European Elections - Apols .....

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Re: European Elections - Apols .....

Post by IanMcL » Wed May 15, 2019 1:58 pm

These Euro elections will deliver a bunch of folk, who don't wish to be there, a large income and pension.

For the biggest loafer of all, Farage, an extra few years income, enhanced pension and nothing else needed to earn it.
This user liked this post: HieronymousBoschHobs

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Wed May 15, 2019 2:20 pm

I like Nigel Farage. He is the only politician today, whom I can believe or trust.
These 2 users liked this post: RingoMcCartney AndyClaret

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 pm

With the BBC'S blatant lack of coverage to the unprecedented phenomenonal rise of the Brexit Party and it's top brass pulling packed meetings out all over the country. You can only draw one conclusion.

The Establishment, political class and the residents of the metropolitan London Borough of Ivory Towers are sh@tting themselves.

On a not entirely unrelated matter, the editor of the remoaner daily whinefest rag ( with its dubious financial shadowy backers) has had to delete inappropriate and disgraceful comments.

"Fury at New European editor for ageist tweet that showed a photo of Brexit Party supporters with the comment 'bring a mop to clear up all the leaked p*** afterwards'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And these Remoaners love to portray themselves as intellectually and morally superior beings.

Had this been a tweet by a Brexiteer about race, gender or islam, the BBC would have been all over it like a politically correct rash.
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed May 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Vino blanco wrote:I like Nigel Farage. He is the only politician today, whom I can believe or trust.
Nigel Farage- " Brussels wants an EU army"

Nick Clergy- " nigel this is a dangerous fantasy. It's manifestly not true"

Referendum debate 2016.

https://youtu.be/4Ruu-4f6ugA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since then the truth has shown Sir Nick "tuitions fees" Clegg to be a lying , duplicitous , Europhile and Brussels shill........

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed May 15, 2019 3:56 pm

I'd be interested to know who pro-Brexit voters in the North-West will vote for in the Euro elections, it seems a pretty poor pool of candidates for them:

Brexit party - Judging by this board there seems to be a large crossover between those who decry Corbyn for links to terrorism and those who are very pro-Brexit (e.g. Ringo). Given that I'm assuming that the Brexit party would be out given Claire Fox's stance on things such as the IRA and the bombing in Warrington.

Yaxley Lennon - putting aside the general unpleasantness surrounding him he's been convicted for fraud and assault in the past, has a court case coming up for contempt of court and and probably another for libel. Given the furore around Fiona Onasanya I can't imagine many wanting a convicted criminal with more cases to come being elected.

UKIP - They've become a joke party seemingly aiming for the gap that the BNP left and then powering past it. I think we probably all agree that candidates releasing videos on whether you would rape an MP and the support of Milo on the campaign trail isn't a good look.

Who is left? The tories with their stance that they're not even going to bother trying? Is there anyone else who is pro-Brexit without the baggage?
These 3 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret Greenmile Putneyclaret

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed May 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Bullshit. Even by your disingenuous standards, that is a new low for you.

I guess everybody appears to reach a new low if you never get off your high horse.......
These 2 users liked this post: Vino blanco AndyClaret

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed May 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Elizabeth wrote:You are the man Ringo...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed May 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Greenmile wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
You’re the man Greenmile.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed May 15, 2019 5:33 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:With the BBC'S blatant lack of coverage to the unprecedented phenomenonal rise of the Brexit Party and it's top brass pulling packed meetings out all over the country. You can only draw one conclusion.

The Establishment, political class and the residents of the metropolitan London Borough of Ivory Towers are sh@tting themselves.

On a not entirely unrelated matter, the editor of the remoaner daily whinefest rag ( with its dubious financial shadowy backers) has had to delete inappropriate and disgraceful comments.

"Fury at New European editor for ageist tweet that showed a photo of Brexit Party supporters with the comment 'bring a mop to clear up all the leaked p*** afterwards'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And these Remoaners love to portray themselves as intellectually and morally superior beings.

