Kompany

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
theroyaldyche
Posts: 2561
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm
Been Liked: 477 times
Has Liked: 231 times

Kompany

Postby theroyaldyche » Sun May 19, 2019 9:13 am

Sign him on?

# 2
taio
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1437 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Re: Kompany

Postby taio » Sun May 19, 2019 9:14 am

Would never happen.

# 3
FactualFrank
Posts: 15773
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 4307 times
Has Liked: 7629 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Kompany

Postby FactualFrank » Sun May 19, 2019 9:14 am

China, no doubt.

# 4
Devils_Advocate
Posts: 3998
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 1360 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Re: Kompany

Postby Devils_Advocate » Sun May 19, 2019 9:18 am

He's a better finisher than Barnes so could do a job for Dyche upfront

# 5
taio
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1437 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Re: Kompany

Postby taio » Sun May 19, 2019 9:22 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:He's a better finisher than Barnes so could do a job for Dyche upfront


Why do you bother trolling with such constant sh1te?
These 3 users liked this post: bobinho Bosscat paulatky

# 6
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15825
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 6154 times
Has Liked: 8821 times

Re: Kompany

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 19, 2019 9:32 am

Could be the answer for goals from midfield after that Leicester goal!

Been an incredible player. Still is. But age and injuries are why we should be cautious around such signings with the average age of our team. Not to mention our players and fans dislike of signing older, experienced and talented players from bigger clubs.

Imagine the meltdown if we had him alongside Hart in front of Heaton and Mee.

# 7
rufus lumley
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:22 pm
Been Liked: 68 times
Has Liked: 7 times
Location: standing like a clock on the shelf

Re: Kompany

Postby rufus lumley » Sun May 19, 2019 9:35 am

His commitment to a Manchester homeless charity would be hard to keep up if he is based in China.He would be better placed playing in the north west and still helping the homeless.

# 8
Devils_Advocate
Posts: 3998
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 1360 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Re: Kompany

Postby Devils_Advocate » Sun May 19, 2019 9:38 am

taio wrote:Why do you bother trolling with such constant sh1te?

Im not trolling. Its obviously not serious and just a reference to the amazing goal he scored the other week. Why dont you just ignore my posts if you dont like them like most people do

# 9
Local cricketer
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon May 13, 2019 5:46 pm
Been Liked: 92 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Re: Kompany

Postby Local cricketer » Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 am

2 year deal at Salford city

# 10
mdd2
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1053 times
Has Liked: 457 times

Re: Kompany

Postby mdd2 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 am

Think his local family ties and his bank balance would keep him in the NW but he may wish to hang his boots up as pretty sure City will have offered him another season and even a 3 year deal with us will be less than a year with City financially.

# 11
mdd2
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1053 times
Has Liked: 457 times

Re: Kompany

Postby mdd2 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:44 am

mdd2 wrote:Think his local family ties and his bank balance would keep him in the NW but he may wish to hang his boots up as pretty sure City will have offered him another season and even a 3 year deal with us will be less than a year with City financially.

Not sure Joe Hart would give him a glowing report of our club and I would not like to see Hart still here next season. Also lets not forget what happened the last time we started taking City's oldies.

# 12
taio
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1437 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Re: Kompany

Postby taio » Sun May 19, 2019 9:44 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:Im not trolling. Its obviously not serious and just a reference to the amazing goal he scored the other week. Why dont you just ignore my posts if you dont like them like most people do


I do ignore the vast majority like most people do. But I'm curious as to what motivates you and your relentless campaign to post complete ********. Can't put my finger on whether it's trolling, attention seeking or dislike, or a combination of each.
These 2 users liked this post: paulatky elwaclaret

# 13
Danieljwaterhouse
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:55 pm
Been Liked: 124 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Re: Kompany

Postby Danieljwaterhouse » Sun May 19, 2019 9:47 am

taio wrote:Why do you bother trolling with such constant sh1te?

Woooossaaahhh fella!

I think he was making reference to the spank he gave it into the top bins....
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

# 14
Devils_Advocate
Posts: 3998
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 1360 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Re: Kompany

Postby Devils_Advocate » Sun May 19, 2019 9:48 am

taio wrote:I do ignore the vast majority like most people do. But I'm curious as to what motivates you and your relentless campaign to post complete ********. Can't put my finger on whether it's trolling, attention seeking or dislike, or a combination of each.

none of the above so your curiosity will have to continue im afraid. I know the feeling as I often wonder the same about the absolute boll*cks you post on the political threads. I even wonder sometime that you actually believe the nonsense you spout

# 15
Bordeauxclaret
Posts: 5522
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:36 pm
Been Liked: 1740 times
Has Liked: 897 times

Re: Kompany

Postby Bordeauxclaret » Sun May 19, 2019 9:50 am

mdd2 wrote:Not sure Joe Hart would give him a glowing report of our club and I would not like to see Hart still here next season. Also lets not forget what happened the last time we started taking City's oldies.



