C4 Conservative leader debate

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: C4 Conservative leader debate

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:39 pm

TVC15 wrote:You’re hilarious Damo.
Asked to substantiate your utter sh-ite comments you just come out with more utter sh-ite.
I know you said there 5 or 6 on the board who were hypocrites on these issues - why don’t you just name a couple without lying ?....at least then we don’t have to call you a complete bullsh-itter.
Yeah, well you started it
TVC15 wrote:Do you just cut and paste this onto every thread ?
QED

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:00 pm

Damo wrote:Yeah, well you started it

QED
Yeh you really got me there - wow you’re clever.
Anyway who are these 5 or 6 people again ?
I mean you must have genuinely believed it when you posted it ?
I get that you are adamant that it’s the first time you have posted such a comment - ok you don’t cut and paste it onto every thread.
I assumed you did because this type of sentiment is regularly trotted out by others.
....have others influenced you to come up with this insightful ******** ?
Genuinely why did you post something that you can’t seem to substantiate at all ?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:08 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:This one seems like a minefield so I have looked up the rules, by the authority on illicit recordings......

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4093108/i ... m-someone/

I feel very uncomfortable about this, and I’d say the same if it were Corbyn.

It could have been his girlfriend throwing plates at him, it could have been her trying to grab his laptop to turf him out, and he tries to take it back which is when she says “get off me”. All speculation, but other than it being clear that is not all roses between them, I don’t see evidence he has done a thing wrong, nor do I think it is in the public interest for this to be published because speculation not fact will be rife.

My instinct yesterday though was that it was a huge error to banish Gove from the race given that Hunt will be like May Mark II. The MPs should have demanded two solid candidates rather than gamesmanship. I really hope that doesn’t come back to bite us, because if the Tories mess this one up, Farage will be in number 10 within 5 years.
You are speculating like a speculating thing, but only speculating on things that don't make Johnson look bad.

Maybe turn off the lap top and have a re-read of what you have posted in the morning?

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:35 pm

TVC15 wrote:Yeh you really got me there - wow you’re clever.
Anyway who are these 5 or 6 people again ?
I mean you must have genuinely believed it when you posted it ?
I get that you are adamant that it’s the first time you have posted such a comment - ok you don’t cut and paste it onto every thread.
I assumed you did because this type of sentiment is regularly trotted out by others.
....have others influenced you to come up with this insightful ******** ?
Genuinely why did you post something that you can’t seem to substantiate at all ?
I feel a bit awkward carrying this on to be honest.
But post the thread where I copy and pasted from and I'll name the 4 or 5 hypocrites, along with the 1 mentalist

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:41 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote: Maybe turn off the lap top and have a re-read of what you have posted in the morning?
How does this bit work, Lancs? Turn off - and read what is posted? I must be behind on the technology. If I switch my laptop off, I can't read anyone's posts... I can when I'm not logged in, though. ;)

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:53 pm

Damo wrote:I feel a bit awkward carrying this on to be honest.
But post the thread where I copy and pasted from and I'll name the 4 or 5 hypocrites, along with the 1 mentalist
You really do have a problem with basic English don’t you ?
Show me the post where I said you cut and paste.
I asked the question whether you did - you said no - that’s fine.
Not sure why you keep on asking me to post a thread showing where you said it...other than you’re not the sharpest are you ?
None of that explains why you just made stuff up though does it ?
Clearly you can’t - so let’s just accept it for what it is - like I already said more utter sh-ite.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:32 am

TVC15 wrote:You really do have a problem with basic English don’t you ?
Show me the post where I said you cut and paste.
I asked the question whether you did - you said no - that’s fine.
Not sure why you keep on asking me to post a thread showing where you said it...other than you’re not the sharpest are you ?
None of that explains why you just made stuff up though does it ?
Clearly you can’t - so let’s just accept it for what it is - like I already said more utter sh-ite.
Yeah, I do. I'm sure I've gone over that with greenmile earlier and previously with silly eddy.
Now let's talk about your problem with admitting you are wrong. It's easy. Just hold your hand up and we can get back to the start of this conversation, before I made up a silly comment, saying you said something you didnt. Like you did with me. You odd ball

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:33 am

Nothing to see here bar some nosy, Guardian reading neighbours.

"Police attended and spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well. There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action."

