C4 Conservative leader debate

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: C4 Conservative leader debate

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:20 pm

TVC15 wrote:You do that.
Will do. It wont take you long I'm sure

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You do know we can see what you posted in the past, right?
Where in that comment does it say she was far left?

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Damo wrote:Ah. So you were basing your assumption on not very much at all.
Not the brightest thing to do when you are trying to insult someone is it?
I’ve just laid out pretty clearly some of the evidence I used to reach my conclusion, and you think I’ve based my assumption on “not very much at all”.

You’re kind of proving my point about how you struggle with understanding English, aren’t you?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Damo wrote:Will do. It wont take you long I'm sure
What won’t take me long ?

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:25 pm

I think folk who live in this country should at least make some effort to learn the language.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Damo wrote:Where in that comment does it say she was far left?
The implication is clear. So clear that when i criticised you for the implication you ******* defended it.
Damo wrote:Well she dropped out of university because her university had given an award to the Israeli politician Shimon Peres.
Seems like the sort of thing the far left would do

Now all you're doing is desperately back pedalling because you know how ******* moronic your implication was.

Here's a tip. If you're going to try to form a bullshit explanation of how everyone else is simply misinterpreting what you said, make sure you haven't already defended it.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:35 pm

Damo wrote:If you read my original comment, I never said the woman in my link was far left.
That was just Charlie being Charlie.
Apology accepted
Fair enough. Although using the actions of the Far Right to illustrate what the Far Left may do makes your original point a bit nonsensical so you can understand why people are confused..

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:36 pm

Greenmile wrote:I’ve just laid out pretty clearly some of the evidence I used to reach my conclusion, and you think I’ve based my assumption on “not very much at all”.

You’re kind of proving my point about how you struggle with understanding English, aren’t you?
You pointed out my use of English.
You came to the conclusion that I'm not very bright because of that?
I have sat a Mensa exam you see. There wasnt a single question regarding spelling or punctuation.
There were a couple of questions regarding missing words in sentences or whatever. But I somehow managed to cope with those. Despite not being very bright (in a few, rushed comments, on an internet messageboard)

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:39 pm

TVC15 wrote:What won’t take me long ?
To show me where I have copied and pasted the comment you quoted me from.

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:41 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:The implication is clear. So clear that when i criticised you for the implication you ******* defended it.

Now all you're doing is desperately back pedalling because you know how ******* moronic your implication was.

Here's a tip. If you're going to try to form a bullshit explanation of how everyone else is simply misinterpreting what you said, make sure you haven't already defended it.
I haven't defended it.
You asked me why she would be far left.
I posted a tongue in cheek reply regarding anti semitism.
You are not the only WUM on here pal

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:41 pm

Damo wrote:You pointed out my use of English.
You came to the conclusion that I'm not very bright because of that?
I have sat a Mensa exam you see. There wasnt a single question regarding spelling or punctuation.
There were a couple of questions regarding missing words in sentences or whatever. But I somehow managed to cope with those. Despite not being very bright (in a few, rushed comments, on an internet messageboard)
Your spelling, punctuation and grammar are largely fine. These are things that can be learned by rote. I bet you know your times-tables, too.

What you struggle with is understanding and communicating basic concepts (eg the concept of “some” or how your earlier post clearly implied the lady who stabbed a politician in 2010 was “far-left”), because you’re not very bright.

This isn’t intended as an insult, by the way, just an observation.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:44 pm

Damo wrote:I haven't defended it.
You asked me why she would be far left.
I posted a tongue in cheek reply regarding anti semitism.
You are not the only WUM on here pal
So now you're saying you were using the stabbing of a Labour MP to troll on here?

Interesting. TheRoyalDyche, and some of his crew on here, will have some very harsh words for you for making humour out of a stabbing. (i'm kidding, they're hypocrites so they won't have a problem with it)

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Damo wrote:Would I find this acceptable for a man to do to a woman under normal circumstances?
Absolutely not.
Do I think it's perfectly ok in the circumstances surrounding this incident?
Probably not.
Do I understand why he did it in the circumstances surrounding this incident?
Yes I do.
I probably shouldn't have mentioned left wing nutcases earlier, because it gave the usual suspects an excuse to completely ignore my point.
Be this woman left wing, a centrist, far right or whatever. Given what has been happening of late and the atmosphere surrounding current affairs, I completely understand why a protester would be thrown out of somewhere they invaded by the scruff of their neck
I'm actually torn about this, because I actually agree with all of that. But again, the rage on his face tips the balance.
This user liked this post: Damo

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Greenmile wrote:Your spelling, punctuation and grammar are largely fine. These are things that can be learned by rote. I bet you know your times-tables, too.

