BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
Sproggy
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:41 pm
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Sproggy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:03 am

Tall Paul wrote:You appear to have missed the point that if these players are good enough to improve our first team then they're also good enough to improve the first teams of about ten other PL clubs who will pay them more wages. Those other clubs don't include Manchester City, so not sure why you've mentioned them.


If they're looking for that type of player in that position for that fee for those wages. The logical conclusion to your argument is that the teams around us would keep buying players just because one of the other 9 has shown interest in them. You must be a nightmare on EBay.

# 2
CharlieinNewMexico
Posts: 1531
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:53 am
Been Liked: 363 times
Has Liked: 329 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby CharlieinNewMexico » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:03 am

TopCat wrote:If Mooy goes to Brighton we can go for Stephens!


That's my Sean! .... The patient poker player

"We'll sign you eventually Dale, no worries"

# 3
Selby Claret
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:24 pm
Been Liked: 257 times
Has Liked: 74 times
Location: On a galloping horse with a blind man

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Selby Claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:04 am

I'd rather have Drinkwater on loan than Mooy

# 4
martin_p
Posts: 5282
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 1800 times
Has Liked: 426 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby martin_p » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:05 am

Sproggy wrote:If they're looking for that type of player in that position for that fee for those wages. The logical conclusion to your argument is that the teams around us would keep buying players just because one of the other 9 has shown interest in them. You must be a nightmare on EBay.


Well it’s happened with just about every player we’ve (allegedly) shown interest in so far.

# 5
claretblue
Posts: 4061
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:36 pm
Been Liked: 1121 times
Has Liked: 783 times
Location: cloud 9 since Dyche appointed

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby claretblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:10 am

7:38am
Drinkwater closes in on Burnley loan move
Simon Jones (Daily Mail): Danny Drinkwater is close to agreeing a loan move to Burnley.

Sportsmail revealed on Tuesday that Sean Dyche had made a move for the former England international amid interest from Norwich City and Brighton.

Meanwhile, Burnley striker Nahki Wells is discussing a possible move to Championship side Birmingham City.
This user liked this post: Pearcey

# 6
TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5071
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2673 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby TheFamilyCat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:18 am

SSN now reporting Boro also interested in Wells. Wonder if this could smooth the way for Fry (assuming we still think we need him).

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (37.44 KiB) Viewed 3351 times

# 7
Long Time Lurker
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 221 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Long Time Lurker » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:31 am

MACCA wrote:Must be a tough life being a multi millionaires son, he's rightly sticking up for his daddy, it's natural.

I hope neither he or our fabulous board are getting stick for this.

We have been linked with the best players we have ever been linked with this window, and theres clear signs of progress


No problem with him having his say and life can be tough for everyone ( in different ways ) so I don't understand the " take a pop at the privileged " comment.

However

Rigg was brought in to take the weight off both Garlick and Dyche. To make things easier for them so that they would have more time to concentrate on their key areas. I don't doubt that some transfers can be complicated, but transfers can be made easier or more complicated by the players that a club puts on their target list.

If Rigg puts together a list of unsuitable targets ( from a playing stand point ) Sean can sanction the transfer of a player that he doesn't want, he can sign nobody or he can take matters into his own hands and try to work some last minute magic of his own. He has a choice, but if he is given a list of unwise options than whatever choice he makes he is screwed.

The same can be true if Rigg puts together a list comprised of players that are unlikely to come here for any number of reasons. It might be that a player doesn't want to move, he doesn't want to move here, his club doesn't want to sell him on, other teams are more likely to sign him in a face off or his asking price is beyond our financial means. Garlick can respond to those choices by spending more than we should, placing the club in financial jeopardy, or decide not to bring players in.

A poorly formulated list of transfer targets can make everyone's life more difficult. Sean will get it in the neck for not signing anyone, Garlick sustains a swipe for not backing the manager while Rigg quietly sits in the background mumbling " first and last it wasn't me, they both had a choice ".

