The Death Penalty.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu May 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Test User wrote:As disgusting as he is, this pervert isn't trying to turn this country into one which slaughters its own people. Our justice system can and will deal with him.
Not you though. In a country with some sort of freedom of speech your brand of evil can only be dealt with by arguing against your sadistic ideas.
Is the test user position temporary? Is it a test to see how long you last. Have you come out yet?

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Blackrod wrote:Just to add some balance the death penalty will not stop all crime and it may not deter some sickos but it may make someone think twice about wielding a weapon or committing murder. Once it has happened once in the current era it will serve as a deterrent and the victims will have had justice. As a contrast I think corporal punishment could be suitable for some sexual predators such as castration. They won’t be committing the same act again but it’s whether they can ever serve any useful purpose in society. I am repulsed by the thought that such a predator can ever be released back into society and certainly when the public don’t know where they are.
It may ....but the majority of murders are not committed by rational people acting rationally. They are usually committed in the heat of the moment and often by disturbed people. Where is the evidence that it reduces murder rates?

Lord Rothbury
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Lord Rothbury » Thu May 09, 2019 8:26 pm

keith1879 wrote:It may ....but the majority of murders are not committed by rational people acting rationally. They are usually committed in the heat of the moment and often by disturbed people. Where is the evidence that it reduces murder rates?
Well it certainly stops re offending.

Hang em all let God sort em out.
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu May 09, 2019 11:00 pm

Germans just missed two!

Chelsea only one!

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 4017 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri May 10, 2019 6:19 pm

To be fair to say he is innocent until proven guilty, he is doing a damn fine job of protesting his innocence!! Twice refused to attend court as instructed and then when the court goes to him he turns his back on it. **** him. He is a monster, there is no way back for things like him.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 pm

mybloodisclaret wrote:To be fair to say he is innocent until proven guilty, he is doing a damn fine job of protesting his innocence!! Twice refused to attend court as instructed and then when the court goes to him he turns his back on it. **** him. He is a monster, there is no way back for things like him.
Be careful you will anger a lot of strange sheep on here flouting common sense like this.

Test User
Been Liked: 89 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Test User » Sat May 11, 2019 3:28 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Be careful you will anger a lot of strange sheep on here flouting common sense like this.

Do you think someone should be executed if the state has decided that you've murdered a child?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat May 11, 2019 8:38 am

That wouldn't happen I am normal. I'm not a lonely little fruit cake glued to a computer 24 / 7 picking strange little arguments. Those are the kind of fiends to keep an eye on.
Where I would welcome a cctv camera on every street corner and full internet monitoring to prevent crime and protect my loved ones. Some fiendish oddballs detest the thought of such a thing. And it leaves the normal folk with the common sense wondering why?
So to answer your question , yes if you were sentenced for child murder I would be happy to see you executed.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 353 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat May 11, 2019 8:45 am

BfcBoyo, do you have curtains in your home?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat May 11, 2019 8:49 am

Only to keep the heat in and light out! You?

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat May 11, 2019 9:22 am

You don’t need to close them at night though, do you? Seems like you might have something to hide, what crimes are you committing?

Test User

Post by Test User » Sat May 11, 2019 11:37 am

Bfcboyo wrote:That wouldn't happen I am normal. I'm not a lonely little fruit cake glued to a computer 24 / 7 picking strange little arguments. Those are the kind of fiends to keep an eye on.
Where I would welcome a cctv camera on every street corner and full internet monitoring to prevent crime and protect my loved ones. Some fiendish oddballs detest the thought of such a thing. And it leaves the normal folk with the common sense wondering why?
So to answer your question , yes if you were sentenced for child murder I would be happy to see you executed.

Most people who read 1984 do so as a cautionary tale, not something we should aspire to.

Since you decided to post about them i think it's fair for me to ask you to explain why you're concerned about those people you've described. It's not exactly a good description so can you explain how you think monitoring other peoples internet activity is going to keep your loved ones safe?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat May 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:That wouldn't happen I am normal. I'm not a lonely little fruit cake glued to a computer 24 / 7 picking strange little arguments. Those are the kind of fiends to keep an eye on.
And if we have full internet monitoring how do you stop China & Russia hacking everything we do?

