Brian Jensen is head coach

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Brian Jensen is head coach

Post by claretblue » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:31 pm

of the Lancashire Regional Talent Centre based at the Accrington Academy!
Teams ranging from Under-11s to Under-16s

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/s ... cs-talent/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Lancashire RTC are having a trial on Saturday, June 8.
Anyone wishing to attend should contact the centre via email, at lancashirertc@junior-premier.co.uk.

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Re: Brian Jensen is head coach

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Crazy that they’re advertising trials a day before they are being held :lol:

Leyland Claret
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Leyland Claret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:14 am

Looked at this for my lad then found out the cost!
£120 upfront for kit etc
£55 per month
Ridiculous cost

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5004 times
Has Liked: 6722 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:59 am

Leyland Claret wrote:Looked at this for my lad then found out the cost!
£120 upfront for kit etc
£55 per month
Ridiculous cost
It's because we didn't grant him a testimonial.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1091 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:04 am

bfcjg wrote:It's because we didn't grant him a testimonial.
I think we did grant him a testimonial, but he just couldn’t be bothered organising it?

Hipper
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:05 am

What would be a fair price then.

I presume they have to pay for facilities, coaches etc. (or is Jensen et al doing this for nothing)?

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:23 am

£120 upfront for kit etc
£55 per month
Ridiculous cost
Then another £100+ for the training kit immediately.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32242 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:33 pm

RammyClaret61 wrote:I think we did grant him a testimonial, but he just couldn’t be bothered organising it?
We did grant him one but it’s unlawful then for the club or anyone at the club to involve themselves with it.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:35 pm

£120 upfront for kit etc
£55 per month
Ridiculous cost
Outrageous

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:45 pm

£120 upfront for kit etc
£55 per month
Ridiculous cost
More and more of this kind of crap going on. Parents are being used as cash cows. Our local club are advertising something that's linked with Real Madrid that's about £300 for a week. Beyond a joke.

You can't just go onto the fields with your mates anymore. Parents end up paying £100 plus a month for activities that were free (or at least nominal fee) about ten/twenty years ago.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:56 pm

These things are not trials at all theyre money making "hoovering up" exercises. No club would EVER charge you for a bona fida trial/tryout/training. These things work by hoping to find the odd player and bring him through but it's no way to go about it. Most local clubs have these very very tenious links with the likes of Barca/Real/Ajax etc etc where you pay a few 000 for a shirt and a couple of days general coachung. If you do well you get invited to another "trial" type thing (which you pay for again) then the best anyone will ever get is a handshake and a "we'll keep an eye on you" Though scouts are invited to these but not sure what incentives are offered.Occasionally a couple will be asked along to a developemt centre.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:22 pm

It’s a hell of a lot of money to be coached to do this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ybyUsZDDzCE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Alargeclaret above is correct. You have to realise it's actually a business venture and it's principally about making money. These kind of ventures like to get ex pros with a bit of a name involved if they can as it catches the eye of parents with dilussions of grandeur re their kids and gives the whole thing an air of leading somewhere. That's why they charge for anything and everything and in many cases every single "trialist" passes the benchmark and is invited to join the group, no matter what their standard. As said they will also invite scouts from clubs, but not clubs you've probably heard of and scouts who probably already know someone working there so they do it as a bit of a favour. Those scouts are basically going through the motions and just shaking a few hands. There's loads of such businesses and a few years ago they were called "The Bobby Charlton Soccer School" or similar. The terminology has moved on, but the business plan is essentially the same. Suck in gullible parents and kids who have dreams they can make it into league football and charge them for "coaching" when all the time if your child really had it, they'd already be with a proper club. Places such as Barrowford Celtic, Rishton Utd and Great Harwood Rovers for example probably do a miles better job and aren't in it to make a profit either.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:13 pm

Not sure if my post was deleted or I forgot to send... so delete if appropriate.

Burnley College has been running a soccer school with pro coaching (presumably headed by Gerry Harrison) and scouts from clubs a couple of times since May, I don’t know but assumed it to be a community based initiative.

To be honest I’d just assumed Burnley’s involvement in that one.

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Outrageous cost to much of this going around these days..

Bdc
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Bdc » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:57 pm

I asked Beast if the costs above were correct and he blocked me on twitter for it! Must have something to hide!

