable level before very long unless there is a major pandemic, a very major war or we start actually thinkiing about serious birth control. Even the seas are becoming so full of crap that the fish are dying (or being over-fished).

A civilisation that can contribute to all this also has the scientific and technical wherewithal to solve it but there has to be a will to do so, but while we have the current economic and political thinking nothing will be done. Trump in the White House will do nothing. The Chinese will do nothing and neither it seems will India. Russia has no will to do it (so much for lefty thinking) and the major economies in South America are happy to just keep chopping down trees.

There has to be a whole new way of thinking (neither left nor right) in order to re-build because, as Pirsig so rightly said, to destroy that which is seen as bad but re-build with with the same thinking that produced the orignal problem is just to re-produce that original problem.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:11 pm

houseboy wrote:It's an odd fact that 'rightists' criticise 'lefties' for caring about the environment. I'm not sure why this is other than the possibility that those on the right really DON'T care. If not why not? Keeping the dollars rolling in and keeping people in work is all very well but isn't worth a damn if there is no world left to be rich and have a job in. There has to be a balance but unfortunately name calling by the right doesn't appear to be a good start. Yes there are some idiots on the left but generally speaking I would ask those who criticise environmentalists what exactly they would do? What do they bring to the table with regard to saving a planet that, once we reach the tipping point for greenhouse gases, there can and will be no turning back. Pollution, over population, deforestation, you name it, we cannot just ignore these things and pretend they aren't there. No amount of pointless name calling (lefty, snowflake, tree hugger, etc.) is going to help. The environment isn't the responsibility of the left, it's the responsibility of all of us and I fail to see how many people cannot understand this.

The critics are probably the same people who throw fag packets out of car windows instead of taking them home and disposing of them properly or throw their McDonalds wrappers on the street - or maybe not - maybe they just don't understand. Or maybe, as I said, they just really don't care.
Nobody is criticising anyone for caring about the environment,what we are talking about here is a crazed bunch of cult followers that demand everybody believes their unproven theory so they as usual turn VIOLENT it's their norm..

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:47 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Nobody is criticising anyone for caring about the environment,what we are talking about here is a crazed bunch of cult followers that demand everybody believes their unproven theory so they as usual turn VIOLENT it's their norm..
Anthropogenic climate change is an unproven theory in the same way that gravity is. Why don’t you try jumping off a tall building to prove your point (and to make the world a slightly better place)?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:06 pm

If I was Smudge I would delete my account - what a car crash of a thread.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:33 pm

Well if that’s an example of a “Violent Climate change lefty” in the picture in the link below, I don’t think that there’s to much to worry about.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 pm

The government reckons that between twenty-eight and thirty-six thousand people die each year as a result of air pollution. Plastic has made its way to every corner of the land and sea, and we’re told we have just twelve years before some of the changes to the climate could become irreversible for ten thousand years or more; yet we’re told it’s the people who protest against this catastrophe who are the real problem. There are newspapers who print this stuff, and they’re read by millions of people.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:09 pm

AndrewJB wrote:The government reckons that between twenty-eight and thirty-six thousand people die each year as a result of air pollution. Plastic has made its way to every corner of the land and sea, and we’re told we have just twelve years before some of the changes to the climate could become irreversible for ten thousand years or more; yet we’re told it’s the people who protest against this catastrophe who are the real problem. There are newspapers who print this stuff, and they’re read by millions of people.
Yes and it appears that a number on here buy these gutter press tabloids.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:50 pm

AndrewJB wrote:The government reckons that between twenty-eight and thirty-six thousand people die each year as a result of air pollution. Plastic has made its way to every corner of the land and sea, and we’re told we have just twelve years before some of the changes to the climate could become irreversible for ten thousand years or more; yet we’re told it’s the people who protest against this catastrophe who are the real problem. There are newspapers who print this stuff, and they’re read by millions of people.
Hi Andrew, re air pollution, I guess you know that that was because Blair/Brown promoted the use of diesel (rather than petrol) because it had lower carbon emissions - but they didn't think that the extra nox mattered.

We need economic advancement to be able to afford the means to combat climate change. That's the challenge. no easy answers.

The best thing this latest lot can do is get their children back to school and learn how to make the changes that are required.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:51 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Disrupt working peoples day and smash up buildings because of what equates to a religion
pretty typical..
watch "our planet" on Netlix then tell me you think what they are doing is wrong

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Andrew, re air pollution, I guess you know that that was because Blair/Brown promoted the use of diesel (rather than petrol) because it had lower carbon emissions - but they didn't think that the extra nox mattered.

We need economic advancement to be able to afford the means to combat climate change. That's the challenge. no easy answers.

The best thing this latest lot can do is get their children back to school and learn how to make the changes that are required.

Renewable energy is easily affordable already. Even more affordable is we end the economic subsidies that the fossil fuel industry enjoys and doesn't need and give them to the renewable sector that isn't killing us and destroying our planet. But you don't even believe the subsidies are real because, apparently you didn't feel them personally.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Andrew, re air pollution, I guess you know that that was because Blair/Brown promoted the use of diesel (rather than petrol) because it had lower carbon emissions - but they didn't think that the extra nox mattered.

