The next Tory Leader..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3077 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Re: The next Tory Leader..

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun May 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Why?
After 3 years you still dont know why?

Without the sovereignty to make whatever decisions we think are good for us, we can never be great. If the EU has to rubber stamp our domestic policies, our foreign policies, our trade agreements, our labour laws, our economic direction.......They do what they think is right for the 28, we need to do what is right for the 1, and the two arent always the same.

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun May 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Juxtaposition wrote:Why the **** do you people seem to think that if you're criticised for saying something it means you're not allowed to say it? It honestly makes you look like ******* babies crying because someone criticised you. Grow the **** up and stop coming out with this dumb horseshit.
Or sod off to your safe space where criticism isn't allowed.
Get more angry.
These 3 users liked this post: tim_noone Vino blanco Bosscat

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Sun May 26, 2019 1:32 pm

Damo wrote:With what has gone on lately, I think Boris is the only man who could unite the country again.

Ha ha. That’s a good one Damo.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone IanMcL

Juxtaposition
Been Liked: 19 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Juxtaposition » Sun May 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Damo wrote:Calm down Charlie. You are not the only person on this message board with an opinion
And now the act of sharing ones opinion implies that I believe i'm the only one with an opinion. You people will say and make up anything to try and stop the rest of us demonstrating just how stupid your opinions are, won't you?

I'm half expecting you to tell me again how i oppose freedom of speech, this time because I criticised an idiot for saying dumb things.

Incidentally, why do you like to accuse me of opposing free speech?
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun May 26, 2019 1:38 pm

Juxtaposition wrote:And now the act of sharing ones opinion implies that I believe i'm the only one with an opinion. You people will say and make up anything to try and stop the rest of us demonstrating just how stupid your opinions are, won't you?

I'm half expecting you to tell me again how i oppose freedom of speech, this time because I criticised an idiot for saying dumb things.

Incidentally, why do you like to accuse me of opposing free speech?
I'm not going to answer you until I'm convinced you have calmed down

Juxtaposition
Been Liked: 19 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Juxtaposition » Sun May 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Damo wrote:I'm not going to answer you until I'm convinced you have calmed down
This is a new way of avoiding answering questions. Usually you just ignore them, but now you're pretending to think I am not calm in an effort to discredit my opinions without actually engaging in them.

I'll consider this yet another question evaded.

It's kinda funny how you go around accusing others of opposing free speech when you regularly censor yourself when faced with questions you can't answer.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3860 times
Has Liked: 2068 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sun May 26, 2019 1:43 pm

Juxtaposition wrote:

Why the **** do you people seem to think that if you're criticised for saying something it means you're not allowed to say it? It honestly makes you look like ******* babies crying because someone criticised you. Grow the **** up and stop coming out with this dumb horseshit.
Or sod off to your safe space where criticism isn't allowed.
Greenmile wrote:If you don’t think he’s a racist then just say so, and explain why you think that in the face of the evidence of all the racist things he’s said.

Why bang on about whether or not he’s allowed an opinion like he’s being denied the right to express all the opinions quoted by nil d above? (many of which come from national publications) It just makes you look like a snowflake without an actual argument beyond “Waaaah. The nasty left wingers are calling Boris names. It’s not fair”
I never thought I would be called a snowflake and sent to my Safe Space on here.

I think the evidence on here makes Boris look like he deals in stereotypes rather than racist tones but I'm no lawyer.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun May 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Juxtaposition wrote:This is a new way of avoiding answering questions. Usually you just ignore them, but now you're pretending to think I am not calm in an effort to discredit my opinions without actually engaging in them.

I'll consider this yet another question evaded.

It's kinda funny how you go around accusing others of opposing free speech when you regularly censor yourself when faced with questions you can't answer.
Can I suggest you Have a nice cup of tea...Chocolate Biscuit and Enjoy the Day.
These 2 users liked this post: Damo Bosscat

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sun May 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Damo wrote:With what has gone on lately, I think Boris is the only man who could unite the country again.
Can't quite decide whether you're fishing there or not.
Irrespective of your view of him it has to be admitted that as a racist, sexist and misogynist, not to mention liar and incompetent, he is the most divisive politician figure within the Tory Party. Even a large majority of his own party distrust him, (and that's putting it politely).
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Sun May 26, 2019 3:50 pm

Steve Baker would be just Dandy, failing that Raab or Patel have the best views and should steer us nicely to No Deal.

ecc
Been Liked: 1407 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Sun May 26, 2019 4:01 pm

They're all so damn good it's very hard choosing.
These 4 users liked this post: tim_noone Steve-Harpers-perm longsidepies timshorts

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1879 times
Has Liked: 837 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun May 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Right_winger wrote:Steve Baker would be just Dandy, failing that Raab or Patel have the best views and should steer us nicely to No Deal.
Raab will have changed his mind by October. The situation is crying out for Chris Grayling.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun May 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Hopefully BoJo just to wind the lefties up. Though surely another huge stitch up awaits “ stop Boris” will be bandied about like confetti, and a good lay at the odds. .It’s thus far a very pro Brexit field. Raab is a decent shout but a leaver , who may just have enough about him to save the Tories from a truly poor labour .Long as they keep the rancid Patel and Gove out and that “ Tory Boy” one , Rory somat? Javid is also hopeless , Mcvey has no chance as does Leadstrom

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun May 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:After 3 years you still dont know why?

Without the sovereignty to make whatever decisions we think are good for us, we can never be great. If the EU has to rubber stamp our domestic policies, our foreign policies, our trade agreements, our labour laws, our economic direction.......They do what they think is right for the 28, we need to do what is right for the 1, and the two arent always the same.
So, same old discredited arguments then.

Hoping it might have been something new

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun May 26, 2019 4:58 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Hopefully BoJo just to wind the lefties up. Though surely another huge stitch up awaits “ stop Boris” will be bandied about like confetti, and a good lay at the odds. .It’s thus far a very pro Brexit field. Raab is a decent shout but a leaver , who may just have enough about him to save the Tories from a truly poor labour .Long as they keep the rancid Patel and Gove out and that “ Tory Boy” one , Rory somat? Javid is also hopeless , Mcvey has no chance as does Leadstrom
Why would he just wind the ‘lefties’ up? What about the millions of people who aren’t ‘Lefties’ and don’t vote Conservative?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun May 26, 2019 5:03 pm

The Conservatives have a real chance to reboot themselves and seize back some sort of legitimacy.

If it's Johnson, then that's absolutely pie in the sky wishful thinking

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun May 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Problem is Johnson will appeal the people who will have the say.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun May 26, 2019 5:17 pm

My prediction is Boris for PM and a conservative/Brexit party coalition after the next GE.
I know some of the far left won't like the thought of that, but we need a government with a strong direction to lead us through the turbulence of leaving the EU without a deal
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sun May 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:The Conservatives have a real chance to reboot themselves and seize back some sort of legitimacy.

If it's Johnson, then that's absolutely pie in the sky wishful thinking
That’s the problem, most Tory voters want out of the EU and are happy with no deal. So it’s a remainer who will gather the support of the remain side but their support base will crumble, or a hard brexiteer who will have problems with the anti democratic remain MPs in parliament.

I’d laugh my tits off if it’s a hard brexiteer who prorougues parliament therefore not allowing the anti-democratic self serving europhiles a chance to scupper no deal.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun May 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Damo wrote:My prediction is Boris for PM and a conservative/Brexit party coalition after the next GE.
I know some of the far left won't like the thought of that, but we need a government with a strong direction to lead us through the turbulence of leaving the EU without a deal
Call me weird, but the competence level of that coalition wouldn't be high

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Right_winger wrote:That’s the problem, most Tory voters want out of the EU and are happy with no deal. So it’s a remainer who will gather the support of the remain side but their support base will crumble, or a hard brexiteer who will have problems with the anti democratic remain MPs in parliament.

I’d laugh my tits off if it’s a hard brexiteer who prorougues parliament therefore not allowing the anti-democratic self serving europhiles a chance to scupper no deal.
And forever lose any democratic legitimacy?

No wonder you are a Brexit Party backer

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sun May 26, 2019 5:32 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:And forever lose any democratic legitimacy?

No wonder you are a Brexit Party backer
The people have made the democratic choice not the self serving MPs. The Parliament has been looking to overturn/block Brexit at every opportunity, they are so brazen now that they don’t hide it anymore.

If Brexit is actually scuppered then Farage will be the next PM so it’s not all bad.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun May 26, 2019 5:36 pm

In other news, I've just joined the lib dems for £1 and I intend to vote Tim Farron as their next leader
https://www.libdems.org.uk/leadership-how-vote" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun May 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Right_winger wrote:The people have made the democratic choice not the self serving MPs. The Parliament has been looking to overturn/block Brexit at every opportunity, they are so brazen now that they don’t hide it anymore.

If Brexit is actually scuppered then Farage will be the next PM so it’s not all bad.
Hahahhahaha!

Imagine believing that.

He's got to win a seat first!

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun May 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Damo wrote:In other news, I've just joined the lib dems for £1 and I intend to vote Tim Farron as their next leader
https://www.libdems.org.uk/leadership-how-vote" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christ, you are getting as bad as those lads with their half and half football scarves!

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun May 26, 2019 5:42 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Christ, you are getting as bad as those lads with their half and half football scarves!
Probably more like third and third and third football scarves after paying £3 to help elect Corbyn

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun May 26, 2019 5:43 pm

Right_winger wrote:The people have made the democratic choice not the self serving MPs. The Parliament has been looking to overturn/block Brexit at every opportunity, they are so brazen now that they don’t hide it anymore.

Post of the day here, absolute quality. Gonna take some level of idiocy to top this so good work sir

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun May 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Damo wrote:Probably more like third and third and third football scarves after paying £3 to help elect Corbyn
You'll have your own demographic in the opinion polls at this rate
These 2 users liked this post: longsidepies claret_in_exile

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun May 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Damo wrote:My prediction is Boris for PM and a conservative/Brexit party coalition after the next GE.
Damo finally learns the word “some” but uses it incorrectly on his first try.

Keep practicing.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun May 26, 2019 5:50 pm

Greenmile wrote:Damo finally learns the word “some” but uses it incorrectly on his first try.

Keep practicing.
Yeah, I should of said "all" going off your retort

mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2246 times

Post by mkmel » Sun May 26, 2019 5:59 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Hopefully BoJo just to wind the lefties up. Though surely another huge stitch up awaits “ stop Boris” will be bandied about like confetti, and a good lay at the odds. .It’s thus far a very pro Brexit field. Raab is a decent shout but a leaver , who may just have enough about him to save the Tories from a truly poor labour .Long as they keep the rancid Patel and Gove out and that “ Tory Boy” one , Rory somat? Javid is also hopeless , Mcvey has no chance as does Leadstrom
Haven't you just now ruled them all out

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun May 26, 2019 5:59 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Just in case you are still confused as to why Spijed might have thought Johnson was more than a bit racist, here's a bit of supporting evidence:

In his 2002 column in the Spectator, Boris penned an article titled: “Africa is a mess, but we can’t blame colonialism”.
In the piece, Boris described the continent as a “blot” and suggested that it would be better off if it was colonised again, writing: “The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more…the best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.”

In 2002, in a column in the Telegraph, he described black people as “piccaninnies” with “watermelon smiles”.

In his column in the Telegraph in 2006. described Papua New Guineans as prone to “cannibalism” and “chief-killing”

In 2008, under his editorship at the Spectator, he allowed a piece to be printed that claimed black people have lower IQs, . “Orientals…have larger brains and higher IQ scores,” the piece read. “Blacks are at the other pole.”

In 2013, Boris suggested that the increase in Malaysian women going to university was down to the fact that they have “got to find men to marry”. Groans were reportedly heard from Malaysian women in the audience.

In a Tory party conference speech in 2016, Boris claimed that “the values of global Britain are needed more than ever” and that British “beliefs” are necessary to “lift the world out of poverty”.

After Barack Obama suggested that the UK should remain in the EU, Johnson said that the then-president should stay out of the conversation as he was “part-Kenyan” and had an “ancestral dislike” for the UK.

Last summer, Boris wrote in his column in the Telegraph that the burqa was “oppressive and ridiculous”, comparing Muslim women to “bank-robbers” and “letterboxes”.

And just to show that it's not just people of other races, faiths and cultures he disrespects, here are a few more comments that rather suggest he might not be quite the right sort of guy to lead a once proud nation such as ours, that was once respected and admired by the rest of the world, (or at least most of it):
In 2004, Boris was asked to apologise to Liverpudleans after writing in the Spectator that they were “wallowing” in “victim status” after the Hillsborough disaster. Boris said those who lived in the city needed to acknowledge the role played “by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground”.
In the 2005 leadership contest, bumbling BoJo said “voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3”. (Obviously a joke, but entirely inappropriate)
In his Spectator column in 2007 he blamed rising house prices on women graduates .
In the same article, he managed to wrap classism into sexism, writing: “The result is that in families on lower incomes the women have absolutely no choice but to work, often with adverse consequences for family life and society as a whole – in that unloved and undisciplined children are more likely to become hoodies, NEETS, and mug you on the street corner.”
Boris was asked to apologise after referring to Emily Thornberry using her husband’s name to ridicule her in the commons in early 2018.
Also in 2007, he described Hillary Clinton as looking like a “sadistic nurse in a mental hospital”. (Again clearly a joke, but this was about someone who might quite easily have been meeting as US President in hs time as Foreign Sec)

Of course, most of the above might well be regarded as a bit of harmless fun - assuming, that is, that you're either living in the 1970s / 80s, or a racist yourself.
YES!........But besides that, what makes you think he's a Racist?

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun May 26, 2019 6:00 pm

They need a one-nation Tory leader and Boris 'f**k business' Johnson sure isn't that.

I'd back Rory Stewart if I had a dog in this fight, but I don't and in any case he won't even make the final ballot.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun May 26, 2019 6:13 pm

Do any of you think the Burqua isn't oppressive and ridiculous?

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun May 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Not sure about the contestants on this year's Love Island.
D7Ws0D7W4AIqgpL.jpg
D7Ws0D7W4AIqgpL.jpg (134.66 KiB) Viewed 3512 times

longsidepies
Been Liked: 109 times
Has Liked: 8771 times

Post by longsidepies » Sun May 26, 2019 6:35 pm

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 1035 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun May 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Yes Damo, just think if we were all made to wear the burqua in public, male and female, it would solve so many problems.
This user liked this post: Damo

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun May 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:Yes Damo, just think if we were all made to wear the burqua in public, male and female, it would solve so many problems.
I never thought about it like that.
In private too would be great

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun May 26, 2019 6:55 pm

Damo wrote:Yeah, I should of said "all" going off your retort
Yes, you could have this time. That was my point. Well done.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun May 26, 2019 7:06 pm

Greenmile wrote:Yes, you could have this time. That was my point. Well done.
As soon as I know what Blue Lab and South West think, I'll edit my post

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sun May 26, 2019 7:45 pm

A large playing field so far but a pretty poor one and with no stand out candidates.

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 1293 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 pm

Creeps the lot of them, get them all out.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone South West Claret.

Venkys4eva
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 183 times

Post by Venkys4eva » Sun May 26, 2019 9:00 pm

I know who’s getting my vote if they reach the final two ;)

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun May 26, 2019 9:02 pm

Venkys4eva wrote:I know who’s getting my vote if they reach the final two ;)
You have to tell us....or your post is meaningless :D sorry....to quote claret n Jew, Pointless!

Venkys4eva
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 183 times

Post by Venkys4eva » Sun May 26, 2019 9:10 pm

tim_noone wrote:You have to tell us....or your post is meaningless :D sorry....to quote claret n Jew, Pointless!
I would vote for Boris but I don’t think he will make the final two because the early front runner never does. My second choice will be Dominic Raab.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 pm

I'd Have guessed at Boris.....Don't care in particular but my money's on that Javed.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon May 27, 2019 2:17 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Raab will have changed his mind by October. The situation is crying out for Chris Grayling.
He is waiting for his boat to come in!
This user liked this post: longsidepies

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon May 27, 2019 2:19 am

No one with any sense will vote for Johnson.

So he is probably a sure bet! :oops: :evil: :twisted:

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:42 am

Well Michael Gove according to his brief statement last night is putting his name forward not to be leader BUT to be the next PM-with gaffs like that who would vote for him. Doesn't he know protocol when it comes to who is the next PM?

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6477 times
Has Liked: 2908 times

Post by Steve1956 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:01 am

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/01/17 ... hael-gove/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The wife says it everytime, its true
This user liked this post: longsidepies