What's Your Favourite Biscuit?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Re: What's Your Favourite Biscuit?

Post by dsr » Tue May 28, 2019 12:53 am

Custard Cream is the best.

But shortbread (I agree with laughingclaret - it has to be the good stuff) is well up there. We tend to go for "Goalkeeper" Shortbread - Walkers, made by former Burnley goalkeeper Nicky Walker. (Or possibly his wife.)

Suratclaret
Been Liked: 333 times
Has Liked: 788 times

Post by Suratclaret » Tue May 28, 2019 7:09 am

Grandma Wilds dark chocolate ginger biscuits...absolutely loved 'em. Probably one of the reasons I ended up with diabetes!

Burtonwoodclaret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Burtonwoodclaret » Tue May 28, 2019 7:39 am

What a wonderful post to wake up to. After making my daily quick check for possible transfer rumours, I came across this. It had me salivating physically and mentally. As I write this I can hear Lady Burtonwood shuffling about in the kitchen. I think I might make contact through Alexa and request Tea and a digestive before I vacate my pit. It has to be either digestive or rich tea, but were it possible I would ask for dark chocolate Leibniz, or probably the whole packet. Alas the choice is limited , but it won’t be later this morning after this thread.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:52 am

Malted milk with coffee
Home made ginger biscuits using my wife’s late grandmas recipe....only problem is they are huge and difficult to dunk - it needs skill and patience.
Guilty pleasure of mine when I was young was eating ginger biscuits that had gone soft - loved them (obviously could not be dunked !)
Peter Kay’s sketch on which biscuits you can dunk and the “marine” hob knob is v funny

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Tue May 28, 2019 8:45 am

Currant Shrewsbury biscuits. Nice crunch with fruit and hint of lemon. Only problem is that nobody sells them over here so I'll just have to dream.