Ticket office frustration

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Ticket office frustration

Post by bobinho » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Eh up,

I'm a ST holder in the CFS, and when choosing my seat, I wanted to be next to the away fans. I enjoy the `craic` and good natured banter with the visiting supporters. (Aberdeen was quality - proper good laugh)

So far I have been happy with my seat, and have had no need to trouble the ticket office during the `seat swap` period. However, after the `seat swap` period ended, the home section of the CFS has since been extended, and I am no longer sat next to the segregation.

I was offered some advice on how to sort this whilst the ticket office is closed, so I followed it. I was advised to go down to reception, ask to speak to someone from the ticket office and explain why I wanted to swap my seat and I `should` be assisted to do just that.

So I finished work early (costing me money) and travelled to Burnley and explained my situation to the nice lady behind the counter. She then rang the ticket office and handed me the phone. I spoke to a ticket office `junior` who hadn't a clue about anything and couldn't help. She advised me to ring back on Tuesday. I left having achieved nothing. To say i'm frustrated is an understatement.

Does anyone know when the decision was made to change the seats in the visitors section? If they knew this was happening before the `seat swap` period, why wasn't this communicated to those who have seats in the CFS to let them know other (centrally located) seats were becoming available? My concern here is that the availability of these new seats will be advertised and because the `seat swap` period is over, those of us who want to move over won't get the chance.

Why couldn't anyone see me and take a few notes about the request, take my number and return a call?

Our club has made some massive improvements over the last twenty or so years, and in a lot of instances, we are soooo premier league. In others, sometimes we are just the old Burnley. We go on about how football is a business, but if a customer walked into my place of work with a simple request, I absolutely wouldn't allow them to walk out without at least a promise to look into their issue and get back to them. I didn't feel like either a fan OR a customer today.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Re: Ticket office frustration

Post by Grumps » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Sorry, but anyone who wants to be next to the away fans, by choice, is only there for one thing.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:36 pm

Always said. Premier League club with a league 2 ticket office. I fully expect this post to be deleted though as criticism of the ticket office is frowned upon on here. I have had things sorted out, but more often than not I encounter problems to the extent one season I cancelled my season ticket. I dread dealing with them.

bfcwest
Been Liked: 69 times
Has Liked: 85 times

Post by bfcwest » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Grumps wrote:Sorry, but anyone who wants to be next to the away fans, by choice, is only there for one thing.
To be as far away as possible from you?

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:42 pm

bfcwest wrote:To be as far away as possible from you?
When i was 14 i loved standing next to the fence on the longside giving the Vs to away fans. Fortunately by 16 id grown up and realised how stupid id been. I guess some people never grow up.

MDWat
Been Liked: 872 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:42 pm

I imagine the answer to this is because the club can't communicate. The information that comes to supporters through the website particularly, but also through social media channels, is poor at best.

The ticket office really should have been able to solve your query too. As someone has alluded to above, it's Premier League on the pitch, but nowhere near off the pitch.

Shame really, as a lot of people have some good, fair and rationale points but there doesn't appear a great desire to listen.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3844 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:28 pm

The ticket office staff should be on holiday while they can.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32242 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:38 pm

bobinho wrote:Eh up,

I'm a ST holder in the CFS, and when choosing my seat, I wanted to be next to the away fans. I enjoy the `craic` and good natured banter with the visiting supporters. (Aberdeen was quality - proper good laugh)

So far I have been happy with my seat, and have had no need to trouble the ticket office during the `seat swap` period. However, after the `seat swap` period ended, the home section of the CFS has since been extended, and I am no longer sat next to the segregation.

I was offered some advice on how to sort this whilst the ticket office is closed, so I followed it. I was advised to go down to reception, ask to speak to someone from the ticket office and explain why I wanted to swap my seat and I `should` be assisted to do just that.

So I finished work early (costing me money) and travelled to Burnley and explained my situation to the nice lady behind the counter. She then rang the ticket office and handed me the phone. I spoke to a ticket office `junior` who hadn't a clue about anything and couldn't help. She advised me to ring back on Tuesday. I left having achieved nothing. To say i'm frustrated is an understatement.