Had this been a tweet by a Brexiteer about race, gender or islam, the BBC would have been all over it like a politically correct rash.
Ringo, with the latest polls clearly showing that the vast majority of Scottish people (especially those in working class areas) want to stay in the EU are you happy that Brexit will clearly be the end of the UK as we know it?

This idea of a metropolitan elite that you keep going on about only applies in England.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed May 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Spijed wrote:Ringo, with the latest polls clearly showing that the vast majority of Scottish people (especially those in working class areas) want to stay in the EU are you happy that Brexit will clearly be the end of the UK as we know it?

This idea of a metropolitan elite that you keep going on about only applies in England.
1 , the EU referendum shows that the majority of British voters want the UK to be an independent from the EU, sovereign nation.

2. If the Scottish voters show through a referendum that they want to be an independent, from the rest of the UK, sovereign nation. So be it.

What are your thoughts on what the editor of a British Remain supporting newspaper had to say about people who were demonstrating their willingness to engage in politics and democracy. By attending a meeting of the fastest growing political party this country has ever witnessed?
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed May 15, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed May 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Greenmile wrote:You’re the man Greenmile.
And you're easily fooled.

Guess that explains why you voted Remain...........
This user liked this post: Elizabeth

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I said last year that if Brexit is not delivered, people's trust in MPs and democracy will be shattered and they will either never vote again or vote for new parties that will promise to deliver what they want. "What's the point in voting , it doesn't change anything" I said it will be "permanent" and "transgenerational"

Anne widdecombe made a speech in a working mens club in a former mining village in south Yorkshire on Monday.

She received a standing ovation and LBC said she "was cheered to the rafters in this Leave voting stronghold"

This is Anne Widdecombe who served under John Major and the , despised by mining countries , Margaret Thatcher. Being " cheered to the rafters by former miners"

The Establishment, the political class, the mainstream media and the dark shadowy forces that, so far, have conspires to thwart the largest single expression of democracy this country has ever witnessed. Only have themselves to blame.

They will reap what they have sown.

Mystic McCartney predicted this.

PS. There's only ONE Ringo McCartney.

I DON'T DO TRIBUTE ACTS
There are no dark forces at work. Simply no agreement on how we go about leaving. Leaving without a deal wasn't on the ballot back in 2016. Nobody has betrayed you. Nobody is being a traitor to the country and the electorate. Granted, I don't think we have much of a democracy, but then there was plenty of evidence of that long before the referendum.

The next stage of leaving the EU will have to be about reaching the compromises about how we leave and what our relationship looks like going forward. We should have had that debate already, but for that you can blame the prime minister. And that's it.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed May 15, 2019 6:31 pm

AndrewJB wrote:There are no dark forces at work. Simply no agreement on how we go about leaving. Leaving without a deal wasn't on the ballot back in 2016. Nobody has betrayed you. Nobody is being a traitor to the country and the electorate. Granted, I don't think we have much of a democracy, but then there was plenty of evidence of that long before the referendum.

The next stage of leaving the EU will have to be about reaching the compromises about how we leave and what our relationship looks like going forward. We should have had that debate already, but for that you can blame the prime minister. And that's it.
In the hundreds of years of British democracy, as far as I'm aware, the result of a UK wide general election or referendum has not been enacted.

Till now.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed May 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Elizabeth wrote:You are the man Ringo , I'll keep an eye on the board but in case you missed it, one of the resident remoaners had a hissy fit breakdown yesterday so be gentle
Yeh , same old, the Brexit Party is racist rubbish.
Elizabeth must have a very strong Wrongo defector, posting her only post of the day just 12 minutes after he’d claimed they weren’t the same person. Almost like she knew he’d logged on and written it!

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Nothing gets past Martin with a little 'm`. It always better to share I say, never suffer in silence

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed May 15, 2019 11:07 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:You are trying to pretend that its violence, when its someone being attacked with a milk based product.

You'd probably have a point if they were lactose intolerant though.

