BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 pm

We did play more attacking football last season, as evidenced by the fact we scored more goals than we have done in any other PL season.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Daily Mail reporting Camarassa to Palace is almost done with a loan deal initially then permanent if they stay up. They are also looking at getting Cahill and McCarthy

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Steddyman wrote:Josh Benson looked some player when he came on today. I'd like to see more of this lad.
I left on 87min and Josh hardly had a touch. Today was my 1st pre season game and I wanted a look at Josh, unfortunately he only got the last 20 and his contribution was minimal.

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:34 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Daily Mail reporting Camarassa to Palace is almost done with a loan deal initially then permanent if they stay up. They are also looking at getting Cahill and McCarthy

We struggle to complete with the London clubs for wages and location when trying to sign a foreigner
This user liked this post: creepingdeath

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:42 pm

Top Claret wrote:We struggle to complete with the London clubs for wages and location when trying to sign a foreigner

And possibly english/uk based players too, if the article is to be believed
This user liked this post: Top Claret

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:46 pm

and people wonder why they keep transfer news close to their chests.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:46 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:Daily Mail reporting Camarassa to Palace is almost done with a loan deal initially then permanent if they stay up. They are also looking at getting Cahill and McCarthy
Well I can't see us letting Tarkowski go if we can't get as good as a replacement as Cahill!

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Top Claret wrote:We struggle to complete with the London clubs for wages and location when trying to sign a foreigner
The list also includes Orient and Millwall.

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:48 pm

karatekid wrote:Kevin Long to Forest?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... ng-3170757
Kev just gets on with the job and has been an excellent servant to BFC. I think now is the time he moves on to pasture new. Forest would be an excellent move for him
These 2 users liked this post: BOYSIE31 Juan Tanamera

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Progression after that season for me would have been able to play a little more attacking football (like we did before Defour & Brady got injured) whilst comfortably being a 10th-15th team

What we ended up was a side fighting to survive and having to resort to the backs to the wall and boot it up to two big men style that we used successively to stay up the first time

That to me was a step backwards born out of two poor transfer windows. If we dont get a good centre midfielder I think we've stalled again and will spend another season just trying to keep 3 teams below us.

Luckily we have a manager who gets so much out of the players he's got he covers over the cracks from our recent poor recruitment and I think he will keep us up again. That said after the freakish season of coming 7th I feel the club missed a good opportunity to build on it

Finally regardless of the above comments the fact that we are even competing in this league is a miracle and something I am very thankful and appreciative of but that doesnt mean we cant criticise and highlight things we feel could improve us
Agree we definitely need a midfielder and I’ll be disappointed if we don’t bring one in this week which we’ll probably have to break our record for and recruitment seems to be a continued problem from the outside.

Considering the start to last season the way we finished was amazing. Agree we’d all like to see more free flowing football but some posters on here give Dyche absolutely zero credit for example out 7th place finish was a ‘fluke’. They’ll have been similar Stoke, West Brom, Charlton fans demanding better football and reaching the ‘next level’ after a few years in the top flight.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:43 pm

Midfielder needed desperately , when Cork went down today it was almost down to two!

Defour was in the Longside today in the first half, possibly testing out his new seat

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:52 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Agree we definitely need a midfielder and I’ll be disappointed if we don’t bring one in this week which we’ll probably have to break our record for and recruitment seems to be a continued problem from the outside.

Considering the start to last season the way we finished was amazing. Agree we’d all like to see more free flowing football but some posters on here give Dyche absolutely zero credit for example out 7th place finish was a ‘fluke’. They’ll have been similar Stoke, West Brom, Charlton fans demanding better football and reaching the ‘next level’ after a few years in the top flight.
I dont disagree and without doubt there's a balance between the more extreme and over the top views of both sides but messageboards by their nature bring those more extreme views to the forefront

I was trying to articulate that there's a reasonable school of thought around progression from coming 7th that didn't mean getting into the top 6 and didn't mean becoming the next Portsmouth or Bolton and that just maybe we didnt build on it as good as we could have done

I like focus on the areas I think we can do better because thats what matters more to me but Im forever labeled as negative or a moaner or even a troll which dissuades me from trying to have sensible discussion about Burnely on here
These 3 users liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm BOYSIE31 Turfytop

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:56 pm

I think Benson will follow in the steps of Dwight, so not so concerned.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I dont disagree and without doubt there's a balance between the more extreme and over the top views of both sides but messageboards by their nature bring those more extreme views to the forefront

I was trying to articulate that there's a reasonable school of thought around progression from coming 7th that didn't mean getting into the top 6 and didn't mean becoming the next Portsmouth or Bolton and that just maybe we didnt build on it as good as we could have done

