Another murderer released

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Blackrod
Posts: 4390
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 1074 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Another murderer released

Post by Blackrod » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:02 pm

The Butcher of Worcester. Murdered 3 kids and impaled them. At least they had the decency to let the mother know. The parole board must deem he is not a risk ( probably if he takes his meds) and could really put something useful into society.

Steve1956
Posts: 7480
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2380 times
Has Liked: 1182 times
Location: Fife

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Didn't know of this case,saw it on the news,what that guy did to those kids he should have hung no ifs no buts.....T**t.

DCWat
Posts: 4275
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 am
Been Liked: 1704 times
Has Liked: 1442 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by DCWat » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Monster

Dy1geo
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 112 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Dy1geo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Steve1956 wrote:Didn't know of this case,saw it on the news,what that guy did to those kids he should have hung no ifs no buts.....T**t.


Completely agree what sort of a society are we that let’s a murderer like him free to walk the streets again.

Steve1956
Posts: 7480
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2380 times
Has Liked: 1182 times
Location: Fife

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 pm

Dy1geo wrote:Completely agree what sort of a society are we that let’s a murderer like him free to walk the streets again.

Dogooder's mate this country is full of em!
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5086
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2704 times
Has Liked: 76 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Isn’t this an old story? I’m sure there was a thread on here about it a while ago?

Got to admit, although i’m all for rehabilitation and reform, in his case life really should have meant life.

evensteadiereddie
Posts: 4848
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1472 times
Has Liked: 4420 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Another murderer released

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:40 pm

A different story, same old comments.
These 2 users liked this post: CombatClaret Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Blackrod
Posts: 4390
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 1074 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Blackrod » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Here they come the wet lettuce brigade. He’s done his time you can’t leave people incarcerated forever. This is what we have therapy and counselling for.
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

Steve1956
Posts: 7480
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2380 times
Has Liked: 1182 times
Location: Fife

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Blackrod wrote:Here they come the wet lettuce brigade. He’s done his time you can’t leave people incarcerated forever. This is what we have therapy and counselling for.

When are they releasing Peter Sutcliffe then?

beddie
Posts: 1790
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:10 pm
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by beddie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:52 pm

I do find this case concerning by the fact that he didn't receive a "whole of life sentence".

Steve1956
Posts: 7480
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2380 times
Has Liked: 1182 times
Location: Fife

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:56 pm

beddie wrote:I do find this case concerning by the fact that he didn't receive a "whole of life sentence".

And it should have been 3 life sentence's mate.
These 2 users liked this post: Funkydrummer boatshed bill

Pearcey
Posts: 1332
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:59 pm
Been Liked: 510 times
Has Liked: 565 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Pearcey » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:02 pm

I feel for the victims Mother. It must have stirred up emotions that may have eased over the years. He killed them because he was fed up of the baby crying. I really don’t care if he’s no longer a threat to society. He should’ve died in Prison.

Funkydrummer
Posts: 5213
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Been Liked: 1931 times
Has Liked: 1268 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 pm

Look on the bright side, at least we won't be paying for the b@stard's keep any more !!!!!!!!

AndrewJB
Posts: 2376
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:20 pm
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 571 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:12 pm

What's the opposite of a 'do-gooder'?

bfcmik
Posts: 1930
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:03 pm
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 581 times
Location: Solihull Geriatric Centre

Re: Another murderer released

Post by bfcmik » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 pm

He first became eligible for parole in 1993 and then was up for review every 3 years since. So the decision to release him now, aged 68, has not been unduly rushed. Whether this decision is right or wrong it is in line with UK laws put in place, and reconfirmed by various Parliaments over 60+ years. According to the local MP, "There are strict curfew and tag conditions and he is banned from Worcester, and the area in Andover where Ms Urry lives."

From the HuffPost:
A document from the Parole Board about McGreavy’s case, following a hearing in November 2018, referred to a victim personal statement from the children’s mother.

In it she set out “the devastating effect” the deaths had on her “and still do have”.

But the document said that, following 45 years in custody, McGreavy now “takes full responsibility” for what he did.

It added: “He has developed self-control, as well as a considerable understanding of the problems that he has had and what caused them.

“The psychologist identified a number of factors which make it less likely that Mr McGreavy will re-offend in future.

“These included his improved self-control and the fact that Mr McGreavy has learnt to remain calm in stressful situations. He has also shown himself to be compliant and co-operative with authority, which suggests that he will comply with licence conditions. A network of supportive friends in the community was also identified as a protective factor.”