And I think its worth mentioning again that political violence from your side of the vote killed an MP, as opposed to soaking two wannabee MEPs in milkshake.
That's two stupid arguments in one post. You aren't normally stupid, even if you are wrong a lot more often than you think you are, but in this case your arguments are stupid.

1. You could answer any point about crime by saying "yes, but it's not as bad as that nutter who committed murder". It's neither helpful nor relevant.

2. Linking the nutter who committed murder to "my side of the argument" is contemptible as well as stupid. You know it's stupid, but by continually repeating it you hope that people will associate Brexiters with murderers.
These 2 users liked this post: AndyClaret BertiesBeehole

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu May 16, 2019 12:32 am

IanMcL wrote:These Euro elections will deliver a bunch of folk, who don't wish to be there, a large income and pension.

For the biggest loafer of all, Farage, an extra few years income, enhanced pension and nothing else needed to earn it.
Yet you keep saying you want to keep contributing to these peoples wealth

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu May 16, 2019 12:58 am

Damo wrote:Yet you keep saying you want to keep contributing to these peoples wealth
Positive people not opportunists.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:57 am

Opened the post box yesterday morning to find a leaflet each from Robinson, Corbyn & Farage.

Like seeing 3 cheeks of the same arsehole all at once

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Thu May 16, 2019 8:14 am

Vino blanco wrote:I like Nigel Farage. He is the only politician today, whom I can believe or trust.
.... and who doesn't actually have to do what he says.

Hipper

Post by Hipper » Thu May 16, 2019 8:17 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:In the hundreds of years of British democracy, as far as I'm aware, the result of a UK wide general election or referendum has not been enacted.

Till now.
In 2016 in fact!

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Thu May 16, 2019 8:32 am

Farage has made a good living from the EU but what has he ever done as an MEP?

If he was that committed he'd be like Sinn Fein and refuse the seat.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Thu May 16, 2019 8:49 am

The No. 1 candidate in Yorkshire and the Humber for the Brexit party is John Longworth, long-standing head of the British Chamber of Commerce and former director of Asda and Tesco among others.

That makes it a very easy vote, if it all goes wrong having him in Brussels has to be a good thing. You could argue he would be a good candidate for any party.

It’s the likes of him who persuade me that those MPs arguing for a Customs Union despite having been fully briefed on what it means are stark raving bonkers.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 am

Hipper wrote:.... and who doesn't actually have to do what he says.
Fortunately for him that's less the case this time. In a break from tradition the Brexit party has opted to announce their manifesto after the election.

That would normally be a pretty laughable move but fortunately for the Brexit party politics is in such a state that for a large number of people not knowing what they're voting for is no block to voting for a party.
This user liked this post: Hipper

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Thu May 16, 2019 11:16 am

The Brexit party manifesto thing makes sense, partly because they want to avoid mud being thrown at them, partly because they want to avoid (for now) disagreements between their left and right wing, and partly because they want to want to stand on a single issue - leaving with no deal.

Thus, if they get 30%, they can say with some justification that 30% have voted for an immediate no deal exit and that it was the largest chunk to have voted for anything. That is valuable leverage in the coming talks.

Obviously though, if they wish to remain viable after May 23rd they will need a manifesto, even if the current trend is to ignore whatever is in it.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu May 16, 2019 11:51 am

A nice graphic showing how the seat allocation works for European elections (I knew it wasn't straightforward prorating but wasn't quite sure how it worked until this).

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Thu May 16, 2019 2:50 pm

Some interesting reporting I saw the other day regarding the close relationship between the Brexit party and Spiked Online, (formerly Living Marxism,) and the BP's suspect funding. And yes, at the risk of sounding like a nut, astroturfing (again). 