I like focus on the areas I think we can do better because thats what matters more to me but Im forever labeled as negative or a moaner or even a troll which dissuades me from trying to have sensible discussion about Burnely on here
Fingers crossed for a good season!
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Top Claret wrote:I left on 87min and Josh hardly had a touch. Today was my 1st pre season game and I wanted a look at Josh, unfortunately he only got the last 20 and his contribution was minimal.
You must have been watching the wrong player then. His very first touch was to nip in ahead of a Parma player who looked a dead cert to receive it and almost create a scoring chance. He was quick to the ball all over.
These 2 users liked this post: Cleveleys_claret Down_Rover

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:01 pm

If we were playing Championship football I'd be all for giving Benson the nod. I love seeing players coming through into the first team.

But it's so rare in PL football for an academy player to come in and be good enough straight away, and not only that, but to actually improve the side at the same time, because that's what we need. McNeil is a special talent and a special case.

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:02 pm

Benson was seriously out of his depth against Crewe, felt sorry for the lad.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:07 pm

People who went today sounding benson out for this season. Bants. Grow up guys. We need a CM. We can’t identify one. It’s pathetic.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:49 pm

Not knocking either of them as I thought they both looked lively but at times both Wells and Benson were unsure of where to go on the pitch. Often McNeil was telling them where to go. Now like I say this isn't having a go at them as they haven't had much time with the first team but if you are a Villa fan and you have 13plus new players trying to gel I would be seriously worried. We had 2 today and the communication and the awareness wasn't there (will come in time, all new players need to settle in). God help Villa, will be going same way as Fulham

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:05 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I like focus on the areas I think we can do better because thats what matters more to me but Im forever labeled as negative or a moaner or even a troll which dissuades me from trying to have sensible discussion about Burnely on here
The reason you are sometimes looked on as a moaner and a troll is because sometimes you take your persona as "Devil's advocate" to mean that you will oppose the majority just for the sake of it. That isn't what a Devil's Advocate does - specifically, he makes the rational arguments against the prospective Pope (not Nick!) so that cardinals minded to vote for him can know that their reasons have been tested. The Devil's Advocate doesn't just say "he is popular, so I'm against" - he has to have valid reasons. So often you appear to oppose just for the sake of it.

And because some of your posts are obvious wind-ups, then the rest of them come under suspicion too.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:33 pm

dsr wrote:The reason you are sometimes looked on as a moaner and a troll is because sometimes you take your persona as "Devil's advocate" to mean that you will oppose the majority just for the sake of it. That isn't what a Devil's Advocate does - specifically, he makes the rational arguments against the prospective Pope (not Nick!) so that cardinals minded to vote for him can know that their reasons have been tested. The Devil's Advocate doesn't just say "he is popular, so I'm against" - he has to have valid reasons. So often you appear to oppose just for the sake of it.

And because some of your posts are obvious wind-ups, then the rest of them come under suspicion too.
Your entitled to your opinion and Im not gonna get into a discussion about my persona on a messageboard apart from that people really do get hung up on my username too much and if you ever come back at me to disagree with my post on its merit rather than just trying to argue against me the person I'll always try and have a sensible and respectful debate
These 2 users liked this post: lrac Turfytop

burnmark
Been Liked: 592 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by burnmark » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:43 pm

Nixon reckons no more interest in Tarkowski so won’t pursue Cahill who’ll go to Palace for £75k a week (which would have ruled us out anyway!)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MDWat
Been Liked: 871 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:51 pm

Yet Rob Dorsett, who knows everything Leicester, says the two they’re considering to replace Maguire and Nathan Ake and...James Tarkowski

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:20 am

burnmark wrote:Nixon reckons no more interest in Tarkowski so won’t pursue Cahill who’ll go to Palace for £75k a week (which would have ruled us out anyway!)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MDWat wrote:Yet Rob Dorsett, who knows everything Leicester, says the two they’re considering to replace Maguire and Nathan Ake and...James Tarkowski

Dorsett knows all things Leicester

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:40 am

Hedontplayforyou wrote:Midfielder needed desperately , when Cork went down today it was almost down to two!

Defour was in the Longside today in the first half, possibly testing out his new seat
Did he pull his hammy going for his halftime brew

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:44 am

puts us in a good position, we know Leicester just got a seasons worth of cash from Man Utd, we don't need to sell so it should be the release clause of 50 million if it exists, hopefully it doesn't and we can ask them for even more :lol:

addisclaret
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by addisclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:46 am

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:Did he pull his hammy going for his halftime brew
Not sure but he didn't make it back for the second half so the steepness of the steps might have worried him :D

Nipples
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Nipples » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:25 am

Sky saying we are in for Camarasa. If Palace only want to do a loan deal but we want to do a permanent then we should be favourites imo. Get it done
This user liked this post: burnley007

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:29 am

Mr nixon says we're after Phillips at leeds

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:35 am

Grumps wrote:Mr nixon says we're after Phillips at leeds
Our second feeder club!

