Police Brutality

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Police Brutality

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:27 pm

What do you reckon will happen to this guy? https://youtu.be/ZIOCiT9v9Dk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thankfully in the UK we have (at least I think we do) pretty decent levels of accountability for coppers who are ***** like this. So hopefully he gets a little more than just being put on desk duty for a while like they do over the pond if they kill someone because they were black and it scared them.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Re: Police Brutality

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:34 pm

One mans 'Police Brutality' is another mans 'Didn't hit the bugger hard enough'.
These 2 users liked this post: Beaconsfield Claret DomBFC1882

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:One mans 'Police Brutality' is another mans 'Didn't hit the bugger hard enough'.

True. Liberal and Fascist do have contrasting meanings.

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Have you ever sat on a jury IT ?

If so, did you wait for the full facts or make your mind up before the trial started ? Just asking like.
These 2 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 Foshiznik

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:39 pm

HatfieldClaret wrote:Have you ever sat on a jury IT ?

If so, did you wait for the full facts or make your mind up before the trial started ? Just asking like.
Are you implying that i made my mind up about the contents of this video before watching it?

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Facts and proof are alien cocepts to this rught on twerp.

bob-the-scutter
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by bob-the-scutter » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 pm

Well......a lot of folks now know what he looks like.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 pm

The Met aren't institutionally Racist Everyone knows that....so that Cops gonna be ok just another cheeky kid getting a slap...

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 pm

He needs charging with assault and punishing appropriately, pension stripped away etc.
It won't happen though.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm afraid this is yet another example of trial and judgement by social media. Why was the Policeman arresting the guy, what had happened prior to the arrest and the brief clip we saw. Had he resisted arrest or refused to do as the Policeman said. so many unanswered questions......

Anyone and I mean anyone who makes a judgement based on that brief clip is a fool. Sorry to be blunt IT but sometimes you need to take a moment out for reflection.
These 5 users liked this post: bobinho Beaconsfield Claret deanothedino Foshiznik Bullabill

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:45 pm

I think you have to have a clean criminal record to sit on a jury Hatfield ..
This user liked this post: HatfieldClaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:46 pm

Stayingup wrote:Facts and proof are alien concepts to this right-on twerp.

This is ironic, because you couldn't be more wrong.

Also, i corrected the spelling errors you were too lazy to correct, because they bothered me.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1746 times
Has Liked: 344 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Not under any circumstance, ever trust the police. I've met coppers laughing how they have stitched people up and then when you say 'that sounds a bit ropey'... they get aggressive and replay - "you don't know what we have to deal with everyday".

So that makes it alright then.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Corky wrote:I'm afraid this is yet another example of trial and judgement by social media. Why was the Policeman arresting the guy, what had happened prior to the arrest and the brief clip we saw. Had he resisted arrest or refused to do as the Policeman said. so many unanswered questions......

Anyone and I mean anyone who makes a judgement based on that brief clip is a fool. Sorry to be blunt IT but sometimes you need to take a moment out for reflection.

You think I haven't tried to imagine a scenario where a police officer is repeatedly beating a handcuffed, non-violent civilian? He wasn't even being arrested for a violent crime. He has some weed on him.

https://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/ ... -1-6010771" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:22 pm

Now this isn't police brutality but i just want to know from the opinion police if it's OK for me to think that whomever did this should be locked up?
I actually know even less about this incident than i do about this copper beating up this kid in handcuffs. And yet i have already formed an opinion.

Is that OK? Now i'm not saying that it is my final opinion. I'm not saying that if it turns out this woman was pulling his hair and kicking his shins then i won't change my mind, clearly I will. But based on the information i have, and a bit of imagination (ie. i imagine she wasn't deserving of this violence), i've reached the opinion that this guy is a **** and should be locked up for a bit.

Is that OK?

https://twitter.com/BBCEssex/status/1121333441235234816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:26 pm

https://twitter.com/thejeremyvine/statu ... 24961?s=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Tall Paul

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You think I haven't tried to imagine a scenario where a police officer is repeatedly beating a handcuffed, non-violent civilian? He wasn't even being arrested for a violent crime. He has some weed on him.

https://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/ ... -1-6010771" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He was arrested for a violent crime, he was arrested for assaulting a police officer!

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:30 pm

She looks a wrong un!

