Police Brutality

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Re: Police Brutality

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:34 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Someone admits to joining a terrorist organisation and turtle demands she faces a trial to see if she’s guilty

Turtle sees a small snip of an arrest and decides the copper is 100% guilty while not knowing the full story or any facts

Not a hypocrite though

What makes you think i don't think both are 100% guilty? What makes you think i don't think both deserve a trial before the state punishes them?
Let's assume I think both are guilty and both deserve a trial, because, you know, i do and i do, then how does that make me a hypocrite?

I accept your upcoming apology for incorrectly implying that i'm a hypocrite.

Edit: Wait, did you just judge me with less than all the facts after criticising me for doing the same? *gasp*

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4186 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:47 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:What makes you think i don't think both are 100% guilty? What makes you think i don't think both deserve a trial before the state punishes them?
Let's assume I think both are guilty and both deserve a trial, because, you know, i do and i do, then how does that make me a hypocrite?

I accept your upcoming apology for incorrectly implying that i'm a hypocrite.

Edit: Wait, did you just judge me with less than all the facts after criticising me for doing the same? *gasp*

You are doing it again turtle, trying to hard to be clever (ask yourself why you have to try so hard) as for judging you there are over 17000 bits of evidence to reach a verdict that you are a hypocrite.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:You are doing it again turtle, trying to hard to be clever (ask yourself why you have to try so hard) as for judging you there are over 17000 bits of evidence to reach a verdict that you are a hypocrite.
And out of those 17,000 pieces of evidence you can't find one example of hypocrisy. So you're literally accusing me of something you can't find evidence of.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:50 am

FactualFrank wrote:My brother-in-law is a police officer (sergeant) and someone who I respect a hell of a lot is recently retired (Inspector) - one of the nicest chaps you'll ever meet and trust. Police Offers are like football fans - some of them are bloody awful - others are brilliant people. You can't tar them all with the same brush.
There's good and bad like every walk of life.

The former ground safety officer was an ex-cop and he was a... and full of himself. But plenty of others are decent people trying to do a hard job.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:43 pm

Turtle, like the rest of us, has no idea what went on in the seconds or minutes before that clip yet he describes it as beating a defenceless child. Either naive or has an agenda.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Hardly a beating

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:08 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:Turtle, like the rest of us, has no idea what went on in the seconds or minutes before that clip yet he describes it as beating a defenceless child. Either naive or has an agenda.
What could he possibly have done in the minutes before that clip that means he deserved to first be handcuffed, and then beaten with a baton while neither being aggressive or violent himself?

PaintYorkClaretnBlue

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Naive then, ok.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:33 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:Naive then, ok.
That's right mate. You just fall in line. If they're beating you even when you're handcuffed and clearly not being violent then you must have deserved it for some other reason.

People like you are so ****** up in your extreme deference to authority.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:04 pm

He struck him once with his asp when he was trying to pull away from him. Who said anything about deserving it for any other reason? Maybe, just maybe he had been violently struggling with him prior to the video. He wasn’t totally compliant when the video was recording and was pulling away from the cop. Maybe the cop was on his own and there were others around with the potential to join in? Maybe there is intel on him in relation to violence and/or weapons. Who knows? You and I certainly don’t yet you’re quick to pronounce the cop guilty of beating a “child” when you don’t possess the full facts. You can’t use a ten second clip as damning evidence of a cop issuing “a beating”.
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:43 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:He struck him once with his asp when he was trying to pull away from him. Who said anything about deserving it for any other reason? Maybe, just maybe he had been violently struggling with him prior to the video. He wasn’t totally compliant when the video was recording and was pulling away from the cop. Maybe the cop was on his own and there were others around with the potential to join in? Maybe there is intel on him in relation to violence and/or weapons. Who knows? You and I certainly don’t yet you’re quick to pronounce the cop guilty of beating a “child” when you don’t possess the full facts. You can’t use a ten second clip as damning evidence of a cop issuing “a beating”.
Yep. Based on the information I have i'm happy to form an opinion. You think the kid is pulling away, i think the kid who is being hit in the legs by the cop is trying to keep his legs away from the cop. You think that maybe there were others nearby who could join in and maybe that's why the cop was hitting him. Seriously, that's the dumbest suggestion so far on this thread.

Intel on him in relation to violence/weapons? He's already ******* handcuffed. if he was going to be violent, or reach for a weapon it'd be before he was cuffed. WTF kind of logic are you using?

I don't pronounce people guilty, i share my opinion on their guilt. As do you. Of course I don't have the full facts. I think anyone with half a ******* brain can figure out for themselves that while I've expressed an opinion already, if facts that are contrary to my opinion emerge then my opinion will change.

When i feel like i have enough information to form an opinion then i will form an opinion. If you have a problem with that then that's fine too. But while you're whining like a bitch just remember that opinions can change.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:15 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Yep. Based on the information I have i'm happy to form an opinion. You think the kid is pulling away, i think the kid who is being hit in the legs by the cop is trying to keep his legs away from the cop. You think that maybe there were others nearby who could join in and maybe that's why the cop was hitting him. Seriously, that's the dumbest suggestion so far on this thread.

