YES! Farage Milkshaked

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Re: YES! Farage Milkshaked

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed May 22, 2019 10:18 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:UKIP had one seat. Some threat.
Yeah, but at the time the talk was about 10-15 seats, which would have been hugely significant.

I'm not praising Farage, but successive Conservative administrations have blamed the EU for everything, backed by the majority of the media and its bound to have an effect.

Add that to people believing what they read on the internet when it comes to Brexit unquestionably, and lots of old people refusing to admit they might not be as well informed about this as they think, and its a pretty toxic mess.

And its going to get a lot worse as well

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed May 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Damo wrote:I reckon we are only a couple of comments away from Eddie asking Elizibeth to fight him :lol:
Ah, Damo, bless him - as thick as ever, unable to even spell "Elizabeth" correctly...............

If you recall, it was Elizabeth/Ringsting who wanted to catch up with me at the Arsenal game. I was going to the cricket club and the match as usual.
Needless to say, the gobby prat didn't show up. All that bravado and eff all to back it up.
Sums him/her up, really. ;)

Your poodle-like support of him/her is commendable but it makes you look even more of a moron than usual but, hey ho, your choice.

Enjoy polling day, fella. Let's hope you can spell "X" ............. :lol:
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed May 22, 2019 10:31 pm

dsr wrote:It's widely believed (just ask Lancaster) that the reason Cameron put the referendum in the 2015 Tory manifesto was because he was frightened of losing too many votes to UKIP, a party who had come to prominence under the leadership of Nigel Farage. Maybe someone else could have done the same job; but they didn't. Farage was leader of UKIP and UKIP were the prime factor in getting the referendum going.
I'm sure UKIP had a little impact but this has been bubbling for much longer than Farage has been around losing elections. I'm sure we all remember Major's bastards.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Wed May 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:UKIP had one seat. Some threat.
One seat, but lots of votes. And enough potential, it was believed, to hurt the Tories in the marginals that Cameron moved the party towards UKIP. The Conservatives defeated UKIP by becoming UKIP. Farage is a bull$hit artist, a conman, and a crypto fascist with suspicious ties to some pretty deplorable human beings. But history is littred with such characters preying on the insecurity and ignorance of pious morons (plenty of them on here), telling them what they think they want to hear (often informed by a process of trial and error) and rousing those idiots to achieve political ends. I don't like where he's taking the country, or how people are dopey enough to allow themselves to be groomed by him, but it doesn't change the fact that dickheads like him have influence over other dickheads.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Wed May 22, 2019 11:07 pm

Eddie is a lightweight, he knows fighting above his weight will add further humiliation to the losers corner.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 pm

Spiral wrote:One seat, but lots of votes. And enough potential, it was believed, to hurt the Tories in the marginals that Cameron moved the party towards UKIP. The Conservatives defeated UKIP by becoming UKIP. Farage is a bull$hit artist, a conman, and a crypto fascist with suspicious ties to some pretty deplorable human beings. But history is littred with such characters preying on the insecurity and ignorance of pious morons (plenty of them on here), telling them what they think they want to hear (often informed by a process of trial and error) and rousing those idiots to achieve political ends. I don't like where he's taking the country, or how people are dopey enough to allow themselves to be groomed by him, but it doesn't change the fact that dickheads like him have influence over other dickheads.
As someone on R4 was saying today, UKIP ate into the Tory vote, but the Tories managed to pick up a lot of LibDem votes to make up for it. This time both Brexit and the LibDems are eating into Tory votes though. Be interesting to see whether that is maintained in the next GE.
Last edited by AndrewJB on Wed May 22, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 pm

Picture the scene. Eddie waiting at the cricket club for a 'catch up'
Men and women passing him by, Eddie hoping one of them would tap him on the shoulder. Would it be a man or would it be a woman?
He wouldn't have a clue. Bless him

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed May 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Picture the scene. Eddie waiting at the cricket club for a 'catch up'
Men and women passing him by, Eddie hoping one of them would tap him on the shoulder. Would it be a man or would it be a woman?
#rattled
These 2 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex evensteadiereddie

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Wed May 22, 2019 11:28 pm

Oh no, not you again. How many times do I have to point out to you that you have been discredited on here so many times that it's time you used a new poster name.
It was a clever angle at the beginning but one that requires continuity at a level beyond your means. It gives me no pleasure to point this out to you but look at your last response to me.
Rattled. Where is the Devil's Advocate in that?

