BFC TRANSFER SPECULATION (NO LINK NEEDED)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

BFC TRANSFER SPECULATION (NO LINK NEEDED)

Post by Long Time Lurker » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:29 am

Since the other thread is getting a bit crowded I've started this one for ramblings without a link. That way the other thread has a chance of returning to its original, and worthy, goal of posts showing BFC transfer news WITH LINKS.

Not much to add to start things off, other than I was a bit ****** off to see Tonny Vilhena move to FC Krasnodar for £8m with little to no interest from any other competing clubs. A quality young player, consistent performer, good character, plenty of international experience and he would have been more than capable of adding to our midfield.

It was obvious he was going to move for a reasonable amount in this window, which makes two off own my list who have made low money moves in the window so far. Moukoudi joined Etienne on a free transfer :(

I suspect I will also be crossing Benjamin Bourigeaud off my list in the coming weeks as well, based on the interest that is now being shown in him, along with a few others.

The only tenuous link that we have had to a midfield incoming so far is Harrison Reed. Plenty of effort shown by the lad on the pitch, but he has very little chance of making it into the Southampton team, buying him would put money in a competitors coffers ( without reducing their strength ), he is a lesser player than Vilhena ( in my opinion ) and he could end up costing us twice as much.

Any suggestions of players we could be looking at, comments on players doing the transfer rounds, what people think we need, comments on players we are linked to or the state of the transfer market in general and our position within it are welcome here.
This user liked this post: rob63

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER SPECULATION (NO LINK NEEDED)

Post by Sutton-Claret » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:12 pm

Can we also start a new one called

BFC TRANSFER BICKERING AND NAMECALLING EACH OTHER (NO LINK NEEDED)

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:14 pm

If current rumours are anything to go by the other thread will die a thousand deaths :)

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:16 pm

Firthy wrote:If current rumours are anything to go by the other thread will die a thousand deaths :)
Followed by this one.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:43 pm

Burnley Transfer Rumours, is tried and proven, as a means of passing time, without purpose. Why change a winning combination?
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2877 times

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Tickles me how so many posters get aggressive about rumours; both rubbishing others and defending their own... when 99% of all rumours are nothing more than tittle tattle, even from sources within the club. Some land, others don’t exist and yet more are wishful thinking. Some may have a better idea than others, but not one person on this site knows exactly what the club are doing when... only when they chose to let it out.

I enjoy reading posts that take the time to explain why others see flaws in my arguments and argue my points with fresh information / and or alternative positions. Unfortunately their are always trolls and wind up merchants with no interest than wind up posters they don’t agree with, which leads inevitably to petty squabbling... which usually sees the death of threads, even enjoyable ones.
This user liked this post: JarrowClaret

BurnleyPete
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by BurnleyPete » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:01 pm

I also find it massively irritating when someone posts a rumour and its countered with ... "We can't afford the wages" off someone who clearly works within the club and deals with wages and contract negotiations. Even manage to type it in a way that says 'i am in the know, so don't bother even arguing the fact with me'.

God i've wanted that off my chest for years. Feel like a new man.
These 3 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera elwaclaret JarrowClaret

Longsidelenny
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Longsidelenny » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm

This is not tittle tatter I’ve herd we’ve put a bid in for forden it might be is brother though
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

bobinho
Been Liked: 4071 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:18 pm

Eh?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:28 pm

BurnleyPete wrote:I also find it massively irritating when someone posts a rumour and its countered with ... "We can't afford the wages" off someone who clearly works within the club and deals with wages and contract negotiations. Even manage to type it in a way that says 'i am in the know, so don't bother even arguing the fact with me'.

God i've wanted that off my chest for years. Feel like a new man.
Unfortunately it’s an age old problem, people on here do hear far more than me on most subjects that are not in my areas of study. Certain posters I can take the “I know better” line because to be frank it is a reasonable assumption that they do. Ct who I have lot of history with both as a long time friend, and occasional sparring partner on here is a prime example. Because I know CT has had his ear to the Turf since I first knew him in the 80’s the chances are, he’s right and I’m in error on matters relating to BFC and I’m fine with that. On the other hand I’m sure he has more sense than to tackle me on the French Revolution for example, which is where other posters take the position of stopping me in my tracks and re- evaluate my position, though not necessarily agreeing with them.

It is like the old saying “ You already know what you think, while you’re talking your not learning”. There are some clever and knowledgable people on here... there are also plenty of clowns. Deciding who is worthy of the time and respect to engage is the secret.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Longsidelenny wrote:This is not tittle tatter I’ve herd we’ve put a bid in for forden it might be is brother though
This is not tittle tattle.... yes it is unless it’s come directly from the ivory towers, first hand. It is gossip... it is tittle tattle. That does not mean it might not be bang on the money.

Selby Claret
Been Liked: 402 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by Selby Claret » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:34 pm

Longsidelenny wrote:This is not tittle tatter I’ve herd we’ve put a bid in for forden it might be is brother though
Translation (i think...)

This is not tittle tattle. I've heard we've put a bid in for Foden. It might be his brother though.

I would suggest, if it's not tittle tattle, then it has no place on this particular thread.... :)

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:30 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:Since the other thread is getting a bit crowded I've started this one for ramblings without a link. That way the other thread has a chance of returning to its original, and worthy, goal of posts showing BFC transfer news WITH LINKS.

Not much to add to start things off, other than I was a bit ****** off to see Tonny Vilhena move to FC Krasnodar for £8m with little to no interest from any other competing clubs. A quality young player, consistent performer, good character, plenty of international experience and he would have been more than capable of adding to our midfield.

It was obvious he was going to move for a reasonable amount in this window, which makes two off own my list who have made low money moves in the window so far. Moukoudi joined Etienne on a free transfer :(

I suspect I will also be crossing Benjamin Bourigeaud off my list in the coming weeks as well, based on the interest that is now being shown in him, along with a few others.

The only tenuous link that we have had to a midfield incoming so far is Harrison Reed. Plenty of effort shown by the lad on the pitch, but he has very little chance of making it into the Southampton team, buying him would put money in a competitors coffers ( without reducing their strength ), he is a lesser player than Vilhena ( in my opinion ) and he could end up costing us twice as much.

Any suggestions of players we could be looking at, comments on players doing the transfer rounds, what people think we need, comments on players we are linked to or the state of the transfer market in general and our position within it are welcome here.
Yes, Bourigeaud was on my list too......& I've lost 2 others, Trossard who's gone to Brighton this week & Marin, who was at Standard Liege, combative MF with a bit of edge, he went to Ajax a couple of weeks ago for 12m Euros, well within our budget - so, looking forward to seeing how he fares.
Never mind, still got plenty more to go at! :D

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:48 pm

It will all, soon, become clear.