Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lying

Post by TVC15 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:24 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:So now you admit you were wrong. Good.

Now my original post was a quip said in jest. Instead aggi wanted to take it to an entirely different level and treat it , as if we were in a court of law instead of a football message board.

It prompted a question " what public office does he hold"?

I answered - "None"

That when I asked "Does somebody need to hold a public office to be sued for liable?

Yes Or No?

And if you or him wanted to get legalistic then you were wrong to assume there was a link to my previous quote instead of treating it as an entirely independent question. Two can play that game.

I'm signing off now. But must remember to try not to make a joke about ickle Alistair. There are too many thin skinned Remoaners on here who only to happy to get on their high horse and rush to protect him!

Enjoyed forcing you to admit you got it wrong though!!

Nice one! ;)
ok....how silly do i look Wrongo eh ?

What an absolute f-uckwit you are.....feel free to try and sue me for liable
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Thu May 30, 2019 2:25 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:"If you meet the requirements for a civil action, you can sue someone for defamation, whether liable or slander, if they have written or said something bad about you. However, you must be able to prove the necessary elements of a defamation suit if you wish to collect damages."

https://injury-law.freeadvice.com/injur ... ements.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think this is what you meant to post.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu May 30, 2019 2:26 pm

TVC15 wrote:Wrongo - the answer is that you cannot be sued for liable whether you hold public office or not.
Following enlightenment from "Wrongo"

TVC15 wrote:Erm, actually your right - the answer is that you can indeed be sued for liable whether you hold public office or not.
Righto, I'll leave it at that.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu May 30, 2019 2:29 pm

TVC15 wrote:ok....how silly do i look Wrongo eh ?

What an absolute f-uckwit you are.....feel free to try and sue me for liable
Raw nerve well and truly hit.

I rest my case M'lud....

Be seeing you ladies....

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu May 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Greenmile wrote:The stuff they fund in the UK is ultimately funded by contributions from the member states (inc the UK).

The rebate (the bit which most obviously makes Johnson’s claim a lie) has nothing to do with this.

I’d expect folk to know this by now, but maybe my expectations are unrealistic.
The rebate is nonsensical. And so is the UK funding.
IMG_20190530_140302.jpg
IMG_20190530_140302.jpg (99.06 KiB) Viewed 2140 times
If we dont pay the EU £350 million pounds per week because of the rebate. (Our own money that they knock off the bill) then, on the same terms the EU doesn't fund or invest in the UK. We just pay less per week.

Boris has manipulated £350 million per week figure, but so do the EU.
They dont really give us anything. We just pay less than is quoted. And the EU decides what we spend some of our own money on.

I'm quite sure this was a brexiteer argument originally and it's gone full circle

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Thu May 30, 2019 2:53 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:If ever proof was needed that people didn't make schoolboy errors and make assumptions about linking independently asked questions to previous remarks I'd made. This was it.

Que?

Could you try again in English?

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu May 30, 2019 3:01 pm

Damo wrote:The rebate is nonsensical. And so is the UK funding.
IMG_20190530_140302.jpg
If we dont pay the EU £350 million pounds per week because of the rebate. (Our own money that they knock off the bill) then, on the same terms the EU doesn't fund or invest in the UK. We just pay less per week.

They dont really give us anything. We just pay less than is quoted. And the EU decides what we spend some of our own money on.

I'm quite sure this was a brexiteer argument originally and it's gone full circle
Ok, there’s an argument that, purely in terms of contributions to the EU pot, we “lose out”. The counter arguments being the intrinsic financial benefits of being an EU member, and the fact that many people believe the EU redistributes the money in a far more fair and even manner than any British govt would.

However, none of this explains how you got from this...
Greenmile wrote:So if I claimed Chelsea beat Arsenal 8-1 tonight, would that be hyperbole, or just a lie?
...to this...
Damo wrote:So what "some" (you included greenmile) are saying is, we get absolutely nothing financially from the EU. They dont actually pay for anything on these shores. Nothing to the public or private sector? No regeneration schemes in northern towns. Absolutely nothing?..
(emphasis mine)

Neither does it justify Johnson’s knowingly lying about the amount by which we “lose out”.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu May 30, 2019 3:03 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Following enlightenment from "Wrongo"

TVC15 wrote:
Erm, actually your right - the answer is that you can indeed be sued for liable whether you hold public office or not.

Fabricating quotes and attaching other posters names to them. It's a ballsy* way to "win" an argument.

*entirely dishonest
This user liked this post: Greenmile

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:09 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Following enlightenment from "Wrongo"

Hilarious - you are now going to the trouble of trying to quote me but amending my quotes..you need help.
Which post exactly did i say that you were correct to say that you could be sued for liable ?

Seriously you need help.
Not only are you thick as mince but you are a liar too.
I`d even go as far as to say you are fabricating evidence....but i doubt you know what fabricate means and we all definitely know you don't understand the meaning of the word EVIDENCE !

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu May 30, 2019 3:12 pm

It’s fun though. Watch this.
RingoMcCartney wrote:I'm a misogynistic lunatic who doesn’t understand basic concepts like evidence and parliamentary democracy. Brexit and Nigel Farage are brilliant.
Following enlightenment from greenmile...
RingoMcCartney wrote:I now realise that I was wrong all along. I’d like to apologise to everyone I tried (and failed) to belittle. Bring on an informed referendum.

Ps - has anyone heard James O’Brien on LBC? He’s brilliant.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2167 times
Has Liked: 3100 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu May 30, 2019 3:15 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:So now you admit you were wrong. Good.

Now my original post was a quip said in jest. Instead aggi wanted to take it to an entirely different level and treat it , as if we were in a court of law instead of a football message board.

It prompted a question " what public office does he hold"?

I answered - "None"

That when I asked "Does somebody need to hold a public office to be sued for liable?

Yes Or No?

And if you or him wanted to get legalistic then you were wrong to assume there was a link to my previous quote instead of treating it as an entirely independent question. Two can play that game.

I'm signing off now. But must remember to try not to make a joke about ickle Alistair. There are too many thin skinned Remoaners on here who only to happy to get on their high horse and rush to protect him!

Enjoyed forcing you to admit you got it wrong though!!

Nice one! ;)
Ah yes, the old "i was joking, you just dont get it" backtrack :lol:

Course you were

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 30, 2019 3:15 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote: I really admire Lancasterclaret, he's one of the best posters on the board.
Aw, shucks Ringo, thats really sweet.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu May 30, 2019 3:21 pm

GeorgeLennon wrote:I'm a bellend at times, i really am.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Greenmile wrote:Ok, there’s an argument that, purely in terms of contributions to the EU pot, we “lose out”. The counter arguments being the intrinsic financial benefits of being an EU member, and the fact that many people believe the EU redistributes the money in a far more fair and even manner than any British govt would.

However, none of this explains how you got from this...

...to this...

(emphasis mine)

Neither does it justify Johnson’s knowingly lying about the amount by which we “lose out”.
Because, you are quite happy with Johnson being a liar for manipulating the membership figures, but are happy to take the EU as factual, when they manipulate the same figures to suggest they invest into the UK

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 pm

Damo wrote:Because, you are quite happy with Johnson being a liar for manipulating the membership figures, but are happy to take the EU as factual, when they manipulate the same figures to suggest they invest into the UK
What’s your source for the EU manipulating these figures?

I don’t doubt they do, btw, it’s just I’m not sure their “lies” were as prominent or egregious as Johnson’s.

Edit - and it’s still a leap from “I believe Johnson is a liar” to “I’m happy for the EU to tell equivalent lies”.

(for that matter, it’s a leap from my comment re hyperbole to “I believe Johnson is a liar”,but I’ll give you that one since your conclusion turned out to be accurate, this time)
Last edited by Greenmile on Thu May 30, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 30, 2019 3:40 pm

In a thread about people lying, people are deliberately editing users quotes to make out they said something else.
I have always maintained that "some" remainers have absolutely no grasp of irony

Greenmile

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lyinga

Post by Greenmile » Thu May 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Damo wrote:In a thread about people lying, people are deliberately editing users quotes to make out they said something else.
I have always maintained that "some" remainers have absolutely no grasp of irony
If you read carefully, you’ll notice that all other quote edits were done to mock Ringo, who did it deliberately.

Since when was Ringo a remainer?

Edit - good use of “some” btw. Well done. Still no need for the scare quotes, though. Keep at it - you’ll get there eventually.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu May 30, 2019 3:46 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I'm a Remainer now.
This user liked this post: TVC15

aggi

Re: Boris Johnson to appear in Crown Court for lyinga

Post by aggi » Thu May 30, 2019 3:46 pm

Greenmile wrote: Since when was Ringo a remainer?
See above

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:50 pm

Damo wrote:In a thread about people lying, people are deliberately editing users quotes to make out they said something else.
Oh the irony Damo.... "most" leavers don't tend to check the detail / facts before making comments

bob-the-scutter
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by bob-the-scutter » Thu May 30, 2019 4:05 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:Just like the thickos who voted to remain because Osbourne said there would need to be an emergency budget if we voted to leave. I imagine there will have been quite a lot who were swayed by that.
Exactly. I'm a leaver by the way. No side has the monopoly on being told a few porkies!