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:True. Liberal and Fascist do have contrasting meanings.
Robespierre was a pacifist liberal who didn’t believe in the death penalty... one of the most despised men in French history. Killed 40k in six months because they rejected his liberalism

Sounds like a lot of “liberals” on this board. Only liberal while you agree with them

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 pm

MRG wrote:He was arrested for a violent crime, he was arrested for assaulting a police officer!
That was a little bit my fault. I was just curious who would be the first to judge the arrest by the headline of the news article.

Someone else was arrested elsewhere for assaulting a police officer. Not this kid. The other kid was with this kid and had fled before being picked up later.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:37 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Robespierre was a pacifist liberal who didn’t believe in the death penalty... one of the most despised men in French history. Killed 40k in six months because they rejected his liberalism

Sounds like a lot of “liberals” on this board. Only liberal while you agree with them
Well, ok. I looked him up and neither pacifist or liberal appears at all on his fairly long Wikipedia page. So can you provide a source for me?

And it better be a good source, because "pacifist liberal" and "killed 40k people in six months because they rejected [anything]" makes me think that perhaps either you or your source don't know what either a pacifist or a liberal is.

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1473 times
Has Liked: 633 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:41 pm

It's true the 17 year old was arrested for drug possession and obstruction. Don't sound like the kind of things you'd get a beating for.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1473 times
Has Liked: 633 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:45 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Well, ok. I looked him up and neither pacifist or liberal appears at all on his fairly long Wikipedia page. So can you provide a source for me?

And it better be a good source, because "pacifist liberal" and "killed 40k people in six months because they rejected [anything]" makes me think that perhaps either you or your source don't know what either a pacifist or a liberal is.
I think the great Liberal from that period was Thomas Paine who was almost executed by Robespierre's lot.

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:02 pm

I find it comical and pretty awful that the police demand that they get instant respect from the public just for wearing a uniform. They need to understand that respect is earned, and after incidents such as police brutality and bribery etc. not to mention Hillsborough and plenty more cover ups, many we probably are blissfully unaware of still, they have a long way to go to earn that respect.
I never fully trust any police officer, the majority are probably decent but after their recent history I just find it impossible to trust them personally, and it only takes one ****.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:10 pm

thelaughingclaret wrote:I never fully trust any police officer, the majority are probably decent
My brother-in-law is a police officer (sergeant) and someone who I respect a hell of a lot is recently retired (Inspector) - one of the nicest chaps you'll ever meet and trust. Police Offers are like football fans - some of them are bloody awful - others are brilliant people. You can't tar them all with the same brush.
This user liked this post: Pimlico_Claret

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:31 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Well, ok. I looked him up and neither pacifist or liberal appears at all on his fairly long Wikipedia page. So can you provide a source for me?

Not Wikipedia lol.

Any decent academic source book. Look up the “terror”. He also wrote “Liberty, Eternity, Fraternity” he was very much a “liberal”

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:35 pm

How can an expert on everything never have heard of Robespierre ?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:43 pm

As for the attempt at insulting my knowledge

Haha ok. My BA History lecturer is heading up the politics degree dept at Runshaw next year and regularly contributes to the USA press when they need a European expert. But we never talk politics.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04 pm

elwaclaret wrote:As for the attempt at insulting my knowledge

Haha ok. My BA History lecturer is heading up the politics degree dept at Runshaw next year and regularly contributes to the USA press when they need a European expert. But we never talk politics.
When I read this I was expecting Runshaw to be a lot more impressive than it turns out to be. (Although I did discover that David Unsworth is an alumni.)

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:This is ironic, because you couldn't be more wrong.

Also, i corrected the spelling errors you were too lazy to correct, because they bothered me.
I*

It didn't bother me.
Last edited by thatdberight on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 pm

elwaclaret wrote:As for the attempt at insulting my knowledge

No way not Runshaw!! Stop showing off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKuHYO9TM5A

ClaretFelix
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 123 times

Post by ClaretFelix » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:41 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:He needs charging with assault and punishing appropriately, pension stripped away etc.
It won't happen though.
Or perhaps let the investigation run its course and see what happens.
Lots of people complaining on this chaps behalf, while the Met confirmed earlier they hadn't received an official complaint from him. (This may have changed since I read the article)

