Extended home section in cricket field stand

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Turfytop
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 449 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by Turfytop » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:26 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:Leisure: I'll answer for you about the CFS Concourse.
I am not sure what has caused this, but I suspect it is since it was split into 1/3 and 2/3rds.
I used to go in there in the old First Division (with similar size crowds) and whilst I was a lot younger the crowding didn't seem
anywhere near as bad as it is now.

By Serious incident I suspect the poster was talking about crushing injuries.
I too worry about this at times.

Possible Cheap Solutions. Cost £75,000. About the cost of 1 crushing injury claim.

1/. Close the bar at the bottom of the staircase. Convert this to toilets. Sometimes it's even hard to get down the stairs.
Currently we have 1-way into the toilets and the same way out for 1,500 people.
2/. Remove the shelving and bins opposite the current bars and toilets this encourages congregating in these areas.
3/. The area to the left of the staircase, (toward the partition in the concourse) needs to be converted into a long thin bar. (non smoking)
Move the TV's into this area, again this causes congregation outside the toilets. The only b***dy TV is over the entrance to the current toilets!
Put plenty of drinks shelving in this area.
4/. The 2 portacabin bars in the open area of the concourse need to be built in a more permanent fashion with a roof over, but still allowing smoking in an open area, PLEASE!
5/. Install a drain at the steel shutter door exit, that allows rain water to flow away. I can no longer perform a 2m long jump at my age.
It’s scandalous your having to point these problems out to the club

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:54 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Are you claiming Rovers didn't build up theit fan base?

They went from 8k average to around 28k average in a few years. With 32k gates for the big teams/games.

Every team loses fans when you go down but Rovers have around 13k on despite spending years out of the top league.
Around 4k more than before they played in the premier league and built their fan base up.
I’ve been saying similar for years now. Rovers, when the only Lancashire club in the Premier League, aggressively marketed to grow their fan bas doe the entire west Lancashire coast. Free transport from Kendal and Lancaster, targeting students with cheap tickets. That’s why they can command larger crowds now for off cup games, and why their ticket sales will always be higher at a similar level to us.

We’re not even suggesting building a 31,000 capacity ground, just 25,000 tops. That’s only if we have to have the capacity debate rather than the improvement debate.

Great point you made.

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:59 pm

scouseclaret wrote:Bloody hell. Here we are about to go into our 5th season as a top flight football in 6 years, and we have a 3 page thread of people whinging about the state of the ground!

We started to prioritise the ground ahead of the team last time we were at this level for any length of time and it didn’t end well. We could, however, claim to have “the best ground in the 4th Division”.

What would you prefer?

The last time you’re talking about we spend £480,000 over 5-6 years, which was about half of our turnover during that period.

Today’s equivalent would be us spending £350 million on two stands.

I’d imagine replacing both older stands and doing up the 1990’s ones would cost £40-50m to have a classy job done. Probably 2/3 of that to cut some corners. That’s about 7% of our 6 year turnover if we stay up and consistently finish 15-17th.

In other words you’re making a ridiculous comparison,

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:02 pm

Claretforever wrote:I’ve been saying similar for years now. Rovers, when the only Lancashire club in the Premier League, aggressively marketed to grow their fan bas doe the entire west Lancashire coast. Free transport from Kendal and Lancaster, targeting students with cheap tickets. That’s why they can command larger crowds now for off cup games, and why their ticket sales will always be higher at a similar level to us.

We’re not even suggesting building a 31,000 capacity ground, just 25,000 tops. That’s only if we have to have the capacity debate rather than the improvement debate.

Great point you made.
Couple of points there.

1) They've always had slightly larger gates than us, and 2) They flogged cheap season tickets which means they are stuck with charging the same prices in the Championship whilst being desperate for income. It's crippling them! Selling £200 season tickets has left them in a mess.

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:05 pm

Spijed wrote:Couple of points there.

1) They've always had slightly larger gates than us, and 2) They flogged cheap season tickets which means they are stuck with charging the same prices in the Championship whilst being desperate for income. It's crippling them! Selling £200 season tickets has left them in a mess.
They flogged cheap season tickets from 2007 onwards. They reduced the prices over the summer of 2007 and even further over the summer of 2009.

Our average gate in the top division across all seasons since 1925 to now compared with a Rovers is slightly higher than theirs.

Edit: I say 1925 as from the 1925/26 season the Football league demanded accurate attendance figures from all clubs, rather than the rounded up guesstimates, which could be wildly inaccurate according to some sources.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:16 pm

Haven’t read the whole thread but basically it sounds as if the ground improvements in, and including, the last 12 months are limited to two things that the authorities insisted upon, and one of these (the added capacity) that could make the experience worse for those sitting in there already by making the concourse even busier?

