Extended home section in cricket field stand

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Funkydrummer
Posts: 6542
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 1624 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri May 31, 2019 5:51 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Can I point out that the chairman of Burnley Disabled Supporters Group has described the disabled facilities as the best he's witnessed. It would be virtually an impossible task for the club to start providing the necessary disabled toilets in all parts of the ground.
He needs to get out more !

Now there's an irony. :D

Claretforever
Posts: 2111
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 am
Been Liked: 708 times
Has Liked: 290 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Claretforever » Fri May 31, 2019 7:00 pm

The thing I’m totally p***ed off about with this recent announcement is that our club still thinks it’s 1985, and that there’s no way of finding out what other clubs are doing, or even why our club are really doing things.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with what our fans are asking for, so to state that is a downright lie. It’s spin taken to the max. Like our fans would be asking the club to make things better for away fans. I’m so annoyed with the club even thinking they could pull the wool over our eyes. They’d have been better off just doing it and saying nothing.

The Cricket Field stand needs replacing. The concourse for both sets of fans in totally inadequate. And now, rather than us hanging onto the fact it’s “traditional”, it’s going to look ridiculous, half wooden, half plastic.

Oh, and those plastic seats are the cheapest the club could have bought outside buying standard black, white, red, blue colours. They’re not even full back seats, so they aren’t improving anything by installing them....for away fans who might visit once per year.

The club are absolutely deluded if they think by ignoring fans asking for better concourse facilities, better refreshment provision, hot water, better toilet facilities, a better fan zone area, ideally safe standing, or what tottenham have and Wolves are getting this summer with “seatingnincorporating rails, that they can do an article and make people believe that’s what we’ve all been asking for. It’s bull****!!!

When was the last time our club did anything for the fans without their hand being forced, or for financial gain? It has to be Bonn Lord’s era. (Edit: I’ve checked and 1969 the Cricket Field was built when the fans weren’t asking for better facilities at the ends of the ground - 50 years ago!!!!!!!!)

We don’t feel like we’re a Premier League club, and don’t seem to have plans to become one either. Everything is piecemeal with no grand plan. So amateur.
Last edited by Claretforever on Fri May 31, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 5 users liked this post: Turfytop TsarBomba Corky groove bfcwest

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 10009
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2239 times
Has Liked: 1257 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri May 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Garlick is a Business man, not a football one.

I don't know if there's a lot more you can do the CF concourse though with the changing rooms etc being underneath.

Maybe bring the turnstyle wall further out, inline with the longside stand. Put some more kiosks and toilets there.

You would lose a bit of car parking and the spot where the away coach parks but I'm fine with that. Get the players back down the players entrance on Harry Potts way.

Pickles
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 pm
Been Liked: 232 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Pickles » Fri May 31, 2019 7:35 pm

Turf Moor is like stepping into a live interactive museum tour of 1985. It's a total time capsule. I'm sure we all like the heritage of the ground but there's a balance and currently, in fact for a while, it's swung the complete wrong way. It's only one example but I recently went to FC St. Pauli in the second tier of German football, a popular club but one with nothing like the revenue of Burnley and every aspect of their Millerntor Stadium was better than Turf Moor, especially the concourses in terms of kiosks, toilets and general presentation. It's got to the point where I'd be ecstatic if the panels on either sides of the Jimmy Mac and the Longside were given a wash and a paint, that's how low my expectations are.

Bfc
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:28 am
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Bfc » Fri May 31, 2019 7:54 pm

Spike re Plasic kills Dolphins.
I once went swimming with Dolphins, only because swimming with Sharks was going to cost me an arm and a leg.
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure tim_noone longsidepies

tim_noone
Posts: 14366
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3682 times
Has Liked: 12635 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by tim_noone » Fri May 31, 2019 8:16 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Garlick is a Business man, not a football one.

I don't know if there's a lot more you can do the CF concourse though with the changing rooms etc being underneath.
BULLDOZE IT!!! :roll:
Maybe bring the turnstyle wall further out, inline with the longside stand. Put some more kiosks and toilets there.

You would lose a bit of car parking and the spot where the away coach parks but I'm fine with that. Get the players back down the players entrance on Harry Potts way.