Announcing the decision of an independent panel at the end of last year, the Parole Board said:

“We can confirm that a panel of the Parole Board has directed the release of David McGreavy following an oral hearing.

Parole Board decisions are solely focused on whether a prisoner would represent a significant risk to the public after release. The panel will have carefully looked at a whole range of evidence, including details of the original evidence and any evidence of behaviour change. We do that with great care and public safety is our number one priority.”

Parole Board release decisions are sent to the Ministry of Justice, which arranges the physical release of prisoners.

Dy1geo
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 112 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Dy1geo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:17 pm

AndrewJB wrote:What's the opposite of a 'do-gooder'?


Probably a “do-badder” and quite frankly a scumbag like him due to the fact that we don’t have the death penalty should get horrendous treatment every day of his life.

I honestly can’t see how anyone can defend the likes of him walking free to enjoy life, a privilege he took away from those children.
These 2 users liked this post: Steve1956 boatshed bill

randomclaret2
Posts: 3196
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm
Been Liked: 1538 times
Has Liked: 2160 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:22 pm

How can a murderer who has been in prison for 46 years have " a network of supportive friends in the community " ?

Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20121
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5479 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:25 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:How can a murderer who has been in prison for 46 years have " a network of supportive friends in the community " ?


At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, other inmates who are reformed and have since been released is a possibility.

bfcjg
Posts: 5080
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 1896 times
Has Liked: 1878 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by bfcjg » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Evil personified, how can any society justify his release. He should have been hung.

Spijed
Posts: 10241
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1812 times
Has Liked: 817 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Spijed » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:54 pm

This is what you need in these situations:

https://tinyurl.com/yyoxmfbw

https://tinyurl.com/y66tgqf7

Burnley Ace
Posts: 1232
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Been Liked: 253 times
Has Liked: 1241 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Burnley Ace » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 pm

We should have a Referendum on bringing back hanging.

bfcjg
Posts: 5080
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 1896 times
Has Liked: 1878 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by bfcjg » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:We should have a Referendum on bringing back hanging.

Necksit. :D
These 2 users liked this post: Imploding Turtle DCWat

Rileybobs
Posts: 6204
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2682 times
Has Liked: 610 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:02 pm

bfcjg wrote:Evil personified, how can any society justify his release. He should have been hung.


How can any society justify hanging someone to death?
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Spijed
Posts: 10241
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1812 times
Has Liked: 817 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Spijed » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:04 pm

bfcjg wrote:Evil personified, how can any society justify his release. He should have been hung.


Hanged not hung!
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

tim_noone
Posts: 11511
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2992 times
Has Liked: 10558 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by tim_noone » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 pm

bfcjg wrote:Evil personified, how can any society justify his release. He should have been hung.

Drawn and quartered!

boatshed bill
Posts: 4971
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:47 am
Been Liked: 1059 times
Has Liked: 2363 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Rileybobs wrote:How can any society justify hanging someone to death?


Could just give the c""t a lethal injection instead.

evensteadiereddie
Posts: 4848
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1472 times
Has Liked: 4420 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Another murderer released

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:18 pm

Told you !

dsr
Posts: 8843
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 2668 times
Has Liked: 1143 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by dsr » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:22 pm

bfcmik wrote:He first became eligible for parole in 1993 and then was up for review every 3 years since. So the decision to release him now, aged 68, has not been unduly rushed. Whether this decision is right or wrong it is in line with UK laws put in place, and reconfirmed by various Parliaments over 60+ years. According to the local MP, "There are strict curfew and tag conditions and he is banned from Worcester, and the area in Andover where Ms Urry lives."

From the HuffPost:
A document from the Parole Board about McGreavy’s case, following a hearing in November 2018, referred to a victim personal statement from the children’s mother.

In it she set out “the devastating effect” the deaths had on her “and still do have”.

But the document said that, following 45 years in custody, McGreavy now “takes full responsibility” for what he did.

It added: “He has developed self-control, as well as a considerable understanding of the problems that he has had and what caused them.

The psychologist identified a number of factors which make it less likely that Mr McGreavy will re-offend in future.

“These included his improved self-control and the fact that Mr McGreavy has learnt to remain calm in stressful situations. He has also shown himself to be compliant and co-operative with authority, which suggests that he will comply with licence conditions. A network of supportive friends in the community was also identified as a protective factor.”

Announcing the decision of an independent panel at the end of last year, the Parole Board said:

“We can confirm that a panel of the Parole Board has directed the release of David McGreavy following an oral hearing.

Parole Board decisions are solely focused on whether a prisoner would represent a significant risk to the public after release. The panel will have carefully looked at a whole range of evidence, including details of the original evidence and any evidence of behaviour change. We do that with great care and public safety is our number one priority.”

Parole Board release decisions are sent to the Ministry of Justice, which arranges the physical release of prisoners.

The highlighted part is the problem. The parole board has considered that if they let him out, he probably won't kill any more children. They don't say he won't - they say he is less likely to.

And you can be sure of one thing - whatever he has learned in theory, he has not learned in practice how to remain calm when a baby is crying.

Blackrod
Posts: 4390
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 1074 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Blackrod » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:26 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:How can a murderer who has been in prison for 46 years have " a network of supportive friends in the community " ?


Sick b*stards and the mentally twisted like ‘Lord’ Longford was to the evil Hindley.

Blackrod
Posts: 4390
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 1074 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Blackrod » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:28 pm

A sane person would not be able to live with themself having done such a heanous crime and would probably take their own life.

Pimlico_Claret
Posts: 976
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:08 am
Been Liked: 463 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:Look on the bright side, at least we won't be paying for the b@stard's keep any more !!!!!!!!

Course not cos he'll be walking out into a well paid job to contribute to the tax system and accommodation he's paid for himself. Give your head a shake pal.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

claret2018
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by claret2018 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Ex-offenders are eligible for free TV licences for up to 36 months after release too.

Colburn_Claret
Posts: 3770
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:30 pm
Been Liked: 1444 times
Has Liked: 2094 times
Location: Catterick N.Yorks

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:16 am

The price we pay for being run by intellectuals, rather than people with common sense.

bfcmik
Posts: 1930
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:03 pm
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 581 times
Location: Solihull Geriatric Centre

Re: Another murderer released

Post by bfcmik » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:16 am

claret2018 wrote:Ex-offenders are eligible for free TV licences for up to 36 months after release too.

Unless they are over 75 I presume

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:17 pm
Been Liked: 226 times
Has Liked: 13 times
Location: Blackburn

Re: Another murderer released

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:22 am

Isn’t it ironic that the people who want to bring back hanging are usually of the opinion that Islam has failed to integrate because of its barbaric laws and practices :?
These 4 users liked this post: Burnley Ace Swizzlestick Greenmile Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Suratclaret
Posts: 768
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:27 am
Been Liked: 167 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Suratclaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:47 am

claret2018 wrote:Ex-offenders are eligible for free TV licences for up to 36 months after release too.

Where did you get that from?

Hapag Lloyd
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:24 am
Been Liked: 101 times
Has Liked: 91 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:04 am

Rileybobs wrote:How can any society justify hanging someone to death?


Quite easily when you look at the crimes he’s committed.

NottsClaret
Posts: 1872
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:05 am
Been Liked: 1588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Another murderer released

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 am

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:Isn’t it ironic that the people who want to bring back hanging are usually of the opinion that Islam has failed to integrate because of its barbaric laws and practices :?


Gets more obvious every day. No tolerance for the gays, control your women, bizarre or cruel punishments, anti abortion.. in fact if these Islamists weren’t, you know, mostly brown people they’d be wonderful bed fellows for the far right. Not that they’d go in for any of that sort of thing you understand.
These 4 users liked this post: Swizzlestick Greenmile Claret-On-A-T-Rex UpTheClaretsFCBK

fatboy47
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:58 am
Been Liked: 974 times
Has Liked: 857 times
Location: Isles of Scilly

Re: Another murderer released

Post by fatboy47 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 am

Revenge! Revenge!

30 odd posts...like reading the dribblings of a horde of savages......
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Woodleyclaret
Posts: 2815
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:25 pm
Been Liked: 570 times
Has Liked: 639 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Woodleyclaret » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:21 am

Its now been acknowledged that the haste to abolish the death penalty was probably an error.
Certain crimes needed to have the ultimate deterrent .
Murder and mutilation.terrorist bombings all fall into that category

martin_p
Posts: 5465
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 1874 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by martin_p » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:59 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:Its now been acknowledged that the haste to abolish the death penalty was probably an error.


Has it? By who?
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Swizzlestick
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:40 pm
Been Liked: 158 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:08 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:Its now been acknowledged that the haste to abolish the death penalty was probably an error.


Acknowledged by...you?
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

willsclarets
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:06 am
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by willsclarets » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:38 am

I wouldn't worry about a TV licence, it costs £23,000 a year to keep your average criminal in jail. That's not an argument for his release by the way, just worth mentioning.

