USA v England `ladies` WC s/f

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1997 times
Has Liked: 1142 times

USA v England `ladies` WC s/f

Post by FCBurnley » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Womens football here in the USA is a massive deal. But only because the men are crap. Just read this morning that a couple of Team USA officials were spotted at the England Hotel in Lyon during a training session !! Apparently they were looking at the Hotel to use when they play in Lyon on Saturday in The Final !!! Sounds like Mr Neville has taken this explanation with a large grain of salt. And so he should because the one thing Americans are truly expert at is cheating in Sport. They will do whatever they have to do to win. Pretty much guaranteed they will get at least one penalty ( maybe more) tomorrow. However I think England Ladies do have enough skill to beat them . I am not a Ladies Football fan but I have to admit that the England team are way better than I expected. Cant wait to celebrate an England Victory in the local bar. The American commentators were already discussing the USA v Germany final after they beat France. Wrong on both accounts I hope.

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1630 times

Re: USA v England `ladies` WC s/f

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Germany did not make the semi-final.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Even if the excuse is genuine it is very arrogant behaviour and should only serve to motivate the England players

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1169 times

Post by Falcon » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:53 pm

Straight after the France-USA game the Germans were yet to play so technically they weren't wrong, well apart from their prediction of who would win Germany's game.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:58 pm

I really can't see our lot beating the yanks unless something unusual happens, but you never know on the day.