Boris the Bullet Dodger

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: Boris the Bullet Dodger

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Remind you of anybody else, Ringo?
Well let's take a little looky at how Turtles choice have gone on in exercises in democracy.

The 2010 general election- his choice didn't win
The 2014 EU elections - his choice didn't win.
The 2014 Scottish indy referendum- his side didn't win
The 2015 general election- his choice didn't win
The 2016 EU referendum- his choice didn't win
The 2016 USA presidential election - his choice didn't win
The 2017 general election- his choice didn't win.
The 2018 Brazilian presidential election-his choice didn't win.
The 2019 - EU elections - his side didn't win.

In contrast , the 2016 referendum went my way!. I'm the guy who's team won! My beef is with those whose team lost but won't ever accept the result and demand a replay.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:50 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Well let's take a little looky at how Turtles choice have gone on in exercises in democracy.

In contrast , the 2016 referendum went my way!. I'm the guy who's team won! My beef is with those whose team lost but won't ever accept the result and demand a replay.
I think it was this one that really pushed him over the edge.

I truly fear for his state of mind if Trump wins again in 2020.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:53 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Well let's take a little looky at how Turtles choice have gone on in exercises in democracy.

I can't remember how many times i've corrected you on this, but this isn't accurate. But you still keep repeating it.

I feel like that shoudl tell us something about the kind of person you are.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Also, what kind of moron sees this all as a ******* team sport? I think that should tell us about Ringo's tribal mentality and his approach to a subject. If his "team" is for something then he's for it too.

He's just explained that he isn't thinking for himself.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:What guff? Be specific.
You already know what it was, but because Osbourne was Chancellor whatever he uses and claims can be gotten away with, that's been mentioned before on here.

They were all doom mongering and not much has changed for you, me and most on here from what I've seen.

We can chat about companies using Brexit as an excuse for their businesses failing, or moving etc but it's a convenient excuse.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:17 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:You already know what it was, but because Osbourne was Chancellor whatever he uses and claims can be gotten away with, that's been mentioned before on here.

They were all doom mongering and not much has changed for you, me and most on here from what I've seen.

We can chat about companies using Brexit as an excuse for their businesses failing, or moving etc but it's a convenient excuse.

Your refusal to be specific speaks volumes. It implies that you don't want your specific examples to be challenged. Prove me wrong by being specific.

Just one. Pick your absolute strongest example and let's see if it stands up to scrutiny. What i'll do is take up the opposing position to see if i can poke holes in it. If i can't then you have a good point. But if I can? Well. I'm sure you'll change your view.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Your refusal to be specific speaks volumes. It implies that you don't want your specific examples to be challenged. Prove me wrong by being specific.

Just one. Pick your absolute strongest example and let's see if it stands up to scrutiny.
Why should I?

What you want is an argument and another chance to belittle someone, that's all you ever want if we are all honest about your behaviour and quite frankly I'm not interested.
Both sides spouted utter ******** but you're only arsed about what leave said because they won and you didn't want the result.

Diddums, go belittle someone else.
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:22 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Why should I?

What you want is an argument and another chance to belittle someone, that's all you ever want if we are all honest about your behaviour and quite frankly I'm not interested.
Both sides spouted utter ******** but you're only arsed about what leave said because they won and you didn't want the result.

Spot on

In other words: "I'm looking for an argument"

And of course you're right about lies on both sides

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:30 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Why should I?

ffs. :roll:

If you're worried that by making your case you're going to feel belittled by any response to it then you clearly aren't that secure in the merits of your argument.

All i wanted from you was for you to present your best argument. But you refused to present any argument. Instead all you did was try to get me to make your argument for you, which is just pathetic. Do you feel belittled yet? Because this response wouldn't have come if you'd grown a ******* pair and actually put your opinion out there for others to scrutinise.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:32 pm

taio wrote:Spot on

In other words: "I'm looking for an argument"

And of course you're right about lies on both sides

If he thought he was right then he'd not be too chicken-**** to put his opinion up to the light. He made a vague claim when asking me a question. All i wanted was for him to not be vague about his claim in order to answer his question. That's not an unreasonable request.

I can't accept the premise of a question by answering it if he won't even be specific about his premise.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:33 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Imploding Turtle reminds me of a bloke they interviewed on the radio this week.

