Extended home section in cricket field stand

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Re: Extended home section in cricket field stand

Post by claretspice » Fri May 31, 2019 1:30 pm

agreenwood wrote:I think our general approach to ground improvements has been bizarre.

No doubt cheaper and less disruptive than undertaking large-scale redevelopment, but it seems short-termist and akin to putting lipstick on a pig.
Surprised at this comment.

I can't really see anything to object to in this move. It will cost buttons, and it enables us to increase capacity easily and cost effectively, without disruption, as you say. The other recent initiative has seen us build a new facility for disabled supporters with an excellent view of the pitch, again without disruption. This will presumably increase the capacity of the ground a little bit, and given that we rarely hit the existing capacity last season, there's no real case that we need to redevelop the ground for the purpose of further capacity increases.

Realistically, therefore, he only logical reason for rebuilding stands that are in good nick (I'm not aware that there's any reason to believe they aren't capable of standing for plenty of years to come) is to increase corporate capacity. The logical place to put this would be the Bob Lord Stand, so i can't see why anyone would object to minor improvements to the Cricket Field End.

In any event, given the possibility that Safe Standing might come in quite soon, I'd say it makes most sense to wait and see how that develops before we commit to building any new structures.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure k90bfc

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Fri May 31, 2019 1:32 pm

Spike wrote:why the rush to nasty plastic?

Plastic kills dolphins!

To prove my case when was the last time you saw a dolphin in Burnley?
come on they have their own bakery in Burnley - must be hundreds of them

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32242 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 31, 2019 1:34 pm

claretspice wrote:In any event, given the possibility that Safe Standing might come in quite soon, I'd say it makes most sense to wait and see how that develops before we commit to building any new structures.
So why not put in seats such as those at Spurs and Wolves to prepare for it?

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Fri May 31, 2019 1:37 pm

ClaretTony wrote:So why not put in seats such as those at Spurs and Wolves to prepare for it?
At a guess, Because it would cost more and might be completely pointless if the law doesn't change to allow it, and the relative cost of this is so low it doesn't matter?

Leisure
Been Liked: 3772 times
Has Liked: 12363 times

Post by Leisure » Fri May 31, 2019 1:40 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Would at least be able to play in European competition if we got there again
Surely you meant to say 'when' we get there again, not' if'! :lol:
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 31, 2019 1:48 pm

claretspice wrote:At a guess, Because it would cost more and might be completely pointless if the law doesn't change to allow it, and the relative cost of this is so low it doesn't matter?
Can’t imagine it would have cost much more to be honest. I know it’s at a different level but those at Spurs are brilliant, the seats are identical to all the others in the stadium. Even Oxford are now putting rails in.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri May 31, 2019 1:52 pm

The seats were left over so we used them, simple as that.

Nothing about listening to fans etc.

The ground improvements have been done purely as they were mandatory.

Also no point sprucing up CFS just yet, once we buy the Cricket club it'll be a total revamp. However the fee is now north of the 10m it was a year or 2 ago.
( We opted for the bargain that was Nahki Wells instead )

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Fri May 31, 2019 1:53 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Can’t imagine it would have cost much more to be honest. I know it’s at a different level but those at Spurs are brilliant, the seats are identical to all the others in the stadium. Even Oxford are now putting rails in.
But neither of us know, do we? We evidently had these seats in stock, so they've already been accounted for - would they have been compatible with rail seats?

Doesn't seem to me to be a big issue to start taking swipes at the club about. Doesn't mean we're not committed to safe standing as a principle.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3843 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri May 31, 2019 1:56 pm

Has there been any indication how many more seats will be made available?

I presume at least another 10 seats wide will be available or it doesn’t seem worthwhile. Might as well of increased the away end numbers.
30 or so rows? An extra 300?

I'm not sure the stand would get a safety certificate for any more with only one exit for home fans.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri May 31, 2019 2:00 pm

agreenwood wrote:I think our general approach to ground improvements has been bizarre.

No doubt cheaper and less disruptive than undertaking large-scale redevelopment, but it seems short-termist and akin to putting lipstick on a pig.
Absolutely, and this is because there has been, and continues to be, zero appetite at boardroom level in spending money on the ground, unless we absolutely have to*.

The disabled facilities and now the seating in the CFS have only been implemented because we had to do it, not because we wanted to.

For years, the disabled fans were dumped in the corners, and allowed to get ****** wet through, winter after winter. That tells me all I need to know about the attitude our board has to us fans.