Juxtaposition
Been Liked: 19 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Juxtaposition » Wed May 22, 2019 11:32 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Ah, Damo, bless him - as thick as ever, unable to even spell "Elizabeth" correctly...............

If you recall, it was Elizabeth/Ringsting who wanted to catch up with me at the Arsenal game. I was going to the cricket club and the match as usual.
Needless to say, the gobby prat didn't show up. All that bravado and eff all to back it up.

Your poodle-like support of him/her is commendable but it makes you look even more of a moron than usual but, hey ho, your choice.

You misused what I can only assume were supposed to be ellipses, twice.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed May 22, 2019 11:33 pm

Ringo & Liz
ImageImage

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:40 pm

AndrewJB wrote:As someone on R4 was saying today, UKIP ate into the Tory vote, but the Tories managed to pick up a lot of LibDem votes to make up for it. This time both Brexit and the LibDems are eating into Tory votes though. Be interesting to see whether that is maintained in the next GE.
The LibDem revival is more worrying for the Tories in the longer term,if the Libs poll around 15% in a GE they are bound to take seats from the Conservatives,this added to the likelihood of places such as Mansfield reverting back to Labour,and the Conservatives possibly losing seats in London and Scotland makes a Conservative majority a long shot,whoever is leading the party,divided parties don't win elections history tells us that.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Wed May 22, 2019 11:49 pm

That's going to hurt Eddie but as pointed out that was a 'schoolboy error'

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed May 22, 2019 11:49 pm

aggi wrote:I'm sure UKIP had a little impact but this has been bubbling for much longer than Farage has been around losing elections. I'm sure we all remember Major's bastards.
Agree.
(IMO) UKip had a relatively small impact on Cameron's thinking when he suddenly, apparently without discussing with senior Tory figures, shoved it into the 2016 manifesto. It was a selfish, ill-judged and arrogant gamble intended to secure his own role as a pro-EU Tory leader, and (by winning) effectively healing the deep wound that had been festering in the Tory Party for the best part of 40 years. A clear win for remain, (which tbh was generally anticipated) would have meant that "ERG types" in his party would effectively be silenced, and a narrow win would have given him a mandate to lead a campaign for reform within the EU. He never gave any consideration to the possibility of losing, and had no future plan following a "leave" victory. [It also presumably never occurred to him that if remain had won then it would have strengthened UKip, since with a pro-EU Tory Party all the "brexiteers" both in the Parliamentary Party and throughout the country would have had to gravitate towards UKip, as the only anti-EU party]
Unfortunately for the country he led a totally inept campaign against a background of years of austerity and public dissatisfaction with mainstream politics, thus giving a generally uninformed electorate (and I include all remainers in this as well) the opportunity to give the establishment a damn good kicking.
Any fear he had about UKip was misplaced, since if he'd worked it out, UKip were just as likely to pinch votes from Labour, and in any case with the FPTP system, it's unlikely that UKip would have gained more than a handful of seats. (Maybe a dozen if things went really well for them).
Anyway, senior Tory figures warned him that it would be a terrible mistake, pointing out that the UK rarely has referenda in the UK because they are incompatible with our Parliamentary Sovereignty, and that it would be highly divisive. They were correct.
But Dave was so arrogant that he went ahead and just took remain votes for granted. In doing so, not only did he fail to unite his party and the country, he's almost broken both.
(As people may have noted from previous posts, I'm not a fan of his, and irrespective of how we get ourselves out of this mess, and who is able to bring us back together,* history will not judge him in a good light.)
*It could well be that we will never be united again. Depending on which direction Parliament eventually turns, it's a real possibility that we will see a break-up of the UK in the next 5 years.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Wed May 22, 2019 11:54 pm