He was a spokesman for the "Stop Trump" campaign. He was speaking at the demo in trafalgar square,
And that is where the similarities end.
Had he been typing on a football message board, with no chance of leaving the house, to put himself in a position that might make any of his points worth listening to, then I might of been reminded of turtle

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:34 pm

Damo wrote:And that is where the similarities end.
Had he been typing on a football message board, with no chance of leaving the house, to put himself in a position that might make any of his points worth listening to, then I might of been reminded of turtle
More personal attacks. Implying that i'm mentally ill too. Or under house arrest? I'm unsure. But it's interesting what people like Damo will use against others.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:More personal attacks. Implying that i'm mentally ill too. Or under house arrest? I'm unsure. But it's interesting what people like Damo will use against others.
I'm not implying you are mentally I'll.
I'm implying you are a virtue signaller

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:If he thought he was right then he'd not be too chicken-**** to put his opinion up to the light. He made a vague claim when asking me a question. All i wanted was for him to not be vague about his claim in order to answer his question. That's not an unreasonable request.

I can't accept the premise of a question by answering it if he won't even be specific about his premise.
What you want is an argument, it's all you ever want, then you can show us all how much research you've done on Brexit, the EU and why leavers are idiots and remainers are really really clever people...

Someone else summed it up succinctly recently about this place, it's like a soap on TV, you can not see it for weeks on end but it's still the same stuff going on when you come back to it

I'm not really asking you any questions, both sides lied and made false statements we can all accept that, or most of us can.
Your life has probably changed very little since the referendum and won't change massively when we leave, assuming a PM can grow a set and take us out of the EU.

Same goes for most on here, very little will change, just like it doesn't when we change ruling parties.
Some people just want things to get worse so they can tell the rest of us how they told us so etc.
These 2 users liked this post: AndyClaret Vino blanco

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:44 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:What you want is an argument, it's all you ever want, then you can show us all how much research you've done on Brexit, the EU and why leavers are idiots and remainers are really really clever people...

Dude. All i wanted was for you to be specific about a question YOU asked ME. Then I could actually answer your ******* question.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Damo wrote:I'm not implying you are mentally I'll.
I'm implying you are a virtue signaller
In that case i hope you didn't make any expression of reverence for those who landed on Normandy because by your logic that makes you a virtue-signaller too.

Literally every expression of opinion is virtue-signalling now, if we're applying your logic.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Damo, two quick questions. Have you ever, in your account's history, called anyone on here a "virtue-signaller" despite agreeing with them, or do you only reserve that type of "name calling" for people you disagree with?

Also, how does calling people a "virtue-signaller" fit in with your opinion that you shouldn't engage in "name calling"? I'm sure you're not a hypocrite so i'm sure you can resolve this inconsistency for me.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:59 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:I think it was this one that really pushed him over the edge.

I truly fear for his state of mind if Trump wins again in 2020.

I think as each and every result as rolled in, you can see a clear correlation with an increase in the frequency of foul and aggressive language he feels he has to use, reflecting the pent up frustration.

Come 2020, I fear we'll here

"********* ******* democracy. I ******** hate it"
Followed by an explosion from deep in the bowels of Turtle Bunker.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:02 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I think as each and every result as rolled in, you can see a clear correlation with an increase in the frequency of foul and aggressive language he feels he has to use, reflecting the pent up frustration.

Come 2020, I fear we'll here

"********* ******* democracy. I ******** hate it"
Followed by an explosion from deep in the bowels of Turtle Bunker.

Fabricating quotes again, eh Ringo?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:25 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Fabricating quotes again, eh Ringo?
The only thing I'm fabricating is a protective barrier to keep my family and I safe, from the debris thrown up by the inevitable eruption that's going to take place, on you hearing the joyous news from Washington some time in 2020

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2013 times
Has Liked: 2913 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 pm

What Protesters against Trump fail to grasp is that the hatred is the lifeblood of populist politics. Creating a them and us situation detracts from having to answer serious questions... we get “fake news” to everything... because so much is put at his door and the witch hunt only adds to their feeling that they are stirring the hornets nest for the good of everyone whether they like it or not.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:41 pm

elwaclaret wrote:What Protesters against Trump fail to grasp is that the hatred is the lifeblood of populist politics. Creating a them and us situation detracts from having to answer serious questions... we get “fake news” to everything... because so much is put at his door and the witch hunt only adds to their feeling that they are stirring the hornets nest for the good of everyone whether they like it or not.
So the solution is...?

Not to mention the stuff he does that isn't right?

Not being funny, but that normalises it.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:46 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:So the solution is...?

Not to mention the stuff he does that isn't right?

Not being funny, but that normalises it.
No if I was in the Democratic Party I’d have a co- ordinator running things to pick the targets... without all the noise it would be harder for him to brush off the more serious accusations. At the moment he can just lump them all together and not answer to anything.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:53 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Damo, two quick questions. Have you ever, in your account's history, called anyone on here a "virtue-signaller" despite agreeing with them, or do you only reserve that type of "name calling" for people you disagree with?

