Amir Khan't

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Amir Khan't

Post by IanMcL » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:13 pm

Can't find another thread.
Stayed up and watched, hoping he could turn back the clock and prove to be the naturally bigger man, of the two.

Sadly, he looked more frail than a solid, Crawford and got battered a bit, before taking one in the goolies.

That probably saved him, from further punishment, although he did clonk Crawford, a few times.

Career at an end, would be best for Khan.
Thanks Amir. Good luck.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4092 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Re: Amir Khan't

Post by bobinho » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Knew he was on a hiding to nothing. Took a way out when it was offered. Didn’t really want to be in there anymore. Payday, nothing more.

He’s got skills, or at least he did when he was a bit younger, but his jaw has always been made of crystal. Shame really, could’ve been a great if he could take a shot.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Not so sure his jaw was weak. More a case of a consistent and easy to spot flaw, which gives a free hit to any fighter swift enough and with a punch.

To his credit, he got up.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Amir khunt

Fight brook. Get a payday. Get beat then retire

fanzone
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 65 times

Post by fanzone » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:05 pm

theroyaldyche wrote:Amir khunt

Fight brook. Get a payday. Get beat then retire
Beat off Brook? What in Brooks last handfull of fights says he would beat Khan (I dont like Khan but Brook has been gash at best in the last few years, and in allhonestly never really great)
This user liked this post: Alanstevensonsgloves

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:55 pm

fanzone wrote:Beat off Brook? What in Brooks last handfull of fights says he would beat Khan (I dont like Khan but Brook has been gash at best in the last few years, and in allhonestly never really great)
Brook would ruin him

He keeps avoiding him

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Khan in his prime would eat Brook for breakfast , though i could see KB stopping in if they got it on now . He needs to retire though now , had some great fights and fought some world class fighters . Quite why he took the Crawford fight is anyone’s guess ? Crawford will be a “hall of famer” in time and is a true best in world pound for pound imo . He was dominating Khan , AK looked like he struggled with the switch style and I think he took the low blow as a chance to bow about reasonably gracefully . Khan always seems a decent northern lad to me and I hope he doesn’t chase a last payday
This user liked this post: bobinho

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Sadly, they all chase a last payday and to relive the adoration.

Just that it ends in tears.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:40 pm

theroyaldyche wrote:Brook would ruin him

He keeps avoiding him
Yeah, he ducked Brook, took the easy option against the p4p best fighter on the planet

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:41 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Khan in his prime would eat Brook for breakfast , though i could see KB stopping in if they got it on now . He needs to retire though now , had some great fights and fought some world class fighters . Quite why he took the Crawford fight is anyone’s guess ? Crawford will be a “hall of famer” in time and is a true best in world pound for pound imo . He was dominating Khan , AK looked like he struggled with the switch style and I think he took the low blow as a chance to bow about reasonably gracefully . Khan always seems a decent northern lad to me and I hope he doesn’t chase a last payday
I think Khan has been vastly overrated in his entire career. He came onto the scene and fought average at best fighters. In fact, I'm sure I remember reading that his unbeaten run didn't involve any fighter that they themselves were unbeaten. His opposition were not much to write home about. The first time he did come up against someone undefeated - he lost, which I think was Prescott. And Prescott was past his best then and his career dropped off.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:58 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I think Khan has been vastly overrated in his entire career. He came onto the scene and fought average at best fighters. In fact, I'm sure I remember reading that his unbeaten run didn't involve any fighter that they themselves were unbeaten. His opposition were not much to write home about. The first time he did come up against someone undefeated - he lost, which I think was Prescott. And Prescott was past his best then and his career dropped off.
He has fought the very best throughout his career. I can understand people criticising his defence etc, but to say he has fought average fighters is just bizarre.
The list of boxers he has faced is as good as any British fighters in the last 20 years
Edit to say the Prescott defeat was an absolute freak, once in a lifetime bingo shot. He was robbed by the judges v Peterson. Was doing very well v Garcia before his defence let him down and boxed the ears off a much bigger Canelo before he got caught with a huge shot.
Khan is disliked by casual British boxing fans for some strange reason, but I cant think of another fighter from these shores who has provided as much drama and entertainment as he has, for both good and bad reasons

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:07 pm

Damo wrote:He has fought the very best throughout his career. I can understand people criticising his defence etc, but to say he has fought average fighters is just bizarre.
The list of boxers he has faced is as good as any British fighters in the last 20 years
You mean like Garcia, Peterson, Alvarez and Crawford? Probably 4 of the best fighters he's stepped in the ring against and lost them all?

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:08 pm

I won't miss him, when he's gone.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank JarrowClaret

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Vino blanco wrote:I won't miss him, when he's gone.
Me neither.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:14 pm

FactualFrank wrote:You mean like Garcia, Peterson, Alvarez and Crawford? Probably 4 of the best fighters he's stepped in the ring against and lost them all?
I bet you supported Hatton who lost against Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Senchenko

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:19 pm

Damo wrote:I bet you supported Hatton who lost against Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Senchenko
Let me know which bookies took your bet on.

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:37 am

I don't understand the vitriol towards Khan, he's a former world champion and did so at a time when Britain weren't producing as many world class fighters as they are today. He's been exciting to watch throughout his career, and been brave with it. Moving up a weight to face one of the best boxers on the planet in Canelo was almost suicide, especially after rehydration the guy was huge in comparison. In defeat he boxed really well, but mostly he got dogs abuse for his "glass chin" afterwards and not the appreciation he deserved.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:52 am

Khan’s big problem is khan himself and his arrogance,

Always in exciting fights and a very good boxer but just never have the physical ability to be at the top level.

The brook fight has long past it’s sell by date and I think even now Brook still walks away with the W after laying out Khan cold. Brooks timing and khans mental weakness will ensure that Brook connects with some heavy leather and Brook is heavy handed.