May quits

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: May quits

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri May 24, 2019 4:44 pm

Teresa May is to Prime Ministers

As Martin Buchan is to succesful Burnley managers.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri May 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Stayingup wrote:There could well ne a general election now. If I was in opposition I wpuld demand it.

One good thing about this is that the useless, negative Hammond will go too. .
No matter how much many people might want one, there's absolutely no way the Conservatives will vote for a GE - they are totally divided and can't coalesce on any policies at present. They haven't even got a leader as from June 7th. There is a possibility though that if the Conservative members choose someone like Johnson, then the govt might quickly fall, and then we would p;obably, though not necessarily, find ourselves having a general election in the autumn.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri May 24, 2019 4:56 pm

Why on earth would the Tories or Labour want a general election - their involvement would be minimal

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Fri May 24, 2019 4:58 pm

A general election right now would result in a hung parliament. With any luck a fair number of smaller parties (on all sides) will gain a decent amount of MPs, hastening the inevitable take up of some form of PR system. That's the dream anyway.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum timshorts

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5081 times
Has Liked: 6890 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri May 24, 2019 5:13 pm

It is a poison chalice, the country is divided, the tories are, labour is, trade unionists are you might have noticed even this message board is ! I think if there was no Brexit debate and we were still in the EU no referendum etc I think she would have been a competent PM she had the one nation tory image ( I dont vote tory by the way ) Not sure who will rule if we have an election but a Tory/lib dem might work.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri May 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Theresa May was a dreadful PM and not much better Home Secretary. During her time as PM some of the dreadful decisions made by her at the Home Office came back to haunt her. Rising knife crime, attributed by many to her slashing of police numbers and police budgets, and the Windrush scandal borne out of her creation of a "hostile environment" for immigrants. She appeared to be devoid of any original thought process but continued to simply repeat her lines and mantras until, she hoped, people would finally agree with her or at least pretend that they did. Pursuing the same policies regardless was viewed by many as "resilience" but by others as "delusional".
These 3 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret Claret-On-A-T-Rex longsidepies

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5058 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri May 24, 2019 6:32 pm

aggi wrote:And there's the issue. A load of this **** has come about because actions were being done for the sake of the Tory Party and the fear of its members rather than because it was best for the country.
If actions were taken for the good of the country we would have left the EU in March.
Trying to appease people by fudging the job in hand has caused all the strife, in the Tory party and the country.
Her intentions might have been honourable, but her actions certainly weren't.
With a Brexiteer in charge of negotiations it could have been so different. No capitulation to the EU on the WA, and no messing around asking Parliaments opinion. The only opinion that mattered was the peoples.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Fri May 24, 2019 7:07 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:If actions were taken for the good of the country we would have left the EU in March.
If actions were taken for the good of the country, we wouldn't be leaving the EU at all.
These 2 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex longsidepies

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri May 24, 2019 7:13 pm

Don't know how she had the brass neck to stand up there talking about compromise!

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5058 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri May 24, 2019 7:29 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:If actions were taken for the good of the country, we wouldn't be leaving the EU at all.
That isnt your decision, and it wasnt hers either.
The people decided, democracy decided, only she decided to **** on democracy. She's getting what she deserves.
I'm not asking you to be happy about it, or forget your reservations, but if you believe in democracy, whichever way you voted, then the last 3 years have been disgraceful.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri May 24, 2019 7:47 pm

She had a chance to leave with a sensible deal in 2016, when people would have accepted a compromise.

But she listened to the idiots, and got what she deserved.

I'm absolutely ******* myself at all the uber brexiteers who are now regurgitating the same old rubbish and backing their own personal vision of Brexit again.

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Fri May 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:She had a chance to leave with a sensible deal in 2016, when people would have accepted a compromise.

But she listened to the idiots, and got what she deserved.

I'm absolutely ******* myself at all the uber brexiteers who are now regurgitating the same old rubbish and backing their own personal vision of Brexit again.
So reminiscent of Charlton fans hounding out Alan curbishley, save that the country getting relegated to third world isn't really quite so funny.

mkmel
Been Liked: 1271 times
Has Liked: 2250 times

Post by mkmel » Fri May 24, 2019 8:47 pm

'The last 3 years have been disgraceful'

I would think that supporters of all of the Parties would agree with that comment