Does anyone know when the decision was made to change the seats in the visitors section? If they knew this was happening before the `seat swap` period, why wasn't this communicated to those who have seats in the CFS to let them know other (centrally located) seats were becoming available? My concern here is that the availability of these new seats will be advertised and because the `seat swap` period is over, those of us who want to move over won't get the chance.

Why couldn't anyone see me and take a few notes about the request, take my number and return a call?

Our club has made some massive improvements over the last twenty or so years, and in a lot of instances, we are soooo premier league. In others, sometimes we are just the old Burnley. We go on about how football is a business, but if a customer walked into my place of work with a simple request, I absolutely wouldn't allow them to walk out without at least a promise to look into their issue and get back to them. I didn't feel like either a fan OR a customer today.
I’ve forwarded this onto the club and will respond to you directly when I get a response.
This user liked this post: bobinho

peter_nobles_fringe
Been Liked: 21 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by peter_nobles_fringe » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Grumps wrote:When i was 14 i loved standing next to the fence on the longside giving the Vs to away fans. Fortunately by 16 id grown up and realised how stupid id been. I guess some people never grow up.
Its weird how people pay good money to attend a game then spend all their time pulling faces at the away support rather than watch the game!!

claretdj
Been Liked: 283 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by claretdj » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:02 pm

peter_nobles_fringe wrote:Its weird how people pay good money to attend a game then spend all their time pulling faces at the away support rather than watch the game!!
N using their 6 fingers aswell.. :lol:

4:20
Been Liked: 1061 times
Has Liked: 1177 times

Post by 4:20 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:19 pm

"I enjoy the `craic` and good natured banter with the visiting supporters."

Wanting to be right next to the away support doesn't have to be about being a knob.
Hope you get sorted bobinho and have laugh with the travelling fans again next season.
These 2 users liked this post: bobinho Leisure

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6419 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:14 pm

I e-mailed the ticket office about the new allocation of seats just last week, and I was told that nothing had been decided to date (last week) as to whether we could seat swap (again) to be more behind the goal. I expressed my interest in being able to as the view will likely be better than where I am currently located.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Grumps wrote:Sorry, but anyone who wants to be next to the away fans, by choice, is only there for one thing.
Correct, and he explains why in the very first paragraph.
These 2 users liked this post: bobinho Leisure

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Isn’t this just a simple case of having another seat swap period for Cricket Field fans for maybe 2-3 days? Saying that, those who aren’t currently near to the dividing fence might get down early and take the seats you want?

I’ve no problem with people giving it each other over the fence. A bit of tension and back and forth banter aids the atmosphere.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Every time there is any trouble nowadays its in that very part of the ground. If thats the result of tension, banter and atmosphere then the worlds gone mad

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:10 pm

I just think you’re grumpy, Gumps. Fans will always gravitate towards he opposition, whether we “grow up” and sit in other areas, as I do, or not. If you think that shouting abuse over a fence is trouble then you’re too you to remember the 80’s. It’s handbags at best.
This user liked this post: Leisure

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Cheers CT.

Not had any issues next to the visitors, not started any, not got involved in any. There’s a young lad near us who can get a bit giddy, but he gets told.

I like it there for the same reason I enjoy a pint in the cricket club, and the town centre pubs that allow away fans in. It adds to the day for me.
This user liked this post: Leisure

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:01 pm

We sat (stood) right next to the Aberdeen fans in the home leg. Before the game they were great. During the game it was intense. Especially when the goals went in. Pure emotion. After the game the bloke that had been mocking and hounding us (and us him) leaned over, shook our hands and congratulated us, despite being gutted at losing.

How it should be!

sitting next to the away fans is great!
These 2 users liked this post: bobinho Rick_Muller

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:08 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:We sat (stood) right next to the Aberdeen fans in the home leg. Before the game they were great. During the game it was intense. Especially when the goals went in. Pure emotion. After the game the bloke that had been mocking and hounding us (and us him) leaned over, shook our hands and congratulated us, despite being gutted at losing.

How it should be!

sitting next to the away fans is great!
Would they cope with Rocky? Or us with Millertime if he ever attends a match.... :D
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 pm

When cardiff fans engaged in a little banter, they're were lots of people kicking off on here about it, how they were like something from the 70s and 80s...could it be the banter over the fence during the game that got them going? Or was it ok because it was just the criac and a bit of banter? For years the idiot's at games congregate as close to each other as they can, turf moor is no different