Hampstead Heath Womens Only Pool

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Hampstead Heath Womens Only Pool

Post by Blackrod » Thu May 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Is now allowing people in who identify as ‘trans’. There is also a male only and mixed sex pool. Thoughts ?

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Re: Hampstead Heath Womens Only Pool

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 6:21 pm

Progression. It's not a scary thing.
These 2 users liked this post: ZizkovClaret Lord Beamish

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Blackrod wrote:Is now allowing people in who identify as ‘trans’. There is also a male only and mixed sex pool. Thoughts ?
Next, you'll be saying women have been given the vote!

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Thu May 23, 2019 6:25 pm

My thought is I can't immediately think of anything I could care less about.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone evensteadiereddie

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu May 23, 2019 6:25 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Progression. It's not a scary thing.
Each to their own but do you really believe all this trans, non binary rubbish is progression?

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Thu May 23, 2019 6:28 pm

What if I identify as a swimming pool?

Women’s only seems a decent deal to me.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Thu May 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Each to their own but do you really believe all this trans, non binary rubbish is progression?
Aye, we wont need to have sex with anyone, but just get ourselves pregnant then you only need one name on birth certificate and no chasing anyone through courts for child support, saving the country a fortune ;)

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2173 times
Has Liked: 3108 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu May 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Each to their own but do you really believe all this trans, non binary rubbish is progression?
Yes. Does it affect you either way?

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Thu May 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Spijed wrote:Next, you'll be saying women have been given the vote!
Do you think they should be given a vote on whether to allow this change?

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu May 23, 2019 6:39 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Yes. Does it affect you either way?
Not me personally but it does effect my children. Being preached to at school and external forces instead of just being allowed to be kids. At present my daughters school which is seriously underfunded is having to invest heavily in new toilets for trans children (5-11), or should I say 1 child because her parents believe it is unfair that their child should have to choose between male and female. That money should be used on books and materials for all the children. Not one that every day changes which sex they decide to be. Truthfully one day a boy the next a girl. The child is just confused, which is okay, but the parents have made such a big deal of it.

Whatever people decide to be they decide to be but they should not preach. I know there are people who wont accept, I am not one of those regardless what you may think. Live and let live but and its a big but I do believe a lot of this is driven by parents trying to make their kids feel special in a world driven by z list celebs and instagrammers
These 2 users liked this post: Blackrod Croydon Claret

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 pm

I think the concepts of gender and sexuality are very complex and as such we should do everything we can to make people feel included in such a way that they feel safe and comfortable.

I have no idea what it's like to believe I am a different gender and it must take a massive emotional toil on a person figuring it out.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Not me personally but it does effect my children. Being preached to at school and external forces instead of just being allowed to be kids. At present my daughters school which is seriously underfunded is having to invest heavily in new toilets for trans children (5-11), or should I say 1 child because her parents believe it is unfair that their child should have to choose between male and female. That money should be used on books and materials for all the children. Not one that every day changes which sex they decide to be. Truthfully one day a boy the next a girl. The child is just confused, which is okay, but the parents have made such a big deal of it.

Whatever people decide to be they decide to be but they should not preach. I know there are people who wont accept, I am not one of those regardless what you may think. Live and let live but and its a big but I do believe a lot of this is driven by parents trying to make their kids feel special in a world driven by z list celebs and instagrammers
You've completely missed the point. You don't decide. It's not a choice.

Blackrod

Post by Blackrod » Thu May 23, 2019 6:42 pm

If I identify as a male on certain days will they not let me in if they have let me in as female or trans on other days. There is a famous pop star who feels like this according to a few articles. Maybe it’s discrimination if not and not that forward thinking. There was a case where a trans that wasn’t really ended up in a female prison and assaulted female prisoners sexually and I think this could stop many women going who it is really intended for. It’s not going to affect me but just thought I’d put it out there.

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Blackrod wrote:If I identify as a male on certain days will they not let me in if they have let me in as female or trans on other days. There is a famous pop star who feels like this according to a few articles. Maybe it’s discrimination if not and not that forward thinking. There was a case where a trans that wasn’t really ended up in a female prison and assaulted female prisoners sexually and I think this could stop many women going who it is really intended for. It’s not going to affect me but just thought I’d put it out there.
Blackrod, they aren't going to let people in based on how they feel on a specific day. Jesus christ.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu May 23, 2019 6:45 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:I think the concepts of gender and sexuality are very complex and as such we should do everything we can to make people feel included in such a way that they feel safe and comfortable.

