New home kit

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
burnmark
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:50 am
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 310 times

New home kit

Postby burnmark » Thu May 16, 2019 5:50 pm

The power of Twitter
Attachments
201FCABB-A3A6-4D91-BC48-FDFA4EDF39F9.png
201FCABB-A3A6-4D91-BC48-FDFA4EDF39F9.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 6592 times
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

# 2
edison
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:56 pm
Been Liked: 302 times

Re: New home kit

Postby edison » Thu May 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Not sure about the black jogging bottoms though. I prefer white shorts
These 2 users liked this post: longsidepies juliedoney

# 3
jedi_master
Posts: 2046
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:33 pm
Been Liked: 1038 times
Has Liked: 325 times
Location: Chesterfield

Re: New home kit

Postby jedi_master » Thu May 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Can anyone work out who the sponsor is?

Looks alright.

# 4
thelaughingclaret
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:23 pm
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Re: New home kit

Postby thelaughingclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 5:56 pm

The shirt itself looks OK but that sponsor logo is truly awful.
This user liked this post: juliedoney

# 5
edison
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:56 pm
Been Liked: 302 times

Re: New home kit

Postby edison » Thu May 16, 2019 5:59 pm

all sponsors are - but money

# 6
thelaughingclaret
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:23 pm
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Re: New home kit

Postby thelaughingclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 6:02 pm

edison wrote:all sponsors are - but money

This one looks worse then usually though. Probably the most ugly one we have ever had, though I do think they get worse and worse every year.
In a few years you won’t be able to see the actual shirt it will just be one big Chinese logo.
Actually with this I think we are at that stage now.

# 7
Clarets4me
Posts: 2364
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 pm
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 476 times
Location: Ightenhill,Burnley

Re: New home kit

Postby Clarets4me » Thu May 16, 2019 6:02 pm

but are the socks hooped ? We must be told !!
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

# 8
Sean Dyche's Watch
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:49 pm
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Sean Dyche's Watch » Thu May 16, 2019 6:03 pm

This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

# 9
BertiesBeehole
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:47 pm
Been Liked: 39 times
Has Liked: 1550 times

Re: New home kit

Postby BertiesBeehole » Thu May 16, 2019 6:06 pm

Well done SDW! Was searching myself!

# 10
bfcwest
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:51 pm
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Re: New home kit

Postby bfcwest » Thu May 16, 2019 6:12 pm

If the sponsor is really called "Love Bet", then Burnley FC have achieved a new low.
There are a few clubs who still feel it is morally wrong to have a gambling company as their main sponsor. Sadly Burnley FC just want the money and don't care about their reputation.

# 11
Clarets4me
Posts: 2364
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 pm
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 476 times
Location: Ightenhill,Burnley

Re: New home kit

Postby Clarets4me » Thu May 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Umbro the makers, by the look of the rather blurred logo !

# 12
arise_sir_charge
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am
Been Liked: 285 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: New home kit

Postby arise_sir_charge » Thu May 16, 2019 6:18 pm

bfcwest wrote:If the sponsor is really called "Love Bet", then Burnley FC have achieved a new low.
There are a few clubs who still feel it is morally wrong to have a gambling company as their main sponsor. Sadly Burnley FC just want the money and don't care about their reputation.


Honestly don’t understand the fascination of some folk with whether we have a betting firm or not.

Personally, I don’t see the problem.
These 3 users liked this post: Shore claret tim_noone Juan Tanamera

# 13
ClaretTony
Posts: 26762
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 12221 times
Has Liked: 2351 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: New home kit

Postby ClaretTony » Thu May 16, 2019 6:18 pm

Clarets4me wrote:Umbro the makers, by the look of the rather blurred logo !


100% it’s Umbro next season

# 14
ClaretTony
Posts: 26762
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 12221 times
Has Liked: 2351 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: New home kit

Postby ClaretTony » Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:Honestly don’t understand the fascination of some folk with whether we have a betting firm or not.

Personally, I don’t see the problem.


I think it’s more the social media from the club on betting rather than the shirt.

# 15
jdrobbo
Posts: 3362
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:01 pm
Been Liked: 1982 times
Has Liked: 492 times
Location: Leeds

Re: New home kit

Postby jdrobbo » Thu May 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Whilst it’s Mental Health Awareness week at present...



