Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
Claretforever
Posts: 1948
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 am
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Claretforever » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:49 am

...for almost 20 years. :lol:
Attachments
16F24A0B-695C-4D1D-9A78-58086A405CD9.jpeg
16F24A0B-695C-4D1D-9A78-58086A405CD9.jpeg (347.01 KiB) Viewed 9105 times

# 2
fatboy47
Posts: 1600
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:58 am
Been Liked: 880 times
Has Liked: 739 times
Location: Isles of Scilly

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby fatboy47 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:52 am

Lick of paint fer't turnstiles I've heard.

# 3
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:57 am

That idea didn’t last long - about 4 years later came plan number 2 to move the cricket club to Fulledge Rec.

Then there was Flood’s sports village idea in 2007 followed by the bread bin stand plans a couple of years after that.

And here we are, almost 50 years since it opened, with the same cricket field stand apart from a few new seats going in.

# 4
Lord Beamish
Posts: 4121
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 2788 times
Has Liked: 1824 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Lord Beamish » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:58 am

I’ve always thought that any redevelopment of the CFS should incorporate a new Pavilion for BCC. I hope this is what's being proposed.

# 5
Funkydrummer
Posts: 4669
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 1103 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Funkydrummer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:02 am

Lord Beamish wrote:I’ve always thought that any redevelopment of the CFS should incorporate a new Pavilion for BCC. I hope this is what's being proposed.


Take a look at the date, mi lud. :?
This user liked this post: tim_noone

# 6
Lord Beamish
Posts: 4121
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 2788 times
Has Liked: 1824 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Lord Beamish » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:03 am

Funkydrummer wrote:Take a look at the date, mi lud. :?

D’oh!

I thought it was strange that the seats were being replaced this closed season.

I still think that BCC Gould be included in any redevelopment.

# 7
Dyched
Posts: 3785
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:34 am
Been Liked: 1230 times
Has Liked: 296 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Dyched » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:33 am

2 sided stand. Pavilion on one side backing on to the new Cricket field. Job done. Easy.

I’m off on Monday so I’ll get crackin
This user liked this post: tim_noone

# 8
ElectroClaret
Posts: 9239
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:07 pm
Been Liked: 2475 times
Has Liked: 1320 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ElectroClaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:38 am

ClaretTony wrote:That idea didn’t last long - about 4 years later came plan number 2 to move the cricket club to Fulledge Rec.

Then there was Flood’s sports village idea in 2007 followed by the bread bin stand plans a couple of years after that.

And here we are, almost 50 years since it opened, with the same cricket field stand apart from a few new seats going in.


Was the bread bin stand the one where the plans had apartments overlooking the pitch?

# 9
jrgbfc
Posts: 2533
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 pm
Been Liked: 626 times
Has Liked: 53 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby jrgbfc » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:44 am

Dyched wrote:2 sided stand. Pavilion on one side backing on to the new Cricket field. Job done. Easy.

I’m off on Monday so I’ll get crackin


It's worked well enough at Headingley over the years so no reason why it couldn't be done. I suspect in another 20 years time we'll still be discussing redeveloping the cricket field stand :lol:
This user liked this post: Dyched

# 10
Fretters
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:56 am
Been Liked: 526 times
Has Liked: 281 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Fretters » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:03 am

We're slowly building a new stand, a new roof went on about 7 years ago. We've since moved the tunnel, re-done some of the cladding and now we're putting in new seats.

This springs to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUl6PooveJE

# 11
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:04 am

ElectroClaret wrote:Was the bread bin stand the one where the plans had apartments overlooking the pitch?


I think that might have been Flood’s plan. The bread bin plans included a hotel.

# 12
claptrappers_union
Posts: 1860
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm
Been Liked: 532 times
Has Liked: 102 times
Location: The Banana Stand

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby claptrappers_union » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:15 am

The Breadbin Stand concept was a good idea... it just looked ugly.