A break up of the UK is never going to happen

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 am

Elizabeth wrote:A break up of the UK is never going to happen
So if we end up with the unpalatable option of either a hard border in Ireland, or an alternative of some kind of unification that prevents this, do you really think the majority in Ireland would vote for a hard border?
And I would put it down as a near certainty that if Boris Johnson (who incidentally proposed the use of "Oyster" type cards to tag on and off as a possible solution to the Irish border issue!), becomes PM it will push the Scots over the edge, and the SNP might well prevail

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Thu May 23, 2019 12:13 am

Johnson as a PM, don't be rediculous. :lol:

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu May 23, 2019 12:21 am

South West Claret. wrote:Johnson as a PM, don't be rediculous. :lol:
I agree that it's a ridiculous - preposterous - idea, but they accidentally got Trump in the USA, and unless Tory MPs can do something to stop it, then the unthinkable will happen here too. Then we might be faced with the choice between Johnson and Corbyn. What times we live in.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Thu May 23, 2019 12:25 am

I prefer to talk about logical possibilities rather than the airy fairyness of vacant terms like 'real possibilities' Further, to base that on something as vague as whichever way Parliament eventually turns, is lacking in any firm foundation.
I fail to be convinced that talk of a hard border is anything other than political games and based on what I've read up on, Eire doesn't want a united Ireland. And that's not including the Unionist viewpoint.
I heard today that more Scottish citizens voted for Brexit than voted for Independence. I haven't checked the details but if this is right, and added to other arguments, I don't think the SNP will get any stronger.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:Ah, Damo, bless him - as thick as ever, unable to even spell "Elizabeth" correctly...............

Flown straight off the handle again :lol:

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu May 23, 2019 12:53 am

Elizabeth wrote: I heard today that more Scottish citizens voted for Brexit than voted for Independence. I haven't checked the details but if this is right, and added to other arguments, I don't think the SNP will get any stronger.
You shouldn't believe everything you hear. That's way out. About 60% more voted for independence than Brexit.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu May 23, 2019 1:57 am

Elizabeth wrote:I heard today that more Scottish citizens voted for Brexit than voted for Independence. I haven't checked the details but if this is right, and added to other arguments, I don't think the SNP will get any stronger.
It's not right.

1,617,989 voted for independence from the UK (2,001,926 voted to stay).
1,018,322 voted for Brexit (1,661,191 voted to Remain).

The turnout in the Brexit referendum was much lower (67,2% against 84.6%).

Juxtaposition

Post by Juxtaposition » Thu May 23, 2019 3:27 am

Elizabeth wrote:I prefer to talk about logical possibilities rather than the airy fairyness of vacant terms like 'real possibilities' Further, to base that on something as vague as whichever way Parliament eventually turns, is lacking in any firm foundation.
I fail to be convinced that talk of a hard border is anything other than political games and based on what I've read up on, Eire doesn't want a united Ireland. And that's not including the Unionist viewpoint.
I heard today that more Scottish citizens voted for Brexit than voted for Independence. I haven't checked the details but if this is right, and added to other arguments, I don't think the SNP will get any stronger.

Did you say earlier that you recommend changing usernames when you lose all credibility? I wonder how much credibility you have now that you've shown that you won't bother checking even the most easily checkable pieces of information before you parrot it.

Juxtaposition

Post by Juxtaposition » Thu May 23, 2019 3:29 am

nil_desperandum wrote:I agree that it's a ridiculous - preposterous - idea, but they accidentally got Trump in the USA, and unless Tory MPs can do something to stop it, then the unthinkable will happen here too. Then we might be faced with the choice between Johnson and Corbyn. What times we live in.
With Russian help you should be more worried about a PM Farage.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Thu May 23, 2019 8:27 am

I thought it better to check out what I'd heard from responses on here. Thank you for your help.
Credibility would have only been questioned if I had stated it as fact.
It does not alter my opinion that the SNP will not get the strength of support it needs to break Scotland away from the UK
Last edited by Elizabeth on Thu May 23, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu May 23, 2019 8:29 am

Elizabeth wrote:That's going to hurt Eddie but as pointed out that was a 'schoolboy error'
Aye and an error that actually wasn't. Their use was perfectly correct.