CoolClaret
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 7:39 pm
Been Liked: 427 times
Has Liked: 485 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by CoolClaret » Fri May 31, 2019 8:29 pm

I just hope that they don't ever do away with the wooden seats in the Bob Lord - they are leaps and bounds better than that cheap plastic shite

Claretforever
Posts: 2111
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 am
Been Liked: 708 times
Has Liked: 290 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Claretforever » Fri May 31, 2019 9:16 pm

CoolClaret wrote:I just hope that they don't ever do away with the wooden seats in the Bob Lord - they are leaps and bounds better than that cheap plastic shite
You’re right, and I can’t argue with the fact they are of a higher quality than the cheap plastic seats BUT, there are better quality plastic seats, such as those at Arsenal and Brighton wimhich kot only offer comfort but a large place to site like you have now.

It must be cheaper buying those that replacing any broken wooden ones nowadays.

At some stage we have to move into this century. Let’s donit with quality though, not those cheap nasty things.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

bateman
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:58 am
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by bateman » Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm

Pickles wrote:Turf Moor is like stepping into a live interactive museum tour of 1985. It's a total time capsule. I'm sure we all like the heritage of the ground but there's a balance and currently, in fact for a while, it's swung the complete wrong way. It's only one example but I recently went to FC St. Pauli in the second tier of German football, a popular club but one with nothing like the revenue of Burnley and every aspect of their Millerntor Stadium was better than Turf Moor, especially the concourses in terms of kiosks, toilets and general presentation. It's got to the point where I'd be ecstatic if the panels on either sides of the Jimmy Mac and the Longside were given a wash and a paint, that's how low my expectations are.
I can’t agree with this more.

Turf Moor is becoming the equivalent of an old person’s house with an “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” mentality. The type that the new owners spend 6 months gutting whilst wondering how anyone could have lived there.
These 5 users liked this post: tim_noone TsarBomba bfcwest Turfytop mybloodisclaret

CoolClaret
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 7:39 pm
Been Liked: 427 times
Has Liked: 485 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by CoolClaret » Fri May 31, 2019 10:01 pm

Claretforever wrote:You’re right, and I can’t argue with the fact they are of a higher quality than the cheap plastic seats BUT, there are better quality plastic seats, such as those at Arsenal and Brighton wimhich kot only offer comfort but a large place to site like you have now.

It must be cheaper buying those that replacing any broken wooden ones nowadays.

At some stage we have to move into this century. Let’s donit with quality though, not those cheap nasty things.
Fair comment, most stadiums I've been to with plastic seating - Old Trafford, Wembley to name a couple are woeful.

rob63
Posts: 661
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:15 pm
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by rob63 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:46 pm

TsarBomba wrote:Absolutely. If you go on with your mates, and all you need/want is a quick slash at 1455, and a warm beer at 1545, then the Turf is fine.

I’ve got two young boys, and I HAVE to take into account the facilities, the food, the seating options, the toilets, the concourses etc. And frankly, as it stands, they won’t be coming to the Turf anytime soon.

We REALLY do need to consider the next generation of fan, and how we’re getting them. It’s not the 70’s/80’s/90’s now, attitudes have changed whether we like it or not.

I know the new Spurs ground is an exception, but that is what prospective fans, families, expect now. It’s not just about the football, it’s everything else that goes with it.
Bars, food, live music.

There’s a helluva lot of fans going down town and spending good money in bars and pubs before and after the game. Why aren’t the club tapping into this?
It's because the board for all their business acumen are largely inexperienced in the leisure industry, maybe time to bring in some consultation from more experienced eyes to try to increase income via these potential new revenue streams. Then all you have to do is listen to the moans from people who are amazed they can't all get served simultaneously at half-time :lol:

Spijed
Posts: 11460
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2003 times
Has Liked: 877 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Spijed » Fri May 31, 2019 10:49 pm

Claretforever wrote:We don’t feel like we’re a Premier League club, and don’t seem to have plans to become one either. Everything is piecemeal with no grand plan. So amateur.
Preston have a better ground than ours yet I'm willing to bet every single one of their supporters would swap grounds to be in our position.

Don't kid yourself, we are every bit a Premier league club and are the envy of football supporters everywhere.