# 13
Duffer_
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Duffer_ » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:23 am

As we prepare to embark on our 4th consecutive season in the PL, can anyone offer a rational explanation as to why we're NOT building a new Cricket Field stand?

UTC!
These 2 users liked this post: Wuggawumphwumph mybloodisclaret

# 14
Jakubs Tash
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:18 pm
Been Liked: 177 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Jakubs Tash » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:28 am

Duffer_ wrote:As we prepare to embark on our 4th consecutive season in the PL, can anyone offer a rational explanation as to why we're NOT building a new Cricket Field stand?

UTC!

To do so, I think they really need to buy the cricket club first. Whether this is a new build or significant redevelopment.

# 15
Dyched
Posts: 3785
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:34 am
Been Liked: 1230 times
Has Liked: 296 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Dyched » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:31 am

ClaretTony wrote:I think that might have been Flood’s plan. The bread bin plans included a hotel.


Major mistake.

It could now be called “The Robert De Niro Warburton Bagel End”

# 16
Duffer_
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Duffer_ » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:49 am

Jakubs Tash wrote:To do so, I think they really need to buy the cricket club first. Whether this is a new build or significant redevelopment.


That's fair enough if BCC will not sell but is there any evidence that we've tried? It's a complication rather than a reason NOT to.

UTC!

# 17
MACCA
Posts: 10114
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 2468 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby MACCA » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:03 am

The price for the BCC land is only going to get higher and higher. Theres substantial land there that could include player parking, media parking, eateries, fan zone, as well as a start of the art stand and changing facilities.

Problem is we keep patching things up, which either means we can't or dont want to redevelop it at this time. But IMO that would be another legacy of our top flight campaigning.

# 18
Buxtonclaret
Posts: 8022
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:05 am
Been Liked: 1957 times
Has Liked: 3588 times
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Buxtonclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:24 am

New central heating in it? ;)
These 2 users liked this post: Royboyclaret Juan Tanamera

# 19
Corky
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm
Been Liked: 305 times
Has Liked: 256 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Corky » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:49 am

MACCA wrote:The price for the BCC land is only going to get higher and higher. Theres substantial land there that could include player parking, media parking, eateries, fan zone, as well as a start of the art stand and changing facilities.

Problem is we keep patching things up, which either means we can't or dont want to redevelop it at this time. But IMO that would be another legacy of our top flight campaigning.


It's scandalous that they haven't even formulated (as far as I am aware) any plans of what they want to do with ground improvements. And this does not mean increasing the capacity, just improving the archaic facilities.

# 20
Wokingclaret
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 pm
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 241 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Wokingclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:05 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:The Breadbin Stand concept was a good idea... it just looked ugly.


Apart from only holding 2500 fans

# 21
Jakubs Tash
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:18 pm
Been Liked: 177 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Jakubs Tash » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Duffer_ wrote:That's fair enough if BCC will not sell but is there any evidence that we've tried? It's a complication rather than a reason NOT to.

UTC!

I thought it was common knowledge that BFC made an offer to buy and also relocate BCC to Fulledge. Not only that, BFC offered to fund BCC for a good few years. BCC are reluctant due to the money they generate from BFC matchdays.

I could be wrong but I thought that was the story.

# 22
alwaysaclaret
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:51 am
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby alwaysaclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:I thought it was common knowledge that BFC made an offer to buy and also relocate BCC to Fulledge. Not only that, BFC offered to fund BCC for a good few years. BCC are reluctant due to the money they generate from BFC matchdays.

I could be wrong but I thought that was the story.

Assuming it's an option to relocate to fulledge, would it not be fair to say they would still generate a fair amount on match days as well, at least if it was still a pre match drinks stop for away fans. We're not talking a million miles away are we.

# 23
Claretforever
Posts: 1948
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 am
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Claretforever » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:08 pm

It might make sense to buy the Cricket club so that they can relocate, but as part of the deal we give them £X per year whilst in the Premier League, or £X per year if in the EFL etc which would cover for a fall in match day income.

