BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BOYSIE31
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 866 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:19 pm

ClaretAL wrote:I really tried to make this thread a point of reference, but its become the norm like Ivy growing and strangling the outcome. Mods, please can you lock the post and possibly make a pinned post for Transfer rumours/updates with links as a pinned post until the transfer window closes, as i do agree with others with the amount if crap currently getting posted lately, without a link will mean it gets lost, where as those of us who enjoy keeping up with our club at work etc, can jump straight to any updates rather than trawl through pages of ego building bo11ocks
Sounds like that will be an empty post :D :lol: :o

ClaretAL
Posts: 1123
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:39 pm
Been Liked: 486 times
Has Liked: 331 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by ClaretAL » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:22 pm

and it took 4 minutes to prove what I am saying
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 866 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:40 pm

ClaretAL wrote:and it took 4 minutes to prove what I am saying
Was a joke chill out
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

dsr
Posts: 10764
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 3144 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Steddyman wrote:I think the question we should be asking, is: “With the same manager and the same recruitment team, would spending more money be statistically more likely to lead to an improvement in league position than spending less money”

No other question matters.
Plenty of other questions matter. Because if you answer "yes" to your question, which obviously is on average true, then you still need to ask further questions. Because of for example Ravel Morrison's agent comes asking for a huge contract, and you aren't asking further questions, then you decide that Ravel Morrison = spending money and therefore is a good thing.

On average, spending money helps. But there are a lot more questions to be asked. On average, spending helps; on plenty of specific occasions, you're better off not spending. Ask your statistical question by all means, but don't stop there.

buzzclarets79
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 2:05 am
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 91 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by buzzclarets79 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:12 pm

This might be an unpopular view but I’d rather throw the kids in at this stage, like Benson, Dunne, Koiki than **** money up the wall and save that cash to put towards bringing the kids through and the academy.

CFS
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 am
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by CFS » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:31 pm

buzzclarets79 wrote:This might be an unpopular view but I’d rather throw the kids in at this stage, like Benson, Dunne, Koiki than **** money up the wall and save that cash to put towards bringing the kids through and the academy.
True we can also say it's ok losing 3 points through the season because they are kids and get relegated.

SGr
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm
Been Liked: 877 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by SGr » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:36 pm

buzzclarets79 wrote:This might be an unpopular view but I’d rather throw the kids in at this stage, like Benson, Dunne, Koiki than **** money up the wall and save that cash to put towards bringing the kids through and the academy.
It ought to be unpopular for a reason :shock:

SGr
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm
Been Liked: 877 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by SGr » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:37 pm

Seriously I thought the “f*ck it, play the kids” attitude was reserved for when we’ve actually already been mathematically relegated

tim_noone
Posts: 14520
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3717 times
Has Liked: 12819 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by tim_noone » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:38 pm

buzzclarets79 wrote:This might be an unpopular view but I’d rather throw the kids in at this stage, like Benson, Dunne, Koiki than **** money up the wall and save that cash to put towards bringing the kids through and the academy.
You won't win owt wi Kids....... :roll:

buzzclarets79
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 2:05 am
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 91 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by buzzclarets79 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Thank god we didn’t throw a kid in last season eh?!
This user liked this post: groove

SGr
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm
Been Liked: 877 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by SGr » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:55 pm

buzzclarets79 wrote:Thank god we didn’t throw a kid in last season eh?!
Dwight McNeil is an exceptional talent, and we learned this as soon as he started playing Premier League football when he was brought in due to injuries, etc. Koiki and Dunne were League One players last season whilst that was happening.

Now, I’m not saying for a minute that they don’t have a future at this club, but what I am saying is suggesting that we shouldn’t bother making signings, and should instead just throw the money at the academy (which would take a number of years to take effect even if it was a good idea) is just silly.

HieronymousBoschHobs
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:26 pm
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:30 am

Newly promoted Premier League side Sheffield United are considering a move for former England international goalkeeper Joe Hart, 32, from Burnley. (Mail)

Quicknick
Posts: 3051
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:25 pm
Been Liked: 732 times
Has Liked: 2735 times
Location: Chiang Rai, Thailand.