All air pollution is New Labour’s fault now, is it?

I’ve heard them blamed for the global financial crisis before, but never for global pollution.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Renewable energy is easily affordable already. Even more affordable is we end the economic subsidies that the fossil fuel industry enjoys and doesn't need and give them to the renewable sector that isn't killing us and destroying our planet. But you don't even believe the subsidies are real because, apparently you didn't feel them personally.
Hi IT, we know that the "subsidies" you refer to for fossil fuels are the 5% VAT we are charged on gas and power consumption. That might be a "subsidy" for the consumer - but it doesn't put any money into the fossil fuel producers pockets.

On the other hand, the consumer is paying extra to "support" the development of renewable generators. Fair enough, but why would you want to subsidise renewable generation any more than they need - anything extra won't create more renewable generation it will only go in extra profits for the owners of those businesses - and meanwhile will create more "fuel poverty."

Most of the people who have installed solar pv on their roof tops have been "wealthy" people. Do you want these people to be make even more money - paid for all the time by the poeple who can't afford to own their own homes and, if they do have their own homes, they don't have the spare money to install solar pv?

Do you think we should have a "zero carbon" economy by 2025? Do you think it is even remotely possible?

Do you think "the science" requires that type of response?

The challenge for "climate change" is finding the "right" answers. We aren't going to get those answers from a few people deciding to seek a bit of publicity in central London.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 pm

Greenmile wrote:All air pollution is New Labour’s fault now, is it?

I’ve heard them blamed for the global financial crisis before, but never for global pollution.
Hi Greenmile, did I suggest that? The quote was extra deaths in the UK from air pollution. Those numbers started to increase around 2001 - the same time that Blair/Brown started to promote diesel usage.

But, don't think that this is my association. Why do you think that the UK government - as well as many other governments - are now trying to discourage use of diesel powered rvs? London mayor has just introduced the "ultra-low emissions zone" (or something like that). Why has he done that?
Are you suggesting that diesel emissions aren't harmful to heath?

Check out British Heart Foundation if you want a "scientific" view.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:27 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Nobody is criticising anyone for caring about the environment,what we are talking about here is a crazed bunch of cult followers that demand everybody believes their unproven theory so they as usual turn VIOLENT it's their norm..
So you are in denial about it then? Listen if it’s not true what’s wrong with cleaning things up anyway and if it’s true then we damn we’ll HAVE to do something about it. The weight of evidence is on the side of it being true so are you saying we just ignore it until somebody says it’s 100%? By which time it will be too late. You need to understand the physics behind it. Once the greenhouse effect takes hold it is absolutely irreversible. It is a tipping point beyond which it becomes self-generating. If you don’t believe it why do you think it hardly snows in winter now? Why, apart the odd occasions (last year) do we get crap summers with so much rain? Huge chunks of ice are falling off the arctic. I had my doubts for a while but I have changed my mind, do we want a future where we never see the sun but it just keeps getting hotter as the heat is trapped under cloud? Constant rain and failing crops? Scientists believe that Venus may once have had an atmosphere not too dissimilar to Earth but now is one of the most inhospitable places in the solar system. Are we willing to gamble on Earths future just to keep rich people getting richer and making sure people have jobs? Some things transcend economics and I would say the Earths future is one of them.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:44 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi Greenmile, did I suggest that?
Yes, you did.
Paul Waine wrote:Hi Andrew, re air pollution, I guess you know that that was because Blair/Brown promoted the use of diesel...

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi IT, we know that the "subsidies" you refer to for fossil fuels are the 5% VAT we are charged on gas and power consumption. That might be a "subsidy" for the consumer - but it doesn't put any money into the fossil fuel producers pockets.

See? Utterly useless. Right out of the gate you're misrepresenting.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:44 am

Most of those idiot demonstrators will more than likely be school teachers on there Easter holidays

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 am

Top Claret wrote:Most of those idiot demonstrators will more than likely be school teachers on there Easter holidays
Good for them. They work harder than most, and now they're trying using their well-earned time off to make a change that will help save the planet for the rest of us.

Let me guess, Top Claret, you think climate change is all a hoax, right?

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Good for them. They work harder than most, and now they're trying using their well-earned time off to make a change that will help save the planet for the rest of us.

We need a list of all the protesters who have been on any sort of holiday or break this year or have one planned then we would like
it confirming that none will be using airlines as the emissions are horrendous in fact its got to be solar or electric transport otherwise
its hypocracy at its height 8-) you going away Turtle or been ? how you getting/going there ? :lol:

BleedingClaret

Post by BleedingClaret » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:34 pm

I would be surprised if under close scrutiny many, if almost any, of these protesters have a significantly smaller footprint than the average person does.
If they don't drive a car, if they don't have gas central heating, if they don't go on their hols on a plane, then fair do's.
Like the Kids, if they walk the walk they preach then all good, we know it's bullss**t with the kids, and just like some posters above the timing of these protest makes you wonder whose just having a cleansing their soul jolly, then back to their gas central heated house, back to work in their Chelsea Tractor and off on a Big Bird for proper holiday during their 6-8 week summer Hols.

