Eden Hazard parting words to Chelsea fans

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Eden Hazard parting words to Chelsea fans

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:24 pm

Saw this earlier. Great words from a seemingly humble and undoubtedly talented player. Not that you go to watch the opposition, but could never do nothing but admire how good this guy was when he played against us. And just shows how good we have done as a club to be competing with players of his talent!

---

To my Chelsea friends and family,

You now know that I will be joining Real Madrid. It’s no secret that it was my dream to play for them since I was a young boy just scoring my first goal. I have tried my very best not to distract myself or the team through this difficult period of speculation and media attention, especially the last 6 months.

Now the Clubs have reached an agreement I hope you understand I had to pursue my next chapter, just as each and every one of you should when you have the chance to pursue your dreams. Leaving Chelsea is the biggest and toughest decision in my career to date. Now it’s in the open I would like to put on record one thing was always clear to me, I have loved every moment at Chelsea and not once did I ever consider, nor would I have left for any other Club.

I was only 21 when I joined, so I have grown up as a man and a player with all of you, you have helped me become Captain of the Belgium National team after all. There have of course been tough times, for the team as a whole and for me personally, this is professional football. However, football to me is about having a ball at my feet, playing games and enjoying every moment, we are lucky to play the beautiful game and this is always my advice to those who ask for a coaching tip! Play football and have fun!

Even when we were not playing well, I tried to do my best and this has been thanks to your amazing support. That fighting spirit, desire and the refusal to ever give up is part of the culture here at Chelsea and it comes directly from you.

When I think back over my special moments in a Chelsea shirt, there are so many, we are lucky to win many more games than we have lost. Those who know me understand it is not me to list what I have won, all I can say is each and every award both as a team and as an individual have been incredible. One day I will be able to sit down over a beer and talk about or laugh with pride about my missed penalty that set up my header to win the league against Palace, or those goals against Tottenham, Arsenal or Liverpool.

The memories are so vivid because of the atmosphere and occasion you create, I hope you always remember them with pride, as I do. Whether it’s on tour in the USA, or at Sunderland on a Tuesday night, in Russia on a Thursday, or of course EVERY game at The Bridge – you’ve always supported me and encouraged me to play football and be me – Like I have enjoyed myself I hope you have enjoyed yourselves, I am only sorry not leave with a defending award amongst my honours!

We have many great players and my proudest moments were always as part of the team. We’ve won the FA Cup, League Cups, Europa Leagues and Premier Leagues all as a family. Each one so special in its own way and of course the game in Baku a couple of weeks ago is the perfect way to sign off from a long tough season after the World Cup.

Chelsea and especially Chelsea fans will always be special to me and next season I will look for your results first. I hope that we are drawn against each other in the Champions League next season and every season so we can meet again.

Before I go, one last thank you to everyone at the Club for their tremendous effort as we lived through every moment. To all of my ex-Colleagues we will say our goodbyes at the right time but I must thank the owner Mr Abramovich and his board for helping me realise not one, but two dreams, my first in becoming a Chelsea player and today my second, becoming a player at Real Madrid.

I wish each and every one of you the very best my friends.

Eden

Garnerssoap
Been Liked: 392 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Re: Eden Hazard parting words to Chelsea fans

Post by Garnerssoap » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:45 pm

Foreign mercenary.good riddance. Roll on Brexit. **** off

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:53 pm

What a tart

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:03 am

Did he not mention us being anti-football?
Fanny.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:39 am

Is that his statement or one written and posted by someone else on his behalf?

BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Post by BFCmaj » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:41 am

As if he wrote that himself.

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:16 am

His agency probably wrote that he probably added eden at the bottom..great player though..

MDWat
Been Liked: 872 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:24 am

Sounds pretty genuine and certainly reads as if it comes from Hazard himself.

An unbelievable footballer. Shame he had to play for Chelsea, whose fans don’t deserve him.

That 20 minute spell at the Turf in 2017/18 will live in the memory; he was unplayable when he came on that night.

I won’t miss us having to defend against him, but I will miss him being in the Premier League. Top class.
These 3 users liked this post: Burnley Ace cricketfieldclarets CoolClaret

Rouwens_Weapon
Been Liked: 101 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Rouwens_Weapon » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:41 am

I'm glad hes going! Wonderful player but Chelsea will be buggered without him! Good!

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:56 am

Garnerssoap wrote:Foreign mercenary.good riddance. Roll on Brexit. **** off
So by that reasoning you want every European footballer playing in English football to leave?

