BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:39 pm

tiger76 wrote:So that's Che Adams and Jarrod Bowen we've been linked with who've ended up at St Mary's,credit to Southampton they are targeting young hungry players who they can improve.

And possibly in a year or two sell on for profit,and then re-invest again.

I'm struggling to see what our strategy is we don't appear to have many irons in the fire,questions must be asked of Mike Rigg.
Was saying last January we should be in for Bowen. Not sure Riggs to blame, we could have the best European scouting network in the business, but if Dyche refuses to leave his comfort zone and insists on buying British what can we do?

yosserhughes
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by yosserhughes » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:40 pm

tiger
Are you sure its Mike Rigg and not Diana Rigg.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:41 pm

tiger76 wrote:So that's Che Adams and Jarrod Bowen we've been linked with who've ended up at St Mary's,credit to Southampton they are targeting young hungry players who they can improve.

I'm struggling to see what our strategy is we don't appear to have many irons in the fire,questions must be asked of Mike Rigg.
There is no way we could compete with Southampton in the transfer market. I’m sure we know who we want. I’ll judge the window the same as any other, when it’s shut.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:02 pm

SGr wrote:Southampton the bookies favourites to sign Jarrod Bowen. Would not say no to him whatsoever
We were the overwhelming favourites with the bookies to sign Jagielka 48 hours ago...
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

BurningBeard
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 158 times

Post by BurningBeard » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:07 pm

The know all ignorance, sense of enetitlement and dramaqueenery from some on threads of this ilk ( see Crouch and Jagielka) is hilarious.
This user liked this post: Holtyclaret

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Various links on twitter stating that we’ve quoted £40m to Leicester for Tarkwoski. If Maguire goes for £75-£80m I don’t see this as a large enough fee. If Maguire is worth that much then Tarky would have to go for £60-65m that’s how ridiculous it is

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:40 pm

I am sure that Sean Dyche is well rewarded if spending is kept to a minimum and the club grows financially.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:Various links on twitter stating that we’ve quoted £40m to Leicester for Tarkwoski. If Maguire goes for £75-£80m I don’t see this as a large enough fee. If Maguire is worth that much then Tarky would have to go for £60-65m that’s how ridiculous it is
Here's a Daily Mail link:

Leicester must pay at least £40million to sign Burnley's James Tarkowski
The Foxes are assessing their options in case Harry Maguire leaves the club
Brighton's Lewis Dunk, valued at around £30million, is a cheaper alternative

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... owski.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Pearcey wrote:There is no way we could compete with Southampton in the transfer market. I’m sure we know who we want. I’ll judge the window the same as any other, when it’s shut.
Wouldn't it be more sense to judge the window when we see what the results are? Dyche has always got stick for his transfer windows, right back to the first one when all he signed were four free transfers - Heaton, Arfield, Jones, and Noble. Was that as bad a window as it was called on the day it shut? Results proved not.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:59 pm

dsr wrote:Wouldn't it be more sense to judge the window when we see what the results are? Dyche has always got stick for his transfer windows, right back to the first one when all he signed were four free transfers - Heaton, Arfield, Jones, and Noble. Was that as bad a window as it was called on the day it shut? Results proved not.
What relevance has a transfer window 6 years ago got to do with what’s happening now ?

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:00 pm

£40 million plus for Tarkowski?

They will all be getting excited down in Brentford at the size of the expected windfall.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:11 pm

kentonclaret wrote:£40 million plus for Tarkowski?
They will all be getting excited down in Brentford at the size of the expected windfall.
What % would they receive?

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:16 pm

FactualFrank wrote:What % would they receive?
20% is standard, could be 25%+.
Let's hope the way he pushed through the deal means its not as large as that.

But Burnley do like to do deals with lots of add ons for its buts and maybe to help the cost low, let's just hope it's not something ridiculous.

I got told his new deal had a minimum release fee attached and that fee said to be 50m.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:22 pm

If Tarks does go I just hope Mee doesn't throw his toys out for being left on the shelf again

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:26 pm

Is there much between (playing wise) Tarky and Dunk? apart from £10 million quid.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:31 pm

beddie wrote:Is there much between (playing wise) Tarky and Dunk? apart from £10 million quid.
I wouldn't say Tarkowski is any better than Dunk tbh. Not much in it.

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:03 pm

As the tumbleweeds and cobwebs blow across the Burnley transfer news sites speculation now spreads to Tarkowski being a possible replacement for the departure of Maguire. If Tarks were to go does anyone have any ideas as to who could be his replacement. Forget the Gibson answer because he would still need replacing in turn. Forget the Dunk answer as he would not be much cheaper than we would get for Tarks. The obvious replacement would have been Dawson who it was suggested was someone Dyche would have wanted but that boat has sailed. If we weren't prepared to bid more than £5.5m then either we weren't really interested or Dawson wasn't interested in us.