I can’t see us being in for him but Kompany comes across as a clever guy. He’ll know exactly why Hart hasn’t been playing.

# 16
taio
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 am
Been Liked: 1437 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Re: Kompany

Postby taio » Sun May 19, 2019 9:53 am

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:Woooossaaahhh fella!

I think he was making reference to the spank he gave it into the top bins....


You are obviously unfamiliar with his posting history. He's a complete attention seeking troll.
This user liked this post: paulatky

# 17
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15825
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 6154 times
Has Liked: 8821 times

Re: Kompany

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Could be the answer for goals from midfield after that Leicester goal!

Been an incredible player. Still is. But age and injuries are why we should be cautious around such signings with the average age of our team. Not to mention our players and fans dislike of signing older, experienced and talented players from bigger clubs.

Imagine the meltdown if we had him alongside Hart in front of Heaton and Mee.


mdd2 wrote:Not sure Joe Hart would give him a glowing report of our club and I would not like to see Hart still here next season. Also lets not forget what happened the last time we started taking City's oldies.

There we go. 5 posts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

# 18
MRG
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:13 am
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 120 times

Re: Kompany

Postby MRG » Sun May 19, 2019 9:55 am

mdd2 wrote:Not sure Joe Hart would give him a glowing report of our club and I would not like to see Hart still here next season. Also lets not forget what happened the last time we started taking City's oldies.


Ok I’ll take the bait... what happened?

# 19
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15825
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 6154 times
Has Liked: 8821 times

Re: Kompany

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 19, 2019 9:56 am

MRG wrote:Ok I’ll take the bait... what happened?

Must be reference to John Bond.

# 20
John Johnson 1605
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 9:49 am
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Re: Kompany

Postby John Johnson 1605 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:56 am

I’d definitely be in for him.

However, I think he’d be after a different challenge, probably overseas, rather than a move to domestic inferiority.

# 21
arise_sir_charge
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: Kompany

Postby arise_sir_charge » Sun May 19, 2019 10:01 am

Why would Joe Hart not give the club a good reference?

Kompany would be a great signing but I very much doubt it’s likely. Similar with Cahill, that kind of player, in a team set up to defend like we are would be excellent.

# 22
Spijed
Posts: 9674
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1747 times
Has Liked: 759 times

Re: Kompany

Postby Spijed » Sun May 19, 2019 10:17 am

Great defender although he seems to have at least one rash challenge per game. See Lennon.

# 23
mdd2
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1053 times
Has Liked: 457 times

Re: Kompany

Postby mdd2 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:20 am

Yep JB, poor has beens apart from Kevin Reeves who was crocked due to hip arthritis but until he had to retire- mid-season we played some cracking attacking football.Not all his signings had played for him at City but the likes of teflon Hansbury had been with JB at Norwich but I think Joe Gallagher
and Malcom Waldron had never played for JB.

# 24
mdd2
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1053 times
Has Liked: 457 times

Re: Kompany

Postby mdd2 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:21 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:Why would Joe Hart not give the club a good reference?

Kompany would be a great signing but I very much doubt it’s likely. Similar with Cahill, that kind of player, in a team set up to defend like we are would be excellent.

In JH eyes and many other he was put on the bench when he had not made any howlers as a keeper.

# 25
arise_sir_charge
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:36 am
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: Kompany

Postby arise_sir_charge » Sun May 19, 2019 10:29 am

mdd2 wrote:In JH eyes and many other he was put on the bench when he had not made any howlers as a keeper.


Yes but he’s a pro footballer of many years standing. He will know the drill.

# 26
NL Claret
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:37 pm
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Re: Kompany

Postby NL Claret » Sun May 19, 2019 10:37 am

NL opens thread on Kompany and ends up reading tenuous sh1te about Joe Hart. Weird.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

# 27
Steve1956
Posts: 6788
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2093 times
Has Liked: 1067 times
Location: Fife

Re: Kompany

Postby Steve1956 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:38 am

I thought Tommy Hutchinson did a job for us,and I loved watching Mike Summerbee playing in Claret...not all bad from City,with Bond in charge.