Anyone who is happy to have no secure privacy on the internet deserves to be hacked!

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Test User wrote:Most people who read 1984 do so as a cautionary tale, not something we should aspire to.

Since you decided to post about them i think it's fair for me to ask you to explain why you're concerned about those people you've described. It's not exactly a good description so can you explain how you think monitoring other peoples internet activity is going to keep your loved ones safe?
Don't forget the cctv on every corner. Im sure it would cut crime massively. Everybody tracked etc. They would have caught this Mcann quicker. If people are not committing crimes then there is nothing to worry about. 1984 is a story not a cautionary tale with any substance. As for the internet it would stop feedind sickos fantasies and sniff out a lot of potential monsters if monitored.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sat May 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:As for the internet it would stop feedind sickos fantasies and sniff out a lot of potential monsters if monitored.
And it will also lead to many more people losing thousands of pounds out of their bank accounts!

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat May 11, 2019 12:38 pm

For me it’s not about China, Russia, criminals, hackers. It’s just simple privacy. Are we going to live in a world where authorities can just wander into your house or have CCTV access into your living-room to see ‘if you’re safe’ whenever they want to?

Test User

Post by Test User » Sat May 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:Don't forget the cctv on every corner. Im sure it would cut crime massively. Everybody tracked etc. They would have caught this Mcann quicker. If people are not committing crimes then there is nothing to worry about. 1984 is a story not a cautionary tale with any substance. As for the internet it would stop feedind sickos fantasies and sniff out a lot of potential monsters if monitored.

So you think the government should be able to decide whether you have a right to live, and that people should have no right to privacy from the government.

Are you sure this is the right country for you?
These 3 users liked this post: claptrappers_union Greenmile nil_desperandum

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat May 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Sounds like Bfcboyo is a big fan of 1950's East Germany and the Stasi. He must be gutted the West and our values prevailed during the Cold War era
These 2 users liked this post: Spijed nil_desperandum

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat May 11, 2019 5:24 pm

это конечно

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm

After the cannibalism and maybe the collapse of the UK via a meteorite or Yellowstone lava lake going off and a changing of the gulf stream, they might make craft from rawhide and bones, the advantage over the ancients is more tech knowledge to build a craft from human remains IF who survived the ruck weren't systematically bombed every few months.

Obviously the first cricket match would be v. South Africa.

Test User

Post by Test User » Sat May 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:это конечно
Have you ever wondered what kind of world you'd be living in today if there was no such thing as personal privacy? Think about it. Think about major moments of social progress throughout history that brought you some of the freedoms you enjoy, and the events that triggered them, and imagine how those events would have gone differently if the government of the time had perfect information about its citizens thoughts and communications.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat May 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Test User wrote:Have you ever wondered what kind of world you'd be living in today if there was no such thing as personal privacy? Think about it. Think about major moments of social progress throughout history that brought you some of the freedoms you enjoy, and the events that triggered them, and imagine how those events would have gone differently if the government of the time had perfect information about its citizens thoughts and communications.
But if it saved lives?
Surely worth it !your arguments against the death penalty confirm this.

Test User

Post by Test User » Sat May 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:But if it saved lives?
Surely worth it !your arguments against the death penalty confirm this.

Interesting. Earlier in this thread someone showed you that US states with the death penalty consistently have a higher collective murder rate every year than states without the death penalty, and you're still a big fan of the death penalty.

Now you're trying to make the case that we should remove the right to privacy in the interest of saving lives.

Do you see the hypocrisy here? lol

And for your information, my opposition to the death penalty isn't about saving lives, it's about me not wanting to be responsible for killing people. My government is supposed to represent me, and you, and everyone else it serves. So anything it does is done in my name, and i don't want conducting vengeance killings on my behalf.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sat May 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:But if it saved lives?
Would you feel the same way if you lost everything through being hacked or scammed?

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat May 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Test User wrote:Interesting. Earlier in this thread someone showed you that US states with the death penalty consistently have a higher collective murder rate every year than states without the death penalty, and you're still a big fan of the death penalty.

Now you're trying to make the case that we should remove the right to privacy in the interest of saving lives.