I skimmed the club’s quotes on this, and to paraphrase it seemed to be something like “we can’t risk doing anything more dramatic because it could affect the atmosphere which we know is an advantage to the team”. Something also about hearing feedback from the fans - not sure which fans would have recommended this?

If this is the sum total, it seems like taking us for granted again. I’ll look forward to my annual game of Russian roulette with the winter vomiting bug again, due to the lack of hot water in the JHU (anyone slagging off the “moaners” has clearly not experienced this after a visit to the Turf).
This user liked this post: Turfytop

Turfytop
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 449 times

Post by Turfytop » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:22 pm

Spijed
Why do you keep going on about capacity increases and average attendance, most people are on about replacing the two stands that were built in the 60s and 70s and let’s be honest haven’t had much done to them since then, to bring the ground into the modern era to give the fans the best possible facilities, we are in the premier league the supposed best league in the world, earning millions, where most other clubs have fantastic facilities and all we do is patch up ageing stands, as cheap as possible, turf moor looks a shoddy mess at moment, the club don’t seem to have any pride in how the turf looks

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 pm

All I’d like doing is the BL/Cricket Field knocked down and using the same blue print for both stands but modern engineering.

The Cricket End could be built right down level or even further back that what the Longside is. (Not the stand obviously but the actual structure allowing for a bigger concourse, tv box, police box etc
This user liked this post: tim_noone

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 3950 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Some brilliant points on here and some great debating points.

I am a CFS ST holder, and it is well and truly getting beyond a joke down there. 1 bar trying to serve usually anywhere between 700-1000 who want a drink at ht. Absolutely no room to stand in. Realistically if you want a drink you have to go down 5 mins before half time. Toilets really are embarrassing. The urinal on the right has been blocked for the last 2 years, and I'm not joking. The crush at ht really is pretty bad.
I know I could move stands etc, but the thing is, I like the atmosphere and like the people around where we stand.
Always better to fix the roof when the sun is shining.
This user liked this post: bobinho

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:23 pm

Turfytop wrote:It’s scandalous your having to point these problems out to the club
I emailed the clubs ground safety officer on a number of these points over 18 months ago. I’d suggested that as the season was still in full flow, just one visit to the concourse would be needed to see the potential problems that could arise due to the current layout.

As a ground safety officer should be primarily interested in any ‘pinch points’ you would expect some feedback, especially after explaining that my thoughts and opinions were based on a good number of years of experience of managing Health & Safety. I even signed off the email with my “professional” signature block, using the post nominal letters I have attained in the H&S field which demonstrate my knowledge and skills in this area, whilst also proving affiliation to the IOSH body.

No response whatsoever.

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:32 pm

bobinho wrote:I emailed the clubs ground safety officer on a number of these points over 18 months ago. I’d suggested that as the season was still in full flow, just one visit to the concourse would be needed to see the potential problems that could arise due to the current layout.

As a ground safety officer should be primarily interested in any ‘pinch points’ you would expect some feedback, especially after explaining that my thoughts and opinions were based on a good number of years of experience of managing Health & Safety. I even signed off the email with my “professional” signature block, using the post nominal letters I have attained in the H&S field which demonstrate my knowledge and skills in this area, whilst also proving affiliation to the IOSH body.

No response whatsoever.
May I suggest you find that email and forward onto the same person and also copy another club official in so they can’t hide behind technical issues if something went wrong down there? For a small amount of money, as highlighted further up, it could be reconfigured. Having the kiosk in the way of the stairs is abolsutely bonkers.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:53 pm

bobinho wrote:I emailed the clubs ground safety officer on a number of these points over 18 months ago. I’d suggested that as the season was still in full flow, just one visit to the concourse would be needed to see the potential problems that could arise due to the current layout.

No response whatsoever.
Bob - Try emailing the Supporters Liaison Officer, Harriett Harbridge - H.Harbridge@burnleyfc.com
This user liked this post: bobinho

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Claretforever wrote:May I suggest you find that email and forward onto the same person and also copy another club official in so they can’t hide behind technical issues if something went wrong down there? For a small amount of money, as highlighted further up, it could be reconfigured. Having the kiosk in the way of the stairs is abolsutely bonkers.
Bonkers indeed. But the cynic in me thinks this will already have been thought about and discarded as it MAY mean a slight drop in revenue due to fans seeing the increase in the size of the queues and giving it a miss. Three outlets down to two in the same time window and all that...

