Walters on Talksport

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
PremierLeagueClass
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:49 pm
Been Liked: 22 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Walters on Talksport

Postby PremierLeagueClass » Fri May 17, 2019 8:44 am

Currently on Talksport, anybody listening?

Apparently Bardsley was out at the back end of the season because he cut his legs to ribbons after falling through a head tennis table!

# 2
ClaretAndJew
Posts: 5989
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2021 times
Has Liked: 445 times
Location: Earth

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby ClaretAndJew » Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 am

He took a picture of the wound on Instagram. Was awful.

# 3
Lord Beamish
Posts: 4202
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 1894 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Lord Beamish » Fri May 17, 2019 9:09 am

PremierLeagueClass wrote:Currently on Talksport, anybody listening?

Apparently Bardsley was out at the back end of the season because he cut his legs to ribbons after falling through a head tennis table!

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Head Tennis Table?

# 4
claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 917 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:12 am

Lord Beamish wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Head Tennis Table?



:D

# 5
Bosscat
Posts: 4865
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1466 times
Has Liked: 3923 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Bosscat » Fri May 17, 2019 9:29 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote::D

...https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headis

# 6
ClaretTony
Posts: 30256
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13749 times
Has Liked: 2670 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby ClaretTony » Fri May 17, 2019 9:31 am

PremierLeagueClass wrote:Apparently Bardsley was out at the back end of the season because he cut his legs to ribbons after falling through a head tennis table!


Dyche told us that after he'd missed the Bournemouth game. He was fit again towards the end of the season but Lowton kept his place.

# 7
ClaretTony
Posts: 30256
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13749 times
Has Liked: 2670 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby ClaretTony » Fri May 17, 2019 9:36 am

On the subject of Walters on Talksport, and he's also done Football Focus and live games on Sky recently, he was featured in the Arsenal programme and, incredibly, was asked: "What's your current job?"

He said: "It's sad I'm coming to the end of my playing career and I'm gutted I never really got to play with the players in the changing room at Burnley. It's very frustrating, but I always say 'what's meant to be, is meant to be'. You can only deal with what's thrown at you.

I've got media work lined up and I'm really enjoying that. I will do my coaching badges, but I like the other side of football as well, and I'll take a few different paths and see what I enjoy the most. They say if you enjoy it, you never do a day's work."

# 8
scouseclaret
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:29 pm
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby scouseclaret » Fri May 17, 2019 9:36 am

I never knew that was a thing.

Still, how did he manage to cut his leg playing it? He must’ve climbed on the table?!!

# 9
Chester Perry
Posts: 6795
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 am
Been Liked: 972 times
Has Liked: 324 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Chester Perry » Fri May 17, 2019 10:12 am

scouseclaret wrote:I never knew that was a thing.

Still, how did he manage to cut his leg playing it? He must’ve climbed on the table?!!


These things happen when you are as competitive as our lot are - especially Bardsley. Barnes and Mee

# 10
Steve1956
Posts: 6800
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2099 times
Has Liked: 1068 times
Location: Fife

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Steve1956 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:24 am

20190517_102223.jpg
20190517_102223.jpg (128.61 KiB) Viewed 2658 times

# 11
Steve1956
Posts: 6800
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2099 times
Has Liked: 1068 times
Location: Fife

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Steve1956 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:27 am

Looks a bad injury,Tabletennis .....nooooooo!

# 12
Hipper
Posts: 2385
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:33 pm
Been Liked: 478 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Hipper » Fri May 17, 2019 1:01 pm

The link above says headis (head table tennis) is played using a table tennis table. I can imagine that if your eyes or focused on heading the ball you 'take your eyes off' the table. I wonder if there are a lot of injuries with this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnzLRKfQnY

# 13
bob-the-scutter
Posts: 1183
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:25 pm
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 910 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby bob-the-scutter » Fri May 17, 2019 1:05 pm

It's like a Monty Python sketch.

# 14
Dougall
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:50 pm
Been Liked: 92 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Dougall » Fri May 17, 2019 1:24 pm

ClaretTony wrote:On the subject of Walters on Talksport, and he's also done Football Focus and live games on Sky recently, he was featured in the Arsenal programme and, incredibly, was asked: "What's your current job?"

He said: "It's sad I'm coming to the end of my playing career and I'm gutted I never really got to play with the players in the changing room at Burnley. It's very frustrating, but I always say 'what's meant to be, is meant to be'. You can only deal with what's thrown at you.

I've got media work lined up and I'm really enjoying that. I will do my coaching badges, but I like the other side of football as well, and I'll take a few different paths and see what I enjoy the most. They say if you enjoy it, you never do a day's work."

Whenever I've heard him speak, I've been quietly impressed, and each time I've been left with the impression that he did feel part of something special here. His quote about being gutted etc. would appear to bear that out.
When we signed him, I was pleased - because he was such an important (and big match) player for Stoke.
Shame it didn't happen for him here.