I shudder to think how much we have spent titivating the ground in the past decade, especially the CFS. Millions, which could and should have gone towards a new stand.

We need to be looking at the next 25+ years when it comes to the Turf, not the next 5+ years.

*- unless it’s corporate areas that bring a return in
Last edited by TsarBomba on Fri May 31, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: Turfytop jrgbfc

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri May 31, 2019 2:01 pm

ClaretTony wrote:So why not put in seats such as those at Spurs and Wolves to prepare for it?
Well, given that the section concerned is for away fans, why the creosoted **** would we want to do anything, including rail seating, to improve the atmosphere in that section?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 31, 2019 2:03 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:Well, given that the section concerned is for away fans, why the creosoted **** would we want to do anything, including rail seating, to improve the atmosphere in that section?
Why not? If we are replacing them then why not make it safer given that virtually no one sits in there anyway. Not sure why it would make any change to the atmosphere.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Fri May 31, 2019 2:04 pm

TsarBomba wrote:Absolutely, and this is because there has been, and continues to be, zero appetite at boardroom level in spending money on the ground, unless we absolutely have to.

The disabled facilities and now the seating in the CFS have only been implemented because we had to do it, not because we wanted to.

For years, the disabled fans were dumped in the corners, and allowed to get ****** wet through, winter after winter. That tells me all I need to know about the attitude our board has to us fans.

I shudder to think how much we have spent titivating the ground in the past decade, especially the CFS. Millions, which could and should have gone towards a new stand.

We need to be looking at the next 25+ years when it comes to the Turf, not the next 5+ years.
Fully agree with you.
Athough I'm sure most fans can see rightly or wrongly we are the last priority.

These impressive profits we keep posting could have probably left a legacy similar to the Barnfield 1 with a complete new stand and a proper spruce up of Turf Moor.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 31, 2019 2:14 pm

MACCA wrote: Athough I'm sure most fans can see rightly or wrongly we are the last priority.
Please give us some examples to justify this comment!

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Fri May 31, 2019 2:18 pm

MACCA wrote:Fully agree with you.

These impressive profits we keep posting could have probably left a legacy similar to the Barnfield 1 with a complete new stand and a proper spruce up of Turf Moor.
What are you doing with the people that sit in any stand whilst you are rebuilding it? To rebuild any of our stands would be a project taking the best part of 12 months, so that's 12 months when Turf Moor is 3 sided (which immediately reduces your home advantage) and has a minimum of about 2,400 knocked off the capacity.

Rebuilding the Bob Lord also means that the directors box needs to be re-homed, so that's a lot more supporters being disrupted. Ditto the CFS requires an alternative away end, so that's additional disruption. Where are you putting all those fans in the meantime?

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Fri May 31, 2019 2:20 pm

Leisure wrote:Please give us some examples to justify this comment!
How many examples do you need?

Dirty toilets? Lack of toilets? Cold water? Dangerous and overcrowded concourses? Lack of food and drink options? Long overdue disabled facilities? Lack of good seating?

I went to a National League game this year, and honestly, the facilities were at least on a par if not better than the Turf.

I don’t wish to high jack this thread, and we have had this discussion many times on here recently, but seriously, the Turf is a dump, and the home areas have long been neglected.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri May 31, 2019 2:21 pm

claretspice wrote:What are you doing with the people that sit in any stand whilst you are rebuilding it? To rebuild any of our stands would be a project taking the best part of 12 months, so that's 12 months when Turf Moor is 3 sided (which immediately reduces your home advantage) and has a minimum of about 2,400 knocked off the capacity.

Rebuilding the Bob Lord also means that the directors box needs to be re-homed, so that's a lot more supporters being disrupted. Ditto the CFS requires an alternative away end, so that's additional disruption. Where are you putting all those fans in the meantime?
I believe you could build a cantilevered 2nd tier on the bob lord without loss of capacity, same way Liverpool managed their new main stand.

You then use that capacity to mitigate the difference between cricketfield stand and whatever temp stand we put in place there, then that is replaced by a new "kop" style stand, leving us after say a 3 season period with a 2 tier bob lord and safe standing "kop" end for home fans only with away fans in the JML ideally
Last edited by ŽižkovClaret on Fri May 31, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turfytop
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 449 times

Post by Turfytop » Fri May 31, 2019 2:22 pm

claretspice wrote:What are you doing with the people that sit in any stand whilst you are rebuilding it? To rebuild any of our stands would be a project taking the best part of 12 months, so that's 12 months when Turf Moor is 3 sided (which immediately reduces your home advantage) and has a minimum of about 2,400 knocked off the capacity.

Rebuilding the Bob Lord also means that the directors box needs to be re-homed, so that's a lot more supporters being disrupted.
So they are going to be like that for ever then? At some point they will need doing, All other clubs seem to manage to do it

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Fri May 31, 2019 2:23 pm

So how do other clubs manage stadium redevelopment then? Hearts? Liverpool? Wolves?

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Fri May 31, 2019 2:24 pm

Leisure wrote:Please give us some examples to justify this comment!
Disabled facilities prior to the required mandatory improvements

New old ticket office where you got drenched

New old new back breaker ticket office

General toilet facilities ranging from...
Broken toilet seats
No loo roll
No hand dryers working
No paper towels
No running hot water
Not enough toilets available

Stadium open to the elements, at least 25% ( cautious side ) of fans can be getting drenched at any one time.

Insufficient/ none existing lighting/drainage on making your way to, from, entering and exiting the ground .

The various cost/price increases on a wide range of things. Even costs put on things that didnt have a price at all 3 years ago.

I genuinely think it's an accident waiting to happen in the CFS regards the concourse.

Just a few bits that make me think that fans are way, way down on the priorities at Turf Moor.

Please feel free to tell me what they provide for you at Turf Moor that makes you feel a valued and welcome customer
( I understand they dont need to do anything as such, but let's think a long the lines of a family attending for the first time etc )

Edit - Bomba beat me to it, but very similar all the same.
Last edited by MACCA on Fri May 31, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 5 users liked this post: Turfytop TsarBomba ZizkovClaret Dyched longsidepies

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Fri May 31, 2019 2:28 pm

MACCA wrote:Disabled facilities prior to the required mandatory improvements

Broken toilet seats
No loo roll
No hand dryers working
No paper towels
No running hot water

Stadium open to the elements, at least 25% ( cautious side ) of fans can be getting drenched at any one time.

Insufficient/ none existing lighting/drainage on making your way to, from, entering and exiting the ground .

The various cost/price increases on a wide range of things. Even costs put on things that didnt have a price at all 3 years ago.

Just a few bits that make me think that fans are way, way down on the priorities at Turf Moor.

Please feel free to tell me what they provide for you at Turf Moor that makes you feel a valued and welcome customer
( I understand they dont need to do anything as such, but let's think a long the lines of a family attending for the first time etc )

Edit - Bumba beat me to it
Oooooooohhhhhhhh Macca handing out the schoolings

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri May 31, 2019 2:30 pm

If only there was some building by the ground they could have acquired to host dedicated ticket office and corporate facilities........

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Fri May 31, 2019 2:33 pm

Dyched wrote:Oooooooohhhhhhhh Macca handing out the schoolings

Just a few facts that no doubt many have/do experienced on a match day.

This "we listen to fans, and act on what's needed to make their experience a good one" is a load of tosh.

You wouldn't put up with it at s restaurant, cinema, hotel etc, but as we are hooked on Burnley and love the team with a passion we are expected to put up with shambolic facilities.

And it's not as though its only 1 part of the ground or 1 set of fans with 1 issue. Its lots of fans, with lots of issues within lots of areas of Turf Moor.
Last edited by MACCA on Fri May 31, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Fri May 31, 2019 2:35 pm

MACCA wrote:Just a few facts that no doubt many have/do experienced on a match day.

This "we listen to fans, and act on what's needed to make their experience a good one" is a load of tosh.

You wouldn't put up with it at s restaurant, cinema, hotel etc, but as we are hooked on Burnley and love the team with a passion we are expected to put up with shambolic facilities.

And it's not as though its I 1 part of the ground or 1 set of fans with 1 issue. Its lots of fans, with lots of issues within lots of areas of Turf Moor.
I couldn’t agree more

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri May 31, 2019 2:38 pm

This thing about a second tier on The Bob Lord stand, I’ve heard a number of times it was built with that as an option.
Does anyone know if that’s actually true?

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Fri May 31, 2019 2:53 pm

I find it crazy that we are still seemingly a million miles away from doing something comprehensive to the ground. We are about to start our sixth season in the Premier League in the last ten years, and as far as Turf Moor is concerned (bar the REQUIRED by legislation disabled facilities) we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

The Barnfield project has left a legacy from what will be short lived success (realism, not pessimism - we will not be here forever) that will be there for the next 25-30 years. This is far more important than wasting money on shite like Nahki Wells, Steven Reid, Peter Crouch to fill out the squad and plastic seats for a stand which we should be replacing pronto (wasn’t the roof full of asbestos anyway?).