As for the CFS, away fans will tell you it has far better atmosphere than the Emirates or the Etihad, for example.

bfcwest
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:51 pm
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by bfcwest » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:03 am

Spijed wrote:Preston have a better ground than ours yet I'm willing to bet every single one of their supporters would swap grounds to be in our position.

Don't kid yourself, we are every bit a Premier league club and are the envy of football supporters everywhere.

As for the CFS, away fans will tell you it has far better atmosphere than the Emirates or the Etihad, for example.

The ground would be a joke even if we were in league 1. We are making millions and should be improving the ground whilst we can, both for existing fans AND in order to attract new fans whilst the sun shines in the Prem. What has Preston being below us got to do with that? Spijed, you really will defend any old ******** if it justifies avoiding any change. Change is scary to some people.... (cue you now coming back asking for examples....yawn....)
This user liked this post: Turfytop

Spijed
Posts: 11460
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2003 times
Has Liked: 877 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Spijed » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:37 am

bfcwest wrote:The ground would be a joke even if we were in league 1. We are making millions and should be improving the ground whilst we can, both for existing fans AND in order to attract new fans whilst the sun shines in the Prem. What has Preston being below us got to do with that? Spijed, you really will defend any old ******** if it justifies avoiding any change. Change is scary to some people.... (cue you now coming back asking for examples....yawn....)
Attract new fans?

We only fill the ground when we play the big clubs, same for most teams in the Prem. There is no chance people will come in extra numbers to see us play teams like Watford, Bournemouth or Southampton for example.

bfcwest
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:51 pm
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by bfcwest » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:57 am

We'd get bigger crowds for all games if the ground was improved. Stop obsessing with how often we fill the ground, it is a red herring.
These 3 users liked this post: AndyClaret Turfytop Claretforever

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 10009
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2239 times
Has Liked: 1257 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:00 am

Spijed wrote:Attract new fans?

We only fill the ground when we play the big clubs, same for most teams in the Prem. There is no chance people will come in extra numbers to see us play teams like Watford, Bournemouth or Southampton for example.
We are building a fan base that is growing all the time. We sold out the home sections over 12 times I think last year.

Over 20k regular fans turning up every week seemed impossible 25 years ago.

I bet the extra seats in the CF that will have decent views get snapped up.
These 4 users liked this post: AndyClaret Turfytop Tricky Trevor thomaspaine

aggi
Posts: 5668
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 am
Been Liked: 1333 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by aggi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:03 am

Spijed wrote:Attract new fans?

We only fill the ground when we play the big clubs, same for most teams in the Prem. There is no chance people will come in extra numbers to see us play teams like Watford, Bournemouth or Southampton for example.
That's a weirdly backwards argument (and not actually correct when you look at the attendances), there's no point in trying to attract bigger crowds because our crowds aren't big enough.
These 4 users liked this post: AndyClaret bfcwest Turfytop Claretforever

Claretforever
Posts: 2111
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 am
Been Liked: 708 times
Has Liked: 290 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Claretforever » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:09 am

Our fans fall for the Chairman’s rhetoric when all he does, as the clever businessman he is, is turn a desire for improved stadia and facilities into a discussion around capacity. In other words he dodges the talks for a year or two. Easy.

We ask for imorovements, he ignores that bit and says in an interview that we’ll increase capacity when we regularly fill it (ignoring again some of the other bits covered lower down). So he’s turned the thing on it’s head and our fans then repeat those lines over and over on the internet like sheep.

Taking the capacity argument, which is different than the facilities and improvements one if you weren’t aware, the reality is that we sell out around 95% of available home seats on average, which is high.

People don’t want to buy the final few hundred single tickets around the ground than are in corners, behind posts, front seats below pitch level with a roof which doesn’t protect them, or be sat alone instead of with friends and family...

Increase capacity SLIGHTLY, just by a couple of thousand or so, and you will sell more home tickets. Ensure all seats are decent. Also, you then dip into other club’s traditional catchment areas to steal our fans of the future by doing deals, which you struggle to do when selling 95% of available home seats.
These 6 users liked this post: bfcwest Goody1975 Turfytop claret wizard AndyClaret Wokingclaret

Goody1975
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:38 am
Been Liked: 456 times
Has Liked: 123 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:26 am

Claretforever wrote:Our fans fall for the Chairman’s rhetoric when all he does, as the clever businessman he is, is turn a desire for improved stadia and facilities into a discussion around capacity. In other words he dodges the talks for a year or two. Easy.

