BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by claretspice » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:51 pm

summitclaret wrote:Sounds like you are prepared to take another risk on Defour's fitness. I am not. Cork's performances in 2018 were worrying enough to convince me that he can't assume he starts every week.
Well firstly, I agree that Defour's fitness is a concern and I'd prefer that we didn't "take another risk on it". But I just accept that financially, Defour is a big earner and we cannot afford to bring in his replacement and effectively end up with Defour as a very expensive spare part.

"Also we should have 5 centre midfielders in the squad, one of which could be a younger one for the future. Our inability to bring on subs in cm is a big factor in us conceding so many late goals."

Perfectly arguable that we do have a 5 central midfielders, one of whom is a younger one for the future. His name is Dwight McNeil.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:51 pm

summitclaret wrote:Sounds like you are prepared to take another risk on Defour's fitness. I am not. Cork's performances in 2018 were worrying enough to convince me that he can't assume he starts every week.
Well firstly, I agree that Defour's fitness is a concern and I'd prefer that we didn't "take another risk on it". But I just accept that financially, Defour is a big earner and we cannot afford to bring in his replacement and effectively end up with Defour as a very expensive spare part.

"Also we should have 5 centre midfielders in the squad, one of which could be a younger one for the future. Our inability to bring on subs in cm is a big factor in us conceding so many late goals."

Perfectly arguable that we do have a 5 central midfielders, one of whom is a younger one for the future. His name is Dwight McNeil.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:51 pm

Spijed wrote:And yet the bottom line is that all those teams that have been relegated in the last few seasons are far worse than us!

The only thing that matters is where you finish at the end of the season.
Do we plan ahead and target players early? It always appears scattergun and a last second mad scramble to get anyone through the door. Why was £10M spent on Vydra? Because he was cheaper than Rodriguez? Was Vydra a target before the window opened? Or just a panic signing because we sat around for too long?

Why are we not bidding for players now? The window has been open for a while, what are we waiting for again? Nothing about our transfer policy makes any sense to me.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

Guich
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 598 times

Post by Guich » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:55 pm

What makes you think we aren't bidding for players?

I think we're one of the better clubs at keeping our business to ourselves
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick AfloatinClaret

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:57 pm

summitclaret wrote:Sounds like you are prepared to take another risk on Defour's fitness. I am not. Cork's performances in 2018 were worrying enough to convince me that he can't assume he starts every week. Also we should have 5 centre midfielders in the squad, one of which could be a younger one for the future. Our inability to bring on subs in cm is a big factor in us conceding so many late goals.

When you say you are not prepared to, what exactly is your plan of action if we don't sign who you want ?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:59 pm

KRBFC wrote:Do we plan ahead and target players early? It always appears scattergun and a last second mad scramble to get anyone through the door. Why was £10M spent on Vydra? Because he was cheaper than Rodriguez? Was Vydra a target before the window opened? Or just a panic signing because we sat around for too long?

Why are we not bidding for players now? The window has been open for a while, what are we waiting for again? Nothing about our transfer policy makes any sense to me.
Why do you bother asking questions when you’ve already decided what you think the answer is ?
Not surprisingly your answers align to your negative view of Dyche and the club.

Before you ask - I don’t know the answers either. I just choose to believe Dyche and the chairman when they say we are always looking and that the market is very difficult rather than some made to sh-it that we are sitting round doing nothing till the last week of the transfer window.
This user liked this post: simonclaret

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:05 pm

Definitely need someone to challenge, or preferably upgrade on Cork. He’s basically unchallenged in his role and his performances last season just weren’t good enough.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:07 pm

TVC15 wrote:Why do you bother asking questions when you’ve already decided what you think the answer is ?
Not surprisingly your answers align to your negative view of Dyche and the club.

