Ten years ago today

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32572 times
Has Liked: 5285 times

Re: Ten years ago today

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:26 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:54 pm
Was that Beeky you were with Tony? I can very much hear him coming out with that sort of comment. When he was in the last stages of his illness, a doctor informed him that when he reached the point where he could no longer swallow food, they would insert a feeding pipe. No you f****ng won't was his reply. Both just the sort of thing I would expect from him.
Wasn’t Beeky

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1802 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:32 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:01 am
I went to Reading for the second leg of the play-off semi-final.

I still, in so many ways, remember this game more and enjoyed it more than the final.
Oh thanks for that Tony.

Because of the ridiculous way the club dealt with the tickets, it was nigh on impossible to get one if you weren't in town at the right time.

You can say that having attended every away game that season I was more than a little miffed not to have a ticket for that game. I know a few Burnley based Man U fans who were there, they hadn't even been to a game on the Turf all season.

Claretmisterg
Been Liked: 314 times
Has Liked: 338 times

Post by Claretmisterg » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:42 pm

I loved the big grin on Stevie Thompson’s face when he scored that exquisite lob as if to say ‘just look what I’ve done’. Best awayday ever.

Wuggawumphwumph
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by Wuggawumphwumph » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:59 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:33 pm
I have a theory that the shot actually bent spacetime (or something) so that we were all simultaneously "bang in line" with it as the ball flew into the back of the net from infinitely finite angles. This is probably because he shot with his left foot (which he normally only used for standing) and consequently broke the spacetime continuum.

Somewhere, in an infinite number of parallel universes, Pato's shot is *still* flying into the back of that net.

Like I say, it's only a theory, but I'm yet to hear any better explanations.
Brilliant rowls

wooooosh
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by wooooosh » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:59 pm

I was behind enemy lines sitting on my hands directly behind the line of Patto's screamer. The noise behind the goal was amazing. Tough to remain quiet and still.