Why when Flood was on the board (and BEFORE we had even been to the PL, Cotterill days) were we putting plans in place for a full revamp of both stands, including work to the exterior of Turf Moor as well? I remember it being in the Burnley Express, then doing a media day showing the plans etc. Yes, the bread bin looked naff as all Hell, but at least the appetite from the board was there and the ambition to match it.

Garlick and our other directors have done wonders for us along with Dyche, but this is the single massive question mark I have about the runnings at Turf Moor. How long do you leave it before doing what must be done? As soon as we’re relegated that’s it - we’ll never pay for it. That’s how it feels. In life you have to strike whilst the iron is hot and speculate to accumulate (I.e, you get a promotion at work, you can afford a bigger mortgage - go for it, you don’t know how long you’ll have that salary etc).

It’s very disappointing news this, I was convinced this was the summer they would actually announce something comprehensive but no, we’re still living for the now and not looking at the bigger picture.

Spice - to your point of where do we put the fans, the same place every club in the entirety of World Football does when they do ground renovations instead of a ground rebuild. By your logic we should never do it! I’m not in the business of ground redevelopment, I will leave the who’s, what’s and how’s to them and Doug Metcalfe - but it’s about bloody time they actually got going.
These 3 users liked this post: TsarBomba Turfytop bfcwest

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Fri May 31, 2019 2:56 pm

TsarBomba wrote:So how do other clubs manage stadium redevelopment then? Hearts? Liverpool? Wolves?
Well, for a start it's much easier if have spare capacity. Where that's not the case, you've got to make the business case stack up. The cost of building over the Bob Lord would presumably be significant - so it stands to reason we'd only do it if we were confident we'd make a decent return on that investment.

Regarding toilets and the like, that's a completely different issue. The facilities in the Longside and Jimmy Mac are fine as far as I'm concerned. Can't speak for the CFS, but if they need upgrading then fair enough - but it's not unreasonable that we'd first explore solutions that dont entail an entirely new stand.

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Fri May 31, 2019 2:59 pm

jedi_master wrote: Spice - to your point of where do we put the fans, the same place every club in the entirety of World Football does when they do ground renovations instead of a ground rebuild. By your logic we should never do it! I’m not in the business of ground redevelopment, I will leave the who’s, what’s and how’s to them and Doug Metcalfe - but it’s about bloody time they actually got going.
I'm not against the idea we should develop the Bob Lord. But my point is that we should only do it if the cost, disruption and loss of capacity (and resulting reduction in home advantage) would be justified by the return. Ground development is a means to an end, not an end in itself.

And at the moment, the configuration of Turf Moor (there's the lack of space behind both older stands to consider), and the fact it's plenty big enough for our needs, means I'm unconvinced by the case - certainly in terms of bare capacity. Like I say, the only reason I can see for doing it is because we've a business case which shows corporate revenues would justify it.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 31, 2019 3:40 pm

MACCA wrote:Disabled facilities prior to the required mandatory improvements

Broken toilet seats
No loo roll
No hand dryers working
No paper towels
No running hot water

I genuinely think it's an accident waiting to happen in the CFS regards the concourse.

Whilst there are certainly some valid points here I still feel that it's way off the mark to say that fans are way down on the priorities of Turf Moor . Also, I'm not clear if your criticism is aimed at the Directors or management or both?

But to respond to some of your points -
Disabled facilities - 2 new corner stands provided.
The Ticket Office is being improved.
Toilets - I can only comment on those which I use in the JHU and yes, they are regularly in need of attention. Maybe you've also used them in the other parts of the ground? Which other toilets are an issue?
Stadium open to the elements - Correct. What do you suggest that 'they' should do about this?
Insufficient/ none existing lighting/drainage on making your way to, from, entering and exiting the ground - Certainly an issue existing the CF but not sure about the other areas of the ground. Which other areas are a problem?
The various cost/price increases on a wide range of things. Even costs put on things that didnt have a price at all 3 years ago. - As in all walks of life if items cost the club more to purchase ie food and drinks, then of course the additional cost will be passed onto the customer. What items didn't have a price 3 years ago? When was the last time that season ticket prices were raised?
I genuinely think it's an accident waiting to happen in the CFS regards the concourse. - I don't use the CF so please can you be more specific?
Please feel free to tell me what they provide for you at Turf Moor that makes you feel a valued and welcome customer - Any suggestiuons on what you feel that the club should do that they don't do now?

I've already e-mailed the Supporters Liaison Officer at the club asking for your comments to be passed onto the Management Team and will happily pass on any further comments you have, UTC
Last edited by Leisure on Fri May 31, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 438 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Fri May 31, 2019 3:49 pm

We only had those seats painted five years ago. I bet Garlick is fuming. He was probably hoping to get ten years out of that coat.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Fri May 31, 2019 3:56 pm

MACCA wrote:Fully agree with you.

If we go down though we'll probably need those impressive profits to keep us going and in contention to go back up again.

Saying that I don't disagree that our facilities are pretty poor. Having no disabled toilets is a shocker for instance.

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:This thing about a second tier on The Bob Lord stand, I’ve heard a number of times it was built with that as an option.
Does anyone know if that’s actually true?
I think it was Paul Fletcher that floated it as a serious option and he should know, he's one of the world's leading stadiologists (although he may have also made the term up).

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 31, 2019 4:01 pm

aggi wrote:I think it was Paul Fletcher that floated it as a serious option and he should know, he's one of the world's leading stadiologists (although he may have also made the term up).
Paul Fletcher didn't float it, that I do know. It's a story that's been doing the rounds for years and years that it could be done. I don't know whether it could or not but I do know that had we gone up in 2002 they were going to add some rows to the stand at the front and try and extend it back a bit to add a few more rows there. No suggestion of a new tier then.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 31, 2019 4:06 pm

aggi wrote: Having no disabled toilets is a shocker for instance.
This has been addressed in the new corner stands.

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri May 31, 2019 4:11 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Paul Fletcher didn't float it, that I do know. It's a story that's been doing the rounds for years and years that it could be done. I don't know whether it could or not but I do know that had we gone up in 2002 they were going to add some rows to the stand at the front and try and extend it back a bit to add a few more rows there. No suggestion of a new tier then.
It may be one of those urban myths but it's definitely been mentioned before (and on here). Wikipedia also mentions it but without a source. Don't know why I can't find the thread on here:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.91 KiB) Viewed 1744 times

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri May 31, 2019 4:13 pm

Leisure wrote:This has been addressed in the new corner stands.
Only if you're in the corner stands. Not all disabled people will need or want to be in those stands but they may require something more than the current non-existent facilities.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 31, 2019 4:24 pm

aggi wrote:It may be one of those urban myths but it's definitely been mentioned before (and on here). Wikipedia also mentions it but without a source. Don't know why I can't find the thread on here:
Capture.JPG
It'e been talked about for years, long before Paul Fletcher was at the club, but even with Brendan Flood's plans (and they were pre-Fletcher) there was no suggestion of a new tier on the stand.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 31, 2019 4:26 pm

aggi wrote:Only if you're in the corner stands. Not all disabled people will need or want to be in those stands but they may require something more than the current non-existent facilities.
Can I point out that the chairman of Burnley Disabled Supporters Group has described the disabled facilities as the best he's witnessed. It would be virtually an impossible task for the club to start providing the necessary disabled toilets in all parts of the ground.
This user liked this post: Leisure

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:34 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Can I point out that the chairman of Burnley Disabled Supporters Group has described the disabled facilities as the best he's witnessed. It would be virtually an impossible task for the club to start providing the necessary disabled toilets in all parts of the ground.

What would he know, surely the people who haven't been in the stands or will go in the stands will know far more and be better to comment
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony Leisure

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Fri May 31, 2019 4:51 pm

MACCA wrote:I think they'll be looking at this, if not this summer, certainly next.

As Doug said we listen and act on things the supporters say.

They've not listened to the away fans, it was a Europa league stipulation, so the order was made. It HAD to be done.

I think theres plenty of options to improve the facilities in the CFS for our fans, and I'm sure it's been put to him by many what improvements are needed .
My experience has been the club do NOT listen and act on things the supporters say. Please note I said MY experience.

I have emailed the club on a few different occasions with some observations about the CFS.

Replies? Nil. Not even a “thanks, but keep your schneb out”

Nothing will happen with CFS development for quite a while yet I believe. Sooner of course if there’s a serious incident.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Fri May 31, 2019 4:54 pm

The other consideration though is the age of the stands and how much life they have. We may never be in a better position to have a stadium fit and suitable for the next thirty or more years.