Before you ask - I don’t know the answers either. I just choose to believe Dyche and the chairman when they say we are always looking and that the market is very difficult rather than some made to sh-it that we are sitting round doing nothing till the last week of the transfer window.
I just said how it appears, very unplanned last minute thing

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:17 pm

KRBFC wrote:I just said how it appears, very unplanned last minute thing
Do you know anything whatsoever about Sean Dyche and how he operates ?
The very opposite of how he works is “unplanned” or “last minute”.
It appears that to you only because you want it to.
To anyone else with an ounce of common sense it is not that.
Do you think Dyche and Garlick are lying ?

summitclaret
Been Liked: 827 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:24 pm

claretspice wrote:Well firstly, I agree that Defour's fitness is a concern and I'd prefer that we didn't "take another risk on it". But I just accept that financially, Defour is a big earner and we cannot afford to bring in his replacement and effectively end up with Defour as a very expensive spare part.

Then we would be a winger short. Also i rather get rid of hart. We don't need to be spending so much on wages as we are there.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:25 pm

KRBFC wrote:We’re pants in the market anyway, absolute cheap skates the bidding for players doesn’t start until the final week
How many clubs with less money than us have finished above us in the last few years?

It's all very well looking at other comparable clubs and saying that they are better in the transfer market than we are. Maybe they are. But if so, why doesn't the league table prove it? I don't know a better way of judging quality of signings than seeing where we finish in the league. What other fair measurements are there?
These 2 users liked this post: simonclaret Quicknick

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:26 pm

summitclaret wrote:Then we would be a winger short. Also i rather get rid of hart. We don't need to be spending so much on wages as we are there.
We'll certainly be getting rid of Hart and one of Heaton or Pope, most likely Heaton.

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:39 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Not sure, but I when the thread was created, I contacted BetFred and they gave odds of 1786/1 that it would get to 8 pages with a link being included in each and every post.
Unlucky! :lol:

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:29 pm

TVC15 wrote:Do you know anything whatsoever about Sean Dyche and how he operates ?
The very opposite of how he works is “unplanned” or “last minute”.
It appears that to you only because you want it to.
To anyone else with an ounce of common sense it is not that.
Do you think Dyche and Garlick are lying ?
So you think Vydra was a target at the start of the market?

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 pm

Now that Bristol City have valued Adam Webster(who?) at £30m what value does the panel put on Tarks and Gibson?

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 pm

KRBFC wrote:So you think Vydra was a target at the start of the market?
All managers have a list of who they want, if they Carnt get 1st on the list they will go to number 2. Background will have been done on all of them. I would guess last summer jayrod was number 1, that didn't work out so they went for number 2, which was vydra. So yes I think he was a target, just not the number one target.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm

Grumps wrote:All managers have a list of who they want, if they Carnt ...
Sorry but “carnt” hit my funny bone.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:28 pm

KRBFC wrote:So you think Vydra was a target at the start of the market?
He’ll have been on a list of targets but given our pursuit of Jay he clearly wasn’t our no 1 target.
Unplanned as you describe would be to not have other targets.
You didn’t answer my question as to whether you think Dyche and Garlick are lying when they describe our transfer strategy ?
Presumably you do the way you describe the way you think the club go about our transfer business.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:37 pm

KRBFC wrote:Do we plan ahead and target players early? It always appears scattergun and a last second mad scramble to get anyone through the door. Why was £10M spent on Vydra? Because he was cheaper than Rodriguez? Was Vydra a target before the window opened? Or just a panic signing because we sat around for too long?

And yet the bottom line is that all those teams that have been relegated in the last few seasons are far worse than us!

The only thing that matters is where you finish at the end of the season.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:Now that Bristol City have valued Adam Webster(who?) at £30m what value does the panel put on Tarks and Gibson?
that's insane !