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:12 am

Damo wrote:Yeah, I do. I'm sure I've gone over that with greenmile earlier and previously with silly eddy.
Now let's talk about your problem with admitting you are wrong. It's easy. Just hold your hand up and we can get back to the start of this conversation, before I made up a silly comment, saying you said something you didnt. Like you did with me. You odd ball
Start of the conversation was you saying something about a number of people on this message board were hypocritical lefties wasn’t it ?
A number of posts later you still haven’t said who.
Loving how you are throwing in insults such as mentalist and odd ball....shall we really start down that road ? It rarely ends up well for you.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:13 am

I'm going to ask again, st what stage are a couple of you going to not excuse anything a Brexiteer does?

Clearly assault is ok, so I'm wondering?

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 1219 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:32 am

The sky report is the only article I have read admittedly, but where does it mention assault? Who was the perpetrator and who was the victim?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:36 am

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:The sky report is the only article I have read admittedly, but where does it mention assault? Who was the perpetrator and who was the victim?
You haven't seen the MP assaulting the protester for the temerity of interrupting his posh dinner?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:44 am

Tbf the police are investigating an alleged assault.
Let’s not blow this out of proportion - if the police decide he used excessive restraint that’s different...it’s hardly likely he’d going to be charged with GBH or ABH.
I’m not saying he was right to do what he did - he wasn’t. Neither was the Greenpeace woman - not heard Greenpeace apologise for her action yet but they have got more publicity out of this that they can dream of.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 1219 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:04 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:You haven't seen the MP assaulting the protester for the temerity of interrupting his posh dinner?
My apologies, I wrongly presumed that you were referring to the Boris incident.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:20 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:You are speculating like a speculating thing, but only speculating on things that don't make Johnson look bad.

Maybe turn off the lap top and have a re-read of what you have posted in the morning?
Lancs, Lancs, of course I was giving an example of a way in which Johnson would not be to blame. That was the whole point of my post. I could have come up with an equivalent example of when he is to blame. That’s the point. We do not know. Nor do we have a right to.

Interesting line in the Times this morning:

“There was a man’s voice too, but he was much calmer and he was telling her to calm down but she was still chucking things about.”

I would hazard a guess that my speculation is more accurate than that you will see from others. People should try not to believe something just because they want it to be true.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:25 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I'm going to ask again, st what stage are a couple of you going to not excuse anything a Brexiteer does?

Clearly assault is ok, so I'm wondering?
If this is referring to Mark Field, first, he is a Remainer (in 2016) thus has exercised a colossal error of judgement (in my mind, not in yours) which he then repeated the other night.

I think he got angry and overreacted, it was wrong, probably not assault, but he should lose his ministerial post over it.
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:30 am

Rightly or wrongly, I think we already know that people kiss goodbye to their privacy when they stand for public office. Higher the office, the more their character and fitness to lead comes under scrutiny.

Also, the recent strategy of shutting Boris out of the public eye will only exacerbate this scrutiny, especially with regards to how he deals with things while under pressure, after all, he's going to have his hands on the nuke button in a couple of weeks time.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:21 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:...I would hazard a guess that my speculation is more accurate than that you will see from others. People should try not to believe something just because they want it to be true.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:45 am

Yesterday morning I said-

"For all anyone knew, she could have been about to throw battery acid on guests.

Anyway, all the attention is on this incident instead of what Remoaner Hammond was whining on about."

Since then not a single poster has mentioned what Hammond or for that matter Carney said!

Good work Greanpeace!!!

Very interesting on ITV news. They had a recording of Hammond , not aware he was being recorded. Something on the lines of.

"We knew this was going to happen. Why can't they control them"

To me, the fact that Hammond knew the protest was going to happen, that explains how they passed security, is by far the biggest story.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:58 am

Crosspool, fair enough

But you then blew it all by trying to link voting remain with assault.

Nice.

This from Ian Dunt sums the Boris one up for me

"Not even PM yet, but already Johnson is toxifying national debate. Seeing the manner in which normally fairly reasonable people are jumping to his defence today is extremely dispiriting.

If people are worried about a woman's safety, they should call the police. If they think that a man trying to become prime minister might be responsible for that, they should tell a newspaper.

If your response to that situation is to criticise them rather than ask questions about the incident, then there's a problem."

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:02 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
I would hazard a guess that my speculation is more accurate than that you will see from others. People should try not to believe something just because they want it to be true.
I think you need to reread that one!

