The Death Penalty.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
Bfcboyo
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 141 times

The Death Penalty.

Postby Bfcboyo » Mon May 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Wouldn't be justice for this animal. I didn't realise until reading this tonight how close to us this monster had got . Vile vile monster and he should be put down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48178799
This user liked this post: ElectroClaret

# 2
Goalposts
Posts: 1176
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:36 pm
Been Liked: 229 times
Has Liked: 109 times
Location: the ghost in the atom

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Goalposts » Mon May 06, 2019 8:08 pm

totally agree , but the liberals will be on shortly to defend his right to life
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

# 3
Bfcboyo
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Bfcboyo » Mon May 06, 2019 8:16 pm

I think the most liberal of liberals would struggle to justify this man deserving any right to oxygen. It is an insult to the plants and trees supplying it.
The only argument could be how he is terminated.

# 4
Blackrod
Posts: 3965
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 202 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Blackrod » Mon May 06, 2019 8:18 pm

The taxpayer will pay the additional cost to segregate the monster in prison. It would be cheaper not to bother. Once he’s been finished off by other inmates just throw him in the prison incinerator. Job done. Rapists and paedos will never offer anything good to society and can’t be made better by counselling and therapy.
This user liked this post: bob-the-scutter

# 5
GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 1064 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:22 pm

The bigger issue is he was released by mistake from another article I read.
He didn't go before a parole board before his release and it's highly likely he wouldn't have been approved for release if he had.

# 6
Steve-Harpers-perm
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:52 am
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon May 06, 2019 8:24 pm

Frightening it was so close to home and the number of lives he has ruined.

# 7
Murger
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 pm
Been Liked: 357 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Murger » Mon May 06, 2019 8:25 pm

Off with his head.

# 8
Bfcboyo
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Bfcboyo » Mon May 06, 2019 8:35 pm

Murger wrote:Off with his head.

Too quick.

# 9
Venkys4eva
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 am
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Venkys4eva » Mon May 06, 2019 8:48 pm

He should be used as an organ donor then at least the vile monster would do some good.

# 10
tim_noone
Posts: 10217
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2538 times
Has Liked: 9159 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby tim_noone » Mon May 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Venkys4eva wrote:He should be used as an organ donor then at least the vile monster would do some good.

Organ grinder....

# 11
IWOODLOVETT
Posts: 644
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:23 am
Been Liked: 283 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby IWOODLOVETT » Mon May 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Venkys4eva wrote:He should be used as an organ donor then at least the vile monster would do some good.


There’s one organ that should be removed immediately.
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

# 12
Rileybobs
Posts: 5213
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2242 times
Has Liked: 543 times
Location: Leeds

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Rileybobs » Mon May 06, 2019 9:03 pm

As a reasonable human being I find the death penalty abhorrent. However, if it was re-introduced in this country I would prefer it if the suspects were tried and found guilty of their crimes before being executed. If that makes me too liberal for you then you are a wazzock.
These 12 users liked this post: mdd2 Rick_Muller Lancasterclaret martin_p lakedistrictclaret fatboy47 Bosscat simonclaret Claret-On-A-T-Rex ZizkovClaret Foshiznik Taffy on the wing

# 13
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15184
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5884 times
Has Liked: 8487 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Mon May 06, 2019 9:37 pm

I honestly dont know what is suitable for people like this. Death is the easy way out.

Blast them into space, brass eye style.

# 14
NottsClaret
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:05 am
Been Liked: 1391 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby NottsClaret » Mon May 06, 2019 9:39 pm

Still against the death penalty but if he was left with his shoe laces and belt on his first night in Wakey I’d be ok with that.

# 15
Pimlico_Claret
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:08 am
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 471 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Pimlico_Claret » Mon May 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Against the death penalty, but also against cushy jails, start making them places people will do anything to avoid, like committing crimes.
This user liked this post: bob-the-scutter

# 16
mealdeal
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby mealdeal » Mon May 06, 2019 10:03 pm

We’ll put him on trial first lads eh?
These 3 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Claret-On-A-T-Rex ZizkovClaret

# 17
FCBurnley
Posts: 2495
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 618 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby FCBurnley » Mon May 06, 2019 10:10 pm

Rileybobs wrote:As a reasonable human being I find the death penalty abhorrent. However, if it was re-introduced in this country I would prefer it if the suspects were tried and found guilty of their crimes before being executed. If that makes me too liberal for you then you are a wazzock.