Given the ridiculous Dyche comments on Crouch it looks as if JayRod is likely a non-starter and I can't see Burnley meeting the Maupay valuation so what now. We either didn't up a bid on Che Adams or he wasn't interested in us. These situations are not boding well. The few and far between suggested links to players with Burnley is already rapidly being exhausted. We don't seem to have made much progress in replacing Ward. Heaton's contract is still uncertain. We still more creativity in midfield and I would suggest we need another tough tackling midfield option to offset Hendrick, Cork and Westwood should one get injured, lose form etc. We need more pace in general. Early days but the lack of anything being suggested other than the Crouch comments are not a positive sign. Perhaps we are waiting on a chain of events to happen before positive news for us comes in but I hope it doesn't involve selling key players and replacing them with lower grade players.

claretdj
Been Liked: 283 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by claretdj » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:26 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:As the tumbleweeds and cobwebs blow across the Burnley transfer news sites speculation now spreads to Tarkowski being a possible replacement for the departure of Maguire. If Tarks were to go does anyone have any ideas as to who could be his replacement. Forget the Gibson answer because he would still need replacing in turn. Forget the Dunk answer as he would not be much cheaper than we would get for Tarks. The obvious replacement would have been Dawson who it was suggested was someone Dyche would have wanted but that boat has sailed. If we weren't prepared to bid more than £5.5m then either we weren't really interested or Dawson wasn't interested in us.

Given the ridiculous Dyche comments on Crouch it looks as if JayRod is likely a non-starter and I can't see Burnley meeting the Maupay valuation so what now. We either didn't up a bid on Che Adams or he wasn't interested in us. These situations are not boding well. The few and far between suggested links to players with Burnley is already rapidly being exhausted. We don't seem to have made much progress in replacing Ward. Heaton's contract is still uncertain. We still more creativity in midfield and I would suggest we need another tough tackling midfield option to offset Hendrick, Cork and Westwood should one get injured, lose form etc. We need more pace in general. Early days but the lack of anything being suggested other than the Crouch comments are not a positive sign. Perhaps we are waiting on a chain of events to happen before positive news for us comes in but I hope it doesn't involve selling key players and replacing them with lower grade players.
In other news Burnley are still a premier league team for the 4th consecutive season! UTC.. :D
These 2 users liked this post: Holtyclaret creepingdeath

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:37 pm

beddie wrote:Is there much between (playing wise) Tarky and Dunk? apart from £10 million quid.
Is Dunk not left footed too?

Not sure what footed Leicesters other centre back is mind. After all you can't play 2 left footed centre backs..

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:46 pm

Jonny Evans and Wes Morgan are both knocking on a bit now though. Leicester might be thinking the money they get for Maguire could buy Tarkowski and Dunk.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:56 pm

The elephant in the room, and I know I will get bullets for saying it...is our owners and in turn our club can not afford to be in this league...they should now be looking for outside investment.
This user liked this post: Longside4evr

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Whilst you are bigging up Saints for signing two promising Championship players many on here go ape sh1t when we do that.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:Whilst you are bigging up Saints for signing two promising Championship players many on here go ape sh1t when we do that.
Do they, really?

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:29 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:If Tarks does go I just hope Mee doesn't throw his toys out for being left on the shelf again
I can understand that the effort that Ben Mee puts in makes his counterparts what they are in my view
He must be on the phone to ex Clarets Keane and if he discuses thing how well hes doing over their and how his life as change with his earnings since etc
And Gray to it must deplete you when you have been in hope.
he is one of the top earners but underneath must be thinking when is my oppertunity going to present it self
And this is were i can understand this post if Tarkowski leaves its another one made his dream move
Last edited by Longside4evr on Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:If Tarks does go I just hope Mee doesn't throw his toys out for being left on the shelf again
If Ben Mee was good enough to move on someone would come in for him.

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:45 pm

But that's my point he goes under the radar and is definitely good enough for a club bigger than us.
I think he will improve on his only fault this season his distribution then he would be some player.
Its the only thing in my view why it hasn't made the England Squad
That and Bigger clubs than us being favoured for their players at international level

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Longside4evr wrote:But that's my point he goes under the radar and is definitely good enough for a club bigger than us.
I think he will improve on his only fault this season his distribution then he would be some player.
Its the only thing in my view why it hasn't made the England Squad
That and Bigger clubs than us being favoured for their players at international level
I think if you took him out of our system and framework he would get exposed pretty badly.

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:11 pm

Or Maguire and another £30m...