Do you see the hypocrisy here? lol

And for your information, my opposition to the death penalty isn't about saving lives, it's about me not wanting to be responsible for killing people. My government is supposed to represent me, and you, and everyone else it serves. So anything it does is done in my name, and i don't want conducting vengeance killings on my behalf.
I’ve seen charts that confirm it is a deterrent. I don’t know how to link them or I would have done earlier. The government also represents prople who do want the death penalty. You wouldn’t be personally responsible. It’s it not above vengeance killing. It is about justice, proportional punishment and ensuring that evil monsters are no threat and no ongoing cost to society. It is also about ensuring victims have closure.

Test User

Post by Test User » Sat May 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Spijed wrote:Would you feel the same way if you lost everything through being hacked or scammed?
Or what if he became an annoyance for the government? What if he needed to be silenced? Easy, just take a look at the government copy of his search history and blackmail him by threatening to release his private information.

If we don't have the right to privacy it will inevitably be used to destroy our democracy. Information that should be private will be used to manipulate not just who gets into government, but it will be used to manipulate the people already there.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat May 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Spijed wrote:Would you feel the same way if you lost everything through being hacked or scammed?
We are talking about potentially stopping vile crimes and you think being hacked is a bigger issue.

All over somebody deserving the death penalty thread.

Beggars belief and shows how contradictory and argumentative some people can be. You will never win a debate against this force of self righteous belief.

It is to put it mildly, obscenely ridiculous.

Test User

Post by Test User » Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Blackrod wrote:I’ve seen charts that confirm it is a deterrent. I don’t know how to link them or I would have done earlier. The government also represents prople who do want the death penalty. You wouldn’t be personally responsible. It’s it not above vengeance killing. It is about justice, proportional punishment and ensuring that evil monsters are no threat and no ongoing cost to society. It is also about ensuring victims have closure.

You don't know how to post links to the web pages that contain these charts?

And yes, it's about vengeance. If it was about justice then you wouldn't care how much it costs to make sure that only guilty people are executed. The very fact that you even mention the financial burden of keeping prisoners in prison is evidence that it's not about justice.

Test User

Post by Test User » Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:We are talking about potentially stopping vile crimes and you think being hacked is a bigger issue.

All over somebody deserving the death penalty thread.

Beggars belief and shows how contradictory and argumentative some people can be. You will never win a debate against this force of self righteous belief.

It is to put it mildly, obscenely ridiculous.

Maybe we should never have fought wars to protect our right to privacy. I mean, it'd have saved lives millions of lives, right?

I wonder if you have any ancestors who lived through or died in that war that, using your logic, wasn't worth their lives.
Do you have any such ancestors? What do you think they'd think of your disrespect for a fundamental freedom that they died to ensure you enjoyed?

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sat May 11, 2019 9:48 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:We are talking about potentially stopping vile crimes and you think being hacked is a bigger issue.
If you are the poor sod who ends up losing thousands through a mortgage scam, for example, I doubt you are likely to be thinking it's for the greater good.

Many people have taken their own lives through bacause they have lost everything. And what about the ability of the Chinese to start holding us to ranson with ransomware?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun May 12, 2019 9:41 am

Sorry this thread has drifted off point due to the chuckle brothers throwing curve balls at every opportunity.

Final word . I hope Mcann once convicted is never released and finds himself on the end of a prison shank choking on his own blood. I hope the chuckle brothers above can open their minds and lose their chucklevision , and try to understand that we all think differently. Try not to lose the point and the plot with what must be sarcastic drunken ramblings , as some of the replies above from Barry and Charlie Chuckle cannot be for real.

Test User

Post by Test User » Sun May 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:Sorry this thread has drifted off point due to the chuckle brothers throwing curve balls at every opportunity.

Final word . I hope Mcann once convicted is never released and finds himself on the end of a prison shank choking on his own blood. I hope the chuckle brothers above can open their minds and lose their chucklevision , and try to understand that we all think differently. Try not to lose the point and the plot with what must be sarcastic drunken ramblings , as some of the replies above from Barry and Charlie Chuckle cannot be for real.
It's kinda moot really. We won the argument decades ago.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun May 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Test User wrote:It's kinda moot really. We won the argument decades ago.
We being your multiple user names or we being the collective personalities in your mind ?

Test User

Post by Test User » Mon May 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:We being your multiple user names or we being the collective personalities in your mind ?

Think about it. If i had multiple personalities, and a username for each, then you'd never know.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon May 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Test User wrote:Think about it. If i had multiple personalities, and a username for each, then you'd never know.
I honestly don't think you do know!

Test User

Post by Test User » Mon May 13, 2019 4:02 pm

:roll:

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Mon May 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Blackrod wrote:I’ve seen charts that confirm it is a deterrent. I don’t know how to link them or I would have done earlier. The government also represents prople who do want the death penalty. You wouldn’t be personally responsible. It’s it not above vengeance killing. It is about justice, proportional punishment and ensuring that evil monsters are no threat and no ongoing cost to society. It is also about ensuring victims have closure.
You’ve also seen charts that show it’s not a deterrent (the US figures). As well as figures that show its more e pensive than life in prison. Closure comes from more than just the execution of a criminal.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun May 19, 2019 9:28 am

Blackrod wrote:The taxpayer will pay the additional cost to segregate the monster in prison. It would be cheaper not to bother. Once he’s been finished off by other inmates just throw him in the prison incinerator. Job done. Rapists and paedos will never offer anything good to society and can’t be made better by counselling and therapy.
I agree, Tommy Robinson will always be in and out of prison for crimes relating to his vile racism, he'll never change, better to just finish him off and save the taxpayer money.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:51 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50389744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once he is found guilty of this. Surely even the fanciest sandal wearing hypocrites will agree this chap deserves to be given the death penalty.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2970 times
Has Liked: 2069 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:05 pm

I read that story in the LET.

That list of offences is horrendous, but no doubt he had a bad childhood and is now
suffering from a mental illness.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:I think the most liberal of liberals would struggle to justify this man deserving any right to oxygen. It is an insult to the plants and trees supplying it.
The only argument could be how he is terminated.
Oh I could think of a few ways. All just right for this horror.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Add these to the list.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... e-50388496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Rileybobs wrote:As a reasonable human being I find the death penalty abhorrent. However, if it was re-introduced in this country I would prefer it if the suspects were tried and found guilty of their crimes before being executed. If that makes me too liberal for you then you are a wazzock.
I realy cant imagine that anyone would be executed before being tried and found guilty in this country even this b@stard who is known to be guilty. Tre mother of the children in Haslingden would bear witness to that.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 pm

Stayingup wrote:I realy cant imagine that anyone would be executed before being tried and found guilty in this country even this b@stard who is known to be guilty. Tre mother of the children in Haslingden would bear witness to that.
I’ve had to go back a fair way to find the post that you quoted as its right at the beginning of the thread. And it’s in response to the OP who was calling for this man to be executed before it was even proven that he had committed any crime.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:52 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50389744

Once he is found guilty of this. Surely even the fanciest sandal wearing hypocrites will agree this chap deserves to be given the death penalty.
It’s irrelevant whether he deserves the death penalty as he hasn’t committed his crimes in a country that uses the death penalty as a punishment.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:22 am

Rileybobs wrote:I’ve had to go back a fair way to find the post that you quoted as its right at the beginning of the thread. And it’s in response to the OP who was calling for this man to be executed before it was even proven that he had committed any crime.
The guilt was obvious as was my intent for his execution once tried my flip flop wearing friend.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:31 am

Rileybobs wrote:It’s irrelevant whether he deserves the death penalty as he hasn’t committed his crimes in a country that uses the death penalty as a punishment.
Is it not open to debate as any other subject?

Surely crimes like this warrant such punishments.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:43 am

He deserves to have his sexual organs surgically removed to ensure it can't happen again, death penalty would be too easy, he deserves to live but in pain. Photograph the dismembered part & hand the photograph out to all potential offenders who are susceptible to committing this type of offence as a warning. You'd see a substantial reduction straightaway in sexual offences of this particular nature.
Last edited by Jakubclaret on Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:46 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Is it not open to debate as any other subject?

Surely crimes like this warrant such punishments.
Probably better off just castrating the fella instead, chemically or surgically.

Dazzler
Been Liked: 875 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:07 am

keith1879 wrote:IWhere is the evidence that it reduces murder rates?
Where is the evidence that it doesn''t?