Also, how does calling people a "virtue-signaller" fit in with your opinion that you shouldn't engage in "name calling"? I'm sure you're not a hypocrite so i'm sure you can resolve this inconsistency for me.
No. I dont think I've ever called anyone a virtue signaller on here, who doesn't appear to feel strongly about something, without actively doing something about it.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:02 pm

elwaclaret wrote:No if I was in the Democratic Party I’d have a co- ordinator running things to pick the targets... without all the noise it would be harder for him to brush off the more serious accusations. At the moment he can just lump them all together and not answer to anything.
In the space of 24 hours, he's told reporters (with the sound of protestors audible in the background) that they are here to praise him and sat down with the Irish PM and told him that the wall will solve the problems in Ireland.

I mean, and thats just in 24 hours.

The guy is complete fruit loop, and I get the hilarity of how annoyed we all our from his supporters, but I'm assuming that annoying IT to score points doesn't change the fact that he's a dangerous loon who shouldn't be anywhere near the White House surely?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:In the space of 24 hours, he's told reporters (with the sound of protestors audible in the background) that they are here to praise him and sat down with the Irish PM and told him that the wall will solve the problems in Ireland.

I mean, and thats just in 24 hours.

The guy is complete fruit loop, and I get the hilarity of how annoyed we all our from his supporters, but I'm assuming that annoying IT to score points doesn't change the fact that he's a dangerous loon who shouldn't be anywhere near the White House surely?
Sad reflection of how disillusioned people are that populism is king at the moment... too long of career politicians with no experience of life in the real world making the decisions. Did you hear Hunt the other day completely denying there was poverty in Britain, more scary he believed what he said.

To say Trump is dangerous is an understatement but until the US decides otherwise we’re not in the game, anything we say is re-spun before the voters see it and it ends up just being counter productive, which only hurts us in the long run.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:12 pm

elwaclaret wrote:What Protesters against Trump fail to grasp is that the hatred is the lifeblood of populist politics. Creating a them and us situation detracts from having to answer serious questions... we get “fake news” to everything... because so much is put at his door and the witch hunt only adds to their feeling that they are stirring the hornets nest for the good of everyone whether they like it or not.
At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, it is "us" versus "them". The "us" being those who think that hatred, victimising immigrants, locking people in concentration camps, calling for violence against journalists/protesters/suspected criminals, wanting to murder innocent families based on the crimes of their relatives, brazen corruption, and violating the most fundamental principles of western democracy is a bad thing, and the "them" being the people who don't have a problem with all that because they like that Trump and his party hates the same people they hate.

They can **** off, and so can anyone who thinks, "oh, but you should listen to their ideas because ignoring them makes then angry and more extreme". We listened already, we then made our arguments against Trump, and they still got more extreme.

Every step of the way with this guy the "us" have been proven right. Continuing to choose to listen to them while they continue to refuse to listen to us is called appeasement. Continuing to give ground on fundamental liberties over and over is called appeasement. Continuing to allow democracy to be undermined, and for laws to be broken, because enforcing the law and defending democracy will only anger them further is appeasement. And shutting the **** up about all of this because talking about it only makes them more angry is appeasement. **** appeasement.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Damo wrote:No. I dont think I've ever called anyone a virtue signaller on here, who doesn't appear to feel strongly about something, without actively doing something about it.
At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, spreading information to people who might otherwise be ignorant of what is going on IS actively doing something.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:20 pm

I wouldn’t consider myself an appeaser, but then again I wouldn’t would I. I just chose to pick fights I have a chance of winning. If you think Trump cares what the British people think of him I congratulate you on being more patriotic than me.

America chooses the American President.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:27 pm

elwaclaret wrote:I wouldn’t consider myself an appeaser, but then again I wouldn’t would I. I just chose to pick fights I have a chance of winning. If you think Trump cares what the British people think of him I congratulate you on being more patriotic than me.

America chooses the American President.
At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, it's got **** all to do with patriotism. I've not no ******* clue how you managed to imagine it was.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:20 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:More personal attacks. Implying that i'm mentally ill too. Or under house arrest? I'm unsure. But it's interesting what people like Damo will use against others.
Didn't you once suggest I had a neurodegenerative brain disorder?

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25 am

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Didn't you once suggest I had a neurodegenerative brain disorder?
He certainly uses at least one term of physical disability as an insult. One of those insults that was common forty-fifty years ago but in a more enlightened society is taboo. So no reason why mental illness wouldn't be "fair game" too.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 am

I see Boris is advocating giving the wealthiest in society the biggest tax cuts.

And why give pensioners the best deals when they are by far the wealthiest in society?

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:56 am

Spijed wrote:I see Boris is advocating giving the wealthiest in society the biggest tax cuts.