I did consider the cc option, as this can have the desired effect whilst at work, but decided against it. My bad.

I will write another and send it on to the person Leisure suggested.

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Turfytop wrote:It’s scandalous your having to point these problems out to the club
Turfytop.

To answer a few points raised concerning my post.

I was pointing out the problems to Leisure. ;)

As for my idea behind a long thin bar in concourse towards the partition.
I am guessing its 5 or 6m wide there.
Taking 1.5m of it to build a long thin bar....in what is a largely unused area of the concourse....
would imo reduce the congestion.
The actual serving capacity would therefore increase. Not reduce as some have suggested.

I have found emailing the club on contentious issues (like Health & Safety) doesn't work.
I was assaulted in that end. 5 emails and 1.5 years later I finally got a response from the club.
It basically said we note what has happened!
Next time straight to the Police.

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:26 pm

Quickenthetempo, you appear to be right with 10 seats a row being installed, from what I’ve seen. There’s now only 13 seats and a gangway in the away section, from the right hand side of the staff boxed off area, to the barrier.
I was at the Prostrate Cancer testing this morning and was surprised to see the progress that had been made on installing over half the seats, in such a short time.
Presently there’s 2 barriers in position separating both sets of fans. Maybe they will remove the original one at a later date.
Sorry I don’t know how to post phone pictures, to share on here.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:17 pm

mybloodisclaret wrote:Always better to fix the roof when the sun is shining.
or the fix the urinal while your feet are soaking! :?

hope some of the issues are resolved this close season!

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:27 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:I believe you could build a cantilevered 2nd tier on the bob lord without loss of capacity, same way Liverpool managed their new main stand.

You then use that capacity to mitigate the difference between cricketfield stand and whatever temp stand we put in place there, then that is replaced by a new "kop" style stand, leving us after say a 3 season period with a 2 tier bob lord and safe standing "kop" end for home fans only with away fans in the JML ideally
Hi Zizkov, from what I understand there'd be problems building a bigger stand to replace the BL cos of the old mine workings that run up Brunshaw Rd. I used to live round the corner & remember the road sinking with the weight of wagons running in & out when either the 2 new stands were built or they dug out the pitch for the underpitch heating, can't remember which, & the subsequent need to replace the main water/sewage pipes.
I presume it was the same problem they've had recently with the new disabled corners, they said the delay was due to foundation problems if I recall

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times

Post by Bfc » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 pm

As I’ve said previously about foundation problems around the Beehole area of the ground, theres a seam of sand, which led to a huge deep hole being excavated to put the first floodlight pylon in the corner at Brunshaw Rd end. This seam sinking, or being disturbed could’ve been the reason for the drains being damaged on Brunshaw Rd.
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone somewhere will have mine working plans, showing details of the Beehole coal seam and possibly the geology of the surrounding area. Information from one may help decide the future ground development. If the Club ever bought the next door Cricket Club, they could be buying that, which maybe sat on a seam of sand as well, which then would be a very expensive cost to build on.

The point raised about the possibility of putting another tier on the Bob Lord stand, raises the question, of whether the plans were designed to allow for one to be added, at a later date. Or when the club had the funds and the clubs success warranted it.
I’ve heard rumour the records of the BL stand plans were not kept by the Architect, or the club, whether the towns planning dept had a record is another possibility. Which I find strange for no one to be able to answer. If there is a plan showing the foundations are in place, to build on another tier,it would save the club a fortune in expenses.

The Chairman and the Directors will have a vision of the future stand/s building plans for the stadium and though they’ve no need to disclose information regarding that, it would good for supporters to hear some feedback.
In the days when we shareholders were able to attend an AGM, we could put these questions to the board, but not nowadays.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Turfytop wrote:Spijed
Why do you keep going on about capacity increases and average attendance, most people are on about replacing the two stands that were built in the 60s and 70s and let’s be honest haven’t had much done to them since then, to bring the ground into the modern era to give the fans the best possible facilities, we are in the premier league the supposed best league in the world, earning millions, where most other clubs have fantastic facilities and all we do is patch up ageing stands, as cheap as possible, turf moor looks a shoddy mess at moment, the club don’t seem to have any pride in how the turf looks
And what do all these new grounds, such as the Etihad, Emirates, London Stadium & as Spurs will soon find out, have in common?

And others such as the Kingpower stadium? - childish clappy sticks which are embarrassing.