Your first sentence followed by your second sentence is a classic of its kind!

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:06 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:

"We knew this was going to happen. Why can't they control them"

To me, the fact that Hammond knew the protest was going to happen, that explains how they passed security, is by far the biggest story.
Hi RMcC, if you are involved in any "high profile" event you will expect that one group or another may try to disrupt. If you have reported Hammond's words reasonably accurately it doesn't mean that he knew Greenpeace would be "pulling a stunt," just that this sort of "silliness" (my view on the thing) could happen. As for security, yes, the organisers or operators of Mansion House will have one or two things to think about for their next event - but, bankers dinners are not normally this "exciting."

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:12 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Crosspool, fair enough

"Not even PM yet, but already Johnson is toxifying national debate. Seeing the manner in which normally fairly reasonable people are jumping to his defence today is extremely dispiriting.

If people are worried about a woman's safety, they should call the police. If they think that a man trying to become prime minister might be responsible for that, they should tell a newspaper.

If your response to that situation is to criticise them rather than ask questions about the incident, then there's a problem."
Hi Lancs, "calm down, dear" to borrow a phrase.

I think crosspool was responding to your "defend a brexiteer" by pointing out that Mark Field supported remain. Don't you think that's fair?

As for BJ, it seems everyone wants to jump to the conclusion that he was assulting his girlfriend. From what I've heard on news and read, it appears likely that BJ spilt red wine on a sofa and that's what set things off.

Well done to the neighbours for calling the police. I expect someone will be looking to move flats soon, not normally a "good neighbour" activity to record what is going on next door.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:56 am

Paul Waine wrote:Hi RMcC, if you are involved in any "high profile" event you will expect that one group or another may try to disrupt. If you have reported Hammond's words reasonably accurately it doesn't mean that he knew Greenpeace would be "pulling a stunt," just that this sort of "silliness" (my view on the thing) could happen. As for security, yes, the organisers or operators of Mansion House will have one or two things to think about for their next event - but, bankers dinners are not normally this "exciting."
The way I read (heard) it Paul, Hammond was being specific about that actual event. If the security had been aware of a protest why weren't they more able to prevent it happening. Forewarned is forearmed surely?

Anyway, when you compare the column inches and coverage given to the "incident" against what were highly critical speeches about leaving the EU, by the Chancellor and Mark Carney. Nigel Farage couldn't have done a better job of diverting attention away from their 2 scathing and judgmental diatribes.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:05 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:The way I read (heard) it Paul, Hammond was being specific about that actual event. If the security had been aware of a protest why weren't they more able to prevent it happening. Forewarned is forearmed surely?

Anyway, when you compare the column inches and coverage given to the "incident" against what were highly critical speeches about leaving the EU, by the Chancellor and Mark Carney. Nigel Farage couldn't have done a better job of diverting attention away from their 2 scathing and judgmental diatribes.
From the footage I’ve seen (Newsnight) they just swamped security measures. They held loads back but some broke through while they were all dealing with others. Think they expected one of two but the full Suffragette attack (hence red dresses) was more than they could deal with.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:09 pm

elwaclaret wrote:From the footage I’ve seen (Newsnight) they just swamped security measures. They held loads back but some broke through while they were all dealing with others. Think they expected one of two but the full Suffragette attack (hence red dresses) was more than they could deal with.
Fair do's.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:44 pm

I read on Twitter than some dumb **** on Radio 4 wants the name of whoever called the police to Johnson's home to be made public knowledge. Presumably so that they can receive death threats, and such.

:lol:

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I read on Twitter than some dumb **** on Radio 4 wants the name of whoever called the police to Johnson's home to be made public knowledge. Presumably so that they can receive death threats, and such.

:lol:
Has the name of the nosy neighbour talking to newspapers been published yet. Boris will have them whacked when he gets his leadership.

They should bring back the scolds bridle for all the nosy meddling types witb nothing better to do .

All clearly blown up by somebody against Boris with little foresight to see they may be setting up Mr Farage further down the line.

Bring on Halloween !

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:54 pm

Bfcboyo wrote: All clearly blown up by somebody against Boris with little foresight to see they may be setting up Mr Farage further down the line.
A woman screaming, shouting "get off me", "get out" and the sound of smashing crockery/cutlery coming from the house of the future Prime Minister cannot be blown up enough in my opinion, regardless of which party they are in.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Crosspool, fair enough

Nice.
All I was doing was pointing out he isn’t a Brexiteer, because you were suggesting Brexiteers don’t condemn other Brexiteers.

I would also condemn Boris if he had done anything dodgy the other night but it seems not.

He has avoided questions on it today at Hustings but I think he deserves some respect for not slating his girlfriend in public. If she had totally flown off the handle it would be easy to joke about it and blame it on her, but to be fair to him he didn’t.

I still find it highly suspicious that a recording device was turned on in time to catch every line - no witness in the paper today has mentioned anything prior to the recording transcript in the Guardian. Surely that would have been a lot of audible shouting before someone becomes concerned, turns on their phone then calls the police? Feels and smells like a “gotcha” to me.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:28 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:All I was doing was pointing out he isn’t a Brexiteer, because you were suggesting Brexiteers don’t condemn other Brexiteers.

I would also condemn Boris if he had done anything dodgy the other night but it seems not.

He has avoided questions on it today at Hustings but I think he deserves some respect for not slating his girlfriend in public. If she had totally flown off the handle it would be easy to joke about it and blame it on her, but to be fair to him he didn’t.

I still find it highly suspicious that a recording device was turned on in time to catch every line - no witness in the paper today has mentioned anything prior to the recording transcript in the Guardian. Surely that would have been a lot of audible shouting before someone becomes concerned, turns on their phone then calls the police? Feels and smells like a “gotcha” to me.
During a very loud argument at Boris Johnson's home a woman is heard screaming "get off me" and the most suspicious thing about the whole thing is that the neighbours who reported it aren't supporters of Boris Johnson's politics.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Phew, that's good, no chance he'll have to issue a full and unreserved apology to her or be suspended from his position while investigated then...

Oh wait.
He was right to apologize and suspending someone during an investigation into conduct is fairly standard in most jobs I believe.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:39 pm

Mark Field didn’t want the woman protester to pass him. I do believe we shouldn’t be referring to her gender should we? So Mark Field didn’t want the protester to pass him. He made a difficult move of trying to stop someone who was walking by him in determined fashion, as if that person knew exactly where they were intending to go. As he was seated, his first attempt was one handed and clumsy. Once he had got to a standing position he attempted to move the protester back in the direction they had just come from. This took quite a forceful motion. He then positioned himself behind the protester and frogmarched them to an exit with one hand on their neck to restrict their head movement. This reduces the risk of the protester spitting in his face. The protester was then removed from the scene quickly and with the minimum of fuss. Almost textbook. Apology offered and enquiry to go ahead. I doubt that a charge of assault would result in a conviction.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:53 pm

Sorry Darnhill but that's going against the grain on here, way to sensible and isn't allowed

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:During a very loud argument at Boris Johnson's home a woman is heard screaming "get off me" and the most suspicious thing about the whole thing is that the neighbours who reported it aren't supporters of Boris Johnson's politics.
Some people hate Tories so much (on occasion with justification) they think that an assault on a woman is more likely to have triggered those 3 words than, say, trying to comfort her after she became upset. My kiddie yells that at me and my wife on an almost daily basis.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:53 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Some people hate Tories so much (on occasion with justification) they think that an assault on a woman is more likely to have triggered those 3 words than, say, trying to comfort her after she became upset. My kiddie yells that at me and my wife on an almost daily basis.
Remember when Michael Foot turned up at the Cenotaph supposedly wearing a donkey jacket (It was actually a well made coat from Harrods)?

The Tory press tried to destroy him because of that and in recent times tried to do the same to Corbyn, for not wearing a tie (what an outrage), yet Boris gets plenty of leeway for his dress sense, even though he seems to look very scruffy most of the time and doesn't seem to care.

So this hatred of political leaders works both ways.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:04 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Some people hate Tories so much (on occasion with justification) they think that an assault on a woman is more likely to have triggered those 3 words than, say, trying to comfort her after she became upset. My kiddie yells that at me and my wife on an almost daily basis.
I feel sorry for any woman living near you who is in a situation where they feel like they have to scream "get off me" because clearly you're going to do absolutely **** all.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Spijed wrote:Remember when Michael Foot turned up at the Cenotaph supposedly wearing a donkey jacket (It was actually a well made coat from Harrods)?

The Tory press tried to destroy him because of that and in recent times tried to do the same to Corbyn, for not wearing a tie (what an outrage), yet Boris gets plenty of leeway for his dress sense, even though he seems to look very scruffy most of the time and doesn't seem to care.

So this hatred of political leaders works both ways.
I remember the Tory press reporting that Corbyn was dancing on his way to a remembrance service. That was actually hilarious.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/the-sun-sham ... nday-97629" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:34 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:Mark Field didn’t want the woman protester to pass him.
When exactly did it become acceptable to forcibly stop someone from walking past you?

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:43 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:I still find it highly suspicious that a recording device was turned on in time to catch every line - no witness in the paper today has mentioned anything prior to the recording transcript in the Guardian. Surely that would have been a lot of audible shouting before someone becomes concerned, turns on their phone then calls the police? Feels and smells like a “gotcha” to me.
Very suspicious. It's not like virtually every adult in the country has a recording device in arm's reach all of the time.
These 3 users liked this post: nil_desperandum Steve-Harpers-perm Bordeauxclaret

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 438 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:47 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Has the name of the nosy neighbour talking to newspapers been published yet. Boris will have them whacked when he gets his leadership.

They should bring back the scolds bridle for all the nosy meddling types witb nothing better to do .

All clearly blown up by somebody against Boris with little foresight to see they may be setting up Mr Farage further down the line.

Bring on Halloween !
It's already here.
This user liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:25 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:I remember the Tory press reporting that Corbyn was dancing on his way to a remembrance service. That was actually hilarious.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/the-sun-sham ... nday-97629" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indeed, and we are about to get a new PM that has the dress sense of a tramp, with hair to match. I bet the Telegraph won't be making too much of that.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:34 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:Mark Field didn’t want the woman protester to pass him. I do believe we shouldn’t be referring to her gender should we? So Mark Field didn’t want the protester to pass him. He made a difficult move of trying to stop someone who was walking by him in determined fashion, as if that person knew exactly where they were intending to go. As he was seated, his first attempt was one handed and clumsy. Once he had got to a standing position he attempted to move the protester back in the direction they had just come from. This took quite a forceful motion. He then positioned himself behind the protester and frogmarched them to an exit with one hand on their neck to restrict their head movement. This reduces the risk of the protester spitting in his face. The protester was then removed from the scene quickly and with the minimum of fuss. Almost textbook. Apology offered and enquiry to go ahead. I doubt that a charge of assault would result in a conviction.
This reads like advice from Gareth Keenan.
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile longsidepies

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:53 am

aggi wrote:Very suspicious. It's not like virtually every adult in the country has a recording device in arm's reach all of the time.
Yes they do, they're called mobile phones.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:58 am

Cryssys wrote:Yes they do, they're called mobile phones.
Thanks for clearing that up for us all!
These 4 users liked this post: nil_desperandum Lancasterclaret PaintYorkClaretnBlue TVC15

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:25 am

Creating a problem and then blaming the neighbours.

I feel like we’ve seen something similar before?
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:31 am

martin_p wrote:When exactly did it become acceptable to forcibly stop someone from walking past you?
When you're not sure of their intentions, if you think there is a threat to life or of injury to someone etc.

She was meant to be handing out leaflets according to a colleague of hers that I heard on the radio, to raise awareness about climate change.

The woman made a beeline straight for the top table though, so it's quite possible that in the heat of the moment her intentions were unclear.

Let's not forget we've had Jo Brand making her crappy joke about using acid on politicians recently...it only takes one idiot to think that's a good idea instead of a joke and there are plenty of those kicking around

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:33 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:When you're not sure of their intentions, if you think there is a threat to life or of injury to someone etc...
I’m rarely sure of the intentions of anyone walking past me. I never realised until now that this gives me the green light to assault them.
These 3 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret Imploding Turtle longsidepies

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:38 am

Greenmile wrote:I’m rarely sure of the intentions of anyone walking past me. I never realised until now that this gives me the green light to assault them.
Someone walked past me in the shop this morning. It was so scary but i kept my hands to myself and it turns out they were just wanting to get to the Coco Pops.

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:47 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Someone walked past me in the shop this morning. It was so scary but i kept my hands to myself and it turns out they were just wanting to get to the Coco Pops.
File under things that didn't happen, you never leave the Turtle bunker.