Luiz says we are anti football

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Re: Luiz says we are anti football

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:02 am

He looks like a dinner lady in that photo. Or Bob Willis.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 am

The irony of the player who captained Brazil, whilst leading the defence, to a the 7-1 massacre, telling all and sundry we’re anti football because we scored 66% of our on target shots...

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 am

We obviously learnt by our previous errors.
When we won the free kick deep in the Chelsea half in the 94th minute, we made sure we kept possession instead of going for the winner from a set piece.

We have conceded so many points in the last minutes of games, we had to keep our shape.

Fantastic performances we throughly deserved our point

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:34 am

No problem with our performance Yesterday, we did exactly what we had to, away from home to a billionaire owned side, open up give Hazard space and we'll take a tubbing. So many fans of the ''top 6'' clubs fail to see reality, they fail to consider the sheer difference in budget between the two sides, I suspect because many of the ''top 6'' supporters aren't local fans and for me, there's a big emotional connection difference between a born and bred fan of your local team and the born, pick a successful team type fans which is seemingly popular these days.
These 4 users liked this post: Loyalclaret GodIsADeeJay81 THEWELLERNUT70 Ashingtonclaret46

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 428 times
Has Liked: 364 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:42 am

Watched it on the American NBC link. They commended Burnley on the defensive performance and mentioned it was hypocrisy for teams/Zola to complain about time wasting.

I enjoyed it :D

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:49 am

kindonyes wrote:To be fair he has a point. I was obviously delighted with the point the Clarets needed but I was not proud of our performance. SD goes on about fairness and honesty but in the second half we milked every tackle,"injury", "cramp" to an embarrassing degree. I was just waiting for Barnes to be booked for play acting.

Watched it with a mate - a Leicesterl fan - and he asked me if we played like that most weeks and how anybody could enjoy watching it - he kept pointing out we had 11 players within 30 yards of the goal for literally 90% of the second half.

I know the end justifies the means but could we not have shown just a bit of adventure, a bit of football or a bit of attacking - we are staying in the Premier league again but I defy anyone to say they enjoy watching that stuff.
I enjoyed that performance.
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:53 am

kindonyes wrote:My earlier post was certainly not defending Luiz - can't stand the fop - but the radio has had a lot of callers questioning how Sean Dyche can talk about honesty and play acting in football and then send out a team with obvious instructions to "play" the way he did. There does seem a whiff of hypocrisy - apparently the second half had more "injury" time than any half this season !
What 5 minutes? Lots of callers - how many. You need to get out more mate.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:12 am

Just because he is Brazilian does he really have to wear his hair like a pile of discarded pubes ?

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:20 am

He’s right.

I understand the performance away at Chelsea. That’s fine by me. But last minute freekick in a dangerous position. Try win the match. It was there to be won. If we’re not trying to win then what it the point.

The funniest thing is we’re not definitely safe. And that’s how Sean Dyche works. He doesn’t usually celebrate unless something is definitely done.

Burnley 0 City 4/5
Everton 3/4 Burnley 0
Burnley 0 Arsenal 4/5

Those results ain’t exactly a long shot either
Last edited by Dyched on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 am

Dyched wrote:He’s right.

I understand the performance away at Chelsea. That’s fine by me. But last minute freekick in a dangerous position. Try win the match. It was there to be won. If we’re not trying to win then what it the point.

The funniest thing is we’re not defiantly safe. And that’s how Sean Dyche works. He doesn’t usually celebrate unless something is defiantly done.

Burnley 0 City 4/5
Everton 3/4 Burnley 0
Burnley 0 Arsenal 4/5

If we are defiant we won't have any issues.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:25 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:If we are defiant we won't have any issues.
:lol: bloody phone

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:26 am

The funniest thing is we’re not defiantly safe. And that’s how Sean Dyche works. He doesn’t usually celebrate unless something is defiantly done.

Burnley 0 City 4/5
Everton 3/4 Burnley 0
Burnley 0 Arsenal 4/5

Yes they are. At this time of the season even the top teams realise that a result is the only thing that matters. Do you think Guardiola is bothered about playing entertaining football against us as long as he gets a result. Likewise Everton & Arsenal who are trying to qualify for Europe.