Not forever of course, but maybe a 25 year agreement or something. They then have 25 years to find an alternative source of income, although if they weren’t moving too far it could still be the away pub.

# 24
JohnDearyMe
Posts: 1154
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:31 pm
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 681 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby JohnDearyMe » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:22 pm

Corky wrote:It's scandalous that they haven't even formulated (as far as I am aware) any plans of what they want to do with ground improvements. And this does not mean increasing the capacity, just improving the archaic facilities.


I'll be gobsmacked if and when the hot water taps in the bogs actually work!
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

# 25
ewanrob
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:52 am
Been Liked: 179 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ewanrob » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Approx how much do they generate from 1 home game a fortnight, 200 cars parked and a bar open from 12-3 and 5-7 post game... only guessing but it cant be loads once you factor in staff wages and stock.

# 26
Duffer_
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Duffer_ » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:06 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:I thought it was common knowledge that BFC made an offer to buy and also relocate BCC to Fulledge. Not only that, BFC offered to fund BCC for a good few years. BCC are reluctant due to the money they generate from BFC matchdays.

I could be wrong but I thought that was the story.


Wasn't that nearly 20 years ago? You'd like to think we haven't sat on our hands for 20 years waiting for the cricket club to accept our original offer.

UTC!

# 27
Claretforever
Posts: 1948
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 am
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Claretforever » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:36 pm

I’m sure I read somewhere that the Cricket Club took £18,000 over the bar when we played Aberdeen at home, and the Aberdeen fans were turning up with cases from Tesco. It was pretty packed mind.

They must take £10K per home game on average, which is £190,000, plus parking at £5 each? What is there, 200 cars?

# 28
Duffer_
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Duffer_ » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Claretforever wrote:I’m sure I read somewhere that the Cricket Club took £18,000 over the bar when we played Aberdeen at home, and the Aberdeen fans were turning up with cases from Tesco. It was pretty packed mind.

They must take £10K per home game on average, which is £190,000, plus parking at £5 each? What is there, 200 cars?


So, that would be £209k of sales in a year (not profit) while we're in the PL. By way of context, our turnover was nearly £140m with a profit in excess of £36m.

Of course the cricket club may not wish to move for other reasons but we can blow the financial ones out of the water. It needs sorting at some point and what better time than now?

UTC!
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

# 29
ewanrob
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:52 am
Been Liked: 179 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ewanrob » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Given those numbers, certainly not to be sniffed at...and you can see why they wish to hold onto to the golden egg.
This user liked this post: EK Claret

# 30
Duffer_
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Duffer_ » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:59 pm

ewanrob wrote:Given those numbers, certainly not to be sniffed at...and you can see why they wish to hold onto to the golden egg.


We can swap it for a bejewelled one and mitigate the financial impact by taking the beer sales ourselves.

UTC!

# 31
ewanrob
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:52 am
Been Liked: 179 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ewanrob » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:06 pm

I was thinking that myself, from away fans I've met at the Turf...there matchday experience is p*** poor.

# 32
Royboyclaret
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 12:57 pm
Been Liked: 722 times
Has Liked: 267 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Royboyclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Buxtonclaret wrote:New central heating in it? ;)


I think that probably went over a few heads, Buxton. :o

Bob Lord was never slow to introduce new and innovative ideas at the Turf but the CFS provided the club with one scheme which never really took off. When the stand was completed in 1969 it boasted underfloor heating to keep a maximum of 4,500 fans warm during the winter months. But by the time Prime Minister Edward Heath officially opened the stand in November 1973 the oil-fired system had already been turned off for the last time as it proved massively uneconomical.
This user liked this post: Buxtonclaret

# 33
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:06 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:I thought it was common knowledge that BFC made an offer to buy and also relocate BCC to Fulledge. Not only that, BFC offered to fund BCC for a good few years. BCC are reluctant due to the money they generate from BFC matchdays.

I could be wrong but I thought that was the story.