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 698 times

Post by Bigvince » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:35 am

Grumps wrote:Mr nixon says we're after Phillips at leeds
We do have Leeds on speed dial, and there might be a chance if they want Vydra

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 am

Bigvince wrote:We do have Leeds on speed dial, and there might be a chance if they want Vydra
They don't

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:45 am

Its looking very like that we have to sell before we can buy.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:58 am

Phillips at Leeds. Now there’s an exciting link. Pity he will cost £20m

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:59 am

Blyclaret wrote:Its looking very like that we have to sell before we can buy.

Really, why? Genuine question.

Blyclaret

Post by Blyclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:01 am

Any of our recent purchases involves selling a player first.

Grimsdale
Been Liked: 551 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Post by Grimsdale » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:11 am

Blyclaret wrote:Any of our recent purchases involves selling a player first.
Who did we sell to buy Gibson, Vydra and Hart?

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:11 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Phillips at Leeds. Now there’s an exciting link. Pity he will cost £20m
Leeds want 30 million

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:13 am

£15M plus Vydra should do it.

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:14 am

burnmark wrote:Nixon reckons no more interest in Tarkowski so won’t pursue Cahill who’ll go to Palace for £75k a week (which would have ruled us out anyway!)

SSN Stating City are after Ake which kind of puts Tarks in the frame...

08:10
PEP EYES PAIR

Pep Guardiola is weighing up moves for Real Madrid midfielder Isco and Bournemouth central defender Nathan Ake, according to the Express.

The Man City boss has reportedly been keen on the Spain international for a while, but is not in any hurry to make a move, while Ake is viewed as an alternative to Harry Maguire, who is set to join city rivals Man Utd.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:17 am

2 bits of Leicester gossip on BBC re defenders a none of which involve Tarky

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers is planning a surprise £15m swoop for Celtic's Norway international defender Kristoffer Ajer, 21. (Star Sunday)

Leicester have reportedly earmarked Getafe's Togo international defender Djene Dakonam, 27, as a potential replacement for Manchester United-bound England centre-back Harry Maguire, 26. (Leicester Mercury)

creepingdeath
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by creepingdeath » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:17 am

AndyClaret wrote:£15M plus Vydra should do it.

What happens if phillips wants a 4 year deal on 100k a week with no salary reduction on relegation? Things aren’t that simple

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:20 am

creepingdeath wrote:What happens if phillips wants a 4 year deal on 100k a week with no salary reduction on relegation? Things aren’t that simple
And a unicorn :lol:

Blyclaret

Post by Blyclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:22 am

Vokes / Jay Rod
Heaton / Bailley Peacock Farrell

creepingdeath
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by creepingdeath » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:22 am

joey13 wrote:And a unicorn :lol:

The unicorn is more doable than 100k a week
This user liked this post: ElectroClaret

Grimsdale
Been Liked: 551 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Post by Grimsdale » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:24 am

creepingdeath wrote:What happens if phillips wants a 4 year deal on 100k a week with no salary reduction on relegation? Things aren’t that simple
I think we must already have agreed a deal with him, otherwise no point negotiating with the club if we can't meet his demands.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:26 am

Blyclaret wrote:Vokes / Jay Rod
Heaton / Bailley Peacock Farrell
I think its fair to say if a player looks like leaving we dont want to bring in the replacement till the sale is complete however I dont think we need to sell to buy. If we find a midfielder that is the right fit at the right price I dont think we'll have to sell anyone before Dyche is able to make the deal

burnmark
Been Liked: 592 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by burnmark » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:26 am

Latest from Nixon
Attachments
94279172-942A-4113-8CCB-E8B2D728D3B4.jpeg
94279172-942A-4113-8CCB-E8B2D728D3B4.jpeg (202.21 KiB) Viewed 2872 times
D3AF7509-789B-436B-97C1-35F97352F06D.jpeg
D3AF7509-789B-436B-97C1-35F97352F06D.jpeg (182.41 KiB) Viewed 2872 times

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:26 am

Was Camarasa really that effective at Cardiff last season? Not the end of the world if he goes to Palace imo.

Not sure about Phillips either. Seems a bit of a tired link. Don’t mean to be negative or anything but we appear to be getting tunnel vision with our targets again.

Blyclaret

Post by Blyclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:27 am

According to Nixon we do
Now hes suggesting selling Hendrick to fund a replacement.