No atmosphere between them and out of the top six clubs only two grounds lend themselves to having something resembling a good atmosphere - Stamford Bridge and Anfield.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:02 pm

just knock the ******* thing down and build something for purpose instead of doing it the typical old BFC way
Last edited by Vegas Claret on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:14 pm

Spijed wrote:And what do all these new grounds, such as the Etihad, Emirates, London Stadium & as Spurs will soon find out, have in common?

And others such as the Kingpower stadium? - childish clappy sticks which are embarrassing.

No atmosphere between them and out of the top six clubs only two grounds lend themselves to having something resembling a good atmosphere - Stamford Bridge and Anfield.
I Think the London stadium creates a Good Atmosphere tbh...Ethiad and the Emirates p!ss Poor.
This user liked this post: bfccrazy

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Some good photos knocking about today of the extended section and the Longside seats being removed.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Some good photos knocking about today of the extended section and the Longside seats being removed.
Link?

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:23 pm

550173FB-1DEF-4D0E-B31A-C1C0A4D54A87.jpeg
550173FB-1DEF-4D0E-B31A-C1C0A4D54A87.jpeg (191.28 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
3E7A9F74-9128-49FD-9DDF-668369B0756B.jpeg
3E7A9F74-9128-49FD-9DDF-668369B0756B.jpeg (145.86 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
Attachments
C6922545-40B7-4CF3-AFD2-0D98C26022DB.jpeg
C6922545-40B7-4CF3-AFD2-0D98C26022DB.jpeg (119.71 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
This user liked this post: Spijed

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Plastic seats tends to need replacing every 15 years or so anyway, because of fading and wear. I suppose the bottom tiers get the worst of the weather. I really do hope that there is a better plan for the home side of the Cricket Field and Bob Lord rather than just not having bought enough seats.

Rail seating perhaps, and for the Bob Lord the larger plastic seats, perhaps even the Arsenal/Brighton style padded ones with it being out main stand?

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Looking at the last pic are they getting rid of the old "35 club" as it once was? The area where opposing players now sit?

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:41 pm

Claretforever wrote:Plastic seats tends to need replacing every 15 years or so anyway, because of fading and wear. I suppose the bottom tiers get the worst of the weather. I really do hope that there is a better plan for the home side of the Cricket Field and Bob Lord rather than just not having bought enough seats.

Rail seating perhaps, and for the Bob Lord the larger plastic seats, perhaps even the Arsenal/Brighton style padded ones with it being out main stand?
I want my big wooden seat to stay please.

Turf Moor Loyal on facebook had some good shots of the home section of the CF. Showing the new section.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:39 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:I want my big wooden seat to stay please.

Turf Moor Loyal on facebook had some good shots of the home section of the CF. Showing the new section.
Just looked at Turf Moor Loyal's photos.
Jeez!!!!!! This is becoming alarming!

This isn't just a small increase in Burnley seats.
We must be talking about a 20% increase in home seat capacity, an extra 300 to 400.

Does anyone know the exact figure?
We could be talking 1800 to 1900 people all trying to pass through a 3' wide opening to get to the toilet and out again.
Away fans get 2 staircases we still have the 1.

Is it LCC who issue the Ground Safety Certificate?

This is going from being dangerous to downright lethal!

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:15 am

Claretforever wrote:
550173FB-1DEF-4D0E-B31A-C1C0A4D54A87.jpeg
3E7A9F74-9128-49FD-9DDF-668369B0756B.jpeg
Are there any plans to fill / cover the perspex windows of the JM & JH that look onto the new disabled facilities like @ Bournemouth, it looks ridiculous the new builds just look like a bolt on extra (i know they are) but you get my point.

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:06 am

2 Bee Holed wrote:Just looked at Turf Moor Loyal's photos.

We must be talking about a 20% increase in home seat capacity, an extra 300 to 400.

We could be talking 1800 to 1900 people all trying to pass through a 3' wide opening to get to the toilet and out again.

It appears to be an extra 360 home seats, but when you factor in that the away seats will now be exactly 2,400 (if you go with the club’s figure, and down from 2,470), that’s an extra 290 seats in the stand, but 360 in the home side.

If/when they reconfigure the home end that may well add a further 250 seats as well....I hope they have big plans for underneath the stand, because if not I won’t be going anywhere near it.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:26 am

I'm liking those photos of the Turf without the seats. Just pop some barriers in, leave the seats out and it'd be great.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:32 am

If we get the area behind the goal back, I'll be more than happy.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:34 am

2 Bee Holed wrote:Just looked at Turf Moor Loyal's photos.

Tbf it sounds like youve already sh1t yourself quite easily ,never mind waiting in the CFS bog queue .