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu May 30, 2019 4:41 pm

Damo wrote:The rebate is nonsensical. And so is the UK funding.
IMG_20190530_140302.jpg

The net value of our membership to the EU was calculated at between £62 Billion and £78 Billion a year by the CBI in 2016. So whether you go with Boris' £18 Billion figure, or the more realistic £12 Billion one, we're still quids in.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 50626.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Guilty as charged, take him away.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Below perfectly highlights why trying to have sensible debate with these right wing brexiteers is near on impossible

Corbyn whataboutery has been mentioned a few times already so AndrewJB actually addresses it to show it is the normal idiots believing what the are told on face value with no care for whether it is correct and factual

So now this will be ignored and then in a few pages time the idiots will use the argument again like AndrewJB post never existed.

Now for all I know AndrewJB's argument might be lies so come on all you idiots saying Corbyn should be arrested why dont you back up your claim cos at the moment AndrewJB has made youl look dishonest foolish puppets
SussexDon1inIreland wrote:Who is going to sue Corbyn for his lie that he would forgive all student debt?
AndrewJB wrote:Corbyn didn't promise to forgive all student debt. Labour's policy is to end tuition fees. During an interview Corbyn was asked what Labour's position was on existing student debt, and he agreed that it was an important issue and said Labour would look at ways of dealing with it: https://fullfact.org/education/student- ... abour-say/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 30, 2019 4:58 pm

To be fair, SussexDon1inIreland is the sort of Brexiteer other Brexiteers prefer not to talk about.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 30, 2019 5:03 pm

He's quite funny on the match threads when he's moaning about how bias the ref is whilst listening to the radio. Not quite as funny spouting his ill informed nonsense about politics in the current toxic climate though

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 30, 2019 5:44 pm

End of the day, we all support the same team and that means I can put up with absolutely anyone as long as they support Burnley FC

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Thu May 30, 2019 5:51 pm

CBI is funded by EU

Is supporting remain

Is not to be trusted like the Bank of England etc

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu May 30, 2019 6:12 pm

SussexDon1inIreland wrote:CBI is funded by EU

Is supporting remain

Is not to be trusted like the Bank of England etc
This seems an appropriate thread to ask "What evidence do you have for that?"

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6362 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu May 30, 2019 6:59 pm

bob-the-scutter wrote:No, the very essence of why all the thicko's who are easily duped voted to leave. No one ever said all that money would go to the health service, it was inferred over and over so much it's become "fact"

An MP lying? My goodness.... shock horror!
He plastered it on a bus, as fact and stood by it, proclaiming its truth!

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6362 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu May 30, 2019 7:02 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:He's right - £350m can be saved
I believe that this particular fact is 100% incorrect and why the lawsuit is now in the crown court.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu May 30, 2019 7:09 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:End of the day, we all support the same team and that means I can put up with absolutely anyone as long as they support Burnley FC
That has limits. Zizkov has a genuine, no irony, Nazi. He's 20-odd and proudly wears "Grandad's SS Uniform"

Not likely to encounter many at the Turf, mind

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Thu May 30, 2019 7:26 pm

That's Wrongo for you, always relibel, even if he is libel to be completely wrong all the time.
Better not say more, I don't want to get sued for liable.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Below perfectly highlights why trying to have sensible debate with these right wing brexiteers is near on impossible

Corbyn whataboutery has been mentioned a few times already so AndrewJB actually addresses it to show it is the normal idiots believing what the are told on face value with no care for whether it is correct and factual

So now this will be ignored and then in a few pages time the idiots will use the argument again like AndrewJB post never existed.

Now for all I know AndrewJB's argument might be lies so come on all you idiots saying Corbyn should be arrested why dont you back up your claim cos at the moment AndrewJB has made youl look dishonest foolish puppets
Not sure why they would go down the free tuition route if they wanted to nail Corbyn.
They could of gone for the cut and dry stuff like...
Pretending there was no seats on an empty train.
He didnt attend a ceremony, laying wreaths for terrorists.
He isn't a communist etc etc.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 30, 2019 10:04 pm

TVC15 wrote:Oh the irony Damo.... "most" leavers don't tend to check the detail / facts before making comments
My bad. I didnt look back through multiple pages of Ringo and his like minded friends, pointless, bald men fighting over a comb argument.
I'm not going to now either, so I'll just take your word that I'm wrong, and the other people editing other peoples quotes are totally vindicated, and in now way as bad as him when it comes to discourse
Apologies
This user liked this post: TVC15

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu May 30, 2019 10:38 pm

Bloody hell, I don’t think I’ve ever sincerely wanted a poster to take an extended sabbatical for their own sake, but after Ringo’s increasingly manic ramblings, it’s looking that way.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu May 30, 2019 10:40 pm

Oh its good to be back.