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:25 am

I for one will miss watching his wonderful talent next season. Fantastic player.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:27 am

I stopped reading after "To my Chelsea friends"

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6721 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:56 am

Fake news, he actually called them a bunch of plastics who think Abramovich invented football. Burnley's support on that Monday night shamed you and made me realise what true support is all about I'd sign for them if I could be guaranteed first team football which I am at Madrid. FACT.
These 2 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret Bosscat

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:01 am

What a loss to the premier league.

Yes I want Burnley to win every game we play, but fundamentally I love football and watching quality players that make me go ”wow”

Yep, I’ve even clapped opposition goals against us. I love football.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:08 am

Yes, I also find myself applauding any passage of play that deserves it, just enjoy it even more when it comes from Burnley. Football is a beautiful game.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:50 am

Chelsea will struggle without him.In games where they were second best he pulled them together with some class goals and precise assists
Probably the best single talent ever to play for Chelsea and he will be missed by me watching tv games that dont involve playing againgst us

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6721 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:22 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:Chelsea will struggle without him.In games where they were second best he pulled them together with some class goals and precise assists
Probably the best single talent ever to play for Chelsea and he will be missed by me watching tv games that dont involve playing againgst us
Spot on.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:05 am

A long statement by Eden Hazard - took longer to read that it took Hazard to score many of his goals.

Looking forward to when Burnley are facing him again v Real Madrid. ;)

UTC

ecc
Been Liked: 1394 times
Has Liked: 1272 times

Post by ecc » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:08 am

An excellent player. Yes. No doubt about that.

Humility and Hazard are not often found together in the same room.

Jeremy_Bentham
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 78 times

Post by Jeremy_Bentham » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:10 am

Steve1956 wrote:I stopped reading after "To my Chelsea friends"
. thinks Steve read every word.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:30 am

MDWat wrote:Sounds pretty genuine and certainly reads as if it comes from Hazard himself.

An unbelievable footballer. Shame he had to play for Chelsea, whose fans don’t deserve him.

That 20 minute spell at the Turf in 2017/18 will live in the memory; he was unplayable when he came on that night.

I won’t miss us having to defend against him, but I will miss him being in the Premier League. Top class.
Unplayable and contributed 0, zilch, nothing, naff all infront of goal. A great dribbler and crowd pleaser he may be, his output is remarkably average for one with such obvious talent.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:33 am

KRBFC wrote:Unplayable and contributed 0, zilch, nothing, naff all infront of goal. A great dribbler and crowd pleaser he may be, his output is remarkably average for one with such obvious talent.
:roll:
Nobody can be even f-ucked proving you are wrong these days...go away eh

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:43 am

TVC15 wrote::roll:
Nobody can be even f-ucked proving you are wrong these days...go away eh
Do you need to prove me wrong? just my opinion, tremendous talent and brilliant to watch at his best, with the ability he has, he should provide more imo.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:51 am

Wonderful footballer who will be a huge loss to the Premier League.

MDWat has mentioned that cameo on the Turf in 2017/18 when he just took over. They should have thrown another ball on for the rest of them.

And then there was the opening period in the recent 2-2 draw against us when he played on that left hand side right in front of the Burnley fans.

Chelsea will be a much poorer side next season without him and if they get nowhere with their CAS appeal they won’t even be able to try and replace him.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:56 am

ClaretTony wrote:Wonderful footballer who will be a huge loss to the Premier League.

MDWat has mentioned that cameo on the Turf in 2017/18 when he just took over. They should have thrown another ball on for the rest of them.

And then there was the opening period in the recent 2-2 draw against us when he played on that left hand side right in front of the Burnley fans.

Chelsea will be a much poorer side next season without him and if they get nowhere with their CAS appeal they won’t even be able to try and replace him.
They signed Pulisic from Dortmund to replace him I assume.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:56 am

KRBFC wrote:Unplayable and contributed 0, zilch, nothing, naff all infront of goal. A great dribbler and crowd pleaser he may be, his output is remarkably average for one with such obvious talent.
Sometimes I agree with a lot of what you say. I know many others dont. But thats just nonsense.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:04 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Sometimes I agree with a lot of what you say. I know many others dont. But thats just nonsense.
prior to last season, he had 12 assists in 3 years and only 32 goals. I'd expect much more from a player with the ability he has.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:05 pm

I agree with what you’re getting at here.

People regard Hazard as some “World Class” amazingly talented player. Yet will regard Raheem Sterling as “Overrated”. When in fact Sterling has out performs him almost every season.

I would say though that since Messi/Ronaldo have been around they’ve made lesser players look even poorer stat wise than they actually are.

Eg, Would the likes of Figo, Raul, Totti, Rui Costa, Del Piero etc be classed as “World class” nowadays? I think not.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Dyched wrote:I agree with what you’re getting at here.