What you struggle with is understanding and communicating basic concepts (eg the concept of “some” or how your earlier post clearly implied the lady who stabbed a politician in 2010 was “far-left”), because you’re not very bright.

This isn’t intended as an insult, by the way, just an observation.
Ok. Well I just found this
IMG_20190621_165123.jpg
IMG_20190621_165123.jpg (189.13 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
It may be wrong of course. But £19k per year does seem a little low for really bright people to be earning.
Perhaps it's time that your definition of bright was accepted by paymasters and the general public.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I'm actually torn about this, because I actually agree with all of that. But again, the rage on his face tips the balance.
It's the rage that is most striking to me.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:19 pm

Damo wrote:To show me where I have copied and pasted the comment you quoted me from.
I never said you had done - I was asking whether you do.
It’s just the kind of comment you extremist right wingers like to make !
Getting back to the point why do you think that someone who would condemn the act would condone it if it was a left wing person who had done what Field did ?
You said a number of people on here would do that - what’s this based on ?

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:33 pm

TVC15 wrote:I never said you had done - I was asking whether you do.
It’s just the kind of comment you extremist right wingers like to make !
Getting back to the point why do you think that someone who would condemn the act would condone it if it was a left wing person who had done what Field did ?
You said a number of people on here would do that - what’s this based on ?
Ah right. Seems a strange question. Perhaps you checked my posting history and found yourself to be wrong, but didnt have the goodness to hold up your hand. Either way, at least we cleared that one up.
My comment about some people condemning this act and condoning it the other way is based on some posters being happy with milkshakes being thrown at some MPs and outraged at people shooting paintballs at pictures of Jeremy Corbyn. Being offended by Danny Bakers crass joke and defending Jo Brands. There are probably plenty of other scenarios like these that I cant think of at the moment, but you get my drift

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:10 pm

Damo wrote:Ah right. Seems a strange question. Perhaps you checked my posting history and found yourself to be wrong, but didnt have the goodness to hold up your hand. Either way, at least we cleared that one up.
My comment about some people condemning this act and condoning it the other way is based on some posters being happy with milkshakes being thrown at some MPs and outraged at people shooting paintballs at pictures of Jeremy Corbyn. Being offended by Danny Bakers crass joke and defending Jo Brands. There are probably plenty of other scenarios like these that I cant think of at the moment, but you get my drift
You hold yourself in too high esteem if you seriously think I can be f-ucked to check back on your posts

Who are these posters who have done what you said ?
Though tbh the Danny Baker and Jo Brand incidents are quite different - but yes I get your drift - so name me these hypocritical lefties who have done this.

Oh btw I really enjoyed Farage getting covered in milkshake - I still laugh now at the amount of his Burton’s suit that was covered in it....i didn’t think you got that much in.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Having read this thread I’m assuming Damo failed the Mensa exam!
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Greenmile

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:39 pm

It could be said if a woman chooses to act like a man then she’s liable to be treated as such in all fairness .Though on this occasion I defer to Debretts “ how to remove a troublesome lady from a party”

“Be firm but gentle and slip an arm round her waist and remove said lady from the fracas . Guide her steadily to a place of safety or exit while placing a comforting yet no nonsense hand on her bottom . Once at place of exit, administer at least 2 firm slaps to buttocks while winking salaciously . A cry of “ out of here you harlot” is also advised “

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:16 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:It could be said if a woman chooses to act like a man then she’s liable to be treated as such in all fairness .Though on this occasion I defer to Debretts “ how to remove a troublesome lady from a party”

“Be firm but gentle and slip an arm round her waist and remove said lady from the fracas . Guide her steadily to a place of safety or exit while placing a comforting yet no nonsense hand on her bottom . Once at place of exit, administer at least 2 firm slaps to buttocks while winking salaciously . A cry of “ out of here you harlot” is also advised “
I'm kinda interested to know how you think she was "acting like a man".

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:18 pm

martin_p wrote:Having read this thread I’m assuming Damo failed the Mensa exam!
I took the test in 2008 at the Astley Bank hotel in Darwen. I took 2 tests, (one was the Cattel Culture Fair, cant remember which other) and scored in the top 2% on one and top 3% on the other.
Scoring in the top 2% on one of them was enough to be invited to join (which I never did because I was young and had better things to spend my money on)

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:20 pm

TVC15 wrote:You hold yourself in too high esteem if you seriously think I can be f-ucked to check back on your posts

Who are these posters who have done what you said ?
Though tbh the Danny Baker and Jo Brand incidents are quite different - but yes I get your drift - so name me these hypocritical lefties who have done this.