I wonder if your opinion would change if 1 of his victims was somebody close to your heart ?

# 18
Cirrus_Minor
Posts: 1965
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:20 pm
Been Liked: 479 times
Has Liked: 449 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Cirrus_Minor » Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 pm

This man is evil and will not thankfully see freedom again. He should not however be used as reason to bring back the death penalty. There are many reasons but foremost is our justice system has been reliable in finding people guilty when they are innocent.

# 19
thatdberight
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 342 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby thatdberight » Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 pm

Mark me down as surprised to find myself called a liberal for opposing the death penalty. That's a new one to me.

# 20
Rick_Muller
Posts: 4129
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:53 am
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 4410 times
Location: -90.000000, 0.000000

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Rick_Muller » Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 pm

FCBurnley wrote:I wonder if your opinion would change if 1 of his victims was somebody close to your heart ?

Irrelevant until he’s found guilty dont you think...?

# 21
Rileybobs
Posts: 5213
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2242 times
Has Liked: 543 times
Location: Leeds

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Rileybobs » Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 pm

FCBurnley wrote:I wonder if your opinion would change if 1 of his victims was somebody close to your heart ?


I’d like to think not but who knows. I fail to see how that’s relevant though as if a loved one of mine was a victim of sexual abuse I wouldn’t be thinking coherently.

In any case would you think it fair that said suspect is tried and found guilty before given the electric chair? Or is that a little on the liberal side?

# 22
RalphCoatesComb
Posts: 3537
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:38 pm
Been Liked: 1144 times
Has Liked: 1186 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby RalphCoatesComb » Mon May 06, 2019 10:37 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:Wouldn't be justice for this animal


Not fair to animals!

Unfortunately, there is no chance of the Death Penalty returning :x :cry:

# 23
Vino blanco
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:42 pm
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 467 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Vino blanco » Mon May 06, 2019 10:44 pm

Why don't we have a referendum on the death penalty, that should sort things out once and for all?
This user liked this post: bobinho

# 24
HatfieldClaret
Posts: 2555
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:29 pm
Been Liked: 604 times
Has Liked: 344 times
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby HatfieldClaret » Mon May 06, 2019 11:01 pm

mealdeal wrote:We’ll put him on trial first lads eh?


You wouldn't get a jury to convict if there was the possibility of the death penalty. So as vile some people are, life should mean life and leave it at that.

# 25
bobinho
Posts: 3907
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm
Been Liked: 1620 times
Has Liked: 2341 times
Location: Burnley

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby bobinho » Mon May 06, 2019 11:19 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:The bigger issue is he was released by mistake from another article I read.
He didn't go before a parole board before his release and it's highly likely he wouldn't have been approved for release if he had.


Why is it highly likely he wouldn’t have been released? Only asking because modern criminal history is weighed down by parole board mistakes.... can’t help but wonder why they would’ve got this right.

# 26
jjclaret
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 pm
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby jjclaret » Mon May 06, 2019 11:21 pm

Firstly , as mentioned, we need to put him on trial and be sure, without doubt, that he is guilty as charged.
Then, with regard to a death penalty, we need to remove the massive amount of brutality, which is being displayed, from the way that his life is terminated. If we continue to demand, or even consider, ”an eye for an eye” brutal method of termination, there is no hope of ever returning to a legal option of terminating someone’s life.

# 27
bobinho
Posts: 3907
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm
Been Liked: 1620 times
Has Liked: 2341 times
Location: Burnley

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby bobinho » Mon May 06, 2019 11:22 pm

Rileybobs wrote:As a reasonable human being I find the death penalty abhorrent. However, if it was re-introduced in this country I would prefer it if the suspects were tried and found guilty of their crimes before being executed. If that makes me too liberal for you then you are a wazzock.


Have we ever just executed people without having them tried and proved guilty?

# 28
SGr
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm
Been Liked: 669 times
Has Liked: 267 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby SGr » Mon May 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Rileybobs wrote:As a reasonable human being I find the death penalty abhorrent. However, if it was re-introduced in this country I would prefer it if the suspects were tried and found guilty of their crimes before being executed. If that makes me too liberal for you then you are a wazzock.


Spot on. Mob rule is extremely dangerous.