If Man City get two goals in front on Sunday they will simply kill off the game to make sure of a result.
Last edited by Spijed on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:26 am

He needs to stick to his day job in The Simpsons
These 2 users liked this post: martin_p jtv

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 296 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:30 am

The funniest thing is we’re not definitely safe. And that’s how Sean Dyche works. He doesn’t usually celebrate unless something is definitely done.

Burnley 0 City 4/5
Everton 3/4 Burnley 0
Burnley 0 Arsenal 4/5

Yes but Cardiff/Brighton both have to get incredible results...

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:31 am

I don't know how anyone can critise our display last night. Yes if we could play sexy football we would, the reality is we can't do that. Every season gets harder due to the ridiculous amounts of money that clubs are prepared to pay, we can't do that so have to utilise what we have in the best way possible.Sometimes people need to get a grip of reality. If we can get a few upgrades next season then that may improve things but overall SD and his team should be congratulated on their achievements this season. Hopefully he'll take them all out on his £10.00 bonus. :lol:
This user liked this post: houseboy

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:36 am

Burnley 0 City 4/5
Everton 3/4 Burnley 0
Burnley 0 Arsenal 4/5

You would think differently if we have had immediately lost possession and Chelsea had have gone up the other end and scored the winner.
We need to learn to keep our heads in the last 5 minutes of a game like we did last night. Stats show we have thrown away to many points in the dying minutes and seconds this season.

4:20
Been Liked: 1061 times
Has Liked: 1177 times

Post by 4:20 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:39 am

PicsArt_04-23-09.32.36.jpg
PicsArt_04-23-09.32.36.jpg (255.42 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
This user liked this post: BFCmaj

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:39 am

FactualFrank wrote:Absolutely. We had a go at them at the start of the second half and fancied us to go 3-2 up. Like I say... give us the money they have and we'll be in the top 4.
TBH, Frank, if we had their money we'd probably be just like they are.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:51 am

Burnley 0 City 4/5
Everton 3/4 Burnley 0
Burnley 0 Arsenal 4/5

vinrogue
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:19 am

Cockwombles, how many teams have this season run the clock down against us, shed loads. How many anti football cheating dives, how many anti football faked injuries that result in no physio coming on but break up play, shed loads, how many keepers have not been able to pass it left or right from a goal kick and ended up taking forever to play it because we have shut them down with a press, shed loads. Anti football, get a grip, have a go at Zaha, Sterling, B Silva, talented anti football over paid cockwombles. UTC

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 am

Tall Paul wrote:Image

I never realised how much Captain Haddock looks like Captain Dallas from Alien. Huh.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:25 am

kindonyes wrote:To be fair he has a point. I was obviously delighted with the point the Clarets needed but I was not proud of our performance. SD goes on about fairness and honesty but in the second half we milked every tackle,"injury", "cramp" to an embarrassing degree. I was just waiting for Barnes to be booked for play acting.
Entirely agree with this. The cramp thing was embarrassing - either our players are not fit enough, the drinks they take aren't good enough, or, they're cheating. The latter I'm pretty sure.
Watched it with a mate - a Leicesterl fan - and he asked me if we played like that most weeks and how anybody could enjoy watching it - he kept pointing out we had 11 players within 30 yards of the goal for literally 90% of the second half.

I know the end justifies the means but could we not have shown just a bit of adventure, a bit of football or a bit of attacking - we are staying in the Premier league again but I defy anyone to say they enjoy watching that stuff.
I thought we attacked when we could - which wasn't too often I agree - and gave pretty much a defensive masterclass. When you look at how Hendrick or McNeil were both trying to get forward but also being right back helping the defence - I can enjoy that side of the game too. In the first half the ball was often cleared but found one of our men - there was a plan. In the second half, especially as the game wore on, we were not able to do that so well as we got a bit more desperate.

Unlike earlier in the season when I thought our play was often sloppy, last night there was a definite strategy and it was working. I felt surprisingly confident, after it was 2-2, that we would be OK. Being pinned back was only because of the quality of the opposition in comparison to us.