Went some way did that one. Was when Dave Edmundson was chief exec around 2004. But simply the supposed designated area wasn’t anything like big enough.

# 34
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:I think that probably went over a few heads, Buxton. :o

Bob Lord was never slow to introduce new and innovative ideas at the Turf but the CFS provided the club with one scheme which never really took off. When the stand was completed in 1969 it boasted underfloor heating to keep a maximum of 4,500 fans warm during the winter months. But by the time Prime Minister Edward Heath officially opened the stand in November 1973 the oil-fired system had already been turned off for the last time as it proved massively uneconomical.


The stand was officially opened in August 1969 by Lord Rhodes, the Lord Lieutenant of Lancashire, not Edward Heath. Heath officially opened the Bob Lord stand in 1974 ahead of a home game against Leeds.
This user liked this post: CleggHall

# 35
Royboyclaret
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 12:57 pm
Been Liked: 722 times
Has Liked: 267 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Royboyclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 pm

ClaretTony wrote:The stand was officially opened in August 1969 by Lord Rhodes, the Lord Lieutenant of Lancashire, not Edward Heath. Heath officially opened the Bob Lord stand in 1974 ahead of a home game against Leeds.


I had it in mind that Heath opened the Bob Lord stand prior to the game against Villa in Feb'74.

Just seen your edit.

# 36
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:I had it in mind that Heath opened the Bob Lord stand prior to the game against Villa in Feb'74.

Just seen your edit.



No, the stand opened for the first time for the Villa game but Heath came for the Leeds game in 1974/75. But he very definitely did not open the cricket field stand.

# 37
The Enclosure
Posts: 2135
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:29 am
Been Liked: 563 times
Has Liked: 1984 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby The Enclosure » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:57 pm

Parking used to be a fiver.now it is 8 quid and has been for a couple of seasons.

# 38
Buxtonclaret
Posts: 8022
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:05 am
Been Liked: 1957 times
Has Liked: 3588 times
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Buxtonclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:I think that probably went over a few heads, Buxton. :o

Bob Lord was never slow to introduce new and innovative ideas at the Turf but the CFS provided the club with one scheme which never really took off. When the stand was completed in 1969 it boasted underfloor heating to keep a maximum of 4,500 fans warm during the winter months. But by the time Prime Minister Edward Heath officially opened the stand in November 1973 the oil-fired system had already been turned off for the last time as it proved massively uneconomical.


Until recently, (moving house..lost a lot of my old programmes) I had the Football League Review mag that you used to get in match programs had the article on our 'central heated stand'. Think it was only ever turned on once or twice? :lol:

But as CT says, Heath didn't opened the CS.

# 39
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Buxtonclaret wrote:Until recently, (moving house..lost a lot of my old programmes) I had the Football League Review mag that you used to get in match programs had the article on our 'central heated stand'. Think it was only ever turned on once or twice? :lol:

But as CT says, Heath didn't opened the CS.


Royboyclaret post is a quot from a book that has incorrect info. I can actually remember the official opening, was done from the front of the directors box before a friendly against Middlesbrough.

# 40
cbx750
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:52 pm
Been Liked: 107 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby cbx750 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:36 pm

Didn't Field Marshal Montgomery come to the Turf once or have I imagined that.

# 41
gandhisflipflop
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 487 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby gandhisflipflop » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Duffer_ wrote:As we prepare to embark on our 4th consecutive season in the PL, can anyone offer a rational explanation as to why we're NOT building a new Cricket Field stand?

UTC!


Given how long it's taken them to do the corners we have probably began the process, we just haven't noticed.

# 42
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:39 pm

cbx750 wrote:Didn't Field Marshal Montgomery come to the Turf once or have I imagined that.


He did. Think it was the home game against Leeds towards the end of the 1965/66 season.

# 43
yorkyclaret
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:55 pm
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby yorkyclaret » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Certainly was Leeds, Dad was into cine at the time, he took some amateur 8mm film of it, think it was transferred onto VHS when that was new!

