Tickets falling into the wrong hands

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
italianclaret88
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Re: Tickets falling into the wrong hands

Post by italianclaret88 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:21 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:As if people are bothered about this!?

I know loads of people who have done this and are now as claret and blue as us. Italianclaret88 - came to watch us at Brentford a few years ago. Now as big a claret as any of us and has probably been more games than many on here (and we usually win!!!)

If you want a ticket that much you will get it.
True story...4 years ago I start to watch burnley live in away and turf, when I get a free weekend I come to follow the clarets as cfs said..and I think about the Genoa family at Stamford is a good thing if they make no problem....I know many peoples in burnley I usually drink at talbot, and peoples make me feel like home...and remember if ITALIAN CLARET is on the game...the victory is easy....
These 5 users liked this post: longside72 Goddy cricketfieldclarets Lisbonclaret Aclaret

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm

italianclaret88 wrote:True story...4 years ago I start to watch burnley live in away and turf, when I get a free weekend I come to follow the clarets as cfs said..and I think about the Genoa family at Stamford is a good thing if they make no problem....I know many peoples in burnley I usually drink at talbot, and peoples make me feel like home...and remember if ITALIAN CLARET is on the game...the victory is easy....
Shadaap a ya face Luigi!
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Leisure wrote:At Arsenal a couple of years ago we met a Spanish lad in the pub there. He was on holiday with his wife in London and had bought a ticket online as he always wanted to see a PL game. He was given a Burnley shirt and scarf by our group which he then proudly wore in the home section. Since then he's kept in touch and become a follower of the Clarets. He brought his wife over a couple of weeks ago to attend a home game and stay for a few days in Burnley.
He didn't by any chance happen to look a bit like Chris Kamara?

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:03 pm

IanMcL wrote:I don't think there is any accusation that the tickets were sold, by the club, in an illegitimate way. I am sure they were all snapped up by Clarets. However, if away tickets could be purchased, from a ticket agency, like theatre tickets, then Clarets sold them on.

Behind me were folk speaking a foreign language and it wasn't Yorkshire!
Lots of young Japanese wearing Burnley Colours today at turf moor great to see their smiling faces on the Brunshaw rd....great stuff !

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3189 times
Has Liked: 1870 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:15 pm

tim_noone wrote:Lots of young Japanese wearing Burnley Colours today at turf moor great to see their smiling faces on the Brunshaw rd....great stuff !
Not just Japanese. There were lots of “odd” accents walking around (and I don’t mean the mancs :lol:) with bags from the club shop

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:30 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:Not just Japanese. There were lots of “odd” accents walking around (and I don’t mean the mancs :lol:) with bags from the club shop
"The Price is Right"

simonclaret
Been Liked: 265 times
Has Liked: 3610 times

Post by simonclaret » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:Not just Japanese. There were lots of “odd” accents walking around (and I don’t mean the mancs :lol:) with bags from the club shop
There was a group visiting from the private school Repton Dubai which might explain it.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:39 pm

simonclaret wrote:There was a group visiting from the private school Repton Dubai which might explain it.
They looked Minted...and very stylish. Sometimes you can smell the money :D

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:45 pm

They were also welcomed on the score board

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3189 times
Has Liked: 1870 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:29 pm

simonclaret wrote:There was a group visiting from the private school Repton Dubai which might explain it.
Yeah I saw them kids getting off the coach.

It wasn’t them I was referring to though but small groups of adults

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun May 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:Perhaps..as odd as we think it is at the moment..foreign fans are starting to support us? Easier to see us in London with it being a touristy place. Of course the odds are they are just random people catching a game but if it helps us gain a following oversees it can't be bad. It does make you wonder how they have come by their tickets though.

On many occasions wandering down Harry Potts Way i have heard foreign voices around mme. A guy from the US stopped me earlier in the season in the town centre asking the way to the ground. Russians, scandinavians, Yorkshire..heard it all. All comes with being in the Prem.
Father and son/grandson in the JML Lower Today from Thailand....that's a Long journey to Turf moor.plus a good few more from sunnier climes..

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8535 times
Has Liked: 18273 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun May 12, 2019 9:51 pm

tim_noone wrote:Father and son/grandson in the JML Lower Today from Thailand....that's a Long journey to Turf moor.plus a good few more from sunnier climes..
There have been a lot from Thailand this season... you don't think there is a Thai Billionaire thinking of investing do you................ :o

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6386 times
Has Liked: 8733 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 am

Must be us on the world telly that's done it!
All those successful bets made by our sponsors customers, pay for the trip?

Boll ewood
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by Boll ewood » Mon May 13, 2019 11:22 am

Burnley fans at Chelsea. The two men bottom left of the picture sure look like there tourists in the Burnley end.
IMG_2275.PNG
IMG_2275.PNG (584.84 KiB) Viewed 1264 times

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon May 13, 2019 8:41 pm

Bet they enjoyed it to....I asked the Thai chaps yesterday who they supported and the said Manchester utd...!!! Id rather see these guys in the Burnley sections more than the P!ss Heads tbh!