# 29
GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 1064 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:35 pm

bobinho wrote:Why is it highly likely he wouldn’t have been released? Only asking because modern criminal history is weighed down by parole board mistakes.... can’t help but wonder why they would’ve got this right.


He was on a life long licence from a previous jail term/crime and was half way through a 3 year sentence for his last one.
There was definitely a chance he wasn't going to be freed.

The proper procedure wasn't followed anyway.

# 30
Rileybobs
Posts: 5213
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2242 times
Has Liked: 543 times
Location: Leeds

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Rileybobs » Mon May 06, 2019 11:40 pm

bobinho wrote:Have we ever just executed people without having them tried and proved guilty?


A number of people on this thread, including the OP, have advocated just that. And yes, this country has certainly executed people without sufficient evidence to prove their guilt.

# 31
bobinho
Posts: 3907
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm
Been Liked: 1620 times
Has Liked: 2341 times
Location: Burnley

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby bobinho » Mon May 06, 2019 11:53 pm

So “no” then?

# 32
Rileybobs
Posts: 5213
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2242 times
Has Liked: 543 times
Location: Leeds

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Rileybobs » Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 am

bobinho wrote:So “no” then?


Do the trials of the Pendle witches ring a bell? Were they ‘proven’ guilty?

I’m not sure why you’re picking this argument though as I was responding to people on this thread who have called for someone to be executed without being tried for the crimes which they are accused.

# 33
Bfcboyo
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Bfcboyo » Tue May 07, 2019 1:14 am

bobinho wrote:Have we ever just executed people without having them tried and proved guilty?


Only witches .

# 34
Bfcboyo
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Bfcboyo » Tue May 07, 2019 1:16 am

Rick_Muller wrote:Irrelevant until he’s found guilty dont you think...?


Give him bail in the wait maybe as he is innocent until the fact.

# 35
Bfcboyo
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Bfcboyo » Tue May 07, 2019 1:18 am

mealdeal wrote:We’ll put him on trial first lads eh?


With or without bail?

# 36
evensteadiereddie
Posts: 4396
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1307 times
Has Liked: 4039 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby evensteadiereddie » Tue May 07, 2019 6:08 am

Yawn.

# 37
bobinho
Posts: 3907
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm
Been Liked: 1620 times
Has Liked: 2341 times
Location: Burnley

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby bobinho » Tue May 07, 2019 7:26 am

Rileybobs wrote:Do the trials of the Pendle witches ring a bell? Were they ‘proven’ guilty?

I’m not sure why you’re picking this argument though as I was responding to people on this thread who have called for someone to be executed without being tried for the crimes which they are accused.


Yep, the witch trials ring a bell. It’s hard to find fault with your argument when you mention these trials - although to be fair, our justice system these days requires a little more proof than “she has a broom AND a cat m’lud”.

Not really picking an argument, just trying to get your point is all. The OP hasn’t actually said OR suggested that this individual is strung up without being proven guilty. I don’t think he should be either, but when he is (and let’s be honest, he WILL be barring some stupid “rule of law” that means he’s innocent if his name is spelt incorrectly on the paperwork) I’d like to see seriously dangerous individuals like this punished properly.

The capital punishment argument is absolutely massive. Bigger even than brexit (sorry :cry: ). I’d like to think we could live in a world where it exists for the punishment of the dangerously evil and unremorseful, but the risk of getting a conviction wrong is possibly too great. Especially when you consider that legal representation is more about the brief winning the case than making sure justice is done.

# 38
mealdeal
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby mealdeal » Tue May 07, 2019 8:04 am

Bfcboyo wrote:With or without bail?


Obviously he’d be remanded you moron, he’s been arrested for a serious offence not nicking some sweets from the corner shop.

You might think you are being clever trying to conflate the remand system with death penalty but all you are doing is serving to prove you’re an idiot
These 2 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex Foshiznik

# 39
Corky
Posts: 800
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm
Been Liked: 273 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Corky » Tue May 07, 2019 8:13 am

I know emotions run high but just think about the writ of Habeas Corpus. It is there for a reason.

# 40
Spijed
Posts: 8691
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1561 times
Has Liked: 693 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Spijed » Tue May 07, 2019 8:43 am

Imagine if Ched Evans had been hanged for being a convicted rapist...
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

# 41
willsclarets
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:06 am
Been Liked: 257 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby willsclarets » Tue May 07, 2019 9:16 am

The mark of any civilised society is defined by what it does to its worst offenders. The state has the right and duty to take away liberty but not life. What sort of example is that?

