Transfer window open

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Re: Transfer window open

Post by NL Claret » Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 pm

£13m for a left back who has played less than 40 championship games, makes it an inflated market already. It could be a rough ride on UTC over the next few months.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:53 pm

boatshed bill wrote:No, Tiger, that's exactly what we do: Gibson and Vydra for how much?
True but you'd hope both will feature more next season,their combined transfer fees alone total north of 25 million.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:10 pm

NL Claret wrote:New GK to replace Joe and Pope.

New LB as cover for Taylor

New CM for Cork

New CF for bench.

Wouldn't expect much else unless any first team regulars leave.

Big difference next season is that we will have an uninterrupted pre-season. Don't think too many changes will take place. Those who crave big money signings will be left disappointed and cry all transfer window on UTC.
I'd agree with most of that,if we rack in 15 million for Pope,that plus the Vokes fee should allow us to strengthen those areas without spending crazy amounts,we definitely need some presence in the middle of the park,ideally we would get Defour off the books,but i'm afraid we're stuck with sick note for another year ditto Brady.

Important point about the pre-season clearly the early start and Thursday/Sundays didn't help us build a rhythm to our season,i'm not sure how much people expect BFC to splash out on transfers,Wood and Gibson where 15 million each,unless we offer 20 million+ for Che Adams,which i doubt then i can't see that record being broken in this window.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7190 times

Post by Quicknick » Mon May 20, 2019 1:59 am

From what I've seen of Che Adams, albeit on YouTube, he would be a great signing.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3161 times
Has Liked: 6752 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon May 20, 2019 8:55 am

tiger76 wrote:True but you'd hope both will feature more next season,their combined transfer fees alone total north of 25 million.
You'd certainly expect them to participate although SD doesn't do squad rotation

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Mon May 20, 2019 10:19 am

BurnleyFC wrote:Eddie’s throwing a shed load of money at it at Bournemouth again.
You can see they generally have quite a focused transfer policy. Young players, often British or have been in the UK for a while, with the potential to increase significantly in value. There's going to be a few misses (although with the market as it is then you can probably make most of the money back just because getting a young player carries a premium) but others where they'll make a lot of money.

Even players like Mings, who looked like he might not pan out, can spend some time in the championship and after a decent season be worth at least what they paid for him.

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Mon May 20, 2019 10:22 am

In terms of Che Adams, the story seems to be that we lowballed the fee as Birmingham are in significant financial trouble. This hasn't really changed so there's probably a limit as to how long they can keep holding out for a larger fee. Obviously the issue is if other clubs decide to bid more.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 519 times

Post by beddie » Mon May 20, 2019 11:23 am

aggi wrote:In terms of Che Adams, the story seems to be that we lowballed the fee as Birmingham are in significant financial trouble. This hasn't really changed so there's probably a limit as to how long they can keep holding out for a larger fee. Obviously the issue is if other clubs decide to bid more.
Hence my post (16). Surely we must have learnt from previous failed actions. He's a strong athletic lad and can score goals, we really need to stop messing about and pay the price. I'm confident in predicting that this lad is going to be a top player, I just hope it's with us.