Intel on him in relation to violence/weapons? He's already ******* handcuffed. if he was going to be violent, or reach for a weapon it'd be before he was cuffed. WTF kind of logic are you using?

I don't pronounce people guilty, i share my opinion on their guilt. As do you. Of course I don't have the full facts. I think anyone with half a ******* brain can figure out for themselves that while I've expressed an opinion already, if facts that are contrary to my opinion emerge then my opinion will change.

When i feel like i have enough information to form an opinion then i will form an opinion. If you have a problem with that then that's fine too. But while you're whining like a bitch just remember that opinions can change.
So the only reason that he is pulling away is because the cop was hitting him on the legs? Maybe he was trying to get away? It has been known for people to struggle free and leg it even with cuffs on you know. Is it impossible to reach into your pocket with handcuffs on and pull out a weapon?

I don’t know why I even bothered to discuss this with you, you’re like my teenage daughter, always right (in your own mind).

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:21 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:So the only reason that he is pulling away is because the cop was hitting him on the legs? Maybe he was trying to get away? It has been known for people to struggle free and leg it even with cuffs on you know. Is it impossible to reach into your pocket with handcuffs on and pull out a weapon?

I don’t know why I even bothered to discuss this with you, you’re like my teenage daughter, always right (in your own mind).

I'm not claiming to be right. I'm just saying that my opinion is that the cop was beating him for no good reason. He's got a hold of him by the handcuffs. Do you have any idea how easy it is to cause a lot of pain by grabbing someone by the handcuffs they're wearing? (the solid ones, not the flimsy ones your missus uses on you) That kid was going ******* nowhere unless the cop let him.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:37 pm

deanothedino wrote:There's good and bad like every walk of life.

The former ground safety officer was an ex-cop and he was a... and full of himself. But plenty of others are decent people trying to do a hard job.
He wasn't a bad cop though, so what's your point?

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Grumps wrote:He wasn't a bad cop though, so what's your point?
I don't think being a nasty person makes you a good cop. Fair play if you do.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:18 pm

deanothedino wrote:I don't think being a nasty person makes you a good cop. Fair play if you do.

That's an impressively dumb response. Just because he's a **** doesn't make him a bad cop, which is the important fact to remember.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:20 pm

deanothedino wrote:I don't think being a nasty person makes you a good cop. Fair play if you do.
This thread is about police brutality, and corruption. You might not like how Mr Wood went about his job at BFC, or his personality, but he was not guilty of the things being discussed on the thread whilst employed by Lancashire constabulary. You can be a nasty person in the eyes of some, and still be good at your job.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:08 pm

Police code zero could be interesting on channel 5 at 10pm

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:52 pm

Some awful smug behaviour by the police.

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 pm

tim_noone wrote:Police code zero could be interesting on channel 5 at 10pm
Absolutely disgraceful attacks on the police officers and some pathetic sentences.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:09 pm

taio wrote:Absolutely disgraceful attacks on the police officers and some pathetic sentences.
how can they sleep at night.. :roll:

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:13 pm

tim_noone wrote:how can they sleep at night.. :roll:
Quite easily I guess...because they are complete s cum.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:20 pm

I meant the police...

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:26 pm

You only have to watch Line of Duty to see how many bent coppers there are.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:20 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:What could he possibly have done in the minutes before that clip that means he deserved to first be handcuffed, and then beaten with a baton while neither being aggressive or violent himself?
He walked into that gated community knowing the concequences . He should have forgot about getting his ball back.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:33 am

Rileybobs wrote:You only have to watch Line of Duty to see how many bent coppers there are.
You do realise its pretend, don't you?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:42 am

Grumps wrote:You do realise its pretend, don't you?
Wait, what?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:01 am

Grumps wrote:You do realise its pretend, don't you?
I don't care whether it's pretend or not. I'm only interested in one thing fella, and that's catching bent coppers.
These 2 users liked this post: Imploding Turtle thatdberight

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:33 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:That's an impressively dumb response. Just because he's a **** doesn't make him a bad cop, which is the important fact to remember.
Being a bad cop doesn't only mean being corrupt.
Grumps wrote: This thread is about police brutality, and corruption. You might not like how Mr Wood went about his job at BFC, or his personality, but he was not guilty of the things being discussed on the thread whilst employed by Lancashire constabulary. You can be a nasty person in the eyes of some, and still be good at your job.
I don't think you can be a nasty person and be good at being a cop. You are free to hold a different opinon.

FYI, I haven't said anywhere that he is guilt of brutality or corruption and the post I quoted was generalising good and bad, there's more ways to be a bad cop than just being corrupt. I know plenty of cops, and all of them are lovely people and doing the job for the right reasons.