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:40 pm

TVC15 wrote:He’ll have been on a list of targets but given our pursuit of Jay he clearly wasn’t our no 1 target.
Unplanned as you describe would be to not have other targets.
You didn’t answer my question as to whether you think Dyche and Garlick are lying when they describe our transfer strategy ?
Presumably you do the way you describe the way you think the club go about our transfer business.
I’m not here to call other people liars, it’s not that serious. How can I call someone a liar when I don’t know the 100% facts? I said how “it appears”, I gave my opinion on how it appears from previous transfer windows. Slow in the market, lack of targets, lacking plan b’s etc

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:51 pm

KRBFC wrote:Slow in the market, lack of targets, lacking plan b’s etc
As usual in the transfer window you are going way over the top calling the club over your perceived lack of activity. None of us know what is going on, how it should be. If we know so does every other club in the game.
Go back many years and how many players have we signed before July 1st? Why pay them to sit on their backside? The deal could well have been “done” but hasn’t been ratified.
Take a deep breath and look back at your posts on this topic for every transfer window. It’s the same every time. Just admit Dyche knows what he’s doing. Keeping us up, anything else is a bonus.
This user liked this post: creepingdeath

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:Now that Bristol City have valued Adam Webster(who?) at £30m what value does the panel put on Tarks and Gibson?
Almost as bad as Man U paying Palce £50m for Wan-Bissaka and paying him £80k per week :o :shock: :?

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 pm

The key point is that Dyche himself has said his preference would be to have his signings in earlier. It’s therefore fair to assume that, for whatever reason, it’s difficult to achieve this.

What we don’t know is whether this is down to our strategy, budgets or something else.

Other clubs certainly show that it can be done, clubs with a similar or even lesser budget to our own (alongside those with more).

Perhaps there is a perceived link between money and character. Was it Taylor’s recent complimentary interview that mentioned money and character within the squad? Plenty players out there who will turn it on for a contract and then become a lazy waste of space.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3139 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:26 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote: .
Go back many years and how many players have we signed before July 1st? Why pay them to sit on their backside? The deal could well have been “done” but hasn’t been ratified.
I'm not sure about this one which gets trawled out every summer. It's a couple of weeks wages (perhaps £50k) in a deal involving probably the thick end of £20 million.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:27 pm

Firthy wrote:Almost as bad as Man U paying Palce £50m for Wan-Bissaka and paying him £80k per week :o :shock: :?
Why wouldn't you pay 50m for the best right back in the premier league? With so many years to get better.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:27 pm

Dyche has whinged about our transfer policy himself but when fans do it we’re suddenly just negative anti Burnley moaners and accusing everyone of being liars.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:37 pm

He’s said he would ideally like to get players in earlier. He’s also said that he has constraints that make transfers more difficult in an expensive market.

By the same token, he’s also said that he would never want to risk the clubs future and accepts the market that we have to work within.

I’m sure he gets frustrated but not sure he moans about it.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:40 pm

KRBFC wrote:I’m not here to call other people liars, it’s not that serious. How can I call someone a liar when I don’t know the 100% facts? I said how “it appears”, I gave my opinion on how it appears from previous transfer windows. Slow in the market, lack of targets, lacking plan b’s etc
It’s more about the fact that you choose not to believe the club when they describe their strategy and try and explain how difficult the market has become.
Instead you choose to say they have no plan, that they are slow in the market and they have a lack of targets. You say that’s how it appears - but you have zero evidence to back that up and what you say has no logic or sense - or actually any truth.

How anyone with a modicum of sense can come out with what you do when you see the players that we have brought into our club under Dyche’s reign I find incredible.
He has brought in 5 players for a total of around £15m who subsequently went on to play for England and whose value increased to the best part of £100m.
No club or manager in the Premier League has a perfect transfer record but I doubt there are many with a better record than ourselves in terms of both minimising expensive flops and making a profit on individual transfers.

Yet according to you we have achieved all of this without any plan, any targets and leaving everything to the last minute.....just imagine if we knew what we were f’in doing eh ?!!!
These 3 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera Greenmile jtv

Socrates
Been Liked: 912 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Socrates » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Why wouldn't you pay 50m for the best right back in the premier league? With so many years to get better.
He’s arguably the 3rd best English right back, never mind best right back in the Premier League.