I don't know why, but I'm always surprised by the mentality of folk on here when it comes to the justice system. The state has no right to murder a citizen regardless of their crime, it completely contradicts the values we aspire to and that the state tries to uphold, in a civilised society.

As for his release, you haven't been privvy to his behaviour, rehabilitation and development as a human being for the last few decades. Why or how do you feel so confident in your assessment he should rot in jail? What he did was absolutely abhorrent, cruel and disgusting. But I like to think, merely as principle, that we want to live in a where change is possible and someone can in some small way begin to repay the huge debt they owe. Killing them rarely brings any satisfaction to victim's families even if it satisfies your thirst for more blood.

willsclarets
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:06 am
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by willsclarets » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:45 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:Its now been acknowledged that the haste to abolish the death penalty was probably an error.
Certain crimes needed to have the ultimate deterrent .
Murder and mutilation.terrorist bombings all fall into that category


Clearly proven it's not a deterrent.
These 2 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Dy1geo
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 112 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Dy1geo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 am

willsclarets wrote:I wouldn't worry about a TV licence, it costs £23,000 a year to keep your average criminal in jail. That's not an argument for his release by the way, just worth mentioning.

I don't know why, but I'm always surprised by the mentality of folk on here when it comes to the justice system. The state has no right to murder a citizen regardless of their crime, it completely contradicts the values we aspire to and that the state tries to uphold, in a civilised society.

As for his release, you haven't been privvy to his behaviour, rehabilitation and development as a human being for the last few decades. Why or how do you feel so confident in your assessment he should rot in jail? What he did was absolutely abhorrent, cruel and disgusting. But I like to think, merely as principle, that we want to live in a where change is possible and someone can in some small way begin to repay the huge debt they owe. Killing them rarely brings any satisfaction to victim's families even if it satisfies your thirst for more blood.


So you think Thomas Mair should one day walk free again?

Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20121
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5479 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:55 am

Dy1geo wrote:So you think Thomas Mair should one day walk free again?



At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, once he's served his sentence, and if the people we employ to judge whether an offender is suitably rehabilitated to re-enter society then yes. Of course.

Why is it that people are continually surprised that liberals actually want our justice system to be blind and for people to be treated equally, and not be treated based on the whims of the public? Thomas Mair walking free one day would not make me happy, in fact i'd probably hate it, but i'm smart enough to understand that that's the price we pay for having as fair a justice system as we have.

We shouldn't allow public opinion to be a factor when it comes to the parole of offenders, that's just asking for trouble.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

willsclarets
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:06 am
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by willsclarets » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 am

Read my post again and you could probably deduce what my position is. But at the risk you could conclude I think he should be freed in the next few weeks, certainly not for a long time. Perhaps never, it depends on how he rehabilitates the coming years and probably decades. Do I think he should be hanged without that opportunity while having his liberty taken away? Certainly not.

Funkydrummer
Posts: 5213
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Been Liked: 1931 times
Has Liked: 1268 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Funkydrummer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 am

Pimlico_Claret wrote:Course not cos he'll be walking out into a well paid job to contribute to the tax system and accommodation he's paid for himself. Give your head a shake pal.


I think you need to go to specsavers, pal. Haven't you seen the exclamation marks ? Never heard of sarcasm or irony or indeed satire ? Add cynicism to that list too.
This user liked this post: Pimlico_Claret

dsr
Posts: 8843
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 2668 times
Has Liked: 1143 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by dsr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:29 am

willsclarets wrote:As for his release, you haven't been privvy to his behaviour, rehabilitation and development as a human being for the last few decades. Why or how do you feel so confident in your assessment he should rot in jail? What he did was absolutely abhorrent, cruel and disgusting. But I like to think, merely as principle, that we want to live in a where change is possible and someone can in some small way begin to repay the huge debt they owe. Killing them rarely brings any satisfaction to victim's families even if it satisfies your thirst for more blood.

Personally, I'm not confident that he should rot in jail. On balance of probabilities, since the experts tell me so, I would say he is unlikely to deliberately murder any more children or impale them on railings. Obviously it's hard to put a figure on these probabilities - but wild guess, say 0.5% chance? One chance in 200 that he will viciously murder a child?

Those aren't odds I'm happy with. If 200 child murderers are released and just one of them kills someone, then the system has failed. Child killers, especially multiple child killers, shouldn't get a second chance.

Lord Rothbury
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:44 am
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Re: Another murderer released

Post by Lord Rothbury » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 am

Hang em all let God sort em out.

Post Reply