The Death Penalty.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Re: The Death Penalty.

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:29 am

Not rattled at all by your attempted jibe, boyo, far from it.
The lame and rather predictable "sandal" crap is more evidence of "your'e" ignorance and weakness in this discussion.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:44 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:29 am
Not rattled at all by your attempted jibe, boyo, far from it.
The lame and rather predictable "sandal" crap is more evidence of "your'e" ignorance and weakness in this discussion.

Only weakness are those on here suggesting that the guy shouldn't be executed. Oh and Rick Muller who went Danny Dyer let his guard down and then scuttled off into the shadows when he had shown his true colours.

So in the memory of Rick. How did he put it again.

Jog the fck on.

Lovely bloke.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:05 pm

Sounds like "your" a bit rattled by his remark... ;)

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2973 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:52 pm

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:34 am
Of course it reduces crime, he wouldn't be able to get released and commit any more.

The prison system has fell apart, far too overcrowded and costly. Means people not going to jail when they should and early release for most others.
Look up the figures for yourself. There's no discernable pattern of murders decreasing in years when more hangings were carried out. Go back even further - pre 1832 when many crimes carried the death sentence - and the you'll see it wasn't a deterrent.

We have too many people in prison. One (in my opinion) "easy" solution would be to decriminalise drugs, and have doctor's prescribe them to addicts. That would cut down on petty crime heavily, as well as gutting the illegal drugs trade (who would buy from a dealer, when you can get it free from your doctor?). I've read before that nearly ninety percent of people imprisoned for petty crimes have an addiction problem.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:39 pm
Look up the figures for yourself. There's no discernable pattern of murders decreasing in years when more hangings were carried out. Go back even further - pre 1832 when many crimes carried the death sentence - and the you'll see it wasn't a deterrent.

We have too many people in prison. One (in my opinion) "easy" solution would be to decriminalise drugs, and have doctor's prescribe them to addicts. That would cut down on petty crime heavily, as well as gutting the illegal drugs trade (who would buy from a dealer, when you can get it free from your doctor?). I've read before that nearly ninety percent of people imprisoned for petty crimes have an addiction problem.
I don't think anything would deter murders as they simply don't think they will get caught or their head is messed up that much.

I would legalise drugs as well (apart from heroin) as nobody has got anywhere near stopping it. Despite waging war on them for countless years. Anyone caught dealing Heroin would be a life sentence to match how many lives they ruin.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:39 pm

‘Too many in prison’ ...legal use drugs and prescribe them to addicts. Great ideas :roll:

Build more prisons. Make sentences longer. Come down hard on dealers and offenders.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:30 pm

The trouble is there are too many examples of Police framing people or so called scientific evidence later being proved to be incorrect.

You can’t bring people back to life. So keeping the vilest of people locked up is the price of a decent Society.