Lancs Vs Worcs

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5277 times

Re: Lancs Vs Worcs

Post by ClaretTony » Wed May 22, 2019 10:36 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:Are any of the larger Lancashire league grounds (Ramsbottom, Haslingden etc) not capable of being an outground? Guessing their facilities might not be suitable?
I wouldn’t have thought so. Not sure which of the grounds would now be considered the best.

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Wed May 22, 2019 10:42 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:Are any of the larger Lancashire league grounds (Ramsbottom, Haslingden etc) not capable of being an outground? Guessing their facilities might not be suitable?
The game at Sedbergh will be limited to 1600 people and is all ticket.

Not sure that any Lancs league ground could offer seats to that capacity.

And whilst those bemoaning where this fixture is being held don't forget that Lancs CCC have held 2nd X1 fixtures at Todmorden for years who are in the Lancashire League but reside in Yorkshire.

Not much difference.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Wed May 22, 2019 11:30 pm

tybfc wrote:The game at Sedbergh will be limited to 1600 people and is all ticket.

Not sure that any Lancs league ground could offer seats to that capacity.

And whilst those bemoaning where this fixture is being held don't forget that Lancs CCC have held 2nd X1 fixtures at Todmorden for years who are in the Lancashire League but reside in Yorkshire.

Not much difference.
Aye, but cricket uses the old boundaries. And on the old county boundaries, Centre Vale is half in Lancashire and half in Yorkshire; both counties use it for second XI matches. Often when playing each other.

tybfc

Post by tybfc » Wed May 22, 2019 11:42 pm

dsr wrote:Aye, but cricket uses the old boundaries. And on the old county boundaries, Centre Vale is half in Lancashire and half in Yorkshire; both counties use it for second XI matches. Often when playing each other.
Loved playing and watching at Tod and a pint afterwards at the Staff of Life.

I don't understand the objections to the Sedbergh fixture when free transport is being provided.
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu May 23, 2019 6:11 am

Most of the whingeing is probably coming from members who live in the Manchester area and are used to having every home game on their doorstep. I'll be going up to Sedbergh if I can get a ticket for the Sunday.

tybfc

Post by tybfc » Thu May 23, 2019 8:07 am

jrgbfc wrote:Most of the whingeing is probably coming from members who live in the Manchester area and are used to having every home game on their doorstep. I'll be going up to Sedbergh if I can get a ticket for the Sunday.
As at Monday this week they had not sold any where near as many tickets as expected and they have been on sale to members for a while so you should be able to get one for the Sunday.

I'm going on the Monday and looking forward to a different ground.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3864 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu May 23, 2019 10:50 am

I was told a couple of years ago Burnley were trying their best to get a Lancashire 2nd team game as it brings in quite a bit of money.
I presume the improvements they would have to make would have been to costly.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm

dsr wrote:Aye, but cricket uses the old boundaries. And on the old county boundaries, Centre Vale is half in Lancashire and half in Yorkshire; both counties use it for second XI matches. Often when playing each other.
The boundary did once run across the ground but throughout all their years in the Lancs League the ground has been exclusively in Yorkshire.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Thu May 23, 2019 1:11 pm

ClaretTony wrote:The boundary did once run across the ground but throughout all their years in the Lancs League the ground has been exclusively in Yorkshire.
So it has. But as I don't recognise any of the various local government reorganisations as validly moving towns from one place to another (I mean, what is the point of "welcome to Lancashire" signs as you leave Blackburn?), then even the 1888 Act makes no difference.

But this is the first time I realised that this particular administrative change was 1888, not 1974. Thanks.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 pm

dsr wrote:So it has. But as I don't recognise any of the various local government reorganisations as validly moving towns from one place to another (I mean, what is the point of "welcome to Lancashire" signs as you leave Blackburn?), then even the 1888 Act makes no difference.

But this is the first time I realised that this particular administrative change was 1888, not 1974. Thanks.
Definitely wasn't 1974. That was when they moved places like Gisburn from Yorkshire into Lancashire much to the displeasure of some in there. The Yorkshire boundary going into Tod is now clearly at the end of the Cliviger boundary.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2005 times
Has Liked: 3346 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Thu May 23, 2019 1:48 pm

I was up at Sedburgh a few weeks ago watching my son play and chatting to some ground staff there it seemed even they weren't absolutely sure at that relatively late stage exactly how they would accommodate the Lancs match, with all the temporary stands, toilets, catering, parking even player changing etc, etc.
On another note I was on OT yesterday for Lancs V Worcestershire and if Worcestershire turn out to be the "best of the rest" in Div 2 then promotion is pretty much assured imo. notwithstanding things looking rather dodgy at 32 for 4 with Livingstone out for a golden. Lovely day, shame about the early finish!