Not withstanding the evidence that it's not really a deterrent, it's inhuman, it's expensive and it far too often means the wrong person stood with the noose round their neck.

There's no good argument for the death penalty whatsoever.
These 7 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret lakedistrictclaret Claret-On-A-T-Rex Rick_Muller Swizzlestick Lord Beamish Falcon

# 42
Lancasterclaret
Posts: 14244
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm
Been Liked: 4692 times
Has Liked: 2618 times
Location: Riding the galactic winds in my X-wing

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Lancasterclaret » Tue May 07, 2019 9:22 am

willsclarets wrote:The mark of any civilised society is defined by what it does to its worst offenders. The state has the right and duty to take away liberty but not life. What sort of example is that?

Not withstanding the evidence that it's not really a deterrent, it's inhuman, it's expensive and it far too often means the wrong person stood with the noose round their neck.

There's no good argument for the death penalty whatsoever.


Stop being so rational, this thread is for deranged loons to out do themselves on who can be the most daft.
These 3 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex evensteadiereddie Lord Beamish

# 43
mealdeal
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby mealdeal » Tue May 07, 2019 9:24 am

willsclarets wrote:
There's no good argument for the death penalty whatsoever.


Other than giving the mouth breathers some sort of revenge satisfaction.

The amazing thing about this thread is some peoples willingness to compeletely set aside one entire section of the justice system. Plenty happy to just kill this bloke on the say so of his arrest. I can't get my head around it and they don't seem to appreciate that that system would also apply to them.

# 44
willsclarets
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:06 am
Been Liked: 257 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby willsclarets » Tue May 07, 2019 9:24 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Stop being so rational, this thread is for deranged loons to out do themselves on who can be the most daft.


Burn them alive!
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

# 45
Lancasterclaret
Posts: 14244
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm
Been Liked: 4692 times
Has Liked: 2618 times
Location: Riding the galactic winds in my X-wing

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Lancasterclaret » Tue May 07, 2019 9:29 am

Siri, show me a list of people who don't understand that if you ignore the law, then that becomes the norm and will affect them as well

# 46
Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 233 times
Has Liked: 1859 times
Contact:

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Tue May 07, 2019 10:00 am

My great-grandad used to say "bring back hanging".

Incredible to see the attitudes of some people in the 21st Century haven't changed from someone born in the 19th.

# 47
AlargeClaret
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm
Been Liked: 366 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby AlargeClaret » Tue May 07, 2019 10:04 am

To give bfcboyo his dues at least he’s doing something practical over the bankholiday
Attachments
7FBC86E3-EB74-4A6A-BEC8-BF70C2EEA591.jpeg
7FBC86E3-EB74-4A6A-BEC8-BF70C2EEA591.jpeg (32.43 KiB) Viewed 1377 times

# 48
TheFamilyCat
Posts: 4162
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2305 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby TheFamilyCat » Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 am

mealdeal wrote:Other than giving the mouth breathers some sort of revenge satisfaction.

The amazing thing about this thread is some peoples willingness to compeletely set aside one entire section of the justice system. Plenty happy to just kill this bloke on the say so of his arrest. I can't get my head around it and they don't seem to appreciate that that system would also apply to them.


Weird how they tend to be the same people who are so fearful of the brutality of Sharia Law.
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

# 49
lakedistrictclaret
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:30 am
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby lakedistrictclaret » Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 am

This thread started off about McCann. Despicable as his alleged offences are, even if the death penalty was still in force, he wouldn't have been eligible for it. Execution for rape was abolished one hundred and eighty years ago.

# 50
mdd2
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 965 times
Has Liked: 415 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Postby mdd2 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:23 am

Were they alive I think Derek Bentley and Timothy Evans would agree with the death penalty as they paid the ultimate price for the crimes of Michael Craig and John Christie. We would have topped poor Stefan Kiszko but given the 16 years incarceration effectively killed him at the age of 41 for the crimes of Ronald Castree he might as well have been executed too.
To the present case once he has been found guilty and not insane then I am sure he will get a pretty long tariff. As one cannot reverse the death penalty very easily I remain against it but I would change the tariff for murder big time


Return to “The Bee Hole End”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ijkay and 30 guests