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:40 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Not sure if my post was deleted or I forgot to send... so delete if appropriate.

Burnley College has been running a soccer school with pro coaching (presumably headed by Gerry Harrison) and scouts from clubs a couple of times since May, I don’t know but assumed it to be a community based initiative.

My nephew used to go down - it’s brilliant and really well run when the numbers are right there.

£5? A session on Monday nights and some great training for young lads. They used to have games now and again with different academy teams but not sure if that’s still the case anymore.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Bdc wrote:I asked Beast if the costs above were correct and he blocked me on twitter for it! Must have something to hide!
They are correct. I dropped an email to them and got their cost sheet back from a guy that runs a business which deals with electronic security and stopping your cards getting money stolen......

The irony :lol:

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:48 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Not sure if my post was deleted or I forgot to send... so delete if appropriate.

A while back I had some dealings with him re his soccer schools via work and Gerry Harrison is actually a really good bloke so I'm no way slagging him off here, BUT it's a business and it's there to make money and provide a livelihood and you have to remember that. It's not necessarily aimed at finding the next big thing, it's aimed at getting as many lads and girls as possible through the doors and getting them paying for coaching (+ kit in some cases). If they enjoy it and are well coached and well looked after then that's great, but if you sign your child up believing it's a path to PL stardom then you're fooling yourself. There's loads of such ventures around and I worry that many parents don't see through it, fall for the buzz words such as "trials" and "scouts" etc and then sign their kids up for the wrong reasons. In all fairness, in my experience Gerry Harrison wasn't doing that as he was simply offering a "soccer school", but some do.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Bdc wrote:I asked Beast if the costs above were correct and he blocked me on twitter for it! Must have something to hide!
Oh dear

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:A while back I had some dealings with him re his soccer schools via work and Gerry Harrison is actually a really good bloke so I'm no way slagging him off here, BUT it's a business and it's there to make money and provide a livelihood and you have to remember that. It's not necessarily aimed at finding the next big thing, it's aimed at getting as many lads and girls as possible through the doors and getting them paying for coaching (+ kit in some cases). If they enjoy it and are well coached and well looked after then that's great, but if you sign your child up believing it's a path to PL stardom then you're fooling yourself. There's loads of such ventures around and I worry that many parents don't see through it, fall for the buzz words such as "trials" and "scouts" etc and then sign their kids up for the wrong reasons. In all fairness, in my experience Gerry Harrison wasn't doing that as he was simply offering a "soccer school", but some do.
I kinda liked that Gerry didn’t offer all that malarkey - he just said it was extra coaching for youngsters to go to and improve their game. No false promises and the kits were about £35 if I remember rightly which is what you’d Pay for a Nike training kit personalised. A few lads used to turn up without the kits on too. It obviously kids want to fit in so will blah you for them.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:A while back I had some dealings with him re his soccer schools via work and Gerry Harrison is actually a really good bloke so I'm no way slagging him off here, BUT it's a business and it's there to make money and provide a livelihood and you have to remember that. It's not necessarily aimed at finding the next big thing, it's aimed at getting as many lads and girls as possible through the doors and getting them paying for coaching (+ kit in some cases). If they enjoy it and are well coached and well looked after then that's great, but if you sign your child up believing it's a path to PL stardom then you're fooling yourself. There's loads of such ventures around and I worry that many parents don't see through it, fall for the buzz words such as "trials" and "scouts" etc and then sign their kids up for the wrong reasons. In all fairness, in my experience Gerry Harrison wasn't doing that as he was simply offering a "soccer school", but some do.
Cheers for that, I was doing some study their and saw the ads but the dates clashed so didn’t take our lad in the end, though I did think I’d keep checking. Thanks for the heads up, not been near the kids game since Junior Clarets
(When I was one) with a grey haired gentleman as manager, whose name I forget.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3844 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:17 pm

As people have pointed out. It's a business.

How much would you expect to pay for a professional football coach?
How much is a golf lesson with the pro?
Cricket pro's in the local leagues charge up to 35 pound an hour for coaching youngsters.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:57 pm

Whats Jensen going to teach kids? How to fall like a sack of spuds? Fake injury when you let a soft goal in,?
This user liked this post: ClaretTony