Meanwhile, Ringsting/Elizabeth, glued to the television, eagerly awaits today's election results.
psycho.jpg
psycho.jpg (106.19 KiB) Viewed 2358 times

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu May 23, 2019 8:35 am

Damo wrote:Flown straight off the handle again :lol:

Nah, just showing you up for the ill-educated, ignorant cretin you are. The word "Elizabeth" must have featured on here hundreds of times and it's still beyond you. You make it so easy.
You are perfect Robinson/Farage fodder.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu May 23, 2019 8:48 am

Elizabeth wrote:Picture the scene. Eddie waiting at the cricket club for a 'catch up'
Picture the scene. Eddie sat watching LL cricket for an hour and a half enjoying the Cricket Club's finest and the pre-match atmosphere with Gunners and Burnley fans, not giving a damn about Ringo being full of crap - again - not turning up. He was going to "hunt me down" not all that long ago and, at the Arsenal game, question me, apparently, about him having his neck broken. I know. Most odd.
I really don't know why he makes these stupid statements. Desperation, I guess. Oh, hang on, it was a Friday..... ;)

What relevance the fact that Ringo is not clear whether he's a man or a woman has, I'm not sure but er, each to their own. :?

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu May 23, 2019 10:32 am

Elizabeth wrote:I prefer to talk about logical possibilities rather than the airy fairyness of vacant terms like 'real possibilities' Further, to base that on something as vague as whichever way Parliament eventually turns, is lacking in any firm foundation.
Others have easily corrected you re: Scotland.
Re :Ireland
According to recent polls, 86% of people surveyed in the Republic preferred a united Ireland to a hard border and 62% of people in Northern Ireland believe that Brexit makes a united Ireland more likely. Some form of reunification, perhaps with the north having devolved government at Stormont, would mean Northern Ireland automatically remains in the EU, which they voted for by a good margin.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu May 23, 2019 10:35 am

"Gobby prat" :lol:

Your old grey matter appears to be letting you down!

It was you who wished my "neck broke". Was it not?

And all I said was , my youngest had been invited to a party and a mate of mine was after me going on with him in CFS and that would perhaps give you the opportunity to break my neck for me!

No "bravado" on my part Edward, just a chance to fulfill your wishes old boy.

As it happened the kid who's party it was was poorly and my lad came on with me. And as I explained, saying to a 6 year old, "just stand there love, while I introduce myself to that man. He'd like to break my neck" wouldn't really be appropriate would it?

As I said previously, I'm sure the planets will align and we'll have a catch up.

Anyway I hope the anger management therapy starts to kick in eventually.

And you'll be pleased to hear I've already been to vote.

BREXIT PARTY - X ;)

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:42 am

If you have seen the footage of Femi (not sure who he is exactly) from yesterday then it isn't hard to see why people celebrating the initial milkshake being thrown at someone are stupid.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 pm

IMG_20190523_123526.jpg
IMG_20190523_123526.jpg (332.69 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
This gentleman served is country in the parachute regiment for 22 years.
Today, someone threw a milkshake at him and called him a facist.
Well done to all of the people who encouraged this behaviour, on here or elsewhere
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu May 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Damo wrote:
IMG_20190523_123526.jpg
So what?

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Spijed wrote:So what?

You could start with some respect for your elders
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 23, 2019 1:01 pm

Spijed wrote:So what?
How would you like it if, in 50 years or so, people look back on your brave, internet battle for social justice, with the same contempt you have for people who risked their lives in combat?

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 pm

At least he wasn't shot and stabbed to death.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Great point

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 1:24 pm

Of course, if this has actually happened and isn't just a photo opportunity to smear the "left" then it's disgusting and pointless as it is with the others who have had similar done to them, but this tit for tat back and forth about oh look the left did this, well the right literally murdered someone.

Also why is his old job of any importance? It's to stir up the mouth foaming lunatics who somehow believe every soldier is a massive hero. It's not nice regardless og him being ex military or not.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Stand up to hate protesters hurt by rocks thrown by the far right.

https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday/status ... 79974?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lord Rothbury
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Lord Rothbury » Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Of course, if this has actually happened and isn't just a photo opportunity to smear the "left" then it's disgusting and pointless as it is with the others who have had similar done to them, but this tit for tat back and forth about oh look the left did this, well the right literally murdered someone.