He’s a ways away behind Alexander-Arnold and Walker. That’s before you even look at Bellerin and Spanish Dave at Chelsea.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:44 pm

TVC15 wrote:It’s more about the fact that you choose not to believe the club when they describe their strategy and try and explain how difficult the market has become.
Instead you choose to say they have no plan, that they are slow in the market and they have a lack of targets. You say that’s how it appears - but you have zero evidence to back that up and what you say has no logic or sense - or actually any truth.

How anyone with a modicum of sense can come out with what you do when you see the players that we have brought into our club under Dyche’s reign I find incredible.
He has brought in 5 players for a total of around £15m who subsequently went on to play for England and whose value increased to the best part of £100m.
No club or manager in the Premier League has a perfect transfer record but I doubt there are many with a better record than ourselves in terms of both minimising expensive flops and making a profit on individual transfers.

Yet according to you we have achieved all of this without any plan, any targets and leaving everything to the last minute.....just imagine if we knew what we were f’in doing eh ?!!!
I’ve seen a tremendous decline in quality of football year on year, we played a better style of play when Ings was here and we took the money and ran

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:44 pm

KRBFC wrote:Dyche has whinged about our transfer policy himself but when fans do it we’re suddenly just negative anti Burnley moaners and accusing everyone of being liars.
Stop being a drama queen - you choose to come up with your own version of our transfer strategy which differs vastly from what Dyche and Garlick says....so yes you are choosing to believe that they are not telling the truth.
The reality is that you are just making stuff up. Fantasist, liar, negative....take your pick...

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:45 pm

TVC15 wrote:Stop being a drama queen - you choose to come up with your own version of our transfer strategy which differs vastly from what Dyche and Garlick says....so yes you are choosing to believe that they are not telling the truth.
The reality is that you are just making stuff up. Fantasist, liar, negative....take your pick...
If we have our targets, what are we waiting for? Get the bids in

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:48 pm

KRBFC wrote:I’ve seen a tremendous decline in quality of football year on year, we played a better style of play when Ings was here and we took the money and ran
If you mean the year we were in the championship then clearly that’s very different in the Premier League. But you seem to conveniently forget that Ings didn’t want to play for Burnley in the Premier League and Vokes who had been just as important as Ings to the team in the promotion winning season was out injured for the season.

As for taking the money and ran - what exactly are you referring to ? Who took what money and where did they run to ?

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:50 pm

KRBFC wrote:If we have our targets, what are we waiting for? Get the bids in
With players still under contract and agents being paid while negotiating, and actively seeking gazumpers for the chance of nothing more tenable than a pre contract agreement? Really? Did you work on Brexit?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:51 pm

KRBFC wrote:If we have our targets, what are we waiting for? Get the bids in
Ok - i’ll let them know what you said. They probably didn’t realise that’s what you need to do.
Everything should be fine once they get my email. I’ll tell them it was your idea and i’m sure they’ll be in touch to thank you and even offer you the head of recruitment role.
Phew

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:04 pm

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=39254" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This Summers current transfer activity. I’d wager that less than half will go straight into first teams. A couple have signed following loans.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:07 pm

KRBFC wrote:I’ve seen a tremendous decline in quality of football year on year, we played a better style of play when Ings was here and we took the money and ran
Hi KRBFC, Danny Ings was the guy who "took the money and ran." He left at the end of his contract, declined to sign a new one.

I'm sure you remember this.... ;)

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:33 pm

Socrates wrote:He’s arguably the 3rd best English right back, never mind best right back in the Premier League.

He’s a ways away behind Alexander-Arnold and Walker. That’s before you even look at Bellerin and Spanish Dave at Chelsea.
TAA might be the choice if just on attacking nature and Walker on pace but on seeing them all live on a few occasions it would be the Crystal Palace man for me.