We ask for imorovements, he ignores that bit and says in an interview that we’ll increase capacity when we regularly fill it (ignoring again some of the other bits covered lower down). So he’s turned the thing on it’s head and our fans then repeat those lines over and over on the internet like sheep.

Taking the capacity argument, which is different than the facilities and improvements one if you weren’t aware, the reality is that we sell out around 95% of available home seats on average, which is high.

People don’t want to buy the final few hundred single tickets around the ground than are in corners, behind posts, front seats below pitch level with a roof which doesn’t protect them, or be sat alone instead of with friends and family...

Increase capacity SLIGHTLY, just by a couple of thousand or so, and you will sell more home tickets. Ensure all seats are decent. Also, you then dip into other club’s traditional catchment areas to steal our fans of the future by doing deals, which you struggle to do when selling 95% of available home seats.
This

There are a small band of us who keep trying to convince the masses CF but unfortunately they don't want to listen.
These 5 users liked this post: bfcwest Turfytop AndyClaret Wokingclaret Claretforever

bfcwest
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:51 pm
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by bfcwest » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 am

We need an increase in capacity to decent seats in positions where there is demand e.g. Side on to the pitch, closer to the half way line, high enough up to be able to watch the play, not behind a pillar and not likely to get soaked. There are loads of fans and potential fans who don't bother going on that much as the only seats that are ever left are just sub standard by modern expectations. Those of you who say "but we are happy with what we have now" are not really relevant to this debate. It's about building for the future.
These 2 users liked this post: Turfytop Claretforever

TsarBomba
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:51 pm
Been Liked: 355 times
Has Liked: 82 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 am

Claretforever wrote:Our fans fall for the Chairman’s rhetoric when all he does, as the clever businessman he is, is turn a desire for improved stadia and facilities into a discussion around capacity. In other words he dodges the talks for a year or two. Easy.

We ask for imorovements, he ignores that bit and says in an interview that we’ll increase capacity when we regularly fill it (ignoring again some of the other bits covered lower down). So he’s turned the thing on it’s head and our fans then repeat those lines over and over on the internet like sheep.

Taking the capacity argument, which is different than the facilities and improvements one if you weren’t aware, the reality is that we sell out around 95% of available home seats on average, which is high.

People don’t want to buy the final few hundred single tickets around the ground than are in corners, behind posts, front seats below pitch level with a roof which doesn’t protect them, or be sat alone instead of with friends and family...

Increase capacity SLIGHTLY, just by a couple of thousand or so, and you will sell more home tickets. Ensure all seats are decent. Also, you then dip into other club’s traditional catchment areas to steal our fans of the future by doing deals, which you struggle to do when selling 95% of available home seats.
Spot on.

This is our golden opportunity to really cement and grow our fanbase for the next 25+ years.

We are the top club in Lancashire, and have been for some time. Bradford are in League 2, and Leeds are perennially stuck in the Championship.
These 2 users liked this post: Wuggawumphwumph Turfytop

Spijed
Posts: 11460
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2003 times
Has Liked: 877 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Spijed » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 am

TsarBomba wrote:Spot on.

This is our golden opportunity to really cement and grow our fanbase for the next 25+ years.

We are the top club in Lancashire, and have been for some time. Bradford are in League 2, and Leeds are perennially stuck in the Championship.
Strange how Rovers couldn't build up their fanbase despite winning the PL.

No wonder their supporters think we are deluded with our potential fan base.

And you know what, reading some of the comments on here they are not too far from the truth.
This user liked this post: Leisure

scouseclaret
Posts: 1725
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:29 pm
Been Liked: 598 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:40 am

Bloody hell. Here we are about to go into our 5th season as a top flight football in 6 years, and we have a 3 page thread of people whinging about the state of the ground!

We started to prioritise the ground ahead of the team last time we were at this level for any length of time and it didn’t end well. We could, however, claim to have “the best ground in the 4th Division”.

