Burnley deciding the title

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Burnley deciding the title

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Unlikely we would win the league in the modern era. And remarkable how many (armchair) fans say we dont deserve to be here. Especially on bbc etc. But we continue to have a huge impact on the league.

Tomorrow gives us a chance to beat the reigning champions once again. Something we have achieved every season. How any burnley fans can get bored of the premier league is beyond me. We play a significant part in it.

The season we beat the champions almost always has a big effect.

2009/10 we beat united and they missed out on the title by a point. When we beat and drew with Chelsea they missed out on the champions league by 5 points - the number they dropped against us.

Leicester and Man City when we beat them didnt have the same impact but still big wins for us.

Amazing the impact we have had in our five seasons. And how it all rides on Burnley to dictate the title tomorrow.

As much as I dont want Liverpool to win it, if they do and we win tomorrow we will go down in history as influencing liverpools first ever premier league title. And that is some exposure! Especially after we twice led against them and they overcame us.

While not much to play for for us now we can still have a massive input in the end of the season.

A dissapointing season for us in the grand scheme of things. But we have still affected the champions league with big results v chelsea, spurs and united. With City and Arsenal to come.

Long may it continue.

Think tomorrow could be special.
These 3 users liked this post: Royboyclaret DomBFC1882 Cirrus_Minor

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4842 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Re: Burnley deciding the title

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Good post.

One thing I thought we’d possibly see, when I first saw the fixtures, was Man City winning the league at Turf Moor. Not to be...

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:19 pm

1) We wont win
2) City will win the league

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:19 pm

jdrobbo wrote:Good post.

One thing I thought we’d possibly see, when I first saw the fixtures, was Man City losing the league at Turf Moor. Could be...
Think you are right!

davemanu2000
Been Liked: 1145 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by davemanu2000 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:50 pm

i onder why some fans do not believe that Burnley has become the title decider .the ball may be more in our camp but with iron determination we shall fight for a victory or a draw ,

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:14 pm

davemanu2000 wrote:i onder why some fans do not believe that Burnley has become the title decider .the ball may be more in our camp but with iron determination we shall fight for a victory or a draw ,
We shall

However the best team in the UK and potentially in europe who NEED to win will find a way to win. There too good

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:20 pm

We could be the deciding factor if Arsenal qualify for the Champions League also...hopefully we beat em!

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:12 pm

tim_noone wrote:We could be the deciding factor if Arsenal qualify for the Champions League also...hopefully we beat em!
Its about time

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11052 times
Has Liked: 5659 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:24 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:A dissapointing season for us in the grand scheme of things
are you kidding ? Since Everton it's been extraordinary, more impressive than last season given the predicament we found ourselves in. Any season we find ourselves remaining in the PL is way above "the grand scheme of things" in my eyes.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:31 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Unlikely we would win the league in the modern era. And remarkable how many (armchair) fans say we dont deserve to be here. Especially on bbc etc. But we continue to have a huge impact on the league.

Tomorrow gives us a chance to beat the reigning champions once again. Something we have achieved every season. How any burnley fans can get bored of the premier league is beyond me. We play a significant part in it.

The season we beat the champions almost always has a big effect.

2009/10 we beat united and they missed out on the title by a point. When we beat and drew with Chelsea they missed out on the champions league by 5 points - the number they dropped against us.

Leicester and Man City when we beat them didnt have the same impact but still big wins for us.

Amazing the impact we have had in our five seasons. And how it all rides on Burnley to dictate the title tomorrow.

As much as I dont want Liverpool to win it, if they do and we win tomorrow we will go down in history as influencing liverpools first ever premier league title. And that is some exposure! Especially after we twice led against them and they overcame us.

While not much to play for for us now we can still have a massive input in the end of the season.

A dissapointing season for us in the grand scheme of things. But we have still affected the champions league with big results v chelsea, spurs and united. With City and Arsenal to come.

Long may it continue.

Think tomorrow could be special.
These people who say we dont deserve to be in the Premier league have no basis for saying it other than we are a small club. They should stop to think what an achievement it is for such a small town club. But they have no idea these so ial nedi commentstors. I know some who post and they have never neen to a live mat h or played themselves. Plonkers.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:43 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:are you kidding ? Since Everton it's been extraordinary, more impressive than last season given the predicament we found ourselves in. Any season we find ourselves remaining in the PL is way above "the grand scheme of things" in my eyes.
After finishing 7th and getting in Europe. Cant help but think what might have been.

The second half of the season has been incredible. The first half abysmal and beyond disappointing. Had the season been reversed we would be far from happy now.

Hopefuly June to December is a lesson for next season.

January onwards has been incredible.
These 2 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 exilecanada

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11052 times
Has Liked: 5659 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:46 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:After finishing 7th and getting in Europe. Cant help but think what might have been.

The second half of the season has been incredible. The first half abysmal and beyond disappointing. Had the season been reversed we would be far from happy now.

Hopefuly June to December is a lesson for next season.

January onwards has been incredible.
I'll agree with all that :D
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:51 pm

I had a positive feeling we could get something from the Chelski game. I can see Pep running to slip on the ‘depends’ in the final 15 minutes of tomorrows’ game.

:lol:

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:16 pm

We have never denied Chelsea 5 points in a season-they beat us last season on the Turf

GordonvaleClaret
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by GordonvaleClaret » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:26 am

We denied them 4 in 68/69 though. I'm sure you remember!

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:50 am

Time to get revenge on City for all the thumpings they've given us down the years!
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:05 am

theroyaldyche wrote:We shall

However the best team in the UK and potentially in europe who NEED to win will find a way to win. There too good
I really hope you need to eat your words by the end of today! Top Six usually have a twelfth man against Burnley - The Ref! So they may find a way but I hope they don't!

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:12 am

Healeywoodclaret wrote:I really hope you need to eat your words by the end of today! Top Six usually have a twelfth man against Burnley - The Ref! So they may find a way but I hope they don't!
I do. I have a tenner on us at 22 to 1

slw
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by slw » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:40 am

jrgbfc wrote:Time to get revenge on City for all the thumpings they've given us down the years!
yea ,weve had our fair share of pastings from them over the years,
be nice to give them one today. 1-0 wil do. :D

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:03 pm

mdd2 wrote:We have never denied Chelsea 5 points in a season-they beat us last season on the Turf
My mistake. I thought we drew at the turf with a brady free kick and won at theirs.