# 15
ClaretTony
Posts: 30256
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13749 times
Has Liked: 2670 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby ClaretTony » Fri May 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Dougall wrote:Whenever I've heard him speak, I've been quietly impressed, and each time I've been left with the impression that he did feel part of something special here. His quote about being gutted etc. would appear to bear that out.
When we signed him, I was pleased - because he was such an important (and big match) player for Stoke.
Shame it didn't happen for him here.


Every one you speak to about him will tell you what a good bloke he is. I thought he’d be an excellent signing but unfortunately his injuries put paid to that.

# 16
Woonderbah
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:03 am
Been Liked: 144 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Woonderbah » Fri May 17, 2019 5:27 pm

Mee would've run that off
These 2 users liked this post: IanMcL dougcollins

# 17
bfcjg
Posts: 4840
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 1769 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby bfcjg » Fri May 17, 2019 5:38 pm

I thought it was a photo of ladies bits until I put my glasses on.

# 18
IanMcL
Posts: 14246
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:27 pm
Been Liked: 2798 times
Has Liked: 3084 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby IanMcL » Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Dyche told us that after he'd missed the Bournemouth game. He was fit again towards the end of the season but Lowton kept his place.

Surely, Mr Dyche.

# 19
Cirrus_Minor
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:20 pm
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 467 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Cirrus_Minor » Fri May 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Surprised Bardsley wasn’t fined by the club.

# 20
Rick_Muller
Posts: 4462
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:53 am
Been Liked: 1928 times
Has Liked: 4814 times
Location: -90.000000, 0.000000

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Rick_Muller » Fri May 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:Surprised Bardsley wasn’t fined by the club.

I think it was team building at the club and it got a bit competitive - at least that’s how I understood it

# 21
bfcmik
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:03 pm
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 554 times
Location: Solihull Geriatric Centre

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby bfcmik » Fri May 17, 2019 7:33 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:Surprised Bardsley wasn’t fined by the club.

As if the club would ever tell us if anything like that actually happened. Why would they?

# 22
tim_noone
Posts: 10905
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2744 times
Has Liked: 10001 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby tim_noone » Fri May 17, 2019 7:40 pm

bfcjg wrote:I thought it was a photo of ladies bits until I put my glasses on.

Looks Like a Fat Ar$e to me......with glasses! :shock:

# 23
Bordeauxclaret
Posts: 5530
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:36 pm
Been Liked: 1741 times
Has Liked: 900 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Bordeauxclaret » Fri May 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Just seen a clip.

The big question surely is.... what is going on with Alan Brazil? Did he get trapped on a sunbed?

# 24
ClaretTony
Posts: 30256
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13749 times
Has Liked: 2670 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby ClaretTony » Fri May 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:Surprised Bardsley wasn’t fined by the club.


I believe he might have been. I’m told that someone wasn’t very happy with it.

# 25
ClaretTony
Posts: 30256
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13749 times
Has Liked: 2670 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby ClaretTony » Fri May 17, 2019 7:50 pm

bfcmik wrote:As if the club would ever tell us if anything like that actually happened. Why would they?


They did - Dyche said it after Bournemouth game.

# 26
South West Claret.
Posts: 5023
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:55 pm
Been Liked: 693 times
Has Liked: 469 times
Location: Devon

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby South West Claret. » Fri May 17, 2019 10:08 pm

Looks a good way of strengthening neck muscles for heading the ball doesn't it, but wonder why they don’t use a normal 5 size ball.

# 27
Paul Waine
Posts: 4867
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:28 pm
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 1421 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Paul Waine » Fri May 17, 2019 11:48 pm

And, Crouchie on "Graham Norton" - though hosted by Jack Whitehall tonight.

Said nothing, or not that I heard, about his contract for next season. ;)

# 28
Wile E Coyote
Posts: 5908
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:22 pm
Been Liked: 1877 times
Has Liked: 1061 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby Wile E Coyote » Sat May 18, 2019 12:11 am

anyone who agrees to go on talk sport is best forgotten about.

# 29
deanothedino
Posts: 989
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:34 am
Been Liked: 579 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby deanothedino » Sat May 18, 2019 7:24 am

ClaretTony wrote:They did - Dyche said it after Bournemouth game.

He didn’t tell us anyone was fined. Which is what the poster was saying.

South West Claret. wrote:Looks a good way of strengthening neck muscles for heading the ball doesn't it, but wonder why they don’t use a normal 5 size ball.


A size 5 would be way too big to be using on a table tennis table

# 30
claptrappers_union
Posts: 1934
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 551 times
Has Liked: 102 times
Location: The Banana Stand

Re: Walters on Talksport

Postby claptrappers_union » Sat May 18, 2019 7:57 am



Return to “The Bee Hole End”