I enjoyed the game very much.
This user liked this post: kindonyes

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:31 am

Hipper wrote:Entirely agree with this. The cramp thing was embarrassing - either our players are not fit enough, the drinks they take aren't good enough, or, they're cheating. The latter I'm pretty sure
We’ve had years of teams doing it against us without a thing being done about it. Maybe we’ve decided that if you can’t beat them then the only way is to join them. About time!
This user liked this post: Bosscat

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 am

Edit - duplicate post

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 1219 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 am

Most of those players have played most of 48 games and then give that performance tonight, not surprising that they were going down with cramp really. Other clubs players don’t have to play as much due to the size of the squads.

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:40 am

It’s purely the refs fault for not adding the correct time when a player is injured and needs the physio. We must be a fair team because I can’t remember one of our players getting injured in the last few minutes when we were under the cosh at Old Trafford

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:42 am

A poll to fill in half way down the link https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48018227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not that it’s really necessary but well ... why not eh.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:42 am

Dy1geo wrote:It’s purely the refs fault for not adding the correct time when a player is injured and needs the physio. We must be a fair team because I can’t remember one of our players getting injured in the last few minutes when we were under the cosh at Old Trafford
To be fair he added six minutes on in a half were there were no goals and just one substitution. That’s five and a half minutes for stoppages, more than 10% of the half. That doesn’t seem unreasonable.
These 3 users liked this post: Steve1956 dsr Foulthrow

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:51 am

Chelsea wasted more time complaining about the timewasting than the timewasting itself.
These 2 users liked this post: LeadBelly BFCmaj

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 am

Yes- Chelsea wasted a fair bit of their own time down in the corner (near our fans) at the end- squabbling / being petulant etc.
The Luiz dive in the first half was the biggest piece of anti-football in the whole game.

I'm surprised that several people on these threads are agreeing with some of Chelsea's complaints and are embarrassed by our performance. All the Clarets around me on the ground enjoyed that performance immensely, nigh on 100% stayed behind to make their appreciation known.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8427 times
Has Liked: 18096 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:10 am

LeadBelly wrote:Yes- Chelsea wasted a fair bit of their own time down in the corner (near our fans) at the end- squabbling / being petulant etc.
The Luiz dive in the first half was the biggest piece of anti-football in the whole game.

I'm surprised that several people on these threads are agreeing with some of Chelsea's complaints and are embarrassed by our performance. All the Clarets around me on the ground enjoyed that performance immensely, nigh on 100% stayed behind to make their appreciation known.
Perhaps the "several people on these threads are agreeing with some of Chelsea's complaints and are embarrassed by our performance" aren't actually Burnley "Fans" LB m8

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:15 am

dsr wrote:Funny thing is, the Chelsea fans on Shed End really hate Ashley Barnes (partly because of when Mata got himself sent off after making that tackle that neraly injured himself). But they particularly hate a player who makes himself awkward, who puts himself about, who gets in the defenders' faces and minds, who wins free kicks, who generally is a pain in the backside for the opponents. But they love David Luiz. How strangely inconsistent. :lol:
And yet they liked the 'missing link' Costa.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:16 am

Bosscat wrote:Perhaps the "several people on these threads are agreeing with some of Chelsea's complaints and are embarrassed by our performance" aren't actually Burnley "Fans" LB m8
Or they are Snowflakes and there are plenty of them on these threads. Apologizing almost for being alive.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:33 am

So called "time wasting" has been a legitimate part of the game of football since the game was first introduced.

"Putting the ball into Row Z" and out of play to kill additional seconds is used by all clubs big and small. Often a defender is criticised by pundits for failing to put the ball out of play but for attempting to keep the ball in, especially if it leads to the opposition scoring a goal.

I recall Chelsea wasting a lot of time recently trying to substitute a goalkeeper. :lol:
Last edited by kentonclaret on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:37 am

FactualFrank wrote:I actually like it when players say this. It shouts out how good we actually are. This is no fluke - we should have really got all 3 points at Old Trafford and we beat Spurs. So don't let this annoy you - just smile, because it shows we're a very good side.