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/09/astr ... -part-one/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/13/astr ... -makeover/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Without expressing explicitly, Spiked has a pro-corporate libertarian political agenda, which isn't surprising when you find out it is financed by the Koch family. US libertarians fund media outlet > media outlet influences & manages political party > political party fulfils US corporate agenda. The ambiguity of the Brexit Party's funding is a red flag, which is ironic considering the number of former Revolutionary Communist Party members in the Brexit party. My take on all this is that we're enduring a corporate colonisation. Foreign actors manoeuvring for access to the nation's resources? Check. (Koch family wants the NHS opened up to the US market.) Ignorant smallfolk whipped into a fervor? Check. (See: opinions on close trade relationships with the EU being met with death threats.) Viceroy? That's Nige. Of course, in the 21st century such colonisation manifests via think tanks and propaganda campaigns. Supporting this, or wilful ignorance of it, or reconciling this as a means to deliver Brexit...this is the real treason, if you ask me - ignorant cowards retreating from the world and its problems...retreating from reality, to be frank; it's profoundly irresponsible. Everyone believes they are doing their patriotic duty to some degree but only one side of this debate seems receptive to surrendering real power and influence in Europe for vassaldom to US corporations. It's downright unpatriotic, and folk in the North West will be electing a literal Communist to achieve these ends. So cheers.
These 2 users liked this post: Falcon longsidepies

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu May 16, 2019 4:06 pm

AndrewJB wrote:There are no dark forces at work. Simply no agreement on how we go about leaving. Leaving without a deal wasn't on the ballot back in 2016. Nobody has betrayed you. Nobody is being a traitor to the country and the electorate. Granted, I don't think we have much of a democracy, but then there was plenty of evidence of that long before the referendum.

How come none of you remainers never spat your dummies that there was no option to only leave with a deal, on the ballot paper. Everything was fine when you thought you could win.
To show how silly your argument is, IF there was an option to only leave with a deal, Brussels would have just flatly refused to deal. That ends that bite at democracy.
It was Leave or Remain. The only realistic option they could offer. After that we all hoped there would be a deal, but May and the rest of the remainers put paid to that.
The only option left is leave with a deal, or leave without one. The past 3 years have been wasted while idiots chased the impossible dream, they're still chasing.
This user liked this post: Damo

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Thu May 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Spiral wrote:Some interesting reporting I saw the other day regarding the close relationship between the Brexit party and Spiked Online, (formerly Living Marxism,) and the BP's suspect funding. And yes, at the risk of sounding like a nut, astroturfing (again). 

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/09/astr ... -part-one/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/13/astr ... -makeover/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Without expressing explicitly, Spiked has a pro-corporate libertarian political agenda, which isn't surprising when you find out it is financed by the Koch family. US libertarians fund media outlet > media outlet influences & manages political party > political party fulfils US corporate agenda. The ambiguity of the Brexit Party's funding is a red flag, which is ironic considering the number of former Revolutionary Communist Party members in the Brexit party. My take on all this is that we're enduring a corporate colonisation. Foreign actors manoeuvring for access to the nation's resources? Check. (Koch family wants the NHS opened up to the US market.) Ignorant smallfolk whipped into a fervor? Check. (See: opinions on close trade relationships with the EU being met with death threats.) Viceroy? That's Nige. Of course, in the 21st century such colonisation manifests via think tanks and propaganda campaigns. Supporting this, or wilful ignorance of it, or reconciling this as a means to deliver Brexit...this is the real treason, if you ask me - ignorant cowards retreating from the world and its problems...retreating from reality, to be frank; it's profoundly irresponsible. Everyone believes they are doing their patriotic duty to some degree but only one side of this debate seems receptive to surrendering real power and influence in Europe for vassaldom to US corporations. It's downright unpatriotic, and folk in the North West will be electing a literal Communist to achieve these ends. So cheers.

over 100k registered supporter paying £25 each.

Hipper

Post by Hipper » Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:How come none of you remainers never spat your dummies that there was no option to only leave with a deal, on the ballot paper. Everything was fine when you thought you could win.
To show how silly your argument is, IF there was an option to only leave with a deal, Brussels would have just flatly refused to deal. That ends that bite at democracy.
It was Leave or Remain. The only realistic option they could offer. After that we all hoped there would be a deal, but May and the rest of the remainers put paid to that.
The only option left is leave with a deal, or leave without one. The past 3 years have been wasted while idiots chased the impossible dream, they're still chasing.
I've heard this argument before, that if we eschew a 'no deal' exit it would give the EU the upper hand in negotiations, and I see no evidence for it. Firstly it fails to take into account the fact that the EU would also suffer in the event of a no deal. Secondly I (perhaps naively) believe the EU have negotiated in good faith. They understand our difficulties and we understand theirs. We are the ones that want to leave and it's unrealistic to expect the EU to change any of their guiding principles to accommodate us.