BleedingClaret

Post by BleedingClaret » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Caroline Lucas not their today as her Sons just come back from The USA.
How did he get here by Canoe.
This user liked this post: SmudgetheClaret

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Good grief

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1118457990078717952" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:01 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:We need a list of all the protesters who have been on any sort of holiday or break this year or have one planned then we would like
it confirming that none will be using airlines as the emissions are horrendous in fact its got to be solar or electric transport otherwise
its hypocracy at its height 8-) you going away Turtle or been ? how you getting/going there ? :lol:
BleedingClaret wrote:I would be surprised if under close scrutiny many, if almost any, of these protesters have a significantly smaller footprint than the average person does.
If they don't drive a car, if they don't have gas central heating, if they don't go on their hols on a plane, then fair do's.
Like the Kids, if they walk the walk they preach then all good, we know it's bullss**t with the kids, and just like some posters above the timing of these protest makes you wonder whose just having a cleansing their soul jolly, then back to their gas central heated house, back to work in their Chelsea Tractor and off on a Big Bird for proper holiday during their 6-8 week summer Hols.
BleedingClaret wrote:Caroline Lucas not their today as her Sons just come back from The USA.
How did he get here by Canoe.
You two need to start proof-reading your posts for utter stupidity. This is some fo the dumbest **** posted on any climate change thread. I expect this level of stupidity from Smudge, but i'm disappointed to see it from you, BleedingClaret.
This user liked this post: BleedingClaret

GodIsADeeJay81
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You two need to start proof-reading your posts for utter stupidity. This is some fo the dumbest **** posted on any climate change thread. I expect this level of stupidity from Smudge, but i'm disappointed to see it from you, BleedingClaret.
So holding climate change protesters to a higher standard is dumb/stupid/[insert insult here] ?

Why is that then?
If someone rings me telling me they can optimize my website, but their own site hasn't been done to a high standard should I use that company or just assume they're not fit to do the job?

Same with someone asking people to change how they live, but they're still living in a way that's not good for the climate/environment...

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:So holding climate change protesters to a higher standard is dumb/stupid/[insert insult here] ?

Why is that then?
If someone rings me telling me they can optimize my website, but their own site hasn't been done to a high standard should I use that company or just assume they're not fit to do the job?

Same with someone asking people to change how they live, but they're still living in a way that's not good for the climate/environment...
Because it's bullshit. First of all it's complete speculation that these people dont' have reduced carbon footprints, but what's more is that it is a deliberate attempt to avoid what they're actually protesting for.

And your analogy sucks. They're not trying to convince you to buy something from them, they're trying to convince you that we all must do something, collectively, about the harm we are doing to ourselves. If a 30 stone 20 year old tells you that your diet of 30 doughnuts and 12 pints of beer per day is really bad for you they're not wrong just because their diet is pizza and chocolate. Likewise IF (and it's a ******* big "if" because it's a bullshit attempt to avoid the issue) these people aren't practising what they preach then so ******* what? They are still right.

That is why it is dumb/stupid/moronic.

Edit: And if you think it is an insult to call an idea dumb or stupid then you are far too emotionally attached to your dumb and stupid ideas.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Right, so you're happy for someone advocating for changes to our carbon footprint to have an equal or bigger carbon footprint than the people they're preaching too because they're preaching to the rest of us?

Glad we cleared that up.

Also shows how stupid/dumb you can be when you're triggered and not thinking clearly.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Good for them. They work harder than most, and now they're trying using their well-earned time off to make a change that will help save the planet for the rest of us.

My response team has been running at 25% under strength all week, to facilitate this protest. And this is in the midst of a knife crime epidemic which is not letting up. We had a shop keeper stabbed yesterday by 6 teenagers stealing cigarettes.

Immediate grade calls are not being met because there are simply no officers to deal. 10 years of austerity have left no contingency. The cupboard is bare.

I absolutely agree that something needs to be done about climate change, but this isn’t the way. It’s members of the public in genuine need of the emergency services, small business owners, and people going about their daily business most impacted by this.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:It has journalistic integrity. Part of having journalistic integrity is being informed. They might one day lose that integrity, at which time they'll join the shitheap, where the Express resides.
Funny I thought you resided there? Too good for you that though.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:35 pm

Pity these misguided fools didnt stay abroad when tgey did their gap years. Wonder if they walked to India?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 pm

Stayingup wrote:Pity these misguided fools didnt stay abroad when tgey did their gap years. Wonder if they walked to India?
Doesn't matter now they're trying to tell us all to change/reduce our carbon footprint.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:40 pm

This plonker have a business? Haha
The TIT? He wouldnt have the first clue a out business.