Also why is his old job of any importance? It's to stir up the mouth foaming lunatics who somehow believe every soldier is a massive hero. It's not nice regardless og him being ex military or not.
Maybe the thrower would like to throw another at a serving Para

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 pm

There's desperate and there's desperate, Damo.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Lord Rothbury wrote:Maybe the thrower would like to throw another at a serving Para
The point is they shouldn't throw them at anyone.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 23, 2019 1:47 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Of course, if this has actually happened and isn't just a photo opportunity to smear the "left" then it's disgusting and pointless as it is with the others who have had similar done to them, but this tit for tat back and forth about oh look the left did this, well the right literally murdered someone.

The right didnt murder someone did they?
Some nut job did and literally everyone condemned it.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Damo wrote:The right didnt murder someone did they?
Some nut job did and literally everyone condemned it.
Right-wing terrorist.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 23, 2019 1:51 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:There's desperate and there's desperate, Damo.
It's a post about people throwing milkshakes, on a thread about people throwing milkshakes Eddie.
You may not like it (or me), but that doesn't make it desperate

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu May 23, 2019 1:57 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:"Gobby prat" :lol:

Your old grey matter appears to be letting you down!

It was you who wished my "neck broke". Was it not?

And all I said was , my youngest had been invited to a party and a mate of mine was after me going on with him in CFS and that would perhaps give you the opportunity to break my neck for me!

No "bravado" on my part Edward, just a chance to fulfill your wishes old boy.

As it happened the kid who's party it was was poorly and my lad came on with me. And as I explained, saying to a 6 year old, "just stand there love, while I introduce myself to that man. He'd like to break my neck" wouldn't really be appropriate would it?

As I said previously, I'm sure the planets will align and we'll have a catch up.

Anyway I hope the anger management therapy starts to kick in eventually.

And you'll be pleased to hear I've already been to vote.

BREXIT PARTY - X ;)

Well done, you. Your last two or three years haven't been a complete waste then as your new party sweeps to its Promised Land. Let us know when we get there.
Loving the tired old jibe about the "anger".......angry at you ?
Why would that be ? You're the one who has been screaming ,yelling and stamping your feet at your perceived injustices for all this time. I really couldn't care less re the Brexit shenanigans one way or the other. Sure, it'll cost me a bit more in terms of time and money on my frequent trips abroad but it's Damo and Co, the no-hopers trapped in Burnley and at the mercy of this new breed of populist politican, that I feel sorry for.
If it does go badly awry, they deserve what's coming, I guess.
As I said, you're a loud mouthed, gobby prat who issued a challenge whilst pi$$ed up and then backed down again in the cold light of day. So be it. I don't say that out of anger but contempt. It's no big deal, it just makes you look like a tart. Learn from it.
No doubt you'll have more excuses handy for next season.
Drink responsibly.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 23, 2019 2:03 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Right-wing terrorist.
Yes, a right wing terrorist.
And literally everyone (even the right) condemned it.

Throwing milkshakes is something the left are doing (bare in mind, my post didnt condemn the left, just the people throwing milkshakes and the people who encourage it) and lots of people on the left appear to encourage it.

(I discussed this with greenmile on this thread already, even though he's intelligent enough to know the difference really. I'm explaining again here because I feel like you are not)
Last edited by Damo on Thu May 23, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu May 23, 2019 2:05 pm

[quote="evensteadiereddie"][/quote]

Edward your only "joke" about me being a drunk wasn't funny the first time round. It hasn't got any funnier even after the 500th time! Believe me!

I couldn't care less what everybody thinks of you Edward I think there's a nice person in that angry shell I really do. You keep true to your curmudgeonly self, tiger!

I think you're Grrrrrrrrreat!

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 23, 2019 2:05 pm

[quote="evensteadiereddie"][/quote]
Too thick to use something as simple as the quote function :lol:
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Damo wrote:
IMG_20190523_123526.jpg
Today, someone threw a milkshake at him and called him a facist.
Well done to all of the people who encouraged this behaviour, on here or elsewhere
The bit about him being a soldier is irrelevant but that aside stuff like this is terrible and a sad reflection on what are society has become since Brexit came in to view.

That said Im thankful it was only a milkshake and not a sledgehammer
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum