Alistair Campbell expelled from the Labour Party

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Re: Alistair Campbell expelled from the Labour Party

Post by AndrewJB » Wed May 29, 2019 5:18 pm

Clarets4me wrote:I'm no fan of Campbell, indeed no fan of Labour, but the whole thing is just bad Politics. It allows people to paint the current Labour party as an extreme leftist party, intolerant of any criticism of it's " dear leader ", or alternative strands of thought. It will severely dispirit loyal Labour activists & supporters of all shades of opinion, and if such things continue, Labour will be a shell of it's former self, with small coteries of extreme left activists holding meetings amongst themselves, passing meaningless motions on Venezuela & Palestine whilst the rest of us are getting on with our lives and voting for anybody who isn't the Labour party .... ( I'm an ex-Labour member ... btw ) .
Labour and the Tories remain 'big tent' parties with a wide diversity of views within each, but whereas I've yet to see meaningless votes on fringe issues with Labour, the Tories have offered up an unparalleled dish of self indulgence with Brexit. How much have we wasted on that, and all to resolve internal Tory Party bickering? £1.5 Billion on Operation Yellowhammer alone - which has since been shut down.

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Thu May 30, 2019 5:54 pm

I think he's having a breakdown. He's posting loads of weird crap

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Thu May 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Murger wrote:I think he's having a breakdown. He's posting loads of weird crap

Poor signal there on EE, looks like he needs an upgrade to 5G, he can afford it

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2341 times
Has Liked: 1041 times

Post by Clarets4me » Thu May 30, 2019 9:53 pm

Bum-licker seems to be his " insult de jour ", I don't think I've heard that insult since I was about 12 ...

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:19 am

HieronymousBoschHobs wrote:Don't see why this is at all controversial: if you're in one party, you shouldn't vote for another.

Obviously they won't, but yes: you should be expelled.

My apologies to Falcoln: it does now seem as though you can vote for the Lib Dems (or any other party) while registered as a Labour party member. I was under the impression that doing so would result in automatic expulsion.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8727 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:46 am

Corbyn has a history of it.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:10 pm

He has now hired lawyers to fight expulsion. Beginning to look a bit desperate imo.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:39 pm

HieronymousBoschHobs wrote:My apologies to Falcoln: it does now seem as though you can vote for the Lib Dems (or any other party) while registered as a Labour party member. I was under the impression that doing so would result in automatic expulsion.
Well! of course you can be a member of a political party and vote for a different party,indeed with the secret ballot it's possible to keep this covert,Alistair's crime was appearing on various media outlets and openly admitting he voted Lib Dem,it's the 2nd action that's caused Labour to take disciplinary measures against him,personally i think they've handled the whole episode heavy-handedly and blown this out of proportion,but with the current Labour leadership i can't say i'm surprised.
This user liked this post: Oshkoshclaret

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3163 times
Has Liked: 6754 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:54 pm

What's the point of wanting to stay a member of a party if you're going to vote against it? :?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:05 pm

boatshed bill wrote:What's the point of wanting to stay a member of a party if you're going to vote against it? :?
That's a valid point,but evidently lots of Conservative members,and even some elected representatives,voted for the BP in the European Elections,and many weren't shy about conveying this fact on social media and online forums,the scale of the rebellion amongst Tory grass roots makes it impossible to kick them all out of the party,now if these actions where repeated in a GE campaign then clearly Conservative Central Office would have to act,but rightly or wrongly the public and even some of the political class deemed that the European Elections had special circumstances.
This user liked this post: Alanstevensonsgloves

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:10 pm

Campbell said on TV a couple of weeks before the European Elections that he was ready to rip up his Labour Party membership card and that his wife had already done so. The guy is now an attention seeker, looking a platform to talk about himself. Tosser.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2341 times
Has Liked: 1041 times

Post by Clarets4me » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:04 pm

The Editor of " The New European ", Matt Kelly, for whom Alastair is " Editor at large ", has had to delete his twitter account and received a final warning from his employers, Archant publishing.

Kelly tweeted a picture of the audience of a Brexit party meeting, with the caption, " Marvel at the diversity, behold the spread of demographics. And bring a mop to clear up all the leaked p**s afterwards ". Archant publishing group, received a furious backlash from Editors and readers of their other titles, which include 4 daily, and over 80 weekly newspapers, mainly in the heavily Brexit East of England and the Home Counties. He was also advised to stay away from the Regional Newspaper Awards in mid May.

Sounds a lovely man !! ;)

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:16 am

IanMcL wrote:Corbyn has a history of it.
Say whatever you like about Corbyn.

At least he votes labour.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8727 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:06 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Say whatever you like about Corbyn

At least he votes labour.

That's a matter of opinion.