Oh btw I really enjoyed Farage getting covered in milkshake - I still laugh now at the amount of his Burton’s suit that was covered in it....i didn’t think you got that much in.
So you just say random things to people and hope they dont reply?
I thought I was bad for not checking thoroughly enough when I post some things.
Seems an odd way to engage people, but whatever floats your boat

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Damo wrote:I took the test in 2008 at the Astley Bank hotel in Darwen. I took 2 tests, (one was the Cattel Culture Fair, cant remember which other) and scored in the top 2% on one and top 3% on the other.
Scoring in the top 2% on one of them was enough to be invited to join (which I never did because I was young and had better things to spend my money on)
ha. 2%. pathetic. I scored in the top 95%, loser.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Damo wrote:I took the test in 2008 at the Astley Bank hotel in Darwen. I took 2 tests, (one was the Cattel Culture Fair, cant remember which other) and scored in the top 2% on one and top 3% on the other.
Scoring in the top 2% in Darwen is in no way an endorsement of intelligence.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:55 pm

Damo wrote:Ok. Well I just found this
IMG_20190621_165123.jpg
It may be wrong of course. But £19k per year does seem a little low for really bright people to be earning.
Perhaps it's time that your definition of bright was accepted by paymasters and the general public.
QED

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:02 pm

Greenmile wrote:QED
Not sure what a degree in Latin pays
This user liked this post: Greenmile

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:14 pm

I see Chris Davies has deservedly lost his seat after a recall petition. Will be interesting to see whether the lib dems can win it back and knock the majority down a little more.

As an aside, there seemed to be a distinct lack of outrage over this conviction from Ringo, et al which is strange given how many times they complained about Fiona Onasanya (particularly given that he wasn't even barred from the party unlike Fiona Onasanya).
This user liked this post: dsr

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:16 pm

Nice chap.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/news/police-c ... 16059.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:25 pm

aggi wrote:I see Chris Davies has deservedly lost his seat after a recall petition. Will be interesting to see whether the lib dems can win it back and knock the majority down a little more.

As an aside, there seemed to be a distinct lack of outrage over this conviction from Ringo, et al which is strange given how many times they complained about Fiona Onasanya (particularly given that he wasn't even barred from the party unlike Fiona Onasanya).
Don’t know if I’m lumped with et al, as a non-partisan brexiter but I think he deserves dismissing from the party... if just for rank stupidity.

I had no problem with him stopping her, but his reaction suggested she was brandishing at least a machete and possibly even an smg. Sure Hunt was delighted to see his main backer being tough on crime. Guess we’ll get to see the manoeuvrings against conviction follow soon.

Incredible

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:26 pm

Strange coincidence that Boris has the police called on him just hours after getting into the final two. For a potential assault on a female too (assuming this is the “welfare” the neighbour was concerned about). Lo and behold the police leave after finding nothing untoward.

Did the neighbour record this in isolation, or did the neighbour have the recording device on for weeks? Certainly going running to the Guardian is dodgy as hell.

I actually think Trump is unpleasant, and I bet Boris wouldn’t be my best mate either. But this kind of thing makes me wonder the degree to which all the Trump news is indeed fake news. A lot I bet.
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:26 pm

Have the Tories introduced a new policy against women!?

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:27 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Strange coincidence that Boris has the police called on him just hours after getting into the final two. For a potential assault on a female too (assuming this is the “welfare” the neighbour was concerned about). Lo and behold the police leave after finding nothing untoward.

Did the neighbour record this in isolation, or did the neighbour have the recording device on for weeks? Certainly going running to the Guardian is dodgy as hell.

I actually think Trump is unpleasant, and I bet Boris wouldn’t be my best mate either. But this kind of thing makes me wonder the degree to which all the Trump news is indeed fake news. A lot I bet.
Trumps brainwashing has worked on someone!

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:27 pm

aggi wrote: As an aside, there seemed to be a distinct lack of outrage over this conviction from Ringo, et al which is strange given how many times they complained about Fiona Onasanya (particularly given that he wasn't even barred from the party unlike Fiona Onasanya).