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:19 pm

jrgbfc wrote:If Ben Mee was good enough to move on someone would come in for him.
Spot on

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:35 pm

I can't believe the complacency from some posters and the apologists for what us going on. I love sean and what he has done for us, but his recent comnents on Crouch and PJ are troubling. He appears to be serious about possible contracts for them if THEY want them. Really?

It's possible and maybe probable that Tarks will be leaving and that would be massive. To think that PJ would be an adequate replacement is madness. He is way to slow now.

Jay would be so much better a signing than Crouch.

Centre midfield is however more crucial.

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:37 pm

summitclaret wrote:I can't believe the complacency from some posters and the apologists for what us going on. I love sean and what he has done for us, but his recent comnents on Crouch and PJ are troubling. He appears to be serious about possible contracts for them if THEY want them. Really?

It's possible and maybe probable that Tarks will be leaving and that would be massive. To think that PJ would be an adequate replacement is madness. He is way to slow now.

Pj has signed for sheff utd tonight

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Jagielka has signed for Sheff Utd

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:42 pm

I know. Why have we wasted time on such options?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6893 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:42 pm

Another one who got away.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:55 pm

summitclaret wrote:I can't believe the complacency from some posters and the apologists for what us going on. I love sean and what he has done for us, but his recent comnents on Crouch and PJ are troubling. He appears to be serious about possible contracts for them if THEY want them. Really?

Can you direct me to his comments on Jagielka please?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Burnley have put a bid in for Chelsea's Transfer Embargo.
Not sure what position he plays .

Source. Somebody on Twitter.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:25 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Burnley have put a bid in for Chelsea's Transfer Embargo.
Not sure what position he plays .
Source. Somebody on Twitter.
Or is that Transgender Lumbago

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:36 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Can you direct me to his comments on Jagielka please?
There was a quote from him think from the BE on her today saying that if things don't work out at SU, he can talk to us.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:42 pm

summitclaret wrote:There was a quote from him think from the BE on her today saying that if things don't work out at SU, he can talk to us.
Pretty sure that quote said that if it didn’t work out he could come back to us, to continue training with us.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:45 pm

summitclaret wrote:There was a quote from him think from the BE on her today saying that if things don't work out at SU, he can talk to us.
Not quite what he said is it?

Dyche said this morning: “Phil won’t be in today as he’s talking to a club. It’s just been to help him out really, he’s a great pro and I’ve known him a few years. If that doesn’t work out, we’re open to him coming back”.

I think it’s fairly obvious that he had no intention of offering him a deal and meant coming back to continue training.

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:45 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Pretty sure that quote said that if it didn’t work out he could come back to us, to continue training with us.
Whatever. What has he future of PJ got to do with us. Every minute our MT spend talking to PJ and PC is stopping ensuring that can stay up again?

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:46 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Not quite what he said is it?

Dyche said this morning: “Phil won’t be in today as he’s talking to a club. It’s just been to help him out really, he’s a great pro and I’ve known him a few years. If that doesn’t work out, we’re open to him coming back”.

I think it’s fairly obvious that he had no intention of offering him a deal and meant coming back to continue training.
That quote is as clear as mud.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:47 pm

summitclaret wrote:Whatever. What has he future of PJ got to do with us. Every minute our MT spend talking to PJ and PC is stopping ensuring that can stay up again?
I don’t follow, your post doesn’t make sense.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:49 pm

summitclaret wrote:That quote is as clear as mud.
It’s really, really clear. ‘open to him coming back’ is exactly what it says. He’s only trained with us so he can only be coming back to train with us.

What exactly is the issue with Jagielka training with us? Care to enlighten me?

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:51 pm

Wny should we be concerned about whether PJ is fit or not? I don't give a ****.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:52 pm

summitclaret wrote:That quote is as clear as mud.
Which bit of “it’s just been to help him out really” is unclear?

Even The Mail reportedly very unambiguously that he was just training with us. Seemed to me that the club made sure that it was made public to stop some of the more volatile types putting two and two together.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:52 pm

summitclaret wrote:Wny should we be concerned about whether PJ is fit or not? I don't give a ****.
Do you ever do something for someone without being compensated with any tangible reward? Maybe Sean Dyche is just a better man.
This user liked this post: dsr

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:54 pm

summitclaret wrote:Wny should we be concerned about whether PJ is fit or not? I don't give a ****.
You seem very concerned.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Is there an award for Best Transfer Window Meltdown?

summitclaret

Post by summitclaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote:It’s really, really clear. ‘open to him coming back’ is exactly what it says. He’s only trained with us so he can only be coming back to train with us.

What exactly is the issue with Jagielka training with us? Care to enlighten me?
Dyche should stick to the knitting and save charity for the poor not the mega rich.