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Quicknick » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:55 am

ClaretAL wrote:I really tried to make this thread a point of reference, but its become the norm like Ivy growing and strangling the outcome. Mods, please can you lock the post and possibly make a pinned post for Transfer rumours/updates with links as a pinned post until the transfer window closes, as i do agree with others with the amount if crap currently getting posted lately, without a link will mean it gets lost, where as those of us who enjoy keeping up with our club at work etc, can jump straight to any updates rather than trawl through pages of ego building bo11ocks

Couldn't agree more.

buzzclarets79
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 2:05 am
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 91 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by buzzclarets79 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 am

SGr wrote:Dwight McNeil is an exceptional talent, and we learned this as soon as he started playing Premier League football when he was brought in due to injuries, etc. Koiki and Dunne were League One players last season whilst that was happening.

Now, I’m not saying for a minute that they don’t have a future at this club, but what I am saying is suggesting that we shouldn’t bother making signings, and should instead just throw the money at the academy (which would take a number of years to take effect even if it was a good idea) is just silly.
The academy is what will keep this club alive if/when we do drop out of the prem and parachute payments dry up and we are back to the 12,000 home attendances. I’ve not said we shouldn’t make signings, I said I’d rather use the youth than waste money on signings for signings sake, so for example we don’t want to waste another 5 million on a Wells signing, to me that 5 million would of been better invested in the academy.
By all accounts if there’s a good quality player out there go get them.

bfcjg
Posts: 6352
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 2397 times
Has Liked: 2341 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by bfcjg » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:04 am

Oh please let this be true.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... erson.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FactualFrank
Posts: 20973
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5775 times
Has Liked: 9832 times
Location: Leeds

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:56 am

HieronymousBoschHobs wrote:Newly promoted Premier League side Sheffield United are considering a move for former England international goalkeeper Joe Hart, 32, from Burnley. (Mail)
Should free up some serious wages for the new CM.. hopefully.

randomclaret2
Posts: 3789
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm
Been Liked: 1721 times
Has Liked: 2502 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by randomclaret2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:09 am

"Wilder's budget is tight" according to the article yet they've spent twice as much as we have.

burnmark
Posts: 1239
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:50 am
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 341 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by burnmark » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 am

Liverpool link with Heaton

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

creepingdeath
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:44 am
Been Liked: 38 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by creepingdeath » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:28 am

25 million and hes yours dippers payback for ings

FactualFrank
Posts: 20973
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5775 times
Has Liked: 9832 times
Location: Leeds

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:30 am

So we could get the young keeper from Leeds with Heaton and Hart departing. It's risky though hoping Pope stays fit all season.

Murger
Posts: 1740
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:55 pm
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Murger » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:33 am

Don't understand why we just didn't keep Lindegaard if we're after another keeper.
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

nil_desperandum
Posts: 5964
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:06 pm
Been Liked: 1450 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:58 am

bfcjg wrote:Oh please let this be true.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... erson.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think we need to free up Hart's wages, but I would prefer him not to go to a team that we might be competing with at the wrong end of the table.
Despite the views of some on here he's still a very good keeper, and he has a lot of PL experience, something that the Blades will need.

randomclaret2
Posts: 3789
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm
Been Liked: 1721 times
Has Liked: 2502 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by randomclaret2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:03 am

If we need to "free up wages" to bring in the midfielder we've needed for 3 windows now there's something wrong
These 2 users liked this post: rob63 summitclaret

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 866 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by BOYSIE31 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:10 am

I think we need to free up a few wages by the sounds of it

jojomk1
Posts: 1369
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:20 am
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by jojomk1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:29 am

SSN now saying Henderson is going back to Sheff Utd so would rule out Hart going there

Tall Paul
Posts: 5546
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 am
Been Liked: 2048 times
Has Liked: 501 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:30 am

randomclaret2 wrote:"Wilder's budget is tight" according to the article yet they've spent twice as much as we have.
That'll be why their budget is tight then
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Tricky Trevor
Posts: 3800
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm
Been Liked: 1002 times
Has Liked: 989 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Tricky Trevor » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:33 am

I thought Hart has already been quoted saying he wants to move abroad?

jojomk1
Posts: 1369
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:20 am
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by jojomk1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:34 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:I think we need to free up a few wages by the sounds of it
Four GK's doesn't help but we are not overloaded anywhere else except Wells

Would help if one of our top wage earners didn't get injured every few days

Suppose given we have two for every other position our budgets can only cope if we move one out to replace an improvement coming in.
The club will want ideally, to see the outgoing before the incoming - difficult balancing act
Last edited by jojomk1 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firthy
Posts: 2975
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:04 am
Been Liked: 983 times
Has Liked: 177 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Firthy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:35 am

It say's a lot about our potential transfers when we get excited at Crouch retiring and Hart possibly leaving.