# 28
Rileybobs
Posts: 5867
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2506 times
Has Liked: 584 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Kompany

Postby Rileybobs » Sun May 19, 2019 10:39 am

Almost certainly the best leader in the Premier League. A limited player who’s best days are behind him but one who clearly inspires the more talented players who surround him.

I cant imagine Kompany signing for any side that’s not challenging for a title at this stage in his career. I think when it gets to that point he’ll call it a day and retire at the top.

# 29
mdd2
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1053 times
Has Liked: 457 times

Re: Kompany

Postby mdd2 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:45 am

Rileybobs wrote:Almost certainly the best leader in the Premier League. A limited player who’s best days are behind him but one who clearly inspires the more talented players who surround him.

I cant imagine Kompany signing for any side that’s not challenging for a title at this stage in his career. I think when it gets to that point he’ll call it a day and retire at the top.

Do you think he is leaving City before they announced that his contract will not be renewed since staying there offers him his best chance of sliverware.
If he wishes to stay in the NW and play in the Prem then Liverpool won't want him and that leaves us and Everton-wouldn't think he would want to go to Utd

# 30
mdd2
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1053 times
Has Liked: 457 times

Re: Kompany

Postby mdd2 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:47 am

Steve1956 wrote:I thought Tommy Hutchinson did a job for us,and I loved watching Mike Summerbee playing in Claret...not all bad from City,with Bond in charge.

Summerbee was before Bond but he did relegate us before moving to Blackpoll :D
And yes Bond signed a few good ones and lifted Biggins from Matlock Town but he was no Kevin reeves sadly

# 31
NL Claret
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:37 pm
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Re: Kompany

Postby NL Claret » Sun May 19, 2019 10:48 am

mdd2 wrote:Do you think he is leaving City before they announced that his contract will not be renewed since staying there offers him his best chance of sliverware.
If he wishes to stay in the NW and play in the Prem then Liverpool won't want him and that leaves us and Everton-wouldn't think he would want to go to Utd



In a word ......No. City were going to offer him a one year extension.

So it is between us and Everton to sign him :lol:

# 32
Rileybobs
Posts: 5867
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2506 times
Has Liked: 584 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Kompany

Postby Rileybobs » Sun May 19, 2019 10:58 am

mdd2 wrote:Do you think he is leaving City before they announced that his contract will not be renewed since staying there offers him his best chance of sliverware.
If he wishes to stay in the NW and play in the Prem then Liverpool won't want him and that leaves us and Everton-wouldn't think he would want to go to Utd


I know very little of what City have offered him. I also have no idea whether he wants to stay in the north west or England.

I just can’t see a player like Kompany moving to a mid-table or lower club in the PL and accepting sub-par performances from his team mates. For me he would be more likely to move to a big title-contending club in a weaker league.

# 33
NL Claret
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:37 pm
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Re: Kompany

Postby NL Claret » Sun May 19, 2019 11:06 am

Listening to GMR and City fans interviewed mentioned China or MLS, no mention of a small club in East Lancashire.

# 34
FactualFrank
Posts: 15773
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 4307 times
Has Liked: 7629 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Kompany

Postby FactualFrank » Sun May 19, 2019 11:07 am

NL Claret wrote:Listening to GMR and City fans interviewed mentioned China or MLS, no mention of a small club in East Lancashire.


To be fair, I think we all knew he wasn't going to Rovers.

# 35
theroyaldyche
Posts: 2561
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm
Been Liked: 477 times
Has Liked: 231 times

Re: Kompany

Postby theroyaldyche » Sun May 19, 2019 11:11 am

Hes the new player manager of anderlect

# 36
NL Claret
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:37 pm
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Re: Kompany

Postby NL Claret » Sun May 19, 2019 11:13 am

Well that was quick!

# 37
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15825
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 6154 times
Has Liked: 8821 times

Re: Kompany

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 19, 2019 11:16 am

Rileybobs wrote:Almost certainly the best leader in the Premier League. A limited player

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

# 38
cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 15825
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 6154 times
Has Liked: 8821 times

Re: Kompany

Postby cricketfieldclarets » Sun May 19, 2019 11:18 am

theroyaldyche wrote:Hes the new player manager of anderlect

Great move for both imo.

# 39
Rileybobs
Posts: 5867
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2506 times
Has Liked: 584 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Kompany

Postby Rileybobs » Sun May 19, 2019 11:19 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Care to elaborate on the cropped part of my post which you quoted? I know you’re extremely limited yourself but written English would be the grown up way to do this if you want to give it a try?


Return to “The Bee Hole End”