The person responsible for formulating a transfer list ahead of a window can have a much greater influence on the final outcome than the people who have to pick from that list.

Like the edit -

Garlick's son shouldn't feel like he has to defend his dad. In my eyes Garlick has done a lot of good things for our club and earned a stack of good favour points. The same is true for Dyche, the board and all our players.

It is also true that we have been linked with some good players, but if we don't sign them it is a demonstration of wasted effort. We could put in a bid for Neymar if links to good players counted for anything. Football is a results business.

# 8
Tall Paul
Posts: 5123
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 am
Been Liked: 1859 times
Has Liked: 452 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Tall Paul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:32 am

Sproggy wrote:If they're looking for that type of player in that position for that fee for those wages. The logical conclusion to your argument is that the teams around us would keep buying players just because one of the other 9 has shown interest in them. You must be a nightmare on EBay.


No, the logical conclusion is that the other teams keep buying these players until there are no more of them available or they all have teams/squads better than ours.

It's nothing to do with others showing interest in them. With all the stats and information on players available these days, the transfer market is approaching a perfect market and that's how perfect markets work.

# 9
jedi_master
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:33 pm
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 409 times
Location: Chesterfield

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby jedi_master » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:32 am

I am gagging for a drink of water.

# 10
tim_noone
Posts: 11413
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2955 times
Has Liked: 10427 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby tim_noone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:35 am

jedi_master wrote:I am gagging for a drink of water.

:D

# 11
MACCA
Posts: 10683
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 2689 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby MACCA » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:35 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:No problem with him having his say and life can be tough for everyone ( in different ways ) so I don't understand the " take a pop at the privileged " comment.

However

Rigg was brought in to take the weight off both Garlick and Dyche. To make things easier for them so that they would have more time to concentrate on their key areas. I don't doubt that some transfers can be complicated, but transfers can be made easier or more complicated by the players that a club puts on their target list.

If Rigg puts together a list of unsuitable targets ( from a playing stand point ) Sean can sanction the transfer of a player that he doesn't want, he can sign nobody or he can take matters into his own hands and try to work some last minute magic of his own. He has a choice, but if he is given a list of unwise options than whatever choice he makes he is screwed.

The same can be true if Rigg puts together a list comprised of players that are unlikely to come here for any number of reasons. It might be that a player doesn't want to move, he doesn't want to move here, his club doesn't want to sell him on, other teams are more likely to sign him in a face off or his asking price is beyond our financial means. Garlick can respond to those choices by spending more than we should, placing the club in financial jeopardy, or decide not to bring players in.

A poorly formulated list of transfer targets can make everyone's life more difficult. Sean will get it in the neck for not signing anyone, Garlick sustains a swipe for not backing the manager while Rigg quietly sits in the background mumbling " first and last it wasn't me, they both had a choice ".

The person responsible for formulating a transfer list ahead of a window can have a much greater influence on the final outcome than the people who have to pick from that list.

Like the edit -

Garlick's son shouldn't feel like he has to defend his dad. In my eyes Garlick has done a lot of good things for our club and earned a stack of good favour points. The same is true for Dyche, the board and all our players.

It is also true that we have been linked with some good players, but if we don't sign them it is a demonstration of wasted effort. We could put in a bid for Neymar if links to good players counted for anything. Football is a results business.


I turned off after the first paragraph, but yes you're right I'll agree with you

# 12
dyching with success
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:08 pm
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby dyching with success » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:36 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:SSN now reporting Boro also interested in Wells. Wonder if this could smooth the way for Fry (assuming we still think we need him).

Capture.JPG


not a chance that would happen, Boro look very short at the back as it is without selling what Woodgate has already stated is the most valuable asset the club has and is a local lad who has no interest in leaving the club he supported as a boy.

seems strange to knock back Swansea bid of cash for Wells and then on the final day get bids for a loan. is he not out of contract at the end of the season? does not make any sense at all.