# 44
bfcjg
Posts: 4746
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 1742 times
Has Liked: 1769 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby bfcjg » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Burnley cc have every right to stay where they are. Perhaps we just look at a tired stand with the same or slightly larger foot print. Money talks.

# 45
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:00 pm

bfcjg wrote:Burnley cc have every right to stay where they are. Perhaps we just look at a tired stand with the same or slightly larger foot print. Money talks.


They do have every right. Believe Flood & Fletcher tried to bully them a bit a few years ago.

If we were to replace the cricket field stand on the same footprint we would have to put turnstiles at the back of it which would mean a smaller stand in terms of depth.

# 46
Jeremy_Bentham
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:40 pm
Been Liked: 157 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Jeremy_Bentham » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:04 am

ClaretTony wrote:They do have every right. Believe Flood & Fletcher tried to bully them a bit a few years ago.

If we were to replace the cricket field stand on the same footprint we would have to put turnstiles at the back of it which would mean a smaller stand in terms of depth.


. dislikes bullies.
This user liked this post: Chester Perry

# 47
Duffer_
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Duffer_ » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:19 am

ClaretTony wrote:They do have every right. Believe Flood & Fletcher tried to bully them a bit a few years ago.

If we were to replace the cricket field stand on the same footprint we would have to put turnstiles at the back of it which would mean a smaller stand in terms of depth.


Maybe that's a price worth paying for the comfort, and more importantly, the safety of its inhabitants. I come back to the point...when is there a better time to replace it?

UTC!

# 48
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:23 am

Duffer_ wrote:Maybe that's a price worth paying for the comfort, and more importantly, the safety of its inhabitants. I come back to the point...when is there a better time to replace it?

UTC!


I don't think there is a better time to replace it, but with what? As I said above, I think space would have to be allocated to allow people to get behind it whereas that is on the cricket ground currently. I was told, and I'm sure by Fletcher, that building one with the turnstiles at either end now would not be permitted.

# 49
Duffer_
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby Duffer_ » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:29 am

ClaretTony wrote:I don't think there is a better time to replace it, but with what? As I said above, I think space would have to be allocated to allow people to get behind it whereas that is on the cricket ground currently. I was told, and I'm sure by Fletcher, that building one with the turnstiles at either end now would not be permitted.


The inference from what Fletch said is that it wouldn't be considered safe nowadays. If it aint safe to build now, does that make it safer if we do nothing? If we are agreed that now is the time, surely we do the best with with what we can. If that involves incentivising the cricket club, then great. If not, we have a duty to do the best we can. I haven't been in the Cricket Field Stand for probably 40 years and I wouldn't take my kids on there now...I feel sad about that.

UTC!

# 50
ClaretTony
Posts: 29186
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:07 pm
Been Liked: 13400 times
Has Liked: 2568 times
Location: Burnley
Contact:

Re: Burnley looking to redevelop the Cricket Field stand

Postby ClaretTony » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:33 am

Duffer_ wrote:The inference from what Fletch said is that it wouldn't be considered safe nowadays. If it aint safe to build now, does that make it safer if we do nothing? If we are agreed that now is the time, surely we do the best with with what we can. If that involves incentivising the cricket club, then great. If not, we have a duty to do the best we can. I haven't been in the Cricket Field Stand for probably 40 years and I wouldn't take my kids on there now...I feel sad about that.

UTC!


No inference that it wouldn't be safe, but that building regs wouldn't allow it now.

As for incentives to the cricket club, I'm not sure how much land you could take from them before it has a damaging effect on their ground. We bought some extra land off them to build the current cricket field stand which goes further back than the old covered terrace did.


Return to “The Bee Hole End”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndrewJB, Bertiebeehead, Bosscat, ClaretAL, Clarets4me, ClaretTony, d[-_-]b, Dark Cloud, FCBurnley, Foulthrow, Google [Bot], Holtyclaret, Longsidelenny, LordBob, Mala591, Quickenthetempo, tybfc and 107 guests