What would you prefer?
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure bobinho

TsarBomba
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:51 pm
Been Liked: 355 times
Has Liked: 82 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:50 am

Spijed wrote:Strange how Rovers couldn't build up their fanbase despite winning the PL.

No wonder their supporters think we are deluded with our potential fan base.

And you know what, reading some of the comments on here they are not too far from the truth.
So because Rovers couldn’t build their fanbase 25 years ago, we shouldn’t bother, or at least try? Weird argument.

Why on earth are you referring to a different club, operating 25 years ago, in completely different circumstances, as an argument why we shouldn’t be looking to seize the opportunity we have now?

Next you’ll be telling me that we should be fortunate to even have a club. Do you have ‘1987’ stamped on your forehead?

I used to sit near a woman who would sneer at walk ons whenever it was a big game, and would take perverse pleasure in being one of the sub 10k on a Tuesday night.

Some Burnley fans are just odd.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

bfcwest
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:51 pm
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by bfcwest » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:55 am

scouseclaret wrote:Bloody hell. Here we are about to go into our 5th season as a top flight football in 6 years, and we have a 3 page thread of people whinging about the state of the ground!

We started to prioritise the ground ahead of the team last time we were at this level for any length of time and it didn’t end well. We could, however, claim to have “the best ground in the 4th Division”.

What would you prefer?

The principal that it can only be one or the other is ridiculous. Every other club is trying to do both because they feel the two go hand in hand. Improved facilities and increased capacity can have a long term relationship with success on the pitch. But the Chairman and some narrow minded Burnley fans think they know better!!
These 2 users liked this post: Turfytop Wuggawumphwumph

Spijed
Posts: 11460
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2003 times
Has Liked: 877 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Spijed » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:57 am

TsarBomba wrote:So because Rovers couldn’t build their fanbase 25 years ago, we shouldn’t bother, or at least try? Weird argument.

Why on earth are you referring to a different club, operating 25 years ago, in completely different circumstances, as an argument why we shouldn’t be looking to seize the opportunity we have now?

Next you’ll be telling me that we should be fortunate to even have a club. Do you have ‘1987’ stamped on your forehead?

I used to sit near a woman who would sneer at walk ons whenever it was a big game, and would take perverse pleasure in being one of the sub 10k on a Tuesday night.

Some Burnley fans are just odd.
The point is that we are similar in size to Rovers and if we go down we will have similar gates to them in a couple of seasons. That's how it's going to be, whether you like it or not. Do you think if they got promoted they would start stealing our fans?

Leisure
Posts: 9471
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 pm
Been Liked: 1538 times
Has Liked: 4929 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Leisure » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:04 am

TsarBomba wrote: I’ve got two young boys, and I HAVE to take into account the facilities, the food, the seating options, the toilets, the concourses etc. And frankly, as it stands, they won’t be coming to the Turf anytime soon.
Really! So what would the club have to do for you to
take your lads?

Leisure
Posts: 9471
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 pm
Been Liked: 1538 times
Has Liked: 4929 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Leisure » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:10 am

Leisure wrote:Whilst there are certainly some valid points here I still feel that it's way off the mark to say that fans are way down on the priorities of Turf Moor . Also, I'm not clear if your criticism is aimed at the Directors or management or both?

But to respond to some of your points -
Disabled facilities - 2 new corner stands provided.
The Ticket Office is being improved.
Toilets - I can only comment on those which I use in the JHU and yes, they are regularly in need of attention. Maybe you've also used them in the other parts of the ground? Which other toilets are an issue?
Stadium open to the elements - Correct. What do you suggest that 'they' should do about this?
Insufficient/ none existing lighting/drainage on making your way to, from, entering and exiting the ground - Certainly an issue existing the CF but not sure about the other areas of the ground. Which other areas are a problem?
The various cost/price increases on a wide range of things. Even costs put on things that didnt have a price at all 3 years ago. - As in all walks of life if items cost the club more to purchase ie food and drinks, then of course the additional cost will be passed onto the customer. What items didn't have a price 3 years ago? When was the last time that season ticket prices were raised?
I genuinely think it's an accident waiting to happen in the CFS regards the concourse. - I don't use the CF so please can you be more specific?
Please feel free to tell me what they provide for you at Turf Moor that makes you feel a valued and welcome customer - Any suggestiuons on what you feel that the club should do that they don't do now?

