Lawmakers on the run

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Lawmakers on the run

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:55 pm

This is funny. Lawmakers in Yemen have fled their homeland in order to prevent their legislative body holding a vote, and have partnered with an armed militia to threaten violence should they be forcefully returned in order to do their jobs.

You can read about it here.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/orego ... spartanntp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh, pardon me. Did I say Yemen? I meant Oregon.
These 5 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Braindead Lord Beamish fatboy47 BurningBeard

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Re: Lawmakers on the run

Post by bfccrazy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:15 pm

This can’t be serious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:38 pm

bfccrazy wrote:This can’t be serious :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can read more about it here. I won't bother reformatting the post for this forum since i did that yesterday about another topic and the thread got immediately removed

https://www.reddit.com/r/LateStageCapit ... s/erwbvcl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18096 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:47 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote: i did that yesterday about another topic and the thread got immediately removed
With a bit of luck it will happen again :lol: :lol: :lol:

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Bat-sh1t crazy, the f***ing lot of em. :mrgreen:

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18096 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:37 pm

ElectroClaret wrote:Bat-sh1t crazy, the f***ing lot of em. :mrgreen:
Thats not nice calling "The Imposing One" Bat-sh1t crazy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:44 pm

This report is somewhat true. The militia's have offered their 'protection', but I have not seen anything from the lawmakers where they've asked for or accepted it. Not saying it's impossible, just that I have not seen it if true. I sincerely hope they have not made a deal with the militias. These militias are extremists and if they're involved bloodshed could happen.
As much as I view myself as a conservative, these groups are dangerous. Political discourse is no excuse for advocating or performing violence.

Here's a link to an article that's not quite so biased.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/arm ... lawmakers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:57 pm

Elbarad wrote:This report is somewhat true. The militia's have offered their 'protection', but I have not seen anything from the lawmakers where they've asked for or accepted it. Not saying it's impossible, just that I have not seen it if true. I sincerely hope they have not made a deal with the militias. These militias are extremists and if they're involved bloodshed could happen.
As much as I view myself as a conservative, these groups are dangerous. Political discourse is no excuse for advocating or performing violence.

Here's a link to an article that's not quite so biased.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/arm ... lawmakers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Send bachelors and come heavily armed. I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.
That's what the Republican state senator Brian Boquist said to a local TV station. This is clearly a threat of violence.

And as a consequence of this domestic terror groups vowed to defend him and his fellow Republicans.

Also, this:
“We’re doing what we can to make sure that they’re safe and comfortable,” said Eric Parker, the president of militia group Real Three Percenters Idaho, adding that the Idaho militias are in touch with their Oregon counterparts about the senators.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/armed-mil ... t-any-cost" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And there's nothing biased about the MSN.com article.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:58 pm

I misread this thread as 'Lawnmakers on the run'.

Too much grass.

Elbarad

Post by Elbarad » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:40 pm

The original article said the lawmakers had partnered with the militia. I submit those facts are not in evidence. I'd welcome evidence that it is a fact, in which case I would withdraw my objection. Without such evidence, I hold that the article is biased because it presents the word 'partnered' as if in fact the lawmakers are working with the militia. It is my opinion that the militia is simply glamming onto this situation to get publicity without any intent of the lawmakers. Edit: I think the word partnered totally skews what's happening here.

I totally agree the guy who said "Send bachelors and come heavily armed. I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple." is totally out of line and should be at the very least removed from his position in government.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:42 am

Elbarad wrote:The original article said the lawmakers had partnered with the militia. I submit those facts are not in evidence. I'd welcome evidence that it is a fact, in which case I would withdraw my objection. Without such evidence, I hold that the article is biased because it presents the word 'partnered' as if in fact the lawmakers are working with the militia. It is my opinion that the militia is simply glamming onto this situation to get publicity without any intent of the lawmakers. Edit: I think the word partnered totally skews what's happening here.

I totally agree the guy who said "Send bachelors and come heavily armed. I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple." is totally out of line and should be at the very least removed from his position in government.
I think it is strongly infered from the words of the Republican senator who warned that the police better come "heavily armed" because he refuses to be a "political prisoner" that they have partnered with the militias who have overtly expressed that they are defending these senators from law enforcement.
Unless, of course, you're suggesting that the senator himself is saying he has his own arsenal of firearms and munitions with which he intends to resist arrest.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:I think it is strongly infered from the words of the Republican senator who warned that the police better come "heavily armed" because he refuses to be a "political prisoner" that they have partnered with the militias who have overtly expressed that they are defending these senators from law enforcement.
Unless, of course, you're suggesting that the senator himself is saying he has his own arsenal of firearms and munitions with which he intends to resist arrest.
I'd suggest that you're both suggesting different things but neither is currently factually accurate.

Case closed.

Elbarad

Post by Elbarad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:08 am

I do believe the senator is referring to his own weapons. Although I object to the the term arsenal. I of course have zero idea as to what weapons he might have in his home. But to me the term arsenal would be much more then say I have myself, which are two bird guns and a deer rifle. I for example would not consider that an 'arsenal' but I suppose you could. To my mind, using arsenal in this context would be more then having simple, legal and to an American mind reasonable amounts of firearms for hunting. I understand that to Europeans, having any firearms might not be reasonable. But to my reading, your use of 'arsenal' is meant to imply something wrong or unreasonable. If he has several of AR-15s and a 1000 rounds of ammo, then I'd agree with your term. Neither of us knows the truth however.

And I also don't believe he seriously intends to resist arrest by shooting it out with the state police, of course my guess as to his real intentions is for both you and I simply a guess.. I would guess he's using that as hyperbole, but regardless, I've already stated those comments to my mind disqualify him for public office. At a minimum he should respect the rule of law and those who enforce it as a state lawmaker. If he's serious, he should be arrested, if he's just shooting his mouth off, he should resign. Pun intended.