A96A79DD-98F8-4659-835D-F8987AE74BDA.jpeg
A96A79DD-98F8-4659-835D-F8987AE74BDA.jpeg (593.13 KiB) Viewed 6270 times


13BA397F-B60F-45EE-B6F6-5C36A18B457F.jpeg
13BA397F-B60F-45EE-B6F6-5C36A18B457F.jpeg (391.5 KiB) Viewed 6270 times


A96A79DD-98F8-4659-835D-F8987AE74BDA.jpeg
A96A79DD-98F8-4659-835D-F8987AE74BDA.jpeg (593.13 KiB) Viewed 6270 times
Attachments
29C36198-1E39-4673-8864-337A9AAD0BD2.png
29C36198-1E39-4673-8864-337A9AAD0BD2.png (495.27 KiB) Viewed 6270 times
This user liked this post: longsidepies

# 16
JohnMac
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:11 pm
Been Liked: 1451 times
Has Liked: 2242 times
Location: Padiham

Re: New home kit

Postby JohnMac » Thu May 16, 2019 6:33 pm

I think the Sponsor is Chois Kitchen Padiham :D

# 17
ClaretAndJew
Posts: 5695
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 1925 times
Has Liked: 438 times
Location: Earth

Re: New home kit

Postby ClaretAndJew » Thu May 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Image

# 18
bfccrazy
Posts: 4357
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 376 times
Location: Burnley

Re: New home kit

Postby bfccrazy » Thu May 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Loved the concept kits done a few days ago - I’d of probably got all 3 if they were made and I don’t generally buy shirts for myself now.

10997BE2-C041-4440-88EF-FE1321999C38.jpeg
10997BE2-C041-4440-88EF-FE1321999C38.jpeg (26.39 KiB) Viewed 6175 times


B7F4FECF-6436-4A51-887C-9DE7A0138C8F.jpeg
B7F4FECF-6436-4A51-887C-9DE7A0138C8F.jpeg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 6175 times


90971738-0A0D-41AB-9A90-63184A1EFFBC.jpeg
90971738-0A0D-41AB-9A90-63184A1EFFBC.jpeg (28.34 KiB) Viewed 6175 times


These actual shirts don’t look that good to me personally.

# 19
ClaretTony
Posts: 26762
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 12221 times
Has Liked: 2351 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: New home kit

Postby ClaretTony » Thu May 16, 2019 6:48 pm

bfccrazy wrote:Loved the concept kits done a few days ago - I’d of probably got all 3 if they were made and I don’t generally buy shirts for myself now.

These actual shirts don’t look that good to me personally.


Not sure we can expect those three colours

# 20
bfccrazy
Posts: 4357
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 376 times
Location: Burnley

Re: New home kit

Postby bfccrazy » Thu May 16, 2019 6:51 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Not sure we can expect those three colours


I know.... these were just concept kits which I think would have looked good.

The LOVEBET has already put me off buying a shirt for myself though being honest. It’s just not something I’d fancy having across my shirt.
This user liked this post: bfcwest

# 21
Chester Perry
Posts: 5783
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 am
Been Liked: 887 times
Has Liked: 302 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Chester Perry » Thu May 16, 2019 6:56 pm

I am assuming that because we have changed sponsor , that the new ones are paying more - it is to be hoped so given the state of the logo

# 22
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15185
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5884 times
Has Liked: 8490 times

Re: New home kit

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Shirt itself looks brilliant. Best in a long time.

Ruined by a big daft sponsors logo.
This user liked this post: Blackrod

# 23
Pickles
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 pm
Been Liked: 226 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Pickles » Thu May 16, 2019 7:02 pm

It'll never happen but all Premier League clubs should either have blank shirts or charities on the front of shirts. Burnley continuously tell us they're a community, family club and yet continue feverishly selling large components of the club (shirt, parts of the ground) to companies which negatively affect a massive section of the population. Also, I don't know what the gambling companies get out of it. But hey. It's not going to stop.

As for the design of the actual shirt, it looks smart and sparse.
This user liked this post: bob-the-scutter

# 24
ClaretTony
Posts: 26762
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 12221 times
Has Liked: 2351 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: New home kit

Postby ClaretTony » Thu May 16, 2019 7:06 pm

I think the Puma kits were going worse and worse but I think there’s been more say on the Umbro kits. I took one look at the LABA logo though last year and said no thanks to buying one. I suspect it will be the same this year.

The problem is that the Far East betting companies offer significantly more money than we can get elsewhere.

# 25
Pickles
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 pm
Been Liked: 226 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Pickles » Thu May 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Just to add - I don't have a problem with it being an Asian sponsor, I quite like it. It's just the gambling thing. But hey ho.

# 26
Claretmatt4
Posts: 3420
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:31 am
Been Liked: 918 times
Has Liked: 592 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Claretmatt4 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Feel honoured that this gambling firm dont mind us putting our logo on THEIR shirt.

# 27
Longsidebogs
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 5:38 pm
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 63 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Longsidebogs » Thu May 16, 2019 7:14 pm

Deffo won’t be buying that!