#FreeBoris

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 30, 2019 10:49 pm

Damo wrote:Not sure why they would go down the free tuition route if they wanted to nail Corbyn.
They could of gone for the cut and dry stuff like...
Pretending there was no seats on an empty train.
He didnt attend a ceremony, laying wreaths for terrorists.
He isn't a communist etc etc.
Yep im sure there is some stuff they could rightly go at Corbyn with but my point wasnt really about Corbyn.

It was just an example of what I see a lot on here whereby a lot of the brexiteers and right wingers (not all) do just repeat stuff they've read on really biased and disingenuous news/media sites without any regard for its accuracy.

Then if someone tries to get into an evidence based discussion they either deflect on to something else, just side step the conversation or just reiterate the lies. The same rubbish is then regurgitated again and again even when it has been shown to be false

At least most of the Remain/liberal/left leaning posters try to respond to questions and try to show their thinking and sources. A lot of topics/opinions are not black and white and comes down to opinion so when both sides debate in good faith in an adult manner acknowledging the others arguments and countering them we can see some really good discussions

As said with a lot of the right wing idiots and I have no qualms about labeling them idiots genuine discussion is not possible

This is symbolic of discourse in general across the spectrum since Brexit although Im fully aware away from this forum there are plenty of idiots on the left who are just as bad. On this board however the majority of the brain donors definitely are on the right wing / hard Brexit side
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 30, 2019 11:04 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:This is symbolic of discourse in general across the spectrum since Brexit although Im fully aware away from this forum there are plenty of idiots on the left who are just as bad. On this board however the majority of the brain donors definitely are on the right wing / hard Brexit side
I cant argue with your last paragraph
I'm too tired to get into a discussion regarding the rest of it

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 30, 2019 11:08 pm

Damo wrote:I cant argue with your last paragraph
I'm too tired to get into a discussion regarding the rest of it
Thats fair enough I did go all a bit Long Time Lurker on the post and even tired myself out reading it back
This user liked this post: Damo

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu May 30, 2019 11:34 pm

aggi wrote:Fabricating quotes and attaching other posters names to them. It's a ballsy* way to "win" an argument.

*entirely dishonest
Oh dear, I didn't need to fabricate quotes to have won the argument, TVC15 had already admitted I was right.
TVC15 wrote:Wrongo - the answer is that you cannot be sued for liable whether you hold public office or not.
RingoMcCartney wrote:you meet the requirements for a civil action, you can sue someone for defamation, whether libel or slander, if they have written or said something bad about you. However, you must be able to prove the necessary elements of a defamation suit if you wish to collect damages.
TVC15 wrote:Yes that is correct.
I was just having a laugh. And you knew it.
But as I'd simultaneously proven you wrong too, again, you just has to rewrite history in a vain attempt at saving face. It didn't work.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:50 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Oh dear, I didn't need to fabricate quotes to have won the argument, TVC15 had already admitted I was right.

I was just having a laugh. And you knew it.
But as I'd simultaneously proven you wrong too, again, you just has to rewrite history in a vain attempt at saving face. It didn't work.
Nobody on this board - with the exception of you - thinks you have proven me wrong.
Everybody - with the exception of you - is laughing at how embarrassingly stupid you have been on this thread.

But feel free to carry on lying if it’s what gets you through life Wrongo.

And congratulations for the biggest “woosh” we have seen on this message board for a long long time. Maybe change your username to Ray Deakin in honour of it (sorry if that has gone over your head like the rest of this thread)
These 2 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex Greenmile

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu May 30, 2019 11:52 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Thats fair enough I did go all a bit Long Time Lurker on the post and even tired myself out reading it back
:lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu May 30, 2019 11:57 pm

TVC15 wrote:Hilarious - you are now going to the trouble of trying to quote me but amending my quotes..you need help.
Which post exactly did i say that you were correct to say that you could be sued for liable ?

Seriously you need help.
Not only are you thick as mince but you are a liar too.
I`d even go as far as to say you are fabricating evidence....but i doubt you know what fabricate means and we all definitely know you don't understand the meaning of the word EVIDENCE !
Thick as mince. But that thick I had you admit that after claiming
Then when I replied-

"If you meet the requirements for a civil action, you can sue someone for defamation, whether libel or slander, if they have written or said something bad about you. However, you must be able to prove the necessary elements of a defamation suit if you wish to collect damages."

https://injury-law.freeadvice.com/injur ... ements.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You were forced to admit -
TVC15 wrote:Yes that is correct
As for evidence.

Do you remember when I said that remoaners don't know the difference between evidence and conjecture. I'm sure you must. I said given we hadn't left yet there was no evidence that leaving the EU will be bad for the UK. We hadn't left yet and no other country had left previously. You cannot have evidence of an event that hadn't happened. You can make predictions and presumptions and forecasts. But evidence? No.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:45 pm
TVC15 wrote:As much as it irks me to say so Wrongo is kind of right in what he says - in so much at the moment it is opinions about what will happen post Brexit - albeit some of these opinions are based on evidence about what has happened to date and evidence based on what certain very influential business owners or industry leaders have said that they will do in a post Brexit scenario.
And you agreed with me!!!!!!!

Do try and remember TVC15, if you're going to have a pop at somebody for something they said previously. Best to jog your memory and think whether or not you actually agreed with them at the time!!!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri May 31, 2019 12:02 am

Damo wrote:My bad. I didnt look back through multiple pages of Ringo and his like minded friends, pointless, bald men fighting over a comb argument.
I'm not going to now either, so I'll just take your word that I'm wrong, and the other people editing other peoples quotes are totally vindicated, and in now way as bad as him when it comes to discourse
Apologies
I've got a fine head of hair I'll have you know. I did make up a quote. Of course I did. I did it for a laugh. I'd proven the usual suspects wrong, again after they'd attempted to get all self righteous about libel/slander and had I'd shown them to be wrong. It all came from a quip I'd made about their precious alisatir campbell. I get the better of them and took the Michael and boy did they not like it.

They've clearly crowd funded and had a communal sense of humourectomy

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:24 am

Still wooooosh Drongo

Why don’t you actually read your own original posts and work out why myself and everyone else on this thread is laughing at your stupidity.

I said you were correct in saying that people in and out of public office could be sued for libel - that’s on a par with you pointing out that the earth is round.

Do we all have to seriously point it out to you ?!!!

Look back at why I said one of your posts was correct (nobody was arguing with you about that one) and whilst your other ones prove beyond doubt you are thick as mince.

As for the other thread - well done in picking out one post amongst thousands - as usual you completely miss the point...just because you get the odd thing correct doesn’t mean you weren’t wrong in the other 99% of your posts on that thread as myself and everyone else on the thread pointed out to you.

Honestly you do need to seek some medical help - but maybe first work out how to use spell check ?

LIABLE LIABLE LIABLE LIABLE LIABLE LIABLE LIABLE LIABLE

LIBEL LIBEL LIBEL LIBEL LIBEL LIBEL LIBEL LIBEL LIBEL LIBEL
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri May 31, 2019 6:56 am

This is the funniest thread ever, Wrongo literally doesn't know how stupid he is.

But, all good things come to an end, please someone just answer his question...

"Does somebody need to hold a public office to be sued for liable?

Yes Or No?"

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:37 am

Imagine sending a book to be published with spelling mistakes but still being able to take the **** out of someone spelling something wrong on a football forum.

Perhaps you should have asked the intelligent to fix the mistakes of the stupid with your book

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri May 31, 2019 8:02 am

ZizkovClaret wrote:That has limits. Zizkov has a genuine, no irony, Nazi. He's 20-odd and proudly wears "Grandad's SS Uniform"

Not likely to encounter many at the Turf, mind
Yet

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Fri May 31, 2019 8:03 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:This is the funniest thread ever, Wrongo literally doesn't know how stupid he is.

But, all good things come to an end, please someone just answer his question...

"Does somebody need to hold a public office to be sued for liable?

Yes Or No?"
No.

However, those typing liable....do you mean libel?

I think Boris is being charged with 'misconduct in a public office'. Where has libel come from?
This charge is currently being brought under Civil Law, not Criminal Law.
I am not quite sure how the £350m claim has anything to do with his duties as Mayor of London.
So why would he be guilty of misconduct in a public office?
Still a judge seems to think there is a case to answer.

Boris should have qualified it by saying 'But we do get quite a bit of it back'.
Was it just Boris driving around in that bus? Did Gove never ride on that bus?