A costly alternative but perhaps a new stadium could be the answer, whilst keeping the same location, especially if the cricket club could be moved.

It would solve a lot of the concerns raised.

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri May 31, 2019 4:57 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Can I point out that the chairman of Burnley Disabled Supporters Group has described the disabled facilities as the best he's witnessed. It would be virtually an impossible task for the club to start providing the necessary disabled toilets in all parts of the ground.
Is this the new disabled stands or the ground as a whole?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 31, 2019 4:58 pm

aggi wrote:Is this the new disabled stands or the ground as a whole?
In the new corner. I'd already suggested it would be virtually impossible to provide the facilities in all parts of the ground.
This user liked this post: Leisure

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri May 31, 2019 5:02 pm

Spike wrote:why the rush to nasty plastic?

Plastic kills dolphins!

To prove my case when was the last time you saw a dolphin in Burnley?
The Bakery on Oxford road and The Chippy on Briercliffe road ....so I've seen at least two! :shock:

Turfytop
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 449 times

Post by Turfytop » Fri May 31, 2019 5:08 pm

Leisure
I've already e-mailed the Supporters Liaison Officer at the club asking for your comments to be passed onto the Management Team and will happily pass on any further comments you have, UTC[/quote]

Pass on the comments to The supporters liaison officer, you get that reply off Darren Bentley on Twitter, this may be you for all I know, and then you never hear a word about it again
Last edited by Turfytop on Fri May 31, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 pm

bobinho wrote:My experience has been the club do NOT listen and act on things the supporters say. Please note I said MY experience.

I have emailed the club on a few different occasions with some observations about the CFS.

Replies? Nil. Not even a “thanks, but keep your schneb out”

Nothing will happen with CFS development for quite a while yet I believe. Sooner of course if there’s a serious incident.

Agree with you, but I'm off down the T20 now, can you elaborate to Leisure please quote him, and explain the issues.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 31, 2019 5:17 pm

Turfytop wrote:Leisure
I've already e-mailed the Supporters Liaison Officer at the club asking for your comments to be passed onto the Management Team and will happily pass on any further comments you have, UTC
Pass on the comments to The supporters liaison officer, you get that reply off Darren Bentley on Twitter, this may be you for all I know, and then you never hear a word about it again[/quote]

Eh?

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri May 31, 2019 5:24 pm

ClaretTony wrote:In the new corner. I'd already suggested it would be virtually impossible to provide the facilities in all parts of the ground.
Then that comment is a bit irrelevant to the point that the disabled toilet facilities are non-existent in the rest of the ground.

There are plenty of people who require better toilet facilities than are available at the moment in the other stands (posters on here have said exactly that, there was a story in the paper on that topic not so long ago) but don't necessarily need all of the other amenities in what I suspect will be a soon over-subscribed disabled stand. It may not be possible in every stand but I'm sure it could be looked at in some of them.

The attitude of many people when talking about ground improvements is "if it's fine for me it's fine for everyone" which clearly isn't the reality.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 31, 2019 5:36 pm

aggi wrote:The attitude of many people when talking about ground improvements is "if it's fine for me it's fine for everyone" which clearly isn't the reality.
Couldn't agree more but an amazing amount of work has gone on in the last three years plus on disabled facilities and not just the two corner stands.

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Fri May 31, 2019 5:42 pm

aggi wrote:The attitude of many people when talking about ground improvements is "if it's fine for me it's fine for everyone" which clearly isn't the reality.
Absolutely. If you go on with your mates, and all you need/want is a quick slash at 1455, and a warm beer at 1545, then the Turf is fine.

I’ve got two young boys, and I HAVE to take into account the facilities, the food, the seating options, the toilets, the concourses etc. And frankly, as it stands, they won’t be coming to the Turf anytime soon.

We REALLY do need to consider the next generation of fan, and how we’re getting them. It’s not the 70’s/80’s/90’s now, attitudes have changed whether we like it or not.

I know the new Spurs ground is an exception, but that is what prospective fans, families, expect now. It’s not just about the football, it’s everything else that goes with it.
Bars, food, live music.

There’s a helluva lot of fans going down town and spending good money in bars and pubs before and after the game. Why aren’t the club tapping into this?
Last edited by TsarBomba on Fri May 31, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These 3 users liked this post: Turfytop Rick_Muller bfcwest