# 13
TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5071
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2673 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby TheFamilyCat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:38 am

Can only assume that we felt we needed Wells when Swansea offered the money and that has now changed.

I presume we’d have gone back to them to see if they were still interested before offering him in loan.

# 14
Sproggy
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:41 pm
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Sproggy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 am

Tall Paul wrote:No, the logical conclusion is that the other teams keep buying these players until there are no more of them available or they all have teams/squads better than ours.


Yes, of course. The 9 teams around us will keep buying players we're intersted in until there are none left anywhere in the world. Crystal Palace will end up with a squad of 143 players but they'll keep going just because they can.

# 15
CharlieinNewMexico
Posts: 1531
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:53 am
Been Liked: 363 times
Has Liked: 329 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby CharlieinNewMexico » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 am

Danny Danny, oh with your eyes so blue....

# 16
Tall Paul
Posts: 5123
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 am
Been Liked: 1859 times
Has Liked: 452 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Tall Paul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:41 am

Sproggy wrote:Yes, of course. The 9 teams around us will keep buying players we're intersted in until there are none left anywhere in the world. Crystal Palace will end up with a squad of 143 players but they'll keep going just because they can.


It looks like reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Did you just ignore the second part of the sentence you quoted?

# 17
tim_noone
Posts: 11413
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2955 times
Has Liked: 10427 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby tim_noone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:42 am

TVC15 wrote:You thought of applying for a job in the Burnley PR team ?

But he's telling the truth ..

# 18
SGr
Posts: 3424
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 281 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby SGr » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am

Boden says Drinkwater “remains a possibility”.

# 19
Fez
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:06 am
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Fez » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:45 am

For today could we just post potential transfers and links in to this thread so we dont have to read through all this garbage? :?

# 20
agreenwood
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Been Liked: 474 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby agreenwood » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:45 am

It’s inevitable that at some point this afternoon we’ll be told that an agreement on Drinkwater’s wages couldn’t be struck.

# 21
Long Time Lurker
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 221 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Long Time Lurker » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:46 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:Can only assume that we felt we needed Wells when Swansea offered the money and that has now changed.

I presume we’d have gone back to them to see if they were still interested before offering him in loan.


Nahki might not have wanted to join Swansea. If a player doesn't fancy a club we can't force them to sign up.

That is the only realstic reason I can come up with or the rumour wasn't true.

Whatever happens if we send him out on a loan instead of selling him ( meaning we save on his wages, but miss out on a transfer fee ) it is a poor performance on our part. Especially when so many clubs were in the market for new strikers.

# 22
Spijed
Posts: 10186
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1798 times
Has Liked: 809 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Spijed » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:48 am

SGr wrote:Boden says Drinkwater “remains a possibility”.


That doesn't tell you much.

# 23
ClaretTony
Posts: 31385
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 14162 times
Has Liked: 2770 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby ClaretTony » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:48 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:Can only assume that we felt we needed Wells when Swansea offered the money and that has now changed.

I presume we’d have gone back to them to see if they were still interested before offering him in loan.


Did they offer money for him?

# 24
martin_p
Posts: 5282
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 1800 times
Has Liked: 426 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby martin_p » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:49 am

West Brom no longer interested in Wells (Sky).

# 25
jedi_master
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:33 pm
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 409 times
Location: Chesterfield

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby jedi_master » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:51 am

SGr wrote:Boden says Drinkwater “remains a possibility”.


I mean, I should hope so? I (obviously far too optimistically) thought this was a bit further along by now.

# 26
Granny WeatherWax
Posts: 936
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Granny WeatherWax » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:54 am

Touch and go on Drinkwater

# 27
dyching with success
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:08 pm
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby dyching with success » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:54 am

martin_p wrote:West Brom no longer interested in Wells (Sky).


that's because they are after Charlie Austin instead

# 28
TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5071
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2673 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby TheFamilyCat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:55 am

ClaretTony wrote:Did they offer money for him?