Maybe, just maybe, YouTube and other media outlets don't have access to the full facts, and/or video evidence relating to this arrest, and have published such so to sensationalise the story and sell papers.
It's not like this hasn't happened before, where on compiling the full facts, all officers have been completely exonerated from similar incidents

And for my two penne'th, the lad looks to be pulling away despite being in handcuffs. And class B is not necessarily just "weed"
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:47 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:What do you reckon will happen to this guy? https://youtu.be/ZIOCiT9v9Dk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thankfully in the UK we have (at least I think we do) pretty decent levels of accountability for coppers who are ***** like this. So hopefully he gets a little more than just being put on desk duty for a while like they do over the pond if they kill someone because they were black and it scared them.
Assuming this incident is as straightforward as it appears to be on the 7 second clip, is the law against the police beating up citizens one of the ones that should be adhered to, or is that another of the ones you think should be broken? I'm not sure which way you're going with this one.

Goalposts
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:59 pm

Its just Turtle being Turtle...no other explanation for the post is needed

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:10 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:What do you reckon will happen to this guy? https://youtu.be/ZIOCiT9v9Dk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You really are a race baiting low life...

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:59 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:He needs charging with assault and punishing appropriately, pension stripped away etc.
It won't happen though.
Around 12 years ago, I was policing a demonstration, with activists looking to wilfully obstruct the highway. An elderly lady in a wheelchair was positioned quite close to me, and without warning, tipped herself out onto the road. It was only later that I was told who she was, and that this was a regular tactic of hers.

Of course, my immediate reaction was to run over and grab her and pull her away from danger. She knew I would do this, and when I started to pull her to safety, she repeatedly shouted ‘Police Brutality’ at the top of her voice, making a scene.

A photographer from a local newspaper was nearby, and snapped some pictures that were on the front page a few days later. And there I was, in all my glory, dragging an elderly woman in the road. Looking at the picture in that singular moment, yeah, it looked bad, but of course, it didn’t tell the full story.

It’s very easy to judge without knowing the full circumstances. Any use of force by an officer has to be fully justified. If it can’t be, then you’re in trouble.

I fully appreciate that people have had bad experiences with the Police. I personally think the way Lancs Police treat Burnley fans, and how football fans in general are treated is an absolute disgrace. Yes, there are bad apples within the Police, it’s like any job, but I can safely say that 99% of the Officers I have worked with have been nothing but selfless, hardworking, and won’t think twice about putting themselves in harms way for a complete stranger.
Last edited by TsarBomba on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 7 users liked this post: ClaretFelix Pimlico_Claret Corky morpheus2 Bin Ont Turf Damo PaintYorkClaretnBlue

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:01 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:No way not Runshaw!! Stop showing off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKuHYO9TM5A
Being as there is only you saying I was showing off, ok. Others i’m Guessing accept it as just what it is statement of fact...but there you go your interpretation.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:05 pm

TsarBomba wrote:Around 12 years ago, I was policing a demonstration, with activists looking to wilfully obstruct the highway. An elderly lady in a wheelchair was positioned quite close to me, and without warning, tipped herself out onto the road. It was only later that I was told who she was, and that this was a regular tactic of hers.

Of course, my immediate reaction was to run over and grab her and pull her away from danger. She knew I would do this, and when I started to pull her to safety, she repeatedly shouted ‘Police Brutality’ at the top of her voice, making a scene.

A photographer from a local newspaper was nearby, and snapped some pictures that were on the front page a few days later. And there I was, in all my glory, dragging an elderly woman in the road. Looking at the picture in that singular moment, yeah, it looked bad, but of course, it didn’t tell the full story.

It’s very easy to judge without knowing the full circumstances. Any use of force by an officer has to be fully justified. If it can’t be, then you’re in trouble.

I fully appreciate that people have had bad experiences with the Police. I personally think the way Lancs Police treat Burnley fans, and how football fans in general are treated is an absolute disgrace. Yes, there are bad apples within the Police, it’s like any job, but I can safely say that 99% of the Officers I have worked with have been nothing but selfless, hardworking, and won’t think twice about putting themselves in harms danger for a complete stranger.
100% correct

morpheus2
Been Liked: 750 times
Has Liked: 1827 times

Post by morpheus2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:04 pm

Bloody hell! Wonder what he did to deserve that! :o

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:12 pm

Grumps wrote:100% correct
99%

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:22 pm

I wonder would Imploding Turtle like to comment on what TsarBomba has posted. Or is he like those people who some years ago decided they would vandalise the house of a paediatrician. Well close enough isn't it paediatrician, paedophile, easy mistake to make especially if you are a bit simple.