I've already e-mailed the Supporters Liaison Officer at the club asking for your comments to be passed onto the Management Team and will happily pass on any further comments you have, UTC
Macca - Please can you respond. Cheers.

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 10009
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2239 times
Has Liked: 1257 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:10 am

Spijed wrote:Strange how Rovers couldn't build up their fanbase despite winning the PL.

No wonder their supporters think we are deluded with our potential fan base.

And you know what, reading some of the comments on here they are not too far from the truth.
Are you claiming Rovers didn't build up theit fan base?

They went from 8k average to around 28k average in a few years. With 32k gates for the big teams/games.

Every team loses fans when you go down but Rovers have around 13k on despite spending years out of the top league.
Around 4k more than before they played in the premier league and built their fan base up.
This user liked this post: Claretforever

Murger
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 pm
Been Liked: 457 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Murger » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:22 am

Agreed with a lot of what has been said. The facilities are a joke. No hot water, no contactless, sub-par food kiosks, a fanzone in a tent, toilets in a portaloo. So amateur.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

bobinho
Posts: 4797
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm
Been Liked: 1970 times
Has Liked: 3052 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by bobinho » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 am

As an aside, and back onto the original post, will this mean that my seat (deliberately chosen so I could be close to the away fans) is now going to be further away from the away fans?

If so, that’s not what I wanted when I brought my ticket. I think ST holders should’ve been contacted to advise of what the plan was giving them the opportunity to move.

Spijed
Posts: 11460
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2003 times
Has Liked: 877 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Spijed » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:34 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Are you claiming Rovers didn't build up theit fan base?

They went from 8k average to around 28k average in a few years. With 32k gates for the big teams/games.

Every team loses fans when you go down but Rovers have around 13k on despite spending years out of the top league.
Around 4k more than before they played in the premier league and built their fan base up.
No they didn't. They averaged 23/24k for a couple of seasons. There is a good website that shows average attendances for all clubs historically.

Even going back through the years they've always had slightly higher gates than us, so they haven't increased their fan base anymore than you would expect.

And 13k is what you'd expect in the Championship anyway.

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 10009
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2239 times
Has Liked: 1257 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 am

Spijed wrote:No they didn't. They averaged 23/24k for a couple of seasons. There is a good website that shows average attendances for all clubs historically.

Even going back through the years they've always had slightly higher gates than us, so they haven't increased their fan base anymore than you would expect.

And 13k is what you'd expect in the Championship anyway.
So you say they improved their attendances but still deny they built their fanbase?

Strange.

Spijed
Posts: 11460
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 2003 times
Has Liked: 877 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Spijed » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:55 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:So you say they improved their attendances but still deny they built their fanbase?

Strange.
Only improved attendances as you would expect in the top division, and they dropped off in line with what you would expect once relegated.

You'll see exactly the same with Huddersfield and Cardiff in a couple of seasons. They won't be getting anywhere near the same gates if they stay in the Championship.

I suspect every club would follow the same line on a graph when you look at their crowds following promotion and relegation and we are no different.

randomclaret2
Posts: 3729
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2462 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:12 am

If we had replaced all the seats , not just the away section, we could have increased the capacity of the home section even more.

ZizkovClaret
Posts: 4727
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:50 pm
Been Liked: 1437 times
Has Liked: 1918 times
Location: Praha
Contact:

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by ZizkovClaret » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:24 am

scouseclaret wrote:Bloody hell. Here we are about to go into our 5th season as a top flight football in 6 years, and we have a 3 page thread of people whinging about the state of the ground!

We started to prioritise the ground ahead of the team last time we were at this level for any length of time and it didn’t end well. We could, however, claim to have “the best ground in the 4th Division”.

What would you prefer?
Complacency is toxic
This user liked this post: Claretforever

scouseclaret
Posts: 1725
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:29 pm
Been Liked: 598 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by scouseclaret » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:33 am

bfcwest wrote:The principal that it can only be one or the other is ridiculous. Every other club is trying to do both because they feel the two go hand in hand. Improved facilities and increased capacity can have a long term relationship with success on the pitch. But the Chairman and some narrow minded Burnley fans think they know better!!
And our way of doing both is to build slowly, rather than throw tens of millions at it. The long-overdue disabled facilities are part of that. Maybe the club is waiting to see what happens with safe-standing before redeveloping the Cricket Field stand.