It is quite strange, isn't it?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:35 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Strange coincidence that Boris has the police called on him just hours after getting into the final two. For a potential assault on a female too (assuming this is the “welfare” the neighbour was concerned about). Lo and behold the police leave after finding nothing untoward.

Interesting I’ve not seen the latest.

However it doesn’t alter his reaction, rank stupidity and could not have gone better for the protester / bait.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:36 pm

aggi wrote:I see Chris Davies has deservedly lost his seat after a recall petition. Will be interesting to see whether the lib dems can win it back and knock the majority down a little more.

Don’t worry, he’ll be laying into him and pointing out how undemocratic it was to even have him voting as soon as he gets back from the pub. Wouldn’t want people thinking he’s a hypocrite.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:49 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Interesting I’ve not seen the latest.

However it doesn’t alter his reaction, rank stupidity and could not have gone better for the protester / bait.
I’m referring to the Boris “scoop” in the Guardian tonight.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nsons-home

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Damo wrote:So you just say random things to people and hope they dont reply?
I thought I was bad for not checking thoroughly enough when I post some things.
Seems an odd way to engage people, but whatever floats your boat
I ain’t got a clue what you are talking about but why don’t you answer the actual question and name these 5 or 6 hypocritical lefties you mentioned.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:04 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:I’m referring to the Boris “scoop” in the Guardian tonight.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nsons-home
Oh ok, I got completely got the wrong end of the stick. I assumed simultaneous protests that they expected to get a reaction from both camps.

So just a domestic. Pressure and settling in to a new gaff, perfectly understandable imho.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Ah just caught up Chris Davis is the guy who falsified his expenses.

He didn’t make an error of judgement as he claimed. He tried to defraud the National purse. Prison should be his next address, though there is little chance that will happen.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Daily Mail reporting Boris may seek an injunction to stop the recording being published.

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:00 pm

TVC15 wrote:I ain’t got a clue what you are talking about but why don’t you answer the actual question and name these 5 or 6 hypocritical lefties you mentioned.
I thought we covered the answering questions thing a few hours ago?
I'll say you are 1 of them though just for the craic.
Didnt you say "I'm really offended by Danny Bakers joke. He should be locked up or shot" and then say "Jo Brands joke was hilarious. It was comedy at it's best and anyone saying otherwise is a snowflake" ?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Daily Mail reporting Boris may seek an injunction to stop the recording being published.
He shouldn’t need one. It was a private row between him and his partner. People are entitled to some privacy.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 pm

The worse thing about the Guardian report is that police initially denied that they had any record of a domestic incident at the address - then changed their tune when hit with the case number and log reference along with the identification markings of the police vehicles.

Great, eh. Still trying to cover up when it comes to the high and mighty.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Boris certainly does like creating problems for himself in private!

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:07 pm

Dirty tricks to leave only a remainer in the PM race. Or was it just a greek night?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Can we just check that its not ok for a Brexiteer to murder anyone, even a remainer?

Cheers

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:24 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Boris certainly does like creating problems for himself in private!
If he has time for any of those shenanigans then I admire the mans stamina

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Damo wrote:I thought we covered the answering questions thing a few hours ago?
I'll say you are 1 of them though just for the craic.
Didnt you say "I'm really offended by Danny Bakers joke. He should be locked up or shot" and then say "Jo Brands joke was hilarious. It was comedy at it's best and anyone saying otherwise is a snowflake" ?
You’re hilarious Damo.
Asked to substantiate your utter sh-ite comments you just come out with more utter sh-ite.
I know you said there 5 or 6 on the board who were hypocrites on these issues - why don’t you just name a couple without lying ?....at least then we don’t have to call you a complete bullsh-itter.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:36 pm

This one seems like a minefield so I have looked up the rules, by the authority on illicit recordings......

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4093108/i ... m-someone/

I feel very uncomfortable about this, and I’d say the same if it were Corbyn.

It could have been his girlfriend throwing plates at him, it could have been her trying to grab his laptop to turf him out, and he tries to take it back which is when she says “get off me”. All speculation, but other than it being clear that is not all roses between them, I don’t see evidence he has done a thing wrong, nor do I think it is in the public interest for this to be published because speculation not fact will be rife.

My instinct yesterday though was that it was a huge error to banish Gove from the race given that Hunt will be like May Mark II. The MPs should have demanded two solid candidates rather than gamesmanship. I really hope that doesn’t come back to bite us, because if the Tories mess this one up, Farage will be in number 10 within 5 years.
Last edited by CrosspoolClarets on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.