I thought so but it's hard to keep up with what is true and what isn't. I'm guessing they didn't then?

# 29
dyching with success
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:08 pm
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby dyching with success » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:58 am

ClaretTony wrote:Did they offer money for him?


apparently offered £5m for him

# 30
Sproggy
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:41 pm
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Sproggy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:02 am

Tall Paul wrote:It looks like reading comprehension isn't your strong point. Did you just ignore the second part of the sentence you quoted?


Ooo..insults make your point much more valid.

# 31
Rumpelstiltskin
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:18 pm
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 1008 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Rumpelstiltskin » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:06 am

jedi_master wrote:Would have been a steady, safe and within budget addition for us - and you'd imagine the ability to stay where he is currently based would have swung it in our favour.

One can only assume we have a central midfielder in the bag for us to have shown no interest in Mooy, right?

# 32
williamjblazkowicz
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:21 pm
Been Liked: 39 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby williamjblazkowicz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:06 am

Image

The bloody state of this thread.
This user liked this post: wilks_bfc

# 33
TsarBomba
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:51 pm
Been Liked: 282 times
Has Liked: 73 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby TsarBomba » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:08 am

Bristol City have just brought in a midfielder from Bologna.

Paves the way for Brownhill exit?

# 34
ClaretTony
Posts: 31385
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 14162 times
Has Liked: 2770 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby ClaretTony » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:17 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:I thought so but it's hard to keep up with what is true and what isn't. I'm guessing they didn't then?


Problem is a lot of the speculation isn't true but I don't think there is any way we would have turned down money for him only to loan him out for a year which would leave him able to walk on a free in a year's time.

# 35
northernpowerhouse
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:09 pm
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby northernpowerhouse » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:19 am

thomaspaine wrote:No disrepect mate but I trust Dyches judgement not yours.


I trust his judgement as well which is why I added the caveat "if we don't sign a central midfielder". I think we will, but if we don't and decent players within our reach have gone elsewhere obviously we've ****** up.

# 36
Chuckypad
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:29 am
Been Liked: 105 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Chuckypad » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:23 am

ClaretTony wrote:Problem is a lot of the speculation isn't true but I don't think there is any way we would have turned down money for him only to loan him out for a year which would leave him able to walk on a free in a year's time.


The sun reported we turned down 2.5 million for him last week

Not a link to the Sun report but this cites that:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/06/do-report-swansea-bid-for-5m-burnley-striker-nahki-wells/

# 37
SGr
Posts: 3424
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 281 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby SGr » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:27 am

Nixon: Drinkwater move going well. Could strike a compromise on wages
These 2 users liked this post: Steddyman Rumpelstiltskin

# 38
ClaretTony
Posts: 31385
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 14162 times
Has Liked: 2770 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby ClaretTony » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:27 am

Chuckypad wrote:The sun reported we turned down 2.5 million for him last week

Not a link to the Sun report but this cites that:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/06/do-report-swansea-bid-for-5m-burnley-striker-nahki-wells/


I wouldn't take any notice of anything from hitc and I am aware of what the Sun said. I'm not sure that's the case.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

# 39
nil_desperandum
Posts: 5388
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:06 pm
Been Liked: 1305 times
Has Liked: 2402 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby nil_desperandum » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:31 am

Chuckypad wrote:The sun reported we turned down 2.5 million for him last week

Not a link to the Sun report but this cites that:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/06/do-report-swansea-bid-for-5m-burnley-striker-nahki-wells/

Well if it was reported in The Sun then it must be true!!!!! :roll:
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

# 40
aggi
Posts: 4716
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 am
Been Liked: 1134 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby aggi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:33 am

claretspice wrote:Think the biggest issue with Mooy for us is that he's not very tall. If we're looking for someone who is genuinely an alternative to Cork, then it isn't Mooy because a midfield of Mooy and Westwood would lack stature.