As for capacity, 25k is plenty - any bigger and it’ll fell like playing in an empty stadium next time we’re in the Championship.

Murger
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 pm
Been Liked: 457 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Murger » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:42 am

scouseclaret wrote:And our way of doing both is to build slowly, rather than throw tens of millions at it. The long-overdue disabled facilities are part of that. Maybe the club is waiting to see what happens with safe-standing before redeveloping the Cricket Field stand.

As for capacity, 25k is plenty - any bigger and it’ll fell like playing in an empty stadium next time we’re in the Championship.
The only reason they are building the disabled facilities is because they had too, that's the whole point. They only do things when they are forced too. Reactive rather than pro-active.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

jrgbfc
Posts: 4448
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 pm
Been Liked: 1095 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:47 am

Let's not kid ourselves if the regulations regarding disabled facilities didn't come in the club would have been quite happy for our disabled supporters to continue sitting out in the open getting ****** wet through all winter.
These 4 users liked this post: ZizkovClaret randomclaret2 Turfytop longsidepies

TheFamilyCat
Posts: 6133
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 3054 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:08 am

TsarBomba wrote:Spot on.

This is our golden opportunity to really cement and grow our fanbase for the next 25+ years.

We are the top club in Lancashire, and have been for some time. Bradford are in League 2, and Leeds are perennially stuck in the Championship.
If you want to grow our fanbase take your own kids you big wet lettuce.

Blackrod
Posts: 5140
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 1336 times
Has Liked: 600 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Blackrod » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:25 am

Without reading the whole thread I presume this means less leg room. There’s v little of it in JH lower. Is there more room in the upper levels of the new stands than the lower because of the pitch if the steps ? I’ve been in the upper levels but not often so can’t renember.

2 Bee Holed
Posts: 990
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:37 am
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 15 times
Location: South Manchester

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:32 am

Leisure wrote:Macca - Please can you respond. Cheers.
Leisure: I'll answer for you about the CFS Concourse.
I am not sure what has caused this, but I suspect it is since it was split into 1/3 and 2/3rds.
I used to go in there in the old First Division (with similar size crowds) and whilst I was a lot younger the crowding didn't seem
anywhere near as bad as it is now.

By Serious incident I suspect the poster was talking about crushing injuries.
I too worry about this at times.

Possible Cheap Solutions. Cost £75,000. About the cost of 1 crushing injury claim.

1/. Close the bar at the bottom of the staircase. Convert this to toilets. Sometimes it's even hard to get down the stairs.
Currently we have 1-way into the toilets and the same way out for 1,500 people.
2/. Remove the shelving and bins opposite the current bars and toilets this encourages congregating in these areas.
3/. The area to the left of the staircase, (toward the partition in the concourse) needs to be converted into a long thin bar. (non smoking)
Move the TV's into this area, again this causes congregation outside the toilets. The only b***dy TV is over the entrance to the current toilets!
Put plenty of drinks shelving in this area.
4/. The 2 portacabin bars in the open area of the concourse need to be built in a more permanent fashion with a roof over, but still allowing smoking in an open area, PLEASE!
5/. Install a drain at the steel shutter door exit, that allows rain water to flow away. I can no longer perform a 2m long jump at my age.
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure Rick_Muller bobinho

NottsClaret
Posts: 2201
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:05 am
Been Liked: 1807 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by NottsClaret » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:33 am

Inclined to agree with Spijed here. The ‘fanbase’ isn’t Burnley’s or Blackburn’s, it’s the Premier League’s.

Same for every mid-size club with 10-15,000 fans. Build whatever you want, they’re not watching us play Reading in the Championship because we were once the best side in Lancashire for a few years.

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 10009
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2239 times
Has Liked: 1257 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:34 am

Blackrod wrote:Without reading the whole thread I presume this means less leg room. There’s v little of it in JH lower. Is there more room in the upper levels of the new stands than the lower because of the pitch if the steps ? I’ve been in the upper levels but not often so can’t renember.
No, it means less sideways room.