I have no idea what it's like to believe I am a different gender and it must take a massive emotional toil on a person figuring it out.
Yes I fully agree it must be terrifying for the individual. Maybe I am wrong but if you demand (which many do, parents I find mostly of the young) everyone accepts their child it does not help their child in the long run. From an early age they are having it forced upon them by those closest to them that they are different to everyone else. They are no different. We are all human, we are all born and we will all die, what bits we have or dont have, who we love regardless of gender does not matter. At primary schools and the like this should not matter. Kids are kids, regardless of what they identify as. Let them grow up and find their own path, without having having to be pigeon holed at a young age and carrying that with them when they are far too young to understand properly nevermind carry the weight of that label around with them.
This user liked this post: Blackrod

ClaretAndJew

Post by ClaretAndJew » Thu May 23, 2019 6:51 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Yes I fully agree it must be terrifying for the individual. Maybe I am wrong but if you demand (which many do, parents I find mostly of the young) everyone accepts their child it does not help their child in the long run. From an early age they are having it forced upon them by those closest to them that they are different to everyone else. They are no different. We are all human, we are all born and we will all die, what bits we have or dont have, who we love regardless of gender does not matter. At primary schools and the like this should not matter. Kids are kids, regardless of what they identify as. Let them grow up and find their own path, without having having to be pigeon holed at a young age and carrying that with them when they are far too young to understand properly nevermind carry the weight of that label around with them.
I don't know what the right answer is, it will sit somewhere in the middle of both extremes.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu May 23, 2019 6:51 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Not me personally but it does effect my children. Being preached to at school and external forces instead of just being allowed to be kids. At present my daughters school which is seriously underfunded is having to invest heavily in new toilets for trans children (5-11), or should I say 1 child because her parents believe it is unfair that their child should have to choose between male and female. That money should be used on books and materials for all the children. Not one that every day changes which sex they decide to be. Truthfully one day a boy the next a girl. The child is just confused, which is okay, but the parents have made such a big deal of it.

I guess at Primary / Junior school level id suggest unisex toilets as a potential solution
This user liked this post: Blackrod

bfcmik
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 1102 times

Post by bfcmik » Thu May 23, 2019 6:52 pm

The real debate should be around why it is still all right to have a 'women only' pool in the 1st place. 'Male only' sanctums are being swept away either by peaceful agreement or by legal force on a regular basis.

Blackrod

Post by Blackrod » Thu May 23, 2019 6:52 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Blackrod, they aren't going to let people in based on how they feel on a specific day. Jesus christ.
If I went to the Male only pool today but tomorrow I tell them I identify as a female they have to let me in. They are not in a position to say I don’t and it would be discriminatination under the Equality Act. It will be interesting when some big truck drivers try it on. Why don’t they just use the mixed pool or campaign for a trans pool. If I identify as a woman tomorrow I’m still not one although in my head I might feel like one.

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Just a note on the mixed pool, it isn't open to the public other than during the summer. The men's and women's pools are open all year round so the mixed pool isn't really a substitute.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu May 23, 2019 6:56 pm

bfcmik wrote:The real debate should be around why it is still all right to have a 'women only' pool in the 1st place. 'Male only' sanctums are being swept away either by peaceful agreement or by legal force on a regular basis.
Because some men, unfortunately, are absolute dangers

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:I guess at Primary / Junior school level id suggest unisex toilets as a potential solution
That was put forward but the parents didnt believe their child sat on the unisex part off the spectrum. I know go figure. It is isolated incidents like this which make it so hard for the children with real issues

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 23, 2019 6:59 pm

Blackrod wrote:Is now allowing people in who identify as ‘trans’. There is also a male only and mixed sex pool. Thoughts ?
Thoughts.....you really do have a weird obsession with these kind of subjects

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu May 23, 2019 6:59 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Because some men, unfortunately, are absolute dangers
And women never commit sexual assault?

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu May 23, 2019 7:00 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:That was put forward but the parents didnt believe their child sat on the unisex part off the spectrum. I know go figure. It is isolated incidents like this which make it so hard for the children with real issues
Hard to disagree there.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:And women never commit sexual assault?
Of course, but if its a numbers game, men are overwhelmingly more of a perceived threat, its just reality.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu May 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Do they do snooker, too?

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu May 23, 2019 7:03 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Hard to disagree there.
It really is a head shaker at times. Like I say I believe in live and let live, but do feel parents are the cause in several of these instances of trying to make their child feel special by being different. Celebrity culture doesnt help when they are raising their children as non binary from birth. They are whatever sex THEY decide to be not what their parents feel they should be

bfcmik
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 1102 times

Post by bfcmik » Thu May 23, 2019 7:16 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Because some men, unfortunately, are absolute dangers
But the equality laws don't differentiate between sexes. They just say that no-one is allowed to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race or religion (although certain jobs can apply for a dispensation to be 'male only' or 'female only' in which they must be able to clearly demonstrate why the dispensation is necessary).

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Thu May 23, 2019 7:55 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Blackrod, they aren't going to let people in based on how they feel on a specific day. Jesus christ.
What if I turn up wearing a dress and a wig and identify as a trans male?

What level of “identifying” is acceptable to be allowed in?