Tonight's football ...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2335 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Tonight's football ...

Post by Clarets4me » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 pm

Both England and Scotland leading 1-0 respectively at half-time ...

England much changed but just about deserve the lead . Some " Eejit " has decided that Argentina & Scotland women should both play in change strips, so Argentina are in Scottish Blue ( White shorts/Blue Socks ), Scotland in Pink ( Blue shorts/Pink Socks ) . There would have been no clash in their traditional colours .... 2-0 to Scotland now, Argentina very physical and were diving in the first half ....

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2335 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Re: Tonight's football ...

Post by Clarets4me » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 pm

It's Scotland in a World Cup finals, so they're on their way home, but that was an entirely new way to be eliminated, blowing a 3-0 lead !

The Referee, from North Korea, was frankly, an absolute shocker !! Managed to book 3 Scottish players ( 2 kicking the ball away, & the keeper for moving at a penalty ), and missed or left unpunished countless elbows, violent pushes, scything tackles etc from Argentina, only booking 1 of their players. And then she blew up bang on 4 minutes stoppage time, having used at least an additional 5 minutes on VAR ... I'd have probably led the team off the pitch, if I'd have been the Scottish Manager, a disgrace ....

I'm both sober and English, in case you're wondering !

EK Claret
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by EK Claret » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 pm

I am Scottish and tonight does not surprise me, we have terrible hard luck stories all the time

We could be 15-0 up in a World Cup match against Greenland or Madigascar and still manage to lose 16-15

UTC

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:23 am

EK Claret wrote:I am Scottish and tonight does not surprise me, we have terrible hard luck stories all the time

We could be 15-0 up in a World Cup match against Greenland or Madigascar and still manage to lose 16-15

UTC
Is that Rugby?

dsr
Been Liked: 4575 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:45 am

It looks like her toe was on the ground in front of the line while her heel was in the air above the line. I presume that is illegal, and I presume also that the linesman will be sent home for making such a "clear and obvious error"?

They need to make it clear either that VAR is to be used to correct obvious errors, or that it is used to re-referee the game. At the moment they are saying that it's for clear and obvious, but when a decision comes that seems 49% chance the ref is right, 51% chance the ref is wrong, they overturn. On the basis presumably that they have VAR so they are going to use it.