I think holding on to Tarks, Gibson, McNeil and Heaton will be seen as a successful tansfer window. It seems to be more about who we can keep rather than who we can sign.

I'm seriously hoping for a quality midfielder to come in but that's the extent of my hopes.

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 866 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by BOYSIE31 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:47 am

jojomk1 wrote:Four GK's doesn't help but we are not overloaded anywhere else except Wells

Would help if one of our top wage earners didn't get injured every few days

Suppose given we have two for every other position our budgets can only cope if we move one out to replace an improvement coming in.
The club will want ideally, to see the outgoing before the incoming - difficult balancing act
But you can ship players out and put them up for sale to replace with better

kentonclaret
Posts: 2777
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:06 pm
Been Liked: 478 times
Has Liked: 72 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by kentonclaret » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:40 pm

Must be well over 100 posts with links that are supposed to be the "wheat" as opposed to the "chaff" of ordinary gossip yet not a single signing has emerged from any of them.

Either BFC is just hopeless at getting deals across the line or the wheat is of very poor quality.

Tricky Trevor
Posts: 3800
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm
Been Liked: 1002 times
Has Liked: 989 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Tricky Trevor » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Forget Hart to Blades. Henderson is back on loan.

FactualFrank
Posts: 20973
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5775 times
Has Liked: 9832 times
Location: Leeds

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 pm

kentonclaret wrote:Must be well over 100 posts with links that are supposed to be the "wheat" as opposed to the "chaff" of ordinary gossip yet not a single signing has emerged from any of them.

Either BFC is just hopeless at getting deals across the line or the wheat is of very poor quality.
And it's still better than the politics threads! :)
These 3 users liked this post: rob63 box_of_frogs Taffy on the wing

SGr
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm
Been Liked: 877 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by SGr » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:50 pm

I don’t see what’s wrong with this thread. Beats creating a new one to discuss every single rumour. Literally the only problem is when people post one without a link, there’s nothing wrong with opinions on the transfer window being given IMO.
This user liked this post: rob63

jojomk1
Posts: 1369
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:20 am
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by jojomk1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:33 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:But you can ship players out and put them up for sale to replace with better
Big difference between "putting players up for sale" and them actually going

Club have supposedly said Hart can leave - doesn't mean he will be gone next week

There's no doubt that savings on his wage and the likes of Wells can help with covering incoming wages, but maybe the club are not prepared to sanction fees and wages for arrivals until players who are deemed surplus to requirements actually leave the building

Worrying if that is the financial plight of the club - Mr Garlick seems to be quiet at the mo
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

kentonclaret
Posts: 2777
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:06 pm
Been Liked: 478 times
Has Liked: 72 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by kentonclaret » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:40 pm

If that is the strategy, if those players deemed surplus to requirements don't leave the building until the final day(s) of this window then highly unlikely that we will be adding any meaningful additions to the squad. Perhaps this is why some of the younger players are being given game time in the pre season friendlies.

Steddyman
Posts: 1410
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:45 pm
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 221 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Steddyman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:54 pm

You are just guessing (which is understandable given the lack of any real news). Nobody has stated we need to sell players to offload wages before we can sign anyone.

jojomk1
Posts: 1369
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:20 am
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by jojomk1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Steddyman wrote:You are just guessing (which is understandable given the lack of any real news). Nobody has stated we need to sell players to offload wages before we can sign anyone.
You're right - the club (through SD) have said we don't have to sell anyone

Worrying thing is we are currently more in the news about people leaving than additions coming in

Taffy on the wing
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:41 am
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 894 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Taffy on the wing » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:24 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:I think we need to free up Hart's wages, but I would prefer him not to go to a team that we might be competing with at the wrong end of the table.
Despite the views of some on here he's still a very good keeper, and he has a lot of PL experience, something that the Blades will need.
Get shut!.........everything from outside the box beats him.

Burnleyareback2
Posts: 1662
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:07 pm
Been Liked: 423 times
Has Liked: 884 times
Location: Mostly Europe

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:47 pm

Perhaps the manager is refusing to let anyone go until new signings come in.

I wish we had spaced out the 2 signings so far to keep the window interesting. Been very quiet ever since.