Also somewhat more recently I got a post shared to me on Facebook showing the picture of a man in a pub garden who it was alleged had assaulted someones child. Usual thing, does anyone know who he is etc. And, clearly without any supporting corroboration this man was assumed guilty by a whole host of people with the usual inane comments being made. Turns out that all he had done was pull this child off his own child because he had his hands round his own childs throat.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:37 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
I fully appreciate that people have had bad experiences with the Police. I personally think the way Lancs Police treat Burnley fans, and how football fans in general are treated is an absolute disgrace.
Fair play for posting this in your post.

I've been saying it for years, but it's not quite as bad these days.

During a certain period, It wasn't just Lancs police that treated Burnley fans so badly.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:58 pm

Corky wrote:I wonder would Imploding Turtle like to comment on what TsarBomba has posted
Turtle was the woman in the wheelchair
This user liked this post: Corky

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:39 am

randomclaret2 wrote:How can an expert on everything never have heard of Robespierre ?
Remember that the next time you accuse me of being an expert on everything. And i use "accuse" correctly, because being an expert on something is a bad thing. I learned that 3 years ago from your lot.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:53 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:You really are a race baiting low life...
What has race got to do with anything i've posted in this thread?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:09 am

Corky wrote:I wonder would Imploding Turtle like to comment on what TsarBomba has posted. Or is he like those people who some years ago decided they would vandalise the house of a paediatrician. Well close enough isn't it paediatrician, paedophile, easy mistake to make especially if you are a bit simple.

I think TsarBomba's smart enough to know or imagine what i think. But maybe not you so i suppose i'll have to number the dots.

In my opening post i mentioned that we have much better accountability for police than certain other countries. The IOPC would have investigated the circumstances of the photo and, assuming TsarBomba isn't embellishing anything, would likely have quickly reached the conclusion implied in his post.

If there was just a photograph of this copper hitting this kid the same way there was just a photo of TsarBomba do you imagine in your dumbest dreams that i would assume that the photo tells the whole story? I'm tempted to think you will reply "yes" just to be a ****, so let me be clear. Of. *******. Course. Not.

I didn't even judge this video on it's own, although i could have quite reasonably because i still can't imagine a reason why a police officer would be justified in beating this kid with his baton.

Here is video evidence of police brutality against a defenceless kid. The video show's the kid isn't being violent, and his arrest shows he wasn't arrested for anything violent. So what possible justification can there be for this police officer violently attacking him while handcuffed?

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 1219 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:20 am

thelaughingclaret wrote:I find it comical and pretty awful that the police demand that they get instant respect from the public just for wearing a uniform. They need to understand that respect is earned, and after incidents such as police brutality and bribery etc. not to mention Hillsborough and plenty more cover ups, many we probably are blissfully unaware of still, they have a long way to go to earn that respect.
I never fully trust any police officer, the majority are probably decent but after their recent history I just find it impossible to trust them personally, and it only takes one ****.
Hillsborough, recent history??? How many cops do you think are still in the job who were in it at that time?? How long are today’s cops going to be tarred with the same brush as some of their predecessors?

Policing was dodgy at times but since the 90s the “stitch ups” have, in the main, disappeared. I’m not saying you’ll never get one but they are very few and far between imo.
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 am

Police brutality was sadly lacking at the climate change demo , I’ve never witnessed such mealy mouthed softly softly policing in my life . To think what most countries would have done if their capitals and main buildings were under threat from this rabble .

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 am

AlargeClaret wrote:Police brutality was sadly lacking at the climate change demo , I’ve never witnessed such mealy mouthed softly softly policing in my life . To think what most countries would have done if their capitals and main buildings were under threat from this rabble .
I know you're not joking but i found your post funny nonetheless.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:21 am

Someone admits to joining a terrorist organisation and turtle demands she faces a trial to see if she’s guilty

Turtle sees a small snip of an arrest and decides the copper is 100% guilty while not knowing the full story or any facts

Not a hypocrite though
This user liked this post: PaintYorkClaretnBlue