The concrete steps determine your allocated space which can't be reduced. The seats are going smaller so you should have a few more inches leg room (instead of seat) forward and a few inches less sideways. Where they can move you up to allow more seats.

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 10009
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2239 times
Has Liked: 1257 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:45 am

2 Bee Holed wrote:Leisure: I'll answer for you about the CFS Concourse.
I am not sure what has caused this, but I suspect it is since it was split into 1/3 and 2/3rds.
I used to go in there in the old First Division (with similar size crowds) and whilst I was a lot younger the crowding didn't seem
anywhere near as bad as it is now.

By Serious incident I suspect the poster was talking about crushing injuries.
I too worry about this at times.

Possible Cheap Solutions. Cost £75,000. About the cost of 1 crushing injury claim.

1/. Close the bar at the bottom of the staircase. Convert this to toilets. Sometimes it's even hard to get down the stairs.
Currently we have 1-way into the toilets and the same way out for 1,500 people.
2/. Remove the shelving and bins opposite the current bars and toilets this encourages congregating in these areas.
3/. The area to the left of the staircase, (toward the partition in the concourse) needs to be converted into a long thin bar. (non smoking)
Move the TV's into this area, again this causes congregation outside the toilets. The only b***dy TV is over the entrance to the current toilets!
Put plenty of drinks shelving in this area.
4/. The 2 portacabin bars in the open area of the concourse need to be built in a more permanent fashion with a roof over, but still allowing smoking in an open area, PLEASE!
5/. Install a drain at the steel shutter door exit, that allows rain water to flow away. I can no longer perform a 2m long jump at my age.
Some good points but the changing room facilities will occupy to the left where you would put a bar in.

The first windows of the kiosk need shutting. Health and safety would shut that down straight away.

The cheapest way to sort it would be to buy 20ft of the cricket club land that runs along the back of the stand. 10ft breeze block wall and put a roof on. Cut some double door openings into the area for access adjacent the stairways from the stand.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Paul Waine
Posts: 6174
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:28 pm
Been Liked: 1440 times
Has Liked: 1761 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:48 am

Spike wrote:why the rush to nasty plastic?

Plastic kills dolphins!

To prove my case when was the last time you saw a dolphin in Burnley?
Hi Spike, it may have been the wooden seats that've been keeping the dolphins away. :( ;)

Leisure
Posts: 9471
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 pm
Been Liked: 1538 times
Has Liked: 4929 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Leisure » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:09 pm

2 Bee Holed/Quickenthetempo - Thanks for your suggestions. I haven't been in the CFS since it was split, so I'm not too conversant with the layout underneath or the afrea immediately you enter through the turnstiles but to create more space do you feel that it would be feasible to move the turnstiles outward so that they are flush with the JH ones? To me that would create a fair bit of extra space but may not help the overcrowding under the stand which you refer to?

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 10009
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2239 times
Has Liked: 1257 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:35 pm

Leisure wrote:2 Bee Holed/Quickenthetempo - Thanks for your suggestions. I haven't been in the CFS since it was split, so I'm not too conversant with the layout underneath or the afrea immediately you enter through the turnstiles but to create more space do you feel that it would be feasible to move the turnstiles outward so that they are flush with the JH ones? To me that would create a fair bit of extra space but may not help the overcrowding under the stand which you refer to?
It would do if you took the kiosk out at the bottom of the stairs and put them in the new area.

But at the minute you come straight down the only staircase, straight into two queues for beer and pies with it being a corner kiosk.

You have to fight your way through.

BleedingClaret
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:06 am
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 1199 times
Location: Burnley Boy exiled in Nelson

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by BleedingClaret » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:56 pm

They need a strip of land at the back of the cricket field stand, fenced and gated and used as a walk way before and after the game. At halftime shut the gates and have entrance into it from the back of CFS to allow more concourse space.
I think they do it at Accy and Bristol City
The burger vans etc are outside before and after the game but inside during without moving
I realise that the Cricket club probably own this strip of land but buy it off then.

Steve1956
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 3256 times
Has Liked: 1617 times
Location: Fife

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Just a thought,when safe standing comes in and your a season ticket holder do you have your own standing spot on the terrace or will you just be able to go anywhere,the thought of legitimately standing at a football match again is exciting me. :D

Post Reply