Looks almost impossible to get past everytime I have seen him. He didn't give Dwight a sniff whereas he made TAA look a little silly and forced him to get subbed. It led to 4 or so games where the manager didn't trust him and subbed him when it mattered.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6902 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:35 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:TAA might be the choice if just on attacking nature and Walker on pace but on seeing them all live on a few occasions it would be the Crystal Palace man for me.

Looks almost impossible to get past everytime I have seen him. He didn't give Dwight a sniff whereas he made TAA look a little silly and forced him to get subbed. It led to 4 or so games where the manager didn't trust him and subbed him when it mattered.
I don’t think you can say with any credibility that Wan Bissaka is currently a better player than Alexander Arnold.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:39 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I don’t think you can say with any credibility that Wan Bissaka is currently a better player than Alexander Arnold.
I don't think you can say that unless you are a smacked off your tits United fan who still hasn't accepted that maybe their transfer policy need quite a bit of work
This user liked this post: Rileybobs

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I don’t think you can say with any credibility that Wan Bissaka is currently a better player than Alexander Arnold.
I just have and gave a little assessment why. Feel free to tell me why TAA is a better defender.
I have already acknowledged TAA could be described as better attacking although it's far easier to shine in Liverpools system.

He will enjoy playing for United far more.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:49 pm

Tbf, being a good defender is no longer the primary requirement of attacking full-backs these days, in-fact it can be seen as somewhat of an after thought.

COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 471 times

Post by COBBLE » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:50 pm

Somebody needs to start a new subject entitled BFC transfer news (must contain link....)
These 2 users liked this post: AfloatinClaret rob63

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3139 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:52 pm

Spijed wrote:Tbf, being a good defender is no longer the primary requirement of attacking full-backs these days, in-fact it can be seen as somewhat of an after thought.
Correct, if you have a progressive coach.
It's all trends, you know.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:53 pm

I think this lad United are signing is going to be a very very good player if he keeps his feet on the ground.

If he turns out better than the others I’m not sure but he’s got huge potential.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:53 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:I just have and gave a little assessment why. Feel free to tell me why TAA is a better defender.
I have already acknowledged TAA could be described as better attacking although it's far easier to shine in Liverpools system.

He will enjoy playing for United far more.
You said Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the Premier League. A few reasons to back up why that claim lacks any substance or credibility;
- TAA won the CL
- TAA is a full England international
- TAA plays for a much better side
- TAA made 12 assists in 29 games
- WB made 3 assists in 42 games
- Liverpool conceded 22 PL goals last season
- Crystal Palace conceded 53 goals last season

Whereas you’ve claimed that WB is a better RB based on the few times you’ve seen each player live. Which claim is more credible?

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:55 pm

Rileybobs wrote:You said Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the Premier League. A few reasons to back up why that claim lacks any substance or credibility;
- TAA won the CL
- TAA is a full England international
- TAA plays for a much better side
- TAA made 12 assists in 29 games
- WB made 3 assists in 42 games
- Liverpool conceded 22 PL goals last season
- Crystal Palace conceded 53 goals last season

Whereas you’ve claimed that WB is a better RB based on the few times you’ve seen each player live. Which claim is more credible?
Purely as a defender though TAA isn't anything special.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:55 pm

Spijed wrote:Tbf, being a good defender is no longer the primary requirement of attacking full-backs these days, in-fact it can be seen as somewhat of an after thought.
I know, Quickenthetempo claimed that Wan Bissaka is currently the best right back in the league which is a mental claim.

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:55 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Looks almost impossible to get past everytime I have seen him.
You can’t have seen him in the Euro U21 match with France. You wouldn't have picked him above Lucy Bronze from our ladies team. French winger screwed him into the pitch, then went back and unscrewed him. A long way from a £50m player and this deal shows how desperate ManU are becoming.