And why give pensioners the best deals when they are by far the wealthiest in society?
At least NI goes up to £80k too so only a pay rise of £2400 and of course for the retired who have that much a nice bonus of £6000.
Metaphorically he needs a bullet that he cannot dodge
We need to get the wage structure of the lower paid to a level where Government hand outs for those in full time work disappear
before addressing the inequities of the tax system for the higher earners and also to address those pension changes that are causing havoc in the NHS
and maybe in other schemes

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:38 am

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Didn't you once suggest I had a neurodegenerative brain disorder?
At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, no I did not, and you ******* know it. I suggested that you should see your doctor because of your rapid and significant personality change as that can be a symptom of a serious problem. I wasn't making fun of you. I wasn't using any kind of condition against you. But people still got outraged by it when all i said was that it's probably nothing but still at least worth getting it checked out the next time you go for a check up.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:40 am

dsr wrote:He certainly uses at least one term of physical disability as an insult. One of those insults that was common forty-fifty years ago but in a more enlightened society is taboo. So no reason why mental illness wouldn't be "fair game" too.
At the risk of being called a virtue-signaller by Damo, what the **** are you talking about?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:16 pm

Special needs was his choice name call last week

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, no I did not, and you ******* know it. I suggested that you should see your doctor because of your rapid and significant personality change as that can be a symptom of a serious problem. I wasn't making fun of you. I wasn't using any kind of condition against you. But people still got outraged by it when all i said was that it's probably nothing but still at least worth getting it checked out the next time you go for a check up.
Pretty much exactly what I said.

I don't get upset or offended by words on the internet so crack on mate, doesn't bother me I was just pointing out the irony.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:40 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Pretty much exactly what I said.

I don't get upset or offended by words on the internet so crack on mate, doesn't bother me I was just pointing out the irony.
At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, i only suggested you see a doctor. I then explained why - the "why" being your personality change. There are a lot of reasons why someone's personality might change as much as yours, so your accusation (and it was an accusation) that i suggested that you had a specific type of illness is bullshit.

I still think you should see a doctor about it, just in case. But i don't really care either way.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:54 am

Telling everyone on here that you care about Moffits mental health, when you actually couldn't care less is Virtue Signalling

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10256 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 am

Damo wrote:And that is where the similarities end.

The irony.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Damo wrote:Telling everyone on here that you care about Moffits mental health, when you actually couldn't care less is Virtue Signalling
Nobody cares about my feelings :(

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:28 pm

Damo wrote:Telling everyone on here that you care about Moffits mental health, when you actually couldn't care less is Virtue Signalling
He can’t claim he wasn’t aware of the risk of this happening.
This user liked this post: Damo

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 am

At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by a moron, how could you possibly know that I don't care about his mental health? Could it perhaps be because I ******* said I don't care? If you think i'm virtue-signalling by pretending that I cared about his mental health then don't you think by straight up admitting that I don't give a **** disproves the idea that I'm virtue-signalling fake concern?

Or has "virtue-signalling" come to also mean claiming not to give a **** about someone's mental health? Therefore virtue-signalling now means the exact opposite of virtue-signalling.

"I care about your mental health" = virtue-signalling
"I don't care about your mental health" = virtue-signalling

Everything, literally everything, in the mind of a complete moron, can be viewed as virtue-signalling.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:32 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Everything, literally everything, in the mind of a complete moron, can be viewed as virtue-signalling.
Which I suppose is why you suggest that all your recent posts as virtue-signalling. :roll:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:35 am

dsr wrote:Which I suppose is why you suggest that all your recent posts as virtue-signalling. :roll:
At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, that's not what i'm doing. I'm not suggesting that any my posts are virtue-signalling. I'm suggesting that someone who thinks every expression of opinion is virtue-signalling can accuse me of virtue-signalling for expressing my opinion.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, that's not what i'm doing. I'm not suggesting that any my posts are virtue-signalling.
Oh yes you are. If you start off a post by saying it could look like virtue signalling, then obviously you put in the mind of the reader that it could be virtue signalling.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 am

dsr wrote:Oh yes you are. If you start off a post by saying it could look like virtue signalling, then obviously you put in the mind of the reader that it could be virtue signalling.
At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, i'm not starting off any posts saying it could look like virtue-signalling. I'm saying that Damo could accuse me of virtue-signalling.

When someone can accuse you of virtue-signalling based on nothing more than the fact that you are expressing an opinion on something, then everything becomes open to accusation of virtue-signalling. That is why i'm acknowledging the risk of Damo's accusations in every post this week.

Here, maybe this will help you understand. If i started every post with "At the risk of being accused of murder..." would you be under the impression that I think my post could possibly look like murder to a reasonable mind? Using your logic the answer to that would be "yes".

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:05 am

Heel clicking Boris about to give his press conference.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:10 am

Lots of Conservative MPs there.

More evidence (if you needed it) that the Conservative Party unity is more important than the country.