# 28
bob-the-scutter
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:25 pm
Been Liked: 383 times
Has Liked: 891 times

Re: New home kit

Postby bob-the-scutter » Thu May 16, 2019 7:14 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:Honestly don’t understand the fascination of some folk with whether we have a betting firm or not.

Personally, I don’t see the problem.

The reason is the same if we were sponsored by WHITE LIGHTENING CIDER or BENSON & HEDGES.
Wont be long before the gambling parasites go the same way as fags and booze and will be good riddance.
I for one will not buy our shirt as long as it`s sponsored by these scummy firms!
Last edited by bob-the-scutter on Fri May 17, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

# 29
theroyaldyche
Posts: 2048
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Re: New home kit

Postby theroyaldyche » Thu May 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Was doin the rounds earlier om whatsapp. Pictures being done today for the club shop banners for next seasons kit

# 30
agreenwood
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Been Liked: 439 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Re: New home kit

Postby agreenwood » Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Is that a colllar?

If so, I’m writing it off already.

# 31
jrgbfc
Posts: 2183
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 pm
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Re: New home kit

Postby jrgbfc » Thu May 16, 2019 7:28 pm

The club do all they can to paint themselves as a community club when it suits them, but we really have sold our soul to these betting companies, quite sad really.

# 32
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15185
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5884 times
Has Liked: 8490 times

Re: New home kit

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 16, 2019 7:31 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I think the Puma kits were going worse and worse but I think there’s been more say on the Umbro kits. I took one look at the LABA logo though last year and said no thanks to buying one. I suspect it will be the same this year.

The problem is that the Far East betting companies offer significantly more money than we can get elsewhere.

If we won a game or two more we probably wouldve earnt more in tv rights than we will get for the full sponsorship agreement.

Morals over money everytime though. Id sooner have park view chippy on the front than a bookies. No matter what they pay.

# 33
duncandisorderly
Posts: 1502
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 pm
Been Liked: 619 times
Has Liked: 150 times

Re: New home kit

Postby duncandisorderly » Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 pm

The best kit we've had since we joined the big boys league is our first, with Cooke (Cookes? can't remember if there was an S at the end). Everything since has been rubbish, everything before is laced with nostalgia.

My favourite ever kit would be that season we didn't have a sponsor, kevin ball tackle etc, that year. If the kit itself wasn't so shiny.

# 34
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15185
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 5884 times
Has Liked: 8490 times

Re: New home kit

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:Everything since has been rubbish, everything before is laced with nostalgia.


You are right. I dont mind puma kits tbh. But every kit from 2009 and before i could tell you when we wore it and how we did in it.

2010 since i couldnt tell you a thing. I dont know which we went up frst time under dyche. Which we went down in. The 23 undefeated shirt. The european qualification shirt. Honestly couldnt tell you.

# 35
arise_sir_charge
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am
Been Liked: 285 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: New home kit

Postby arise_sir_charge » Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 pm

The same people that complain about the betting firms will in a lot of cases the same that expect us to spend loads on players.

Can’t have it both ways. Take the best deal, within reason.

It’s much a do about nothing for me.
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Foshiznik

# 36
bfccrazy
Posts: 4357
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 376 times
Location: Burnley

Re: New home kit

Postby bfccrazy » Thu May 16, 2019 7:53 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:The same people that complain about the betting firms will in a lot of cases the same that expect us to spend loads on players.

Can’t have it both ways. Take the best deal, within reason.

It’s much a do about nothing for me.


The sponsorship for the shirt won’t even cover Lennon and Defours wages and medical bills for a season.

I doubt we have the £63535352738 a season deal that Barca/United do.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

# 37
Billy Balfour
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Been Liked: 342 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Billy Balfour » Thu May 16, 2019 8:06 pm

I hope this is someone's idea of a joke and it's been photoshopped. It looks like a wearable sandwich board.

# 38
arise_sir_charge
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am
Been Liked: 285 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: New home kit

Postby arise_sir_charge » Thu May 16, 2019 8:11 pm

bfccrazy wrote:The sponsorship for the shirt won’t even cover Lennon and Defours wages and medical bills for a season.

I doubt we have the £63535352738 a season deal that Barca/United do.


Still need the money though.

# 39
Billy Balfour
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Been Liked: 342 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Billy Balfour » Thu May 16, 2019 8:15 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:Still need the money though.


At the expense of our team looking like a bunch of blokes wearing advertising sandwich board? Nope, were not that desperate for money.

# 40
randomclaret2
Posts: 2881
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm
Been Liked: 1388 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Re: New home kit

Postby randomclaret2 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Im struggling to see the sandwich board likeness

# 41
TheFamilyCat
Posts: 4162
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2305 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Re: New home kit

Postby TheFamilyCat » Thu May 16, 2019 8:20 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:If we won a game or two more we probably wouldve earnt more in tv rights than we will get for the full sponsorship agreement.