But I think a few of us have been surprised that Mooy hasn't been more in demand this summer. But he hasn't, from anyone. He's gone on a loan deal right at the end of the window. Given that presumably he's a pretty affordable signing, you've got to ask why he's not been more sought after.


We should definitely have signed Billing on this basis.

(I do actually think he would have been a good signing for us, will be interesting to see how he does at Bournemouth in the next couple of years.)
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

# 41
THEWELLERNUT70
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:13 pm
Been Liked: 506 times
Has Liked: 1281 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby THEWELLERNUT70 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:34 am

"Sky Sports News where we are only dealing in the facts and not the speculation on transfer deadline day "

It makes a change from the utter w@nk they spout for the remainder of days in the year

# 42
jedi_master
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:33 pm
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 409 times
Location: Chesterfield

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby jedi_master » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:37 am

WHO WANTS WANYAMA?

Tottenham are open to getting Vincent Wanyama a new club by the end of the day... But they can't find a destination for him.

Bournemouth were interested in the Kenyan international but they have since signed Phillip Billing, while Brighton look set to land Aaron Mooy and Burnley are interested in Danny Drinkwater - all of which could have been possible destinations for him.

---

Not a link, just saying I would absolutely take him in a heartbeat on loan (assuming his wages are far too high for a permanent deal). In fact, I would take him as well as Drinkwater.

# 43
PhilC
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:37 pm
Been Liked: 40 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby PhilC » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:39 am

The only important things on Transfer deadline day from Sky.

https://youtu.be/sxuDVZwOffc

# 44
Steddyman
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:45 pm
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Steddyman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:44 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:The wages we pay may be astronomical to you and I but in this league, they really are a pittance.

Not according to Sean and Mike. He repeatedly said last year that we are no longer the bottom of the PL on wages.

# 45
Firthy
Posts: 2441
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:04 am
Been Liked: 810 times
Has Liked: 150 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Firthy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:49 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Touch and go on Drinkwater


Another nugget of information. Where the f##k do people get things from?

# 46
TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5071
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2673 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby TheFamilyCat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:52 am

Steddyman wrote:Not according to Sean and Mike. He repeatedly said last year that we are no longer the bottom of the PL on wages.


No longer bottom but still very close.

# 47
nil_desperandum
Posts: 5388
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:06 pm
Been Liked: 1305 times
Has Liked: 2402 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby nil_desperandum » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:54 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:Taylor by far and then Mc Neil as without his input we would have already played our first game this season

It's all about opinions, but I think that if you look back on this board you'll find that up until the New Year a large number of posters didn't think that Taylor was good enough. He was a part of a shambolic defence and had been personally culpable for quite a number of goals conceded. His left- sided partnership with Mee simply wasn't working.
I'll grant you that he was outstanding in the final third of the season, but Westwood had an excellent season overall.
No one will argue about McNeil, but we're taking about player of the season and he only started 21 games. I think Westwood only missed 4 and we terrible in those games, (e.g. Newcastle away)
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

# 48
Vegas Claret
Posts: 14206
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 am
Been Liked: 4522 times
Has Liked: 2011 times
Location: clue is in the title

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby Vegas Claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:59 am

if we can get DD that would be a superb window imho

# 49
ClaretTony
Posts: 31385
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 14162 times
Has Liked: 2770 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby ClaretTony » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:00 am

aggi wrote:We should definitely have signed Billing on this basis.

(I do actually think he would have been a good signing for us, will be interesting to see how he does at Bournemouth in the next couple of years.)


Spice has referred to the lack of interest in Mooy and it was the same with Billing, no one other than Bournemouth.

# 50
ClaretLoup
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:35 pm
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 95 times
Location: Retirement Home in Suffolk

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Postby ClaretLoup » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:02 am

Brilliant quote from new Reading signing Puscas: "I'm so excited - I wanted to come here"

I've been to the Madjeski Stadium a few times but I can honestly say that it has never had that effect on me
the lad needs some bromide in his tea.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony


Return to “The Bee Hole End”