COBBLE
Posts: 833
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:04 am
Been Liked: 224 times
Has Liked: 214 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by COBBLE » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:58 pm

jojomk1 wrote:Big difference between "putting players up for sale" and them actually going

Club have supposedly said Hart can leave - doesn't mean he will be gone next week

There's no doubt that savings on his wage and the likes of Wells can help with covering incoming wages, but maybe the club are not prepared to sanction fees and wages for arrivals until players who are deemed surplus to requirements actually leave the building

Worrying if that is the financial plight of the club - Mr Garlick seems to be quiet at the mo
to be honest that is exactly how I want the club to be run.

Woodleyclaret
Posts: 3440
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:25 pm
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 814 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Woodleyclaret » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:04 am

Window has shut early.We are not signing anyone else despite still being in dire need of a comparative cm and a pacy wide man.Talk of the problems with recruitment from Sean have started earlier than usual and that is a worry.Two more weeks have gone by" nothing of note has happened

Quicknick
Posts: 3051
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:25 pm
Been Liked: 732 times
Has Liked: 2735 times
Location: Chiang Rai, Thailand.

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Quicknick » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:30 am

What's a comparative cm?

ijkay
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:51 pm
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by ijkay » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:26 am

Heaton

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-18773179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grimsdale
Posts: 353
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:44 am
Been Liked: 386 times
Has Liked: 53 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Grimsdale » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:33 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:Window has shut early.We are not signing anyone else despite still being in dire need of a comparative cm and a pacy wide man.Talk of the problems with recruitment from Sean have started earlier than usual and that is a worry.Two more weeks have gone by" nothing of note has happened
:roll:
Sean was saying pretty much the same thing at this time last year, yet lo and behold, in the last couple of days of the window we somehow found £26 million stashed down the back of the sofa.

Nothing of note will happen until the end of the window again. We will have our targets, approached them with what we are prepared to pay them and they will have said "I'll let you know" as their agents try go get the best offer between now and 8th August. Of course the risk is that none of our targets elect to join us, but that's always going to be the way unless we pay over the odds now.

FWIW if we get a decent CM I think it will have been a successful window. Think we are fine out wide with McNeil, Brady JBG, Lennon and Hendrick.

Longside4evr
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:34 am
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times
Location: Malaga Spain

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Longside4evr » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:14 am

I reckon Garlick will be resenting the Defour signing he will be counting up all the lost money and have the saying from Jim Bowen in his head "look what you could have had"

agreenwood
Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Been Liked: 522 times
Has Liked: 91 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by agreenwood » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:35 am

Good or bad, this window looks like most of the others in the Prem. Couple of signings from our go-to clubs and our manager suggesting we aren’t in a position to compete in the market.

I think Garrick has suggested we’d probably break our transfer record this summer and last, but we appear to be stuck at around the £10-15m mark. I assume this is because £20m+ footballers come with wage demands beyond what we’re willing to pay.

jojomk1
Posts: 1369
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:20 am
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by jojomk1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:31 am

£30m spent last summer on three players, two of whom have hardly been seen as starting eleven material by the manager and one who has now been told he can go.
Can understand to a certain degree therefore why Mr Garlick is somewhat cautious in transfer dealings
Maybe the appointment of Mike Rigg was seen by the Chairman as a middle man to help in identifying and signing new, first team talent (along with the other areas of the club under his control)
Maybe the lack of signings, especially younger players with a future for potential and profit shows a difference of opinion between him and the manager
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 866 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by BOYSIE31 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:40 am

jojomk1 wrote:£30m spent last summer on three players, two of whom have hardly been seen as starting eleven material by the manager and one who has now been told he can go.
Can understand to a certain degree therefore why Mr Garlick is somewhat cautious in transfer dealings
Maybe the appointment of Mike Rigg was seen by the Chairman as a middle man to help in identifying and signing new, first team talent (along with the other areas of the club under his control)
Maybe the lack of signings, especially younger players with a future for potential and profit shows a difference of opinion between him and the manager
Could not agree more when given the money he chooses not to play them - if i was chairman i would be wary to give Dyche anymore serious cash

andyh
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:27 am
Been Liked: 265 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by andyh » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:42 am

We need upper prem level players to improve our starting 11. Those who are good enough to improve us are good enough to improve most teams. Therefore we will need to compete on wages and fees.

Going for younger talent to grow into it is also too crowded and therefore expensive. A real sticky position to buy anything sensible.

There are fewer and fewer undiscovered gems. As soon as they have an agent it is their job to make sure they are known to everyone. The digital age means there are scouting videos on someone as raw and unproven as Mumbongo.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Post Reply