It may simply be that we cannot get an agreement that will suit both sides. The Irish border is the obvious example.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Hipper wrote:Secondly I (perhaps naively) believe the EU have negotiated in good faith. They understand our difficulties and we understand theirs. We are the ones that want to leave and it's unrealistic to expect the EU to change any of their guiding principles to accommodate us.

It may simply be that we cannot get an agreement that will suit both sides. The Irish border is the obvious example.
You cannot have seen ‘Brexit - Behind Closed Doors’ on BBC4 because it categorically proves that the EU did not negotiate in good faith.

The programme was obviously agreed to be shown after Brexit Day, and if the EU could I bet they would have delayed the programme.

There are numerous lines caught by the fly on the wall camera that were clearly natural and unscripted (and not jokes, which the one about turning us into a colony was). An example is when they admit that the Withdrawal Agreement is better than they even hoped they would achieve. They took advantage of woeful negotiating by our Remain-voting PM and Lead Negotiator.

A Tory MP met with Guy Verhofstadt, afterwards Guy’s Chief of Staff (an Irish woman with a foul mouth) said “You really f****d him over. I love it when you f**k over a Tory!”

It’s that kind of attitude why I think we will now need a lose/lose exit (no deal, then piece a deal together afterwards). We cannot Remain, they have poisoned the well now, and we cannot agree a bad deal, it would be rewarding that kind of behaviour.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Thu May 16, 2019 5:45 pm

I agree party politics is a mess but to say that the millions who vote for the Brexit Party next week don't know what they are voting for is patently wrong.
The Brexit party was formed because the political system is in a mess.
The public were underestimated in 2016 and unbelievably despite that message they are being underestimated again.
Ostriches in the sand

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Thu May 16, 2019 5:57 pm

AndyClaret wrote:over 100k registered supporter paying £25 each.
For your benefit, so you don't have Farage's hand up your arse for the rest of your days, I'd recommend having a quick look around the bylinetimes site on their reporting of the Brexit Party's funding. But to summarise, site traffic numbers are below reported number of donations...(although the BP did provide a response, and BLT updated their article)

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/15/brex ... ot-add-up/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...and, the PayPal configuration utilised ensures anonymity by design, not even allowing donors to declare their person; and even lacks a captcha, making it open to exploitation by bots; meaning that, hypothetically (and I'm not alleging this is what is at play, but come on, use your imagination like any normal person would) a rudimentary piece of code could be written in no time allowing tens or even hundreds of thousands of small anonymous donations of under £500 to be made by a single person, thus circumventing Electoral Commission rules on political campaign declarations...

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/14/brex ... der-money/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is all shady as f.uck. Whether this makes one think twice about the Brexit Party will depend on how devoted one is to Farage's cult. And it is a cult. Look at the way the Brexit Party's manifesto no-show has been defended and justified on this thread alone.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Man of the people

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status ... 1587919876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Full investigation at 7 pm tonight on C4.

I expect those on here to deny any of its true and to say stuff like "Nigel speaks for me" from about 7.01 pm onwards.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 16, 2019 7:02 pm

IanMcL wrote:Positive people
Name one

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Thu May 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Man of the people

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status ... 1587919876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Full investigation at 7 pm tonight on C4.

