What era did you grow up in...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Carnsmerry12
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 186 times

Re: What era did you grow up in...

Post by Carnsmerry12 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Born 1955. First saw Burnley on TV in the FA cup final and was hooked. Grew up in a village in Hampshire, lost my Dad in 1966 and it was impossible to get to see the Clarets play any where else than Southampton and Portsmouth and once got to see them at Fulham. It took me 10 games before we picked up a point.Later I got to games to watch Thomas/James et al and can remember watching Stevenson make his debut at Brisbane road when I was living in Essex. I will never forget the Orient game in 1987,I could not listen to the radio coverage so had to rely on my 6 year old to tell me how the match was going. Highlights include my first ever visit to the Turf, the Serbia Van final, Stockport play off final, Sheffield United final and watching Robbie Blake score that goal as I sat in the stands using my first ever season ticket, having travelled up from my home in Cornwall. I still make the occasional visit to the turf but now get to as many away games as I can along with my 2 sons who both live in the South East. They have always supported the Clarets and I am still working on getting my 2 daughters to follow suit but the oldest has married an Arsenal fan and the youngest is an Owls fan! Have made many friends, initially with the London Clarets and then the South West Clarets and at the moment I am "living the dream"
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone cricketfieldclarets