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:58 am

AlargeClaret wrote:Tbf it sounds like youve already sh1t yourself quite easily ,never mind waiting in the CFS bog queue .
Why, thank you for your considered, intelligent and insightful thoughts on this issue. :)
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie ZizkovClaret Dark Cloud

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:23 am

2 Bee Holed wrote:Why, thank you for your considered, intelligent and insightful thoughts on this issue. :)
Glad to be of assistance ,Best not to show you the official artists impression of the 1st home game
:D
Attachments
65C37B39-4903-4C08-B531-81852319C6AC.jpeg
65C37B39-4903-4C08-B531-81852319C6AC.jpeg (64.93 KiB) Viewed 2223 times

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:59 am

Here's the pictures showing just how big the area will be.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Image

Why have they left that barrier there?

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Spijed wrote:Why have they left that barrier there?
It will be taken out no doubt, workmen tend to do big areas at first and then fall back on snagging at the end.

Will it be filled with seats or remain an aisle is the question?
This user liked this post: Spijed

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:59 pm

From a very cyncial point of view here but here goes..............

I assume Burnely CC is 'owned' by its members - therefore, what would stop say 500-1000 Clarets joining the cricket club, forcing an EGM, and pushing through a motion to sell the cricket club land to the football club?????

thomaspaine
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by thomaspaine » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Complacency is toxic
Excessive whinging can prove terminal.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Foulthrow wrote:From a very cyncial point of view here but here goes..............

I assume Burnely CC is 'owned' by its members - therefore, what would stop say 500-1000 Clarets joining the cricket club, forcing an EGM, and pushing through a motion to sell the cricket club land to the football club?????
There's no suggestion the club wants to buy the land, especially at a premium rate.

The cricket club would die out without the funding from the football matchday in my opinion, they take between 200k and 300k a season from it. Then they would have to find somewhere suitable to rehome.

How much would a business cost that made that sort of money? Even without the land.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:10 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Image

Am I correct in thinking that the additional area is blocks 6A, 13 and 21? And is it around 400 seats? When I went to a meeting at the Turf last week I noticed that the tent which accommodated the beer tent for the away section had been removed. Anyone know if this is permananent?

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Leisure wrote:Am I correct in thinking that the additional area is blocks 6A, 13 and 21? And is it around 400 seats? When I went to a meeting at the Turf last week I noticed that the tent which accommodated the beer tent for the away section had been removed. Anyone know if this is permananent?
It's certainly some of them sections, but it does look like all.

We will only have the answer when STs go back on sale online or a friendly.

occ-claret
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by occ-claret » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Do we think we'll be changing what is spelt out in the seats in the lower tier. From 'clarets' to........

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:47 pm

I presume that if they replaced all the wooden seats in the CFS & BL with plastic ones we would be looking at an increase in capacity of around a 1000.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Spijed wrote:I presume that if they replaced all the wooden seats in the CFS & BL with plastic ones we would be looking at an increase in capacity of around a 1000.
Possibly but at the moment it seems to be a secret as to just how many extra there will be in the CFS. Not sure just why the club haven't divulged this info and also there's been no mention of whether existing ST holders in the CFS are gloing to be offered the option of a move to the new seats.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6416 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Leisure wrote:Possibly but at the moment it seems to be a secret as to just how many extra there will be in the CFS. Not sure just why the club haven't divulged this info and also there's been no mention of whether existing ST holders in the CFS are gloing to be offered the option of a move to the new seats.
I would imagine that the preference would be to allow existing ST holders the option of moving in there as opposed to permitting these extra seats to go to "Johnny Randoms" who buy last minutes seats from the ticket office - after all these seats will be next to the away fans and I am sure the club would want the stability of having ST holders in there.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:I would imagine that the preference would be to allow existing ST holders the option of moving in there as opposed to permitting these extra seats to go to "Johnny Randoms" who buy last minutes seats from the ticket office - after all these seats will be next to the away fans and I am sure the club would want the stability of having ST holders in there.
Yes, you would think that would be the case but then why have the club not actually contacted those ST holders yet (or at least I'm not aware that they have).

Claretforever

Post by Claretforever » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:46 pm

occ-claret wrote:Do we think we'll be changing what is spelt out in the seats in the lower tier. From 'clarets' to........

CARROTS.

That’s what it sounds like when most of our lot sing it at warp speed. :D

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:47 pm

The club will make more money out of them by selling on a matchday basis. They will be the best seats in there and be able to sell in groups rather than single ticket.

They will be sought after seats in my opinion.