Morals over money everytime though. Id sooner have park view chippy on the front than a bookies. No matter what they pay.


Yes, let’s promote obesity.

# 42
Bordeauxclaret
Posts: 5097
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:36 pm
Been Liked: 1606 times
Has Liked: 809 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Bordeauxclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 8:27 pm

Bentley currently on twitter telling everyone it’s only about the cash.

# 43
Cubanclaret
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:35 am
Been Liked: 195 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Cubanclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 pm

Bring back ‘endsleigh’

# 44
randomclaret2
Posts: 2881
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm
Been Liked: 1388 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Re: New home kit

Postby randomclaret2 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 pm

We've been sponsored by gambling companies for probably 7 of the last 9 seasons ...its not a new thing.

# 45
arise_sir_charge
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am
Been Liked: 285 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: New home kit

Postby arise_sir_charge » Thu May 16, 2019 8:32 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:At the expense of our team looking like a bunch of blokes wearing advertising sandwich board? Nope, were not that desperate for money.


If we didn’t take the money we’d be disadvantaging ourselves further against the rest of the league.

People saying “take a principled stance” etc must forget the David Reeves bucket collection and the Dave Edmundson 500 miles campaign which would have raised a fraction of what one year of a Chinese betting firm sponsorship will do.

We are at the top table and need to maximise all we can to stay there for as along as we can. If taking £2m from a Chinese firms allows us to stretch to get a transfer over the line then so be it. I’m all for it.

It’s not breaking rules, get on with it.

# 46
bfccrazy
Posts: 4357
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 376 times
Location: Burnley

Re: New home kit

Postby bfccrazy » Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:If we didn’t take the money we’d be disadvantaging ourselves further against the rest of the league.

People saying “take a principled stance” etc must forget the David Reeves bucket collection and the Dave Edmundson 500 miles campaign which would have raised a fraction of what one year of a Chinese betting firm sponsorship will do.

We are at the top table and need to maximise all we can to stay there for as along as we can. If taking £2m from a Chinese firms allows us to stretch to get a transfer over the line then so be it. I’m all for it.

It’s not breaking rules, get on with it.



I think you’re mixing up how people feel - We know we’re at the top table but if it means losing the soul of the club more and more each season - It’s a sorry sight.

I remember the 500 miles campaign etc .... but there was a reason that the buckets got filled, and it wasn’t an asian betting company dropping £ coins into it.

# 47
Billy Balfour
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Been Liked: 342 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Re: New home kit

Postby Billy Balfour » Thu May 16, 2019 8:47 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:People saying “take a principled stance” etc must forget the David Reeves bucket collection and the Dave Edmundson 500 miles campaign which would have raised a fraction of what one year of a Chinese betting firm sponsorship will do.


Right, first off I'm not saying anything about taking a principled stance. Secondly, you make it sound like this is the only company in the whole world who want to sponsor us. Thirdly, you would have thought that someone at the club must have realised just how crap the shirt looks with its oversized font.

BTW: I also don't need a lecture about how skint we were. I was there, mate.

# 48
occ-claret
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:40 pm
Been Liked: 24 times

Re: New home kit

Postby occ-claret » Thu May 16, 2019 8:59 pm

It might not look the best but it's not breaking any rules and they will have paid good money so good luck to them. Everywhere you look around the ground there is gambling adverts do you want those on the cricket field pulled down or the electronic advertising boards unplugged? Probably not so why can't it be on a shirt

# 49
arise_sir_charge
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am
Been Liked: 285 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: New home kit

Postby arise_sir_charge » Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:Right, first off I'm not saying anything about taking a principled stance. Secondly, you make it sound like this is the only company in the whole world who want to sponsor us. Thirdly, you would have thought that someone at the club must have realised just how crap the shirt looks with its oversized font.

BTW: I also don't need a lecture about how skint we were. I was there, mate.


Ok mate.

So your only objection is how it looks? Fair enough if so.

I’m sure multiple firms would sponsor us but we surely have to take the best deal, so long as it’s legal.

I’m also reserving judgement on how ‘crap’ the shirt looks from an angled photo of a few blokes sat in a stand wearing them.

# 50
deanothedino
Posts: 906
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:34 am
Been Liked: 565 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Re: New home kit

Postby deanothedino » Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Pickles wrote:It'll never happen but all Premier League clubs should either have blank shirts or charities on the front of shirts. Burnley continuously tell us they're a community, family club and yet continue feverishly selling large components of the club (shirt, parts of the ground) to companies which negatively affect a massive section of the population. Also, I don't know what the gambling companies get out of it. But hey. It's not going to stop.

As for the design of the actual shirt, it looks smart and sparse.

They get worldwide advertising obviously.
This user liked this post: fusco


Return to “The Bee Hole End”