We finished 7th last season and the table for 2019 was we're 5th... that might have even improved now.

So if someone so unprofessional as Worzel Gummidge starts crying... feck him. We played well and deserved the point.
We have taken a point more than Chelsea in 2019 according to BBC website.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:48 am

You can't score two goals at Stamford Bridge and be anti-football.
These 2 users liked this post: cblantfanclub Bosscat

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:48 am

All that Luiz and Zola have done with their ultra whinging is make themselves look like total tos**ots in the eyes of the football world especially the other cockerknee fans. Well done Mr Dyche utc

Goalposts
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:50 am

Carragher summed it up best on sky sports..proper defending, organisation and worked harder for it than Chelsea. Burnley's style is a challenge for most clubs who play the tippy tappy stuff.. but it's up to teams to work out best how to beat them. Not complain when they dont.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:54 am

Burnley 0 City 4/5
Everton 3/4 Burnley 0
Burnley 0 Arsenal 4/5

And I thought I could be pessimistic. The cheating gooners are not gonna beat us by 4/5 goals at home. City may well beat us but I don't envisage another 5 goal defeat. Who knows about Everton but if we can get a draw at Chelsea I'm sure I feel confient at Goodison. Even if we lost all 3 with a 10 goal deficit average Cardiff still have to win all 3 of theirs by an 8 goal total (including a visit to United). Nobody in football is sayng that Burnley can still seriously be relegated, it would take (to quote the BBC) a 'seismic shift in goal difference' for us to go down now. I haven't checked but has a team ever (in ANY league) overcome a 17 goal disadvantage in 3 games? I would put money on it never happening.

claret wizard
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by claret wizard » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 am

Our performance reminded me of another game

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17817584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:10 am

Burnley 0 City 4/5
Everton 3/4 Burnley 0
Burnley 0 Arsenal 4/5

That’s the post of the year so far.
Congratulations - it’s gonna take some beating
This user liked this post: simonclaret

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:16 am

Burnley 0 City 4/5
Everton 3/4 Burnley 0
Burnley 0 Arsenal 4/5

OK but do you honestly think Cardiff will win all 3 games they have left .....

claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by claret59 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:16 am

Luiz should have been booked for his foul on Barnes. He obviously waited for his moment and then launched himself at the back of Barnes from behind with the benefit of a 'run up'' to add momentum to the challenge and with no intention to do other than to foul him. He could have seriously injured Barnes which resulted in a sanction of nothing more than a free kick.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:17 am

claret wizard wrote:Our performance reminded me of another game

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17817584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great post m8

WadingInDeeper
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by WadingInDeeper » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:34 am

It struck me as a classic top top of the table/bottom of the table, group of very good players against a well organised team, one side expecting to win against a team wanting to win, game.

I'd be more concerned about how an "anti-football" team scored two, and seeing what they could learn from it.

A plan B may have helped them.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:38 am

Bosscat wrote:OK but do you honestly think Cardiff will win all 3 games they have left .....
It’s isn’t a long shot to say going into the final weekend a win at Old Trafford for Cardiff plus us to lose vs Arsenal and a 3/4 goal swing will send us down.

Don’t get me wrong last nights points was superb. But Sean Dyche tells us time and time again it isn’t over until it’s mathematically over. It isn’t. His celebration and our freekick in the last 30 seconds were embarrassing.

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:39 am

Slowing the game down...... FFS this lot have some front, did their keeper not go down with cramp in the game against City at Wembley.

KEEPER..... CRAMP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: LeadBelly jtv

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:40 am

3-4 goal swing?

They won't score enough goals to rein us in and we won't concede enough to worry about them.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:46 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:3-4 goal swing?

They won't score enough goals to rein us in and we won't concede enough to worry about them.
We’ve conceded 13 against the 3 we have to play already this season :roll:

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:50 am

Dyched wrote:We’ve conceded 13 against the 3 we have to play already this season :roll:
Cardiff don't have enough goals in them to do it.

I know you're fully expecting us to go down, possibly wanting it, but it ain't happening.
We simply won't concede enough, our current form would suggest that too.