I expect those on here to deny any of its true and to say stuff like "Nigel speaks for me" from about 7.01 pm onwards.
Dry your eyes mate, 100k people have paid 25 quid each.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu May 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Hipper wrote:I've heard this argument before, that if we eschew a 'no deal' exit it would give the EU the upper hand in negotiations, and I see no evidence for it. Firstly it fails to take into account the fact that the EU would also suffer in the event of a no deal. Secondly I (perhaps naively) believe the EU have negotiated in good faith. They understand our difficulties and we understand theirs. We are the ones that want to leave and it's unrealistic to expect the EU to change any of their guiding principles to accommodate us.

I agree with most of that. I dont think the EU have negotiated in good faith, but then they didn't have to when the person they were bartering with was on their side, so it's hard to hold them to account for that. Mostly I agree that it would be wrong for them to change their guiding principles to accommodate us, but that works in reverse as well. The red lines of leaving the CU, and the ECJ are also guiding principles that cant be changed.
No deal is unfortunately the only realistic option.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 7:14 pm

Posting 50 mins before its on, to say its rubbish.

Standard

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 16, 2019 7:41 pm

It's easy to assume it will be the usual biased nonsense that C4 news churns out.
I may watch though if I'm back from walking the fog and theres absolutely nothing else on

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Thu May 16, 2019 7:42 pm

Apparently Arron Banks funds Nigel, who knew ! i'm shocked i tell you, shocked, this is a game changer.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 pm

"Nigel, who is paying for all this now?"

"Russians" Haha. That will trigger a few more when it's on later

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 7:58 pm

Guess it more to do with that he's not been forthcoming about it.

And Nigel does like to play the victim card

And what have we here.....

Apparently the story isn't credible, but its also evidence of a computer hack.

https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/status ... 2598345728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vote for Brexit by all means, but this guy is as dodgy as they come.

TonbridgeClaret
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by TonbridgeClaret » Thu May 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Farage has a car and driver supplied like some other party leaders, he has an office in Westminster supplied - like every other party leader. He has a house rented in London - like some party leaders and several MPs. That was poor even by Channel 4 standards. Farage is attacked by the mainstream media just before an election, what a surprise! There was a surge in support for the Brexit Party after Andrew Marr's attempted hatchet job. This type of destructive journalism convinces me, and probably several others to vote for Farage even more.
Last edited by TonbridgeClaret on Thu May 16, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Thu May 16, 2019 8:11 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu May 16, 2019 8:15 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Dry your eyes mate, 100k people have paid 25 quid each.
Imagine giving your money to that crank!

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Thu May 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm

TonbridgeClaret wrote:Farage has a car and driver supplied - like nearly every other party leader, he has an office in Westminster supplied - like every other party leader. He has a house supplied in London - like some party leaders and several MPs. That was poor even by Channel 4 standards. Farage is attacked by the mainstream media just before an election, what a surprise! There was a surge in support for the Brexit Party after Andrew Marr's attempted hatchet job. This type of destructive journalism convinces me, and probably several others to vote for Farage even more.
Are you sure leaders of all political parties get the above? Especially given has his party has zero seats in the House of Commons.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 8:27 pm

TonbridgeClaret wrote:Farage has a car and driver supplied like some other party leaders, he has an office in Westminster supplied - like every other party leader. He has a house rented in London - like some party leaders and several MPs. That was poor even by Channel 4 standards. Farage is attacked by the mainstream media just before an election, what a surprise! There was a surge in support for the Brexit Party after Andrew Marr's attempted hatchet job. This type of destructive journalism convinces me, and probably several others to vote for Farage even more.
Amazing. Not even remotely any mention of who funds him.

I'm not surprised though, if you can safely ignore the dangers of Brexit its not a great stretch to ignore how dodgy Farage is.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 pm

If it be your will wrote:A question for either yourself or any other remainers out there: If you voted to leave the EU, and still want to leave the EU, who would you vote for in these elections?
Depends on how much I knew about the effects of leaving to be honest. Probably Conservative though.

I don't mind people on here with a credible idea of how to leave, who accept that there might be problems and we are going to have to deal with it.

Thats basically you and Damo!

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Wasn’t Marr’s “hatchet job” not just him asking Farage about comments he’s previously made?

Like they do with most politicians?
These 3 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret nil_desperandum longsidepies