People regard Hazard as some “World Class” amazingly talented player. Yet will regard Raheem Sterling as “Overrated”. When in fact Sterling has out performs him almost every season.

I would say though that since Messi/Ronaldo have been around they’ve made lesser players look even poorer stat wise than they actually are.

Eg, Would the likes of Figo, Raul, Totti, Rui Costa, Del Piero etc be classed as “World class” nowadays? I think not.
Yeah in my mind, i'm comparing Hazard to Ronaldo/Messi and statistically, its not even a close comparison. You are probably right about Ronaldo and Messi, I just think Hazard should be up there with them with the talent he has but really he's not even close.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:09 pm

. wrote:. thinks Steve read every word.
Believe me mate I didnt,did I miss anything?

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Dyched wrote:I agree with what you’re getting at here.

Sterling perhaps has it easier given the team he plays for but I’d never regard him as overrated. Sterling is getting better and better. The frightening thing is he’s still only 24. If he continues the way he has he is going to be right up there with the best.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:16 pm

I don't know why he's left the best league in the world to join a really poor Madrid side on the decline, in a league that has also declined in quality imo.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:12 pm

KRBFC wrote:prior to last season, he had 12 assists in 3 years and only 32 goals. I'd expect much more from a player with the ability he has.
Why have you missed out last season ?
And the World Cup ?
And the fact he won the Europa league final for Chelsea ?
There is also the season a few years ago that you included when he was injured and also downed tools with the rest of the team to get Mourinho fired...you include that season in your stats but not the good season he had before or last season. That is the problem when you try and be clever and you ain’t that clever !

Nobody is comparing him to Messi or Ronaldo - there stats will never be beaten.

I don’t think it’s fair to even make a comparison with Sterling’s stats - Sterling has had a brilliant couple of seasons but I don’t think Sterling could do what Hazard does in carrying Chelsea whereas I am sure Hazard would have similar or better stats as Sterling playing in that City team. Look at their comparable statistics for England and Belgium where Sterling has to play with a lower quality of player than he does for City whereas Hazard is the main man and captain for Belgium.

He’ll be a big loss to the Premier League. Assists and goals are obviously important statistics but Hazard does so much more - his hold up play is incredible and there are many times where you can’t get the ball off him and he is surrounded by 3 or 4 players which means other players are free...might not go down directly as an assist but Hazard is the player who has created the situation and opening.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:23 pm

If you love football, if you love wingplay, Eden Hazard will be missed.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:12 pm

TVC15 wrote:Why have you missed out last season ?
And the World Cup ?
And the fact he won the Europa league final for Chelsea ?
There is also the season a few years ago that you included when he was injured and also downed tools with the rest of the team to get Mourinho fired...you include that season in your stats but not the good season he had before or last season. That is the problem when you try and be clever and you ain’t that clever !

Nobody is comparing him to Messi or Ronaldo - there stats will never be beaten.
Nobody gives a sh*t about the Europa League. I used the previous 3 years before last season because it's possible for someone to have a stand out season, 3 years is being quite fair, I didn't wanna include the really early stages of his Chelsea career. World class players are world class every year, not just for 6 months so I don't see an issue with looking at his stats over 3 years. I'm not sure you can blame injury when he made 31, 36 & 34 league appearances.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:16 pm

One of my favourite players to watch.
He'll absolutely run riot in La Liga next season!

Class

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:01 pm

KRBFC wrote:Nobody gives a sh*t about the Europa League. I used the previous 3 years before last season because it's possible for someone to have a stand out season, 3 years is being quite fair, I didn't wanna include the really early stages of his Chelsea career. World class players are world class every year, not just for 6 months so I don't see an issue with looking at his stats over 3 years. I'm not sure you can blame injury when he made 31, 36 & 34 league appearances.
He had one bad season out of the last 4 you idiot - and that’s the season the whole team downed tools to get rid of the manager. I mentioned that season cos it’s the only one he had poor stats

“World class players are world class every year”
....that statement pretty much sums up how dumb you are.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:08 pm

TVC15 wrote:He had one bad season out of the last 4 you idiot - and that’s the season the whole team downed tools to get rid of the manager. I mentioned that season cos it’s the only one he had poor stats

“World class players are world class every year”
....that statement pretty much sums up how dumb you are.
Why are you getting abusive over my opinion? getting all defensive for no apparent reason

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:19 pm

KRBFC wrote:Why are you getting abusive over my opinion? getting all defensive for no apparent reason
Think it might be cos you talk sh-ite.
Sorry :shock: