Wooden cricket field stand seats being sold

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 3950 times

Re: Wooden cricket field stand seats being sold

Post by mybloodisclaret » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:34 pm

morpheus2 wrote:If I were swapping my big wooden seats for small cheap plastic seats I'd think I was downgrading, the amount of times I've heard away fans complain about our fine big strong comfy wooden seats being crap is unbelievable, Jeff.
To be fair, it doesn't matter as we don't use the seats in there.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:28 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:They weren't still charging £15 for that were they? :o
Think so,that was a photo of a Burnley fan on facebook.he wasnt happy with the experience :lol:

Bobzuruncle
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by Bobzuruncle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Steve1956 wrote:Think so,that was a photo of a Burnley fan on facebook.he wasnt happy with the experience :lol:
Once the metal brackets had all gone the remaining seats (all claret) were sold for £5 each in some cases with a back, I still got a couple of pairs but not sure what to do with them now.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Ebay? Those down the road might be intrested :)
Last edited by Steve1956 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Bobzuruncle wrote:Once the metal brackets had all gone the remaining seats (all claret) were sold for £5 each in some cases with a back, I still got a couple of pairs but not sure what to do with them now.
Ebay?

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Bobzuruncle wrote:Once the metal brackets had all gone the remaining seats (all claret) were sold for £5 each in some cases with a back, I still got a couple of pairs but not sure what to do with them now.
I'd be happy to give you what you paid if you decide to get rid of them

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Cajun wrote:Looking at the pic from 2 weeks ago, seems that with smaller plastic seats going in for the visitors, it is now more like a 50-50 split in the stand. How many extra seats has it created for Clarets, and what is the capacity increased to? The more Clarets in there the better.
I think someone said an extra 290 wooden seats are available for home fans.

Bobzuruncle
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by Bobzuruncle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Damo wrote:I'd be happy to give you what you paid if you decide to get rid of them
I will defo keep them just not sure how to utilise them yet - I had a vision of putting them up in the garden so will need to either make brackets or set them into a bench style affair, brackets is probably favourite.
This user liked this post: Damo

claret wizard
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by claret wizard » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Need a couple of bolts that will it into the mounting holes. Then put those into a bracket or into a treated wood mounting with a few washers for extra strength. I'll probablyadd them in an Arbour, probably sand them down first though and get them back to wood and varnish them again.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Very dissapointed that as the world is turning against plastic in favour of more sustainable materials, BFC have gone in completely the opposite direction.
What a statement for sustainability and the environment we could be championing by retaining the wooden seats, capitalising on it by marketing our unique club as a one of the only football stadia in the world with consideration for the environment at the forefront of our decision making.
Retaining the wooden seats would have kept us ahead of the trend, making us market leaders. We could have made a big thing of UEFA trying to get rid of our wood in favour of plastic, garnered the support of the environmentalists. Media coverage would follow that would have gained us a massive amount of coverage, everyone would know Burnley and for all the right reasons. Opportunity missed in my opinion.
These 2 users liked this post: Spijed South West Claret.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:37 pm

No Ney Never wrote:Very dissapointed that as the world is turning against plastic in favour of more sustainable materials, BFC have gone in completely the opposite direction.
What a statement for sustainability and the environment we could be championing by retaining the wooden seats, capitalising on it by marketing our unique club as a one of the only football stadia in the world with consideration for the environment at the forefront of our decision making.
Retaining the wooden seats would have kept us ahead of the trend, making us market leaders. We could have made a big thing of UEFA trying to get rid of our wood in favour of plastic, garnered the support of the environmentalists. Media coverage would follow that would have gained us a massive amount of coverage, everyone would know Burnley and for all the right reasons. Opportunity missed in my opinion